[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does he mean by this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: mra.jpg (140 KB, 967x1008) Image search: [Google]
mra.jpg
140 KB, 967x1008
>Kylo Ren impotently thrashing a computer with his big red sword is the perfect portrait of Gamergate, the online hate campaign that continued its crusade against feminist video game reviewers in 2015. If Kylo Ren’s buddies in the First Order have a manifesto, don't be surprised if point one is "actually it's about ethics in galactic domination".
>>
lol, jesus christ, im so glad normal people never heard of gamegate.
>>
>tfw gamergate is a bigger threat to womyn than ISIS or anything else in the country currently

What the fug
>>
File: 1541251.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1541251.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
>>64315155
>written by a male
>>
File: literally ISIS.jpg (149 KB, 1432x798) Image search: [Google]
literally ISIS.jpg
149 KB, 1432x798
>>64315403
GamerGate is one of the biggest terrorist cells around
>>
>>64315155
is this person high
>>
>>64315155
>Gamergate is still ongoing
Well blast me for a boat.

What's it even about?
>>
File: 1451511555089.jpg (24 KB, 224x335) Image search: [Google]
1451511555089.jpg
24 KB, 224x335
>>64315155
I MEAN COME ON IT'S ALMOST THE NEXT YEAR WHY AREN'T MEN ALL LIMP WRISTED FEMINISTS YET
>>
>>64315544
it's basically a catchall term for being anti-sjw I think
>>
>God, why won't you GayborGoobies just LEAVE US ALONE! Why aren't you dying out?!
>Top 10 Reasons Why The White Male Identity Needs To Die Out And How Gamergate Is Trying To Stop Us
>>
File: computer load up celeryman.jpg (34 KB, 850x460) Image search: [Google]
computer load up celeryman.jpg
34 KB, 850x460
>In 2016 we need a healthy honest discussion of male identity
>>
>>64315155
They can project fucking anything on to a movie.
>>
Call me a geek, but the highlight of my Christmas season was seeing Daisy Ridley as Rey in The Force Awakens, grasping Luke’s old lightsaber, with the John Williams epic score swirling behind her, before beating seven shades out of one of cinema's most creepy-yet-terrifying villains.
If Rey and other kick-ass heroines are icons of geek feminism, Kylo Ren seems like a portrait of geek masculinity at its worst. Twitter has declared the black-helmeted Kylo a “Ren’s Rights Activist”, and that's not the only way the nerd knight reminds us of the most atrocious geek male behaviour of 2015.
Kylo Ren impotently thrashing a computer with his big red sword is the perfect portrait of Gamergate, the online hate campaign that continued its crusade against feminist video game reviewers in 2015. If Kylo Ren’s buddies in the First Order have a manifesto, don't be surprised if point one is "actually it's about ethics in galactic domination".
Whether it was the attempt to push women and writers of colour out of the 2015 Hugo awards, OpalGate and other incidents around the open source software movement, or the backlash against female comic book characters, the same pattern repeated across geek culture in 2015 - angry men acting like bigots because they believed something only they should be entitled to was being taken away.
Read more
Star Wars: The Force Awakens suggests we could be on the Dark Side
There's an unfortunate overlap between geek culture and the “manosphere”. Men who still harbour the low self-esteem often associated with geek culture can be easily sucked in by "meninist" rhetoric, absurd ideas of Alpha and Gamma maleness, pick-up training, and a toxic attitude to women that has enthroned feminism as its enemy.
>>
>>64315155
I'm the 653rd share
>>
>>64315659

The Red Pill, a metaphor culled from scifi movie The Matrix, is the central metaphor of the manosphere. Swallowing the pill means waking up to reality, but in a bitter twist of irony, it's not the reality of sexism and bigotry. Instead "red pillers" believe in a shared delusional system in which "Feminazis" and "Social Justice Warriors" have taken over the world.
Profiting from this nonsense are a growing number of Men’s Rights gurus who exploit male self-esteem issues, and inflame festering anger over class and identity, as a way to drum up business for their self-help books, seminars and various other products. Like mini-Donald Trumps, these men will spout any outrageous rubbish simply to polish their brand among the half-wits who listen to them.
It's easy to mistake the marketing campaigns of Men's Rights gurus, and the frothing outrage they provoke, for a real discussion of male identity. The sad truth is that discussion, which badly needs to be had, is a barely detectable signal in the vast noise of the internet and social media. And without strong voices helping shape a new male identity, there’s a void which hucksters and conmen happily fill.

If that's true of our geek culture icons, it's just as true in the wider culture of masculinity. In a world where straight white male is no longer the de facto face of heroism, what new identity do men aspire to? For too long male identity has been twisted to serve values of violence and militarism. Maybe Star Wars offers a little hint here as well, in the strong but loving shape of Po Dameron, who makes caring a part of the male soul.
In 2016 we need a healthy, honest discussion of male identity, one not sidelined and swamped by the fake gurus of “meninism”, so we can actually start to make sense of what it means to be male today.
>>
>>64315559
ITS NEARLY TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEN WHY ARENT YOU BOWING TO THE BBC YET I MEAN COME ON
>>
C U R R E N T Y E A R
U R R E N T Y E A R
R R E N T Y E A R
R E N T Y E A R
E N T Y E A R
N T Y E A R
T Y E A R
Y E A R
E A R
A R
R
>>
Articles like this remind me how pointless this all is. Arguing over corporate-made money machines. Trying to find some meaning in a product like this. These people thinking that there's some deeper meaning or social discussion behind these movies when they're all just run-of-the-mill action garbage.

All pointless.
>>
What is "geek male identity"?
>>
>>64315775
this
>>
lol I fucking love how GG how become the boogeyman to SJWs. A hundred years from now they'll still be crying about GG.
>>
>>64315155
>2016 - a day
>still caring about gamergate
>projecting gamergate onto a blockbuster movie about space wizards and lasers

>>64315775
Also this
>>
>>64315155
I cannot believe this is real. I had to Google it and still couldn't believe it. What the fuck is wrong with our "culture"?
>>
File: 283197280.jpg (5 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
283197280.jpg
5 KB, 250x248
>>64315696
>In 2016 we need a healthy, honest discussion of male identity, one not sidelined and swamped by the fake gurus of “meninism”, so we can actually start to make sense of what it means to be male today.
This is what nu-males actually, honestly believe
>>
>>64315890
This isn't "culture." Culture is remembered for generations and celebrated amongst friends, family, or whole countries. Something to be proud of. Something to stand out and be unique with. This is the equivalent of those rags you find at gas stations where the front cover says some celebrity has AIDS or raped someone or some woman in Alabama saw Jesus Christ in her burnt toast.

It's throwaway shit. It's meaningless.
>>
>"In 2016 we need to have a healthy,honest discussion of male identity"
Why?
What does this even mean?
>>
This threads are clearly started by some editor in that website right?
>>
>>64315155
What the fuck is she even talking about

Like I'm seriously confused
>>
>>64316033

they insult males and and then the males agree with them it's the same as that honest discussion of race they want
>>
File: TRAITOR.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>
>>64315775
Well said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
>>
>>64315696
> For too long male identity has been twisted to serve values of violence and militarism.

>Maybe Star Wars offers a little hint here as well, in the strong but loving shape of Po Dameron, who makes caring a part of the male soul.

But Poe is violent and part of a military...
>>
>>64315155
>feminists still on about gamergate
>still trying to portray /v/ as the villains
>not the feminist journalists proven to have teamed up to smear them
>>
File: oh my.gif (2 MB, 300x304) Image search: [Google]
oh my.gif
2 MB, 300x304
>>64315155

>Rey grasping Luke's old lightsaber
>>
>>64316079
>Bernie Sander's presidential election celebration party
>>
>>64315155
>>64316216

>idiotic SJW hack

>puts spoiler in first paragraph of article without a warning

why am I not surprised
>>
>>64316033
Notice how we don't have to have a healthy, honest discussion about female identity. Because females never say or do anything wrong.
>>
File: I bet the gamergate did this.jpg (503 KB, 1280x1385) Image search: [Google]
I bet the gamergate did this.jpg
503 KB, 1280x1385
>>
>>64316267
thats sexist
>>
>>64315863

>yfw future feminists in the year 2100 pin 9/11 on gamergoyim and nobody is powerful enough to stop them
>>
>>64316033
"honest discussion" means "listen to me unquestioningly or you're literally a rapist nazi"
>>
>>64316033

"let me tell you what it's like to be you"
>>
>>64315696
Is that the entire article? It doesn't really say anything. Both sides would agree men aren't happy - but who do they expect men to turn to? The Red Pillers and pick up artists who claim to offer a solution, or people like the one who wrote this article who offer only blame and shame? Articles like this one seem more to be about how men are bad, rather than an attempt to gain genuine insight into or help these men. It's almost political masturbation - see the irrelevant Trump reference.
>>
>>64315155
he is the supreme gentleman
>>
Early GG, at its strongest, was the only group to really stand up the sjw progressives.
They have been growing in strength for slow long without any real backlash until GG... Surprised by this, they have been panicking like crazy.
To the extent that GG is now considered worse than ISIS.
Ridiculous desu.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afgtd8ZsXzI
>>
>>64315155
>people are STILL butthurt over gg
>one fucking year later
>>
File: 1451364452856.jpg (98 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1451364452856.jpg
98 KB, 1024x904
>>64315775
>Trying to find some meaning in a product like this. These people thinking that there's some deeper meaning or social discussion behind these movies when they're all just run-of-the-mill action garbage.

But anon

Muh jews
Muh cucking
Muh race mixing

>mfw people on /tv/ are already coming up with cuckold conspiracies for Zootopia
>>
I'm just cracking up at this point. Man are these liberal retards desperate to turn anything they can into a dig against the GG boogeyman, even though they claim it died like a year ago.
>>
>>64317331
>dat pathetic reversal
Hey guys I found the author of OP's article!
>>
>using the phrase "this needs to change"

this needs to stop
>>
>>64317331
To be fair, JJ Abrams has literally claimed to have a "diversity" agenda with TFA and hasn't been shy about reiterating that.
>>
>>64316272
this
>>
So is GG impotent or is it a horrifying misogynist hate mob that is worse than ISIS and kills/rapes hundreds of courageous women everyday? Because according to what convenient narrative liberal media needs to push, it seems to change constantly
>>
>>64315588
This.

I feel some pity for the gamers, but the fact is that they weren't brave enough to tell progressive ideologues to stop proselytizing their video games, so they fashioned some retarded slut who'd slept with a reviewer as some kind of endemic problem in gaming journalism when the real problem was that game journalists were just being too political
>>
>>64315696
> For too long male identity has been twisted to serve values of violence and militarism.
>Maybe Star Wars offers a little hint here as well, in the strong but loving shape of Po Dameron, who makes caring a part of the male soul.
But Po is a soldier, are these people fucking braindead
>>
>>64315451
"male", it's some dude who never learned to be a man and needs to bring others down so he can feel better as a beta fag.

Basically /r9k/'s retarded little brothers
>>
>>64317738
That was just the impetus, as the censorship of that scandal and subsequent backlash of retarded "le gamers are dead" articles are what really started GG. GG as a whole was about telling libfag journalists to fuck off....which is why they still write articles like this one.
>>
>It's not about ethics in galactic domination
>Hux rants about the New Republic secretly funding the Resistance off the books
>>
>>64317738
>so they fashioned some retarded slut who'd slept with a reviewer as some kind of endemic problem in gaming journalism when the real problem was that game journalists were just being too political

What? Zoe being relevant for more than a fortnight has nothing to do with "gamers" at all. And everything with "journalists" pushing that narrative as hard as they could to cloud the issue.
>>
>Call me a geek, but the highlight of my Christmas season was seeing Daisy Ridley as Rey in The Force Awakens, grasping Luke’s old lightsaber, with the John Williams epic score swirling behind her, before beating seven shades out of one of cinema's most creepy-yet-terrifying villains.

This is so bad. How can such shit sustain internet arguments
>>
>>64315804
What the fuck is "male identity"?
>>
File: 1385838652682.png (9 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
1385838652682.png
9 KB, 215x215
Hand A:

>AHHHHHHHHH HAHAHA FUCKING LAME MALE GAMING NERDS HIDING IN THEIR PARENTS BASEMENT GG LOST YOU ARE FUCKING OVER, YOU'D DIDN'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING AHAHAA LET'S ALL LAUGH AT YOU

Hand B:

HELP HELP HELP GAMERGATE IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN ISIS, MEN ARE GOING TO RAPE AND KILL EVERY WOMEN THEY SEE IF YOU DON'T HELP US STOP THEM BY READING THIS ARTICLE

Ever notice how it's always SJW's talking about GG still?

Ever notice how the narrative they show you changes from one hand to the other when their paetron funds are getting low?
>>
>>64315155
Shitting on one of the best new characters.

I am not even surprised.
>>
>>64315155
>grasping Luke's old lightsaber

ye this articles a piss take bait
>>
>>64317206
A completely accidental troll campaign ended up traumatizing them for life

Why can't we just rise up and shut them down? GG was halfhearted bullshit and they're convinced it's a terrorist cell. Any real, organized anti-feminist movement would cleanse the internet of them overnight if GG is any indication.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.