[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas Slams 'Force Awakens,' Calls Disney 'White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: George Lucas.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
George Lucas.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>While Disney has to be pleased with the way its $4 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm is turning out, thanks to the galactic success of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," the man who created the "Star Wars" universe doesn't feel the same way.

>In an interview with Charlie Rose, George Lucas spoke about everything from his and Disney's branching vision to the deal itself. Lucas, who has always been protective of his series and even refers to them as his "kids," hasn't been looking back well on the deal with Disney.

>"I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things, and...," Lucas said before laughing and deciding it better not to finish. The father of "Star Wars" also opened up about why he and Disney were split on their decisions for the franchise's future. "They looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,'" Lucas said. "They decided they didn't want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing. ... They weren't that keen to have me involved anyway -- but if I get in there, I'm just going to cause trouble, because they're not going to do what I want them to do. And I don't have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up," he said. "And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way, and I'll let them go their way.'"

>Lucas described "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," the film that resulted from Disney's vision, as "a retro movie." "I don’t like that,” he said. “Every movie, I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new.”
>"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has been a massive success in the two weeks it has been out, becoming the ninth-highest box office performer ever with $1.23 billion in global box office receipts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/george-lucas-force-awakens-white-slavers_568575dbe4b014efe0da695b

Is Lucas the hero /tv/ deserves?
>>
white slavers?

is george going to blow the whistle on pedowood?

is he the last free white man in the indstury?

save us george
>>
I think we can all agree that if Lucas was involved, the movie would have been a complete pile of shit. The reason this movie is halfway decent is because Disney said 'no, fuck you' to his involvement.
>>
>>64316029
George Lucas rape scandal when?
>>
File: yoda.png (424 KB, 675x499) Image search: [Google]
yoda.png
424 KB, 675x499
>>
What did he think would happen?
>>
>>64316153
This movie is a complete pile of shit. It was bound to happen regardless of George Cuckas involvement.
>>
>>64316183
/thread

TFA might not be a great film but its definitely better than anything he's recently put out. And now that a lot of the mainstream movie audience realizes he's become a hack he fells insecure and needs to defend himself.
>>
>>64316241
But you're wrong. Your opinion is shit.

You kuks will hate anything.
>>
>>64316153
*tips fedora*
>>
File: tattoienee.jpg (63 KB, 637x422) Image search: [Google]
tattoienee.jpg
63 KB, 637x422
>different planets
okay george

though yeah, after TFA was what it was, I think I'd be more interested in another prequel disaster type thing, just for it to be different. The thing that annoyed me the most about TFA was that it was exactly like A New Hope and had WAAAYYYY too many original trilogy references. Literally like thirty. Just wrecks suspension of disbelief. I knew Chewbacca was getting shot in the arm before it happened and that's stupid.
>>
File: FAGGOT.jpg (47 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
FAGGOT.jpg
47 KB, 365x450
>>64316153
>halfway decent
>>
>>64316357
>>64316241

What don't you actually like about TFA? I see a lot of people bashing it and saying its fucking horrible but most of them don't provide answers outside the typical /pol/ shit like "MUH STRONG WOMANZ" or "NIGGER IN STAR WARS".

What do you find bad about it besides pointless shit like this? I want to know.
>>
>>64316199
God damn, this. The movie is exactly the "Marvel's Avengers in Space with Light sabers" movie I thought it would be. A complete steaming pile of shit geared to reach mass audiences and and make as much money as possible.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (143 KB, 604x797) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
143 KB, 604x797
I legitimately feel bad for Lucas

I mean, I liked TFA, and the prequels were bad, but there is definitely a kind of charm to the prequels that TFA severely lacks.
>>
>>64316029
Lucas finally went senile
>>
File: 1433117164641.jpg (21 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
1433117164641.jpg
21 KB, 500x318
>>64316519
The charm is that the prequels, even though they had a lot of filmmaking error which TFA had much less of, depicted an expansive and imaginative universe from the mind of a visionary. It was a canonical expansion of the original trilogy. TFA is designed pretty well and the action sequences are top notch, but, it's filled to the brim with original trilogy memes and brings literally nothing new to the table as far as universe goes. The prequels were packed with that shit.
>>
>>64316029
>"Every movie, I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new.”

which is why we saw Tatooine five times in six movies
>>
>>64316450
Mary Sue characters, shitty 'copy & paste' plot, bad acting. Is that enough?
>>
>>64316595
There was definitely a lot less exposition in TFA. Yeah, prequels had a ton of boring political nonsense, but at least I knew where people were going, in TFA I couldnt tell where they were because they dont fucking say anything. What planet was Starkiller base made from? What planet were they on when Rey found Luke's/Anakin's lightsaber? The only planets I remember were Jakku AKA "not Tattooine" and Hosnia which they never went to anyways.
>>
>>64316450
TFA is like a mediocre fanfiction that would be given 200 million dollars to be put on screen.
>>
>>64316029
I hope he releases his version of episode VII one day so I can have a good laugh.. or cry
>>
>>64316318
Most of that movie takes place on Naboo you faggot. even if you hate the gungans their underwater civilization is the tits
>>
>>64316519
He was in an interview not too long ago where he looked like he was going to cry when he realized he's done with Star Wars, didn't help the interviewer kept trying to see how depressed he could make him.
>>64316595
There are parts in TFA where it feels like it could be in any other movie, that Han Solo scene where the Star Trek gang members show up is easily the most out of place scene.
>>
Each of lukas movie prequels had a bunch of things that sucked, but also had things that were charming imaginative and well made

This movie had nothing that flat out sucked, but nothing that was charming or creative either. Was just a nice flatline to sell tickets, like the marvel movies. The only saving grace of the film is Finn.
>>
File: 1450736634220.jpg (93 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450736634220.jpg
93 KB, 400x400
lucas tossing those jews right in the oven
>>
He's right. The lack of child actors, Jamaican space rabbits, singing teddy bears and unnecessary CGI really ruined the Star Wars franchise. It's like anodduah shoah, I tell ya.
>>
>>64316450
I had lots of problems with the movie that had nothing to do with Finn or Ret, both of whom I liked. I'm still torn on Ren.

First of all, the callback saturation is WAY too high. Trash compactors, the Jedi training droid, the Kessel run, the chess game, the terrible new cantina reggae song meant to mirror the weird jazzy song on Tatooine. Every five minutes there was another nudge--"hey, remember Star Wars? Hey, do you remember Star Wars?"

Second, the design of the planets and ships was so lackluster. Every ship is a lazy copy of every ship in the original trilogy. I can see both militaries using older ships, but you need to introduce something new, maybe just for the captains, or something else. Otherwise it's just Xwing vs Tie Figher again. That's not to mention they used the Death Star thing--for a third time. Furthermore, Jakku and the other planet were just Tatooine and Yavin's moon again. I didn't pay expecting to see the exact same planets.

No explanation as to why the First Order is even a threat. If the Empire was routed and the Republic is stable, why not show the Republic hunting down the Empire and inadvertently becoming an ambiguously ethical force at risk of becoming an "Empire" themselves?

Finally, the red herring of the movie was literally a map to Luke Skywalker. Not to a landmark, or another galaxy, but literally a map to a human being. Such uninspired writing.

So there are many reasons the movie was not great. I'm not even gonna say it was bad, because I enjoyed it, but they played it too safe and I left the film thinking "yep, I guess that was Star Wars" as opposed to "Holy shit, THAT was Star Wars!?"
>>
Wait a second.. I'm on /tv/!
>>
>>64316837
>"Holy shit, THAT was Star Wars!?"

youve never said that in your life
>>
>>64316657

That's called consistency
>>
File: Star Wars Captain Phasma.png (1 MB, 1492x1611) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Captain Phasma.png
1 MB, 1492x1611
>>64316029
why doesn't he just start a new franchise?
>>
>>64316837
I feel like a lot of this was probably Disney's doing

A lot of stuff in TFA was ripped right out of KOTOR and there's probably more to come later, I think JJ wanted to make a KOTOR movie and Disney said "No JJ, make safe investments"
>>
>>64316832
George "Liquidate the Leeches" Lucas
>>
The first half hour or so of the movie was fine, fairly promising.

As soon as Han showed up, it went to utter shit and was just "REMEMBER THIS???" The space Nazi speech was so fucking lame and stupid too.

Fucking terrible.

I don't like the prequels much either but TFA was actually worse.
>>
>i posted it again

/tv/ could talk about these shit flicks till they fucking died
>>
>>64316897
Not watching a movie, you're right, but I felt like that watching the implied scene of Anakin killing Tusken Raiders and children; talking Jedi/Sith philosophy with Kreia and Jolee Bindo; and a little bit playing Republic Commando.
>>
>>64316029
>slams

No he fucking doesn't, he makes a tasteless joke and trails off in a totally amicable conversation. Clickbait is boring.
>>
Do you think Lucas has gained confidence after seeing 4chan take a whole new perspective on the prequels?

I presume he kept tight lipped on all this for so long because he was busy selling the rights to Indiana Jones
>>
File: 1450262524272.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1450262524272.png
9 KB, 401x367
>>64317018
>rustling kike and SJW jimmies by calling them what they've always resemble most
>tasteless joke
>>
>>64316450
The dialogue was clunky and awkward. The actors playing the new cast are competent (at least Po and Finn) and they have some chemistry, but shit man Finn and Rey? Not at all. She is an awful actress who's main emotion is gritting teeth.

Does someone have the picture of all the emoji replaced with different shots of her gritting teeth?
>>
>>64317120
Rey was easily the worst character
>>
>>64316450
It's not a good film but it's not bad. It just lacks its own charm which is what the original Star Wars had, which as we all know was by no means an original film but took a whole heap of things and played around with them creatively.
>>
>>64317200
I walked into the movie expecting to hate Boyega and like Rey, but it was the complete opposite.

She was interesting, and then she opened her mouth to speak and kept speaking. Her accent sounds awful, and she has a terribly thin character.

Of course I have problems with Finn as well, but shit at least he was bearable.
>>
>>64317200
Which is funny because they obviously tried to make her the most likable character by making her the most "awesome". Pointing this out wrecks normies who fell for it. Kylo and Finn where the best characters I thought.
>>
>>64317018
hello reddit!
>>
File: Zp5eC6Dn_400x400.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Zp5eC6Dn_400x400.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
HERE TAKE MY JAR JAR BINKS AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT
>>
>>64317288
>>64317292
Same here, aside from Finn's weak excuse for deserting, he was extremely like-able because he was flawed

Rey had no flaws which makes her boring, and on top of that her accent was fucking shit

>GET TO THA QWAD JUMPAH

Fucking Kanjiklub guy didn't have that much of an accent like goddamn
>>
Has anyone read what Lucas wanted to do? Are these real? They sound like the prequels. Anyone?

http://starwarsuniverse2.tripod.com/id6.html
>>
>>64317414
They sound amazing
>>
>>64317414
TURBOLASERS.
>>
I hate when TFA spergs say matching ANH plot points beat for beat is not a major flaw. The fact that I knew exactly what was going to happen 20 minutes into the movie is a major fucking flaw.
>>
File: 1442.jpg (70 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
1442.jpg
70 KB, 400x550
>>64316183
A shit lord?
>>
File: 765508.jpg (34 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
765508.jpg
34 KB, 600x360
TFA is better than any of the prequels though, right?
>>
>>64317702
Technically, its a competently made film. It just lacks the charm the prequels had
>>
http://pastebin.com/HKTDRDBC
>>
File: 1448772829097.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1448772829097.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>64316183
God, that's retarded. Remember when Luke was worried about his friends getting tortured on Cloud City and Yoda said "Luke, stop caring about your friends that's wrong"?

Oh yeah me neither
>>
File: b8!.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
b8!.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>64317355
>>
>>64317702
Though the prequels were utter trash, the plot (or lack there of) was more interesting than a rehash of ANH. Abrams was rehashing his rehash idea; he just copy pasted Wrath of Khan for the second Star Trek movie, switched Kirk and Spock's roles, and called it new.
>>
>>64317516
this!
>>
>>64317849
Are you implying Rey was at all interesting? She's literally a blank slate so girls can project themselves onto her
>>
>>64316519
what charm?

the fact they were so bad it was comical? get out of here
>>
>>64316595
yea, that 50's diner cafe and the fucking deathsticks dealer

real fuckin imaginative
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzDIClx-_pY
>>
>>64318003
It all felt like Star Wars though, TFA felt like another Marvel film with Star Wars paint
>>
>>64316929

>le experimental films I will never show anyone man
>>
>>64316029
> "All I would do is muck everything up,"

Smartest thing George has ever said.
>>
>>64318054
no it didn't

they actually fucking went out of the way to shit on what the original movies were about
>>
What the prequels were good at, TFA is bad at (world building, expanding the universe, originality).

What TFA is good at, the prequels are bad at (acting, dialogue, believable effects, good chatacters)
>>
>>64316029
What does he mean by "White Slavers"

Is he saying White People are shit or is he saying White People are being cast aside. Seriously what is White Slavers suppose to mean?
>>
>>64317773
> Prequels
> Charm

Kek.
>>
>>64318144
the dialogue in TFA is awful, at least the prequel's were funny and memorable
>>
>>64318144
Nailed it. Thanks. This is what I'll be telling my friends at New Years tonight.
>>
He should re-write Star Wars again like he did with Willow.
>>
>>64316450
It's a generic action movie with Star Wars clothing, the Star Wars brand, slapped onto it. It exists only because it's a great opportunity to make money--make a safe movie based on an iconic franchise while being careful not to leave in glaring flaws like the prequels, and bam, Disney's rolling in hundreds of millions of $ profit.

Exchange the light swords, spaceships, and masked villain for other superficial accouterments, and the movie would've been forgotten after one weekend. That all by itself is offensive and too business-oriented, even for a big-budget action movie. Jurassic World and other blockbusters fit this mold too, but not to the glaring extent of TFA.
>>
This guy came up with Darth Icky and midi-chlorian. Plus he got 4 billion. Disney can redo the prequels for all I care.
>>
>>64318188
The entire quote is a long, tortured metaphor, much like Star Wars itself. He calls the pictures his children, that he raised and cared for, but then he sold his children to white slavers, who, presumably, exploit them (the children) for money. Nothing to see here, really.
>>
>>64318188
I think he meant that Disney gave him an offer he couldn't refuse, and that they turned his franchise to shit (like it wasn't already). I think he realized he was going to say something racist so he stopped short.
>>
>>64318188
He called his movies his kids. Rose continued that thought by saying he sold his kids, Lucas went overboard with the metaphor by saying he sold his kids to white slavers(since his kids would persumably be white and the people who buy them would be white slavers), then he realized what he said and gave an awkward chuckle and changed the subject.
>>
He's just butthurt. He sold his baby to the jews for $4bn. They will make that money back with two or three decent SW films then it's all profit. This humiliates him so he make a coded attack ("white slavers") on the jews.

House always wins in the end, goy.
>>
>>64316029
No. No he isn't.

The prequels are inferior to The Force Awakens in almost every way. He's a jealous bitter troubled old man. Thank God he's gone.

And the fact that he's just now getting into the SJW religion in his 60s, and not the ages of 16-20...(before you realize its horseshit and grow up) says a lot about his IQ desu.
>>
File: Max Bait.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
Max Bait.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>64317967
try harder, baitlord!
you can't really be SO stupid as to have missed ALL of the OBVIOUS character and plot hooks dripping off of her - are you suggesting you slept thru the whole film?! puh-lease!
>>
File: Star Wars 7.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars 7.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>64317702
fucking hate the cringy fan service shit that makes up 80% of this film, i don't feel like the star wars universe even expanded since watching this movie it literally has no story. still at least the lead was a qt.
>>
TFA did have the problem of not expanding the universe at all. The timeline hasn't really moved forward either, they basically hit a reset so it's back to ANH's setting.
>>
>>64318589
THIS, oh my gawd, this
>>
Any new George Lucas led SW films would have been terrible.

The Disney SW films are gonna be either mediocre or terrible in different ways.

Lucas is just grieving over having sold his life's work, and it'll probably take him a while to get over it. The $4 billion might help.
>>
>>64316029
I'm saying this as nicely as I can, but he should really just fuck off into obscurity and shut up already

>>64318589
>>64318612
how is that a problem though? The movie was safe, sure, but it was also good and enjoyable. I'll take that over a movie that tries to "expand the universe" and not feel like a star wars movie.
>>
Episode 1 made me lose faith in all of humanity. I began doing drugs and committing crimes shortly thereafter. My whole life since then has been forfeit all thanks to George Lucas.
>>
File: 1442684048774.gif (3 MB, 406x300) Image search: [Google]
1442684048774.gif
3 MB, 406x300
>>64318672
how is redundancy and being derivative a problem? how is copying another artist's work a problem? how is stealing an entire plotline a problem?
hmmmm,. i guess you got me.....
>>
File: SW new characters.jpg (97 KB, 672x338) Image search: [Google]
SW new characters.jpg
97 KB, 672x338
maybe the movie would have been better if it was about finn slowly turning to the good side while kylo accept the dark side,showing off more about the FO newfound sense of ''family'' and less about the resistance that we already know about.just an idea.
>>
>>64318672
For hardcore fans the movies are just the tip of the iceberg, but the also act to define the vast majority of other content. Fans are pissed that JJ pissed away this one opportunity to add a ton of content to the world and that they'll have to wait two years for something new.
>>
>>64318827
you should go home and rethink your life
>>
>>64318054
Dexter Jettster felt exactly like Star Wars you're right
>>
>>64318877
I LIVE IN A GOD DAMN DUMPSTER
>>
>>64318872
jj didn't add ANYTHING to the series - he took something away! permanently! THAT was his addition to the franchise - to take away an established part, forever. BRAVO, JJ!!
>>
>>64318827
>>64318877
samefag attempts shitty joke
>>
>>64318835
It's closer to deconstruction than a copy. In ANH every character was strongly alligned to the two forces colliding, and basically being their side's representative in the fight between good and evil. In TFA it's more about confused people trying to make their way alive out of this collision.
>>
Daily reminder that Lucas is a better directer and leagues better at cinematography than JewJew.

All he needs is to not be surrounded by yes-men and have competent writers and to not overdo the CGI.
>>
>>64318900
oh, anon - Obi wan feels for you, but his concern was spent when he mind affected you to do his will - NOW GO RETHINK YOUR LIFE, FORCE DAMMIT!!
>>
>>64318940
That would've happened regardless of who was at the wheel and the quality of the movie
>>
>>64318054
>the prequels felt like star wars
only for the soundtrack
>>64318877
goddamn double dubs
>>
File: 1442453614087.gif (948 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1442453614087.gif
948 KB, 384x288
>>64318945
ha! wrong!!
>>
>>64318963
You're giving this movie way too much credit.
>>
>>64318589
>TFA did have the problem of not expanding the universe at all.

That shit's gonna all happen in the next movie. It's gonna be a film composed almost completely of flashbacks, since they have to deal with the start of the Resistance and its split from the New Republic, the establishment and massacre of the New Jedi Order and the discovery of Snoke.

There's shit happening, it's just being ignored or implied because people bitched about all the overly complex political bullshit in the prequels.
>>
File: 1443125139152.gif (2 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
1443125139152.gif
2 MB, 350x255
>>64318963
interesting point.....go on
>>
Lucas is an awesome idea guy, not an awesome dialogue and story writer.
>>
>>64318228

>prequels
>funny

Pick one man, that slap stick random bullshit is so horrible when you re-watch it.
>>
>>64318228
Funny in memorable in how terrible it is.

Dialogue in TFA isn't perfect but its much sleeker and well executed.
>>
>>64319006
perhaps - a good director would have gotten ford to stay on board, in my opinion
>>
>EU children convinced that fanfiction has ever been canon in any franchise ever
pls go
>>
File: 1441657656215.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1441657656215.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>implying kylo ren was not the protagonist
>>
He has already apoligized

>George Lucas has apologized for comparing Disney to 'white slavers' in an interview he did with CBS' Charlie Rose. According to Variety, Lucas called the statement a "very inappropriate analogy."

>The Star Wars creator felt it important to say he's "thrilled" Disney owns the franchise, and he's very proud of The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy on the film's runaway success.
>>
>>64316450
>the typical /pol/ shit
Just because someone makes a sexist or racist comment, doesn't mean it comes from /pol/ or is associated with the board. Seriously, you anons honestly think there wasn't racist or sexist remarks before /news/ was introduced?
>>
>>64319040
>>64319088
Sure.
The main protagonist has no mentor figure, and is left to figure her own place in the world, and is torn between wanting to wait for her family and wanting to leave the hostile shithole she lives in.

The other protagonist is a stormtrooper deserter who has to confront his former comrades, he also needs to figure out his place, between living his life in safety, and risking them on the frontlines in order to save his friends.

The main villain has a personal goal he tries to achieve, like the other two character, he's not sure where he belongs, whether pursuing power on the dark side, or his kinder insincts on the light side.
^One of the overarching themes is that of uncertainty, and making hard choices compared to the clean simplicity of the OT characters. In the OT every character has a very simply defined goal, only Han waivers from it as part of his character arc. In ANH Luke is a war hero in the rebellion, in TFA Finn lies to the rebellion and basically just uses them to achieve his goals(rescuing Rey). In ANH Vader goes out in a TIE to defend the emperor's Death Star, while Kylo Ren spends this crucial time resolving his personal issues. It's a completely different point of view, much more personal, and much more percarious.
>>
File: vader.jpg (79 KB, 736x557) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
79 KB, 736x557
>>64319103
>Lucas is an awesome idea guy, not an awesome dialogue and story writer.

Perhaps not the best writer at times - but he had vision. Star Wars always had its charm but TFA was utterly dead in that regard. Here is the interview for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hQVlRgFlU
>I'm 70
>Every 10 years the odds get worse.
George ;_;

In addition - his utter love of the franchise is insane

>attention to detail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

As a final note - the score in TFA utterly fucking sucked. What was John Williams doing? What happened to him? Does anyone even remotely recall a good theme or score from TFA? I mean compare it to the prequels/OT even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQjXeMBRt50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIl7-rDOuTM
The list goes on.
>>
>>64318030
The thing with Lucas is that he's a visionary but he needs someone like Kasdan to bitchslap him back into reality once in awhile. I guarantee that if he had the same people helping him write, direct and edit the prequels as the OT, Jett Dexter probably wouldn't have been created and never would have survived post production.
>>
>>64319256
I recommend watching the clone wars show. It's really good, but he didn't write it. Just gave ideas and opinions. One of the best arcs in it too is actually written by his daugther.
>>
4 billion dollars and he's still salty.

Maybe he's not autistic. Maybe he's just a big baby.
>>
>>64319291
>I recommend watching the clone wars show
I've been meaning to watch it - thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>64319295
>4 billion dollars and he's still salty.
>Maybe he's not autistic. Maybe he's just a big baby.
You've clearly never put severe effort into anything and then have to give it away.
>>
>>64319139
They literally just made Jacen Solo into Ben Solo and made Ben Skywalker into a grill.
>>
>>64316749
Only autists care about those questions.
>>
File: star wars webm grievious.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
star wars webm grievious.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>64319313
No problem, you have a enjoyable adventure ahead of you.
>>
>>64319139
TFA rips so heavily from the EU its rather hilarious
>Ben Solo almost exactly the same
>A weapon that drains Suns
>>
>>64316929
He's been talking about making experimental films for more than 30 years. All he has to show for it are the prequels.
>>
how rey not have a super tan, let alone any, living on planet like that?
>>
>>64319256
Lucas had vision. The problem is his vision needed corrective laser surgery from Marcia and his producer.
When Lucas got free reign, his vision turned to shit.
>>
>>64316029
>>64316123
>>64316153

http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60665244
>>
>>64319335
Lucas wasn't forced to sell Star Wars.
>>
File: star wars TFA rekt.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
star wars TFA rekt.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>64316450

>i r the plebbest: the post

Eat shit you reddit cum stain
>>
>>64319594
>Lucas wasn't forced to sell Star Wars.
Did you even watch the interview. Forced physically? No - he did it for the fans so that they'd have that universe develop even after he died.
>>
>>64319414
They picked the few good parts out of a pile of feces that was the EU and cleaned them up.
>>
>>64319414
>hyperspace cannon

It's LITERALLY the plot of Empire's End.
>>
>>64319017
Is that Goemon?
>>
>>64319248
i can agree that the pov is more personal, more individual - the mythic villain is not 'civilized society', as it is in the original trilogy, but some nefarious 'other' 'out there' coming to get us. This choice of villain certainly seems to back up your 'alternate pov' theory - since, from an individual's perspective, EVERYTHING is 'out there' and 'other'. Go on.
>>
>>64319634
haha He was forced by the fans? The fans he cared so much about that he was pissy that the fans didn't understand that Jar Jar Binks was the key?
>>
>>64316837
A few notes. There is a deleted scene in which Leia goes to the new Galactic Senate to try to get them to take military action against the First Order. But it's sort of a USA WWII isolationist issue. They've been free of war for so long they don't want to get into it. The Resistance is given funding under the table but officially the Republic is neutral against the relatively small First Order threat (because they don't know about Starkiller Base)

The map isn't a map to Luke. It's a map recovered from the Death Star Palpy made that shows a string of old Jedi Temples/ places steeped in the force for him to destroy during the Purge. But Max Von Shadow's character helped Luke explore some of these (which is why he has that last piece of the map), and greatly suspects that Luke might be at one of those locations. Which as it turns out he is.

There's a lot of exposition missing from the movie.
>>
>>64319248
Pretty good. No sarcasm.
>>
>>64318232
sup reddit
>>
File: no troopers.gif (2 MB, 418x174) Image search: [Google]
no troopers.gif
2 MB, 418x174
>>64319248
>One of the overarching themes is that of uncertainty
the main theme to me was family but yours is good too
>>
>>64319701
Alright, one of the sticking points for people with this movie is the droid with plans, right? In ANH the droid was carrying a message to Ben and the plans to destroy the Death Star. Luke was immediately enchanted by the prospect of adventure and fighting the Empire and hopped right on, and Vader was chasing it to stop the plans from getting to the rebellion, to protect the Empire's military assets.
In TFA Kylo is chasing the droid because he wants the map to find Luke, and settle things between them. Rey is helping it because she got personally attached and she wants it to get back home safe to his "family".
It's more personally involved in this movie. More uncertain.
The final battle was also a good reflection of that, the heroes weren't shooting each other in spaceships, they were on the ground, hoping that their side would win and hoping not to get blown up while settling their personal disputes, and trying to achieve their personal goals in this mayhem.
>>
>>64316029
Lucas is a petulant manchild who refuses to take any criticism whatsoever. Disney paying him $4 billion to fuck off forever was the best thing to happen to Star Wars.
>>
>>64319313
I hate to be one of those anons but It really enhances ROTS.

When they deny him the rank of master you can see how pissed he really is because of all the shit he did in TCWs.
>>
>>64319295
>4 billion
>every cent was sent to charity

Do people forget this?
>>
>>64320122
heh! war not make one great
>>
>>64316153
>I think we can all agree that if Lucas was involved, the movie would have been a complete pile of shit.
Speak for yourself, asshole
>>
>>64319291
>>64319313
>>64319409
You're in for a terrible time the clone wars shows is absolute fucking dog shit. I wouldn't wish that piece of shit monstrosity on my worst enemy. The only type of person who I could realistically picture enjoying this vile filth is a mentally retarded 6 year old.
>>
>>64320271
>being this anally devastated
The show is really fucking good, bet you only watched not even 1st season.
>>
>>64320263
but anon - Lucas WAS involved! they stole his whole plot! from desert home to trench run
>>
>>64319112
What?
the dialog is terrible. It does a horrible job at painting emotions or feelings. Its so horrible the characters have to outright tell thenaudience what they feel. Horrible examples are finn telling us why he left the order and the solo dialog. Dad I AM LIKE LITERALY TORN APART! thats lazy and bad.
and i haven't even started with the trainwreck misses empowerement is.
>>
>>64319942
I thought the theme was to be quite honest.
>>
>>64320301
Of course I didn't finish the first season, it's AWFUL. I would have to be an absolute masochist to continue watching after seeing the first few episodes. The bumbling of the droids is at an all time high, more ridiculous than I ever even thought possible. "Snips" is annoying as fuck, arttoie, skydaddy, etc. It's a mockery of star wars, and is a significantly shittier than the prequel trilogy. They say it picks up but how the fuck can I last that long? It's honestly the worst show I've tried to watch in years.
>>
>>64320263
What ah yousa sayin'? Prequels not poodoo? Youssa be cwazy!
>>
>>64318144
>good characters
Pffffthahaha
Should have left that out for boh.
>>
>>64319103
he's basically the Hideo Kojima of movies
>>
File: 2far.jpg (65 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
2far.jpg
65 KB, 668x528
i think lucas has gone too far in a few places

he's just pissed off because it's easy to make a decent (not even good, just decent) star wars movie and yet he couldn't do it three times in a row
>>
>>64320301
A passage from one of the episodes
Obi-wan: "Spinning is not flying Anakin"
Anakin: " It is a good trick though!"
>>
>>64320011

Obi-Wan: You must learn the ways of the Force, if you're to come with me to Alderaan.
Luke: I can't go to Alderaan!
(sees his entire family murdered)
Luke: Let's go. There's nothing for me here.

how is that not more personal than Rey?
Rey: I've got to go back and wait for my family.
Han: You want a job, kid?

How about Kylo's inexplicable hubris the whole movie? Doesn't kill FN-2187 for subordination at the outset, feels major guilt for jeapordizing the mission upon learning that it is Finn who escaped in the TIE. Then decides R2 is not worth pursuing because Rey is all they need. The worse subtext of the attack on Maz Kanata's is that this unchecked military power is bested by ten x-wings because they're simply the rootinest tootinest pilots in the galaxy.

Stormtrooper: we need more troops. We're somehow fucking losing.
Kylo: pull the division back. I'm so certain of my mind control powers over this obvious force sensitive that she will reveal the map to me and the droid now has no strategic importance. Because, let's face it--Luke is a dumb objective and plot where we never really had skin in the game anyway, so let's move things along right to intimate confrontation and swordfights, huh?
>>
File: SLAM POTTERY.jpg (83 KB, 1085x574) Image search: [Google]
SLAM POTTERY.jpg
83 KB, 1085x574
>>64316029
>>
>>64318144
>the prequels were good at world building, expanding the universe, originality.
Space C-SPAN isn't good world building.
>>
>>64320519
Ep. III was better than Ep. VII by a fucking mile. How does that disney shit semen platter taste?
>>
>>64320321

I am being torn apart = you're breaking my heart.

TFA= PREQUELS
illuminati confirmed
>>
>>64320415
Then you are fucking retarded if you judge a 6 season show based on some shitty episodes in the first season. Your loss
>>
>>64320568
>filename
pretty underrated tbqhwyf
>>
File: 1434049659704.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1434049659704.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>64318030
>He hates the deathsticks dealer scene
>>
>>64320321
Just because he said it doesn't mean that sentiment wasn't being felt beforehand. And that line was better executed then any dramatic line from the prequel.
>>
>>64320519
How many years did he have to write episode one? How many years did he have to talk with writers, shakes ideas and plots around? He started like one year in pre-prod, pulled it out of his ass.
>I wanted to show where it came from.
Nobody wanted to know how to introduce a bill in the space legislature. We wanted the adventure of Obi and Anakin and we didn't even get that.
>>
>>64320598
You need to rewatch it. VII is a tolerable piece of nothing. It's a barely competent adventure flick. III tries and fails to be something more.
>>
>>64320598
>Revenge of the Sith was good.
"I have the high ground!"
So many levels...
>>
>>64320735
I've rewatched the shit out of the movies. III was entertaining. VII was boring. It's that simple.
>>
>>64320550

>The droid with the map to Luke Skywalker is here.
>TIE Fighters proceed to do strafing runs on the building, causing it to collapse.

Recover the droid and the map, blow everything up -- same thing, amirite?
>>
>>64316029
Lucas is just mad that Disney already made all the money back they paid him for the SW rights.
>>
>>64320758
That's your opinion, and that's fine, but it's objectively wrong.
>>
>>64320688
The sentiment was said from solo and leia. Jarjar was to preoccupied telling us that kylo is a spergtard. He could have told us what he feels towards his father, why he left luke, gave us a look into his emotions, because otherwise he does a horrible job at hiding them. But at this exact moment he says this outright horrible line. Thats inexcusable dialogwriting. Thats anakin episode 2 tier.
>>
>>64320550
inexplicable hubris????? in a sith? wow!! very inexplicable indeed
try harder, anon!
>>
>>64316029
PRIDE, FEEDS THEIR BLACKENED HEARTS
>>
>>64320550
>how is that not more personal than Rey?
He jumps on the chance to involve himself with a cause bigger than himself. It's more heroic and idealistic, whereas Rey's depiction is a lot more hesistant. Just watch how they act after being introduced to the same lightsaber. Since she never ties herself to an ideal, the focus is more on her own personal frailties and strengths. It's a much less heroic depiction, and much closer to the ground.
>How about Kylo's inexplicable hubris the whole movie?
I wouldn't call it inexplicable, he's obviously an emotional, half-trained young man who tries very hard to put on airs of an experienced force user and in the process makes basic mistakes he covers with tantrums.
>>
>>64319379
JUT TURN UR BRAIN OFF BRO L0L
>>
>>64320636
>>
>>64320702
yeah, lucas left the adventures of anakin and obiwan to a fucking cartoon - jesus fucking christ
>>
>>64320788
You formed your opinion by watching RLM and thinking it's cool to hate the prequels. That's factually a god awful way to form and hold an opinion.

I don't take Star Wars, a children's sci-fi movie, seriously. It's karate shit in space. There was bad writing in the original, prequels and sequels. "I have the high ground" doesn't trigger me like "You got a cute boyfriend" or, "“IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN, I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.”

It's all silly shit.
>>
>>64319637
>death star 3
>b-but the eu is poopie

OT fanboys confirmed for mentally deficient manchildren
>>
the compact scene in the original is better then that crappy cgi Guardians of the galaxy-esque tentacle monster.

Thats saying something really.

The whole movie was guardians of the galaxy+starring your emo and retarded teens of the current generation + lightsabres.
>>
>>64320788
go on, do please provide objective data to strengthen your claim
>>
>>64316029
>Is Lucas the hero /tv/ deserves?
Yeah, gotta love how he defaced the original trilogy with his special editions. /pol/ is so desperate for ammo, they'd support Jesse Jackson if it helped their agenda.
>>
>>64320814

>thinks hubris means stupidity
read a book. overconfidence to the point of not anticipating failure is different than foregoing the goal altogether because everything will just work out for you. maybe kylo's book on astrology told him his prickly scorpio nature would be sufficient
>>
>>64320885
>You formed your opinion by watching RLM and thinking it's cool to hate the prequels.

No, sir, I did not. You're entitled to your wrong opinions but don't attribute false motives to me in defense of them.
>>
So TFA is helping people see the charm and positive points they overlooked in the prequels?
>>
>>64316123
>save us george
From what, good movies? He's the reason why the industry is full of remakes, prequels and reboots.
>>
>>64320827
go on
>>
>>64316450
It's the black/female protagonists, stormblr made up its mind about the movie almost a year before it came out. It's your fault, though, you allowed them in here.
>>
>>64320966
No. "charm" is just a shitty meme.
>>
>>64320885
yet here you are talking shit about it - good job anon!
>>
File: star wars.jpg (168 KB, 1529x354) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
168 KB, 1529x354
>>64320943
Your views are demonstrably out of sync with reality.
>>
>>64320966
tfa is a good movie but its good in the worst possible ways so the prequels have retroactively been pushed into so bad its good territory
>>
>>64316595
>depicted an expansive and imaginative universe from the mind of a visionary
He didn't design a single creature in any of the Star Wars movies. You prequel apologist pieces of shit will cling to whoever will listen to your brain damage.
>>
He's right, Disney is enslaving white people and cucked them. It's amazing, all the white people who salivate over this recycled garbage
>>
>>64320801
>emotionally torn angsty teen is going to be that forthcoming to the point of spilling out a slew of dialogue to explain his numerous past actions to the father he resents in a moment of extreme duress while there is a whole battle to deal with

The line was simple and obvious but its more natural than what you seem to be expecting for some reason. Have you ever felt emotions before? For a character like Kylo, admitting that vulnerability outloud (even when they both can feel it beforehand) is more significant in this circumstance. Especially when the rest of that exchange leads to Kylo killing Han with the idea that once Han is gone from his life Kylo can find some resolution to his personal emotional strife. That line is building off the lines from before and leads into that final act. Way better than "ANNY YOU'RE TEARING ME APPAAARRT".
>>
>>64316797
These underage mongoloids are defending the gungans now. You let these people in here, /pol/. Never forget.
>>
>>64320702
>>64320519
>why didn't he make the prequels specifically for MEEEEE

now i understand why star wars fans have always been reviled
>>
>>64318835
m8, you're talking about 99% of everything humans do. even the original was a fucking copy.
>>
>>64316929
>why doesn't he just start a new franchise?
Because Star Wars was a happy accident. He lacks the talent and now the connections to do anything of the sort.
>>
>>64320856
>manchild never listens to C-SPAN
>is super invested in the senate of the new republic
>>
>>64320984
Have you noticed what were Rey's goals during this movie?
Return BB-8 to his real home, and survive. That's absolutely it. She never signed up to fight evil, she never even found out about the Star Killer as far as we know. Finn is similar, his goals are to keep Rey safe, and to survive, helping the resistance was completely ancillary to that. They're not heroes, though they are brave, in exactly the same way that Kylo Ren isn't a villain. They're humans, trying to make their way in a world where two forces are colliding.
>>
>>64319117
>we want something new!
>but let's keep the old!
>>
>>64317036
>after seeing 4chan take a whole new perspective on the prequels?
You mean you and your 3 friends shitposting every day and getting laughed out of the board?
>>
>>64321112
If I wanted galactic politics, I'd ask for a Dune.
>>
>>64321142
Also, he has tried and failed.

He tried to do a Pixar style movie which disappeared.
>>
>>64316450
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64320885
>nobody hated the prequels before RLM
Sure... sure.
>>
>>64320827

your assessment is reasonable, but it misses the fact that Rey has no personal development to be done. She is cocksure and certain of her strengths from the first time we see her. Luke, by contrast, has always craved something more and felt stymied by his obligations to the farm. Luke also wants to follow his friends who have left- a personal stake. Rey's supposedly unwavering belief that her family would return for her is waylaid faster than Anakin was seduced to the dark side. Her lack of allegiance to the cause is the most confusing quality of her story. She's just a reluctant superhero.
>>
>>64321023
I disagree, there was a genuine, albeit failed effort by Lucas to make a Star Wars film for that generation of children. He threw so much effort into designing new worlds, alien races, lore, spaceships, and more for the fanbase to explore and enjoy. The prequels were beautiful failures that just fell apart in the dialogue.
TFA feels like a cheap copy, the writing in it isn't much better than the prequel's was, but at least the prequels were genuine attempts at originality. TFA is just a "play it safe copy paste" to cash in on nostalgia.
>>64320979
It is very ironic that you would blame Lucas for starting remakes while praising an almost remake.
>>
>>64320954
no no, anon! I KNOW that hubris means pride - stupid pride, but pride. And I KNOW that all sith have a certain flaw know as - pride! I am surprised that you are surprised that a sith apprentice would demonstrate pride. Sith are all about ragey pride. Why u so suprised?
>>
>>64320966
>is a tripfag
>defends prequels
Jesus.
>>
File: dex_s_diner03.jpg (39 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
dex_s_diner03.jpg
39 KB, 600x255
>>64318030
>that 50's diner cafe

You mean the best part of Episode II?
>>
>>64320885
You are a idiot
>>
>>64321056
79% is ridiculous though. I wouldn't even give it 60.
>>
>>64321185
and nobody gives a fuck what "you" want

wait, i guess disney does. have fun with your calculated rehashes and "fun"
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 306x164) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 306x164
>>64316029
>Is Lucas the hero /tv/ deserves

No
>>
>>64321100

Anakin, you're breaking my heart
I hate them! (Sandpeople)
everything child Anakin says

>want more from your dialogue
>>
>>64321252
>a idiot

You are a underage.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>64321126
After watching the prequels I'm not sure anymore that Lucas was copying from Eastern mythology or his favorite childhood shows. I think he actually sees the world this way.
>>
>>64321236
Dexter is the key to all of this
>>
>>64320885
>You formed your opinion by watching RLM and thinking it's cool to hate the prequels.
As wrong as this dumb shit is, it would be valid if that were the case, mostly because those opinions come from proper film analysis. Your counter-arguments amount to logical fallacies, namecalling and not much else. It matters not where these opinions come from, as long as they're well substantiated.
If you could muster some kind of analysis of the prequels proving they have any redeeming values, you wouldn't constantly get laughed out of these threads.
Stop trying to get a rise out of people, you're utterly terrible at it.
>>
>>64321265
That's the best part! *I will!*
>>
>>64321265
>People hate having fun.
>>
>>64317414
>7,000 Jedi Knights

Literally the opening of the first movie and Lucas again proves he doesn't understand Star Wars

Nobody wants Jedi to be a fucking school, being a Jedi is mysterious and magical
>>
>>64321056
oh! I see you let other people do your thinking for you! do you have any of your own thoughts??
You were asked for 'objective' data, anon - can you read? The opinions of others, no matter how many others they may be, are not objective, asshat.
>>
>>64321236
By best you mean worst? Are you this desperate for hipster points, shitdick?
>>
>>64321314
>I enjoy eating shit, can't you just have fun?

and now TFA apologists resort to the defense that they so loathed prequels apologists for.

it's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>64321220

This is getting ridiculous. Do you think he honestly wanted to tell the story of darth Vader? He wrote Vadar as muscle in a ANH, and now its this epic space opera?
>>
>>64321330
Sure, they're not valid thoughts and opinions unless they agree with yours. Is this how you deal with differing opinions in real life? I feel sorry for your parents.
>>
>>64321112
yet here you are, star wars fan!
>>
>>64321297
>adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things
>war does not make one great
Yoda now has a lightsaber and murders entire squads of clones. Thanks for ruining Yoda, George.
>>
>>64320966
It's showing a lot of people what the prequels were trying to do but failed, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>64321218
>Rey's supposedly unwavering belief that her family would return for her is waylaid faster than Anakin was seduced to the dark side.
I don't think she really believed that, she was stuck in a position where her only options were the shithole she knew, and the unknown. And she chose the shithole, because that's how a lot of people are, prefering to hold what little they actually have than take a chance on something new. She learned during the movie to let go of what she knows and embrace the mystery.
>>
>>64321356
>>I enjoy eating shit
Said the prequel fantard, trying to be ironic, not realizing the crushing irony of his statement.
>>
>>64321323
>fun is in any reality a cogent argument

did this thread get linked from reddit, holy shit
>>
If you called TFA a parody movie I would believe you.
It seriously feels like Space Balls.
>>
>>64321100
He is no teen but way older then rey.
and no i am torn apart is no line you say jn a dialog. Yes prequel writing was horrible, but vii tries it best copying exactly that.
but maybe the dialog writers had no othef option, because the movie was wrongfully paced and let no room for development. Does not make those lines acceptable.
>>
>>64317414
>With their mission now complete, the Dark Jedi retreat from Cloud City and fly away from the city using their jet packs which they wear on their backs.

On their backs, you say?
>>
>>64321382
what the fuck are you even trying to say
>>
>>64321366
If he solely wrote Vader as muscle for ANH then he would not have had any problems killing Vader off at the end. Even if he had come up with Vader As Being Luke's father after ANH's release it is obvious he had plans to use Vader in the sequels if ANH was successful. Remember even Fox was skeptical of ANH's success.
>>
>>64321229

because they also have a pecking order, and a deference for their masters' whims. He was sent to do one job and he doesn't do it. How about the line at the beginning - "It's in a BB-8 unit...I leave that to you." I get that he's making Hux his bitch and his success as an inquisitor has him riding pretty high, but that droid contains the information that the First Order is supposedly relentlessly searching for (according to the scroll text). He never seems to be in a hurry to catch and kill Luke. He's way more interested in proving his powers. Since your assertion is predicated on the behaviors of sith, why not just see how Darth Maul, Dooku, or Sidious act? Hubris is not uncommoj. It's the reason Palpatine lets the rebels have the actual location of the shield generator while springing his trap. It's the reason Jedi falls apart - because a Wookie in an AT-ST immediately deflates that tension.

Maul and Dooku are lackeys. They may be overconfident in their swordsmanship, but they're on mission. Kylo Ren's failure is a failure of basic reason. That is why I call it inexplicable hubris. It manifests as stupidity and not arrogance.
>>
>>64321423
You seem to know a lot about balls and how they feel, please elaborate.
>>
>>64321162
Yeah she never does. Why does she deliver the droid again and doesn't sell him?
why again dkes she care enough for solo who ahe met 2 days before to jump into a sabreduell with a sith in the making?
stop defending this ahit.
>>
>>64321411
>y-you LOVE the prequels if you dislike TFA
loving every laff
>>
>>64321356
>>64321411
Pretty much. It takes some gull to literally *like* the prequels and then say someone else enjoys eating shit.

At least TFA doesn't have poorly directed Hayden Christensen. God, that kid had such a sandy vag. :^)
>>
>>64321328

Obi-Wan : Jedi were the peacekeepers in the Old Republic for one thousand generations
>>
>>64321162
lack of ideals
personal motivations

as opposed to the original trilogy and its Good/Evil idealism - your point bears merit, as ep. vii really makes no mention of G or E, but Light and Darkness

Soo, we seem to be moving into grey moral territory....

Apt, i s'pose, for our whiny, angsty, selfish times........

go on, pls
>>
>>64321488
>1488

Well unlike your ovaries balls are on the outside, they're also usually hairy.
>>
>>64321472
You don't kill the main villain if you want to sell action figures. And it's an old serial trope too.
>>
>>64321498
>I like arguing in circles, that's how I get attention
You are suspended.
>>
>>64321166
what's your point? are you unfamiliar with the concept of keeping what works and adding in more cool stuff? what's wrong with you?
>>
>white slavers

So this is a good thing
>>
The force awakens is another bland 6/10 movie that we are used to in today's world. Most MCU films are better than it. Yes there are no crazy aliens or odd moments like there are in the prequels but neither is there anything remotely interesting, novel or interesting. One CG character looked like a wrinkled human prune. Another CG character looked like a human ass with a face and another CG character looked the the utterly bland navigator from Prometheus . Fine you mike liked it, it might make you comfortable and content being able to point out all the in jokes of the film and seeing all the same things repeated in a slightly different way, but for some of us we'd take a shitty alien and some bad writing any day of the week to see something utterly stunning like the Pod race, the lightsaber battle with Maul, the chase through corusant, The fight with Jango (both on land and space) The awe inspiring battle at the start of revenge, the tragic turning of Anakin to the Dark side to save the one he loves etc. etc. etc. So we're are not going to agree . Some people like the comfy blanket of familiarity to feel secure and happy as their world tumbles out of control, others like myself embrace the adventure of originality and novelty. It's this simple. We know the type of people who like TFA, it's the people who never grew up, the people that have every starwars toy figure still in the packing, the people who never embraced the community around them and instead choose to live their lives in a false state of consciousness. So I respect that you may like TFA but I also know that if I ever met you in real life I would feel so very sorry for you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.