[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gosling is so irritating in The Big Short, so smug and tryhard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: ryan-gosling-800.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-800.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
Gosling is so irritating in The Big Short, so smug and tryhard. He is only good in brooding quiet roles.

Also
>Muh meme celebrity cameos to explain the plot to the idiot audience

Fuck this flick.
>>
>>64316059
Wanna fight?
>>
>>64316059
>Muh meme celebrity cameos to explain the plot to the idiot audience

that's the joke, mungus.
>>
>>64316059
>He is only good in brooding quiet roles.

You mean like Drive, where the character has autism but he couldn't possibly have intended it because that's what he's actually like?
>>
>>64316098
It tries to dull how they think the audience are idiots, by making it a joke. At least in Wolf of Wall street he says 'you guys are too dumb to get this anyway'
>>
File: laughing business.jpg (166 KB, 428x280) Image search: [Google]
laughing business.jpg
166 KB, 428x280
>>64316098
I wish they'd cut those segments out, or at least make a separate cut just for us who understand the terminology.

But then again I realize we're like <1% of the general cinema audience. Still love it that they didn't dumb down the "actual" parts of the movie. A hair raising financia thriller if you work in the market. Sucks to have info worth billions of dollars but struggling to make a bet on that info.

If you don't know why shorting BB and financing it with writing AA insurance gives you an incredibly shitty position in the housing turmoil, fuck off you dumb shit.
>>
>>64317311
actually kill yourself
>>
>>64316059
>so smug and tryhard
Wasn't that the point?
>>
Im smuggier than you
>>
>>64316059
This movie was great, I enjoyed the fact that they made it into some dark comedy instead of a gritty drama, because sadly the whole thing is just laughable... The only thing that terrified me was the note about where the Doctor is investing his money right now... water...
>>
>>64316059
>smug
That's his character.
>idiot audience
Well, yeah. That's who it's for. The asshat general public that let it all happen.
>>
>>64316059
>irritating
>so smug and tryhard
That's literally the entire point of the character.
>>
>>64318720
>>64318604
It tried to be but he didnt pull it off
>>
>>64317311

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howie_Hubler

>single largest trading loss in history

lmao
>>
I think the biggest weakness of the film was that it didn't explain what happened during the initial crisis. The problem was never valuation, it was liquidity. Banks wouldn't lend to each other because they didn't know what was on their books, and everyone was caught with too much stock on hand (the banks didn't actually own the CDOs -- they were intermediaries. The problem was that they kept CDOs temporarily on their books, and the risk management departments fucked up by letting this amount balloon). The government provided liquidity and a sense of security by buying the "toxic" securities, but in the end these turned out to be alright: TARP eventually made a profit.
>>
>>64316098
yes and it's unfunny. i literally shut the movie off when the margot robbie said ''now fuck off'' or whatever. it's awful.
>>
>>64316059

Yeah, because the definition of a shadow CDO in relation to mortgage bonds is so fucking unambiguous and self-evident, you fucking monkey.
>>
>>64319744

>thinks he can criticize the movie when he stops watching less than halfway through

did it trigger you, tumblr?
>>
>>64319349
but you were irritated by him

you lost m8
>>
>>64319744
You stopped after the first one? After the first 10 minutes of the movie?
>>
>>64318483
Whoa. That note at the end 100% went over my head until you just phrased it that way. I just took it to mean that he had become jaded and hurt by investing so heavily in something with huge real world consequences and decided to focus on something harmless and stable, completely forgetting this is the same guy that saw the housing crisis years before the experts.

Just what the fuck does he know and why isn't anybody asking him?
>>
>>64319977
Freshwater scarcity is already a reality for over a billion people. Mostly because of poor or nonexistent infrastructure though. As populations continue to grow, the stress on these areas for access to clean drinking water will only increase.

Other places like West Texas and California are running their natural reservoirs dry due to inefficient agricultural practices and drought like conditions.

There's tons of writing on water scarcity. It's something even National Geographic talks about.
>>
>>64316059
This.
Gosling and the whole "you're too stupid to know what this movie is about" gimmick ruined this for me.
Also, The Wolf of Wall Street was 1000x better than this.
>>
it was great, much better than Wolf
>>
>>64320382
You are a fool and a coward
>>
>>64320466
wolf was god awful boring shit, leo is a bad actor and scorsese only did the movie because leo begged him
>>
>>64319779
He succeeded in being irritating but only cause he's a bad actor trying to be irritating, not the intended reason
>>
>>64316059
He was by far the best part
>>
So what happened to christian bale at the end? Was he rich or cucked by management before he could make the big money?
>>
>>64322222
he made a shit ton of money for himself and his investors and quit because he realized everyone is an asshole
>>
this movie was great and the only thing that ruined it was steve carell
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.