[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I urge every single one of you prequel lovers to watch Mr. Plinkett's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
388 KB, 1920x1080
I urge every single one of you prequel lovers to watch Mr. Plinkett's review of episode 1-3
>>
If characters were designed to please Plinkett they would be shit
>>
>>64313740
I urge every single one of you star wars lovers to grow up or euthanize yourselfs
>>
they're being ironic and just trying to stop people from enjoying what's popular. It's just how the internet is.
But soon enough retarded memers will convince newfags that it's what's cool and smart to believe and you'll get a whole new wave of hipster contrarian shitheads who think they're patrician for not liking thing and taking a fantasy sci fi series too seriously.
>>
>>64313740
>implying any popular action/Adventure movie could live to these kind of nitpicky analysis
>>
All he did was nitpick things like how one of the puppets looked.

"WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAACE? xD" is not a real criticism.
>>
>>64313853
Mr. Plinkett's creators make it clear that they love the original trilogy because it actually connects with the audience, they also said they loved the force awakens so you're just wrong

they used the star wars reboot as a good example as well
>>
>>64313920
I meant star trek reboot
>>
>>64313740
WHAT IS THIS? IVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE
>>
>>64313920
so if you subjectively like something, it can't be nitpicked?
sounds like neckbearded manchild logic to me.
>>
>>64313740
No.
>>
>>64313998
the prequels are objectively terrible and whilst there is a lot of nitpicking in the reviews a lot of it is very valid criticism, especially the very end of the episode 3 review
>>
>>64313740
There are no prequel lovers OP, only memers and shitposters.
>>
>>64313998
Pretty much this
>hey heres my pleb contrarian taste that is superior to anyone elses because feels
Literally Fuck these people
>>
>>64314050
>objectively
>terrible
>criticism
>the
>3
>.
>>
>>64313740

I remember getting pushed hard last year to watch these reviews from my friends, but I honestly couldn't make it through the first 10 minutes. I get that it was a schtick to act like a drunken slob, but it went on way too long and the points he made were either obvious or purposefully misinterpreting scenes.
>>
File: sm4wa2xhcm6x02jh8ap8.png (547 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
sm4wa2xhcm6x02jh8ap8.png
547 KB, 500x456
I dare every single one of you to watch the Max Landis interview and not cringe even once.
>>
>>64315301
"Plinkett pressure" is an increasing problem in our schools and workplaces. Don't give in to it!
>>
How bout that pizza rolls gag? Was that random or what?
>>
>>64315591
There's nothing funny about an envelope leaking pizza sauce and cheese all over people's legitimate parcels.
>>
>>64313740
I can form opinions on my own I don't need some eceleb manchild faggot telling me how to think
>>
File: bamwoozle.jpg (56 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
bamwoozle.jpg
56 KB, 370x370
>>64313740
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>64313740
>people need to be spoonfed by youtube hacks

JUST
>>
>>64313862
The various sudden emotional jumps from happy to sad is a valid criticism. The characters being either boring or needless is a valid criticism.
>>
His opinion completely undermined itself when he said TFA was good.

He just wants more of the exact same as the first three movies, regurgitated in perpetuity.
>>
>>64313740
>implying the opinion of someone that "loved" TFA carries any authority on what makes a movie good
>>
>>64313862
No that's just good comedy
>>
the phantom menace review is overrated, the real meat of his analysis is in his attack of the clones and revenge of the sith reviews
>>
>>64313740
Fuck off Plinkett
>>
File: 1451071496073.jpg (90 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
1451071496073.jpg
90 KB, 464x470
>>64313740
OP is right. There's even a reddit link and everything so you can discuss the outrageously hilarious character that is Mr. Plinkett and his oh so sarcastic, but down-to-earth complaints about the movies. It's an experience that everyone should have at least once in their lives.
>>
>>64315741
>comedy
Maybe a little less comedy and a little more respect for one of the greatest popular artists of the 20th century?
>>
>>64314050
>objectively
the term is subjectively
>>
>>64315524
He was fucking terrible on BotW.
>>
I feel so embarrassed by the fact that I once used to watch RLM. It's even worse than my atheism phase at 14. Fuck you, Mike.
>>
No since TFA came out and Mike liked it it means that these reviews are irrelevent and wrong. Now /tv/ contrarions have to be against the grain and say the prequels are good now.
>>
>>64315695
>valid criticism
lol no it isn't
>>
>>64313740
I can't watch RLM. Everything they do and say has to be slathered with five layers of irony. It's funny at first but it quickly gets annoying. After a while you wish they'd just get to the point and stop laughing at each other's antics every five seconds.

I suppose it's entertaining if you're that kind of passive person, but their ultra-ironic shtick gets old fast.
>>
>>64316134
There's nothing wrong with liking the prequels. Just accept you like an objectively bad movie. That's fine. But if you think the prequels are better than the OT you are fucked up
>>
>>64316198
>objectively bad movie
I have never ONCE seen this successfully argued
>>
>>64313740
I urge every single one of you Plinkett lovers to watch the prequels. Or just some movies. Or read some books. Just something in addition to Plinkett's reviews because it honestly seems like it is the only thing you watched in the entire life.
>>
I already come to 4chan to see memes.
>>
>>64316265

>implying

Not even that guy, but are you seriously saying you can't argue something objectively?

Obviously you need to have common grounds at first in order to successfully argue one point or another, but most people do.
>>
>>64313740
>implying all the redditors on this board haven't already seen that crap
>>
>>64316158
They're not being ironic when they're just discussing movies.
>>
>>64316395
ironic is their default state. they can't go five minutes without having that self-satisfied look on their faces and giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls. they don't even tell jokes, they're just locked into some kind of hivemind mentality of irony and smugness
>>
>>64316930
>hivemind mentality of irony and smugness
this is common with gen-xers, a part of their very essence
>>
>>64317003
i don't fault people for not liking the prequels. they're not exactly academy award winners. what i find annoying about the prequel hate is the pretentiousness and arrogance that is immediately infused into the discussion whenever the prequels are brought up. it's the very essence of a hipster.. yes, in a technical sense it could be argued that the prequels are bad movies, disasters even. but just because they're a mess doesn't mean you can't still sit back and enjoy them simply for what they are. work still went into them and there was an effort (no matter how minimal) to entertain you and maybe even let you appreciate the star wars franchise as a whole. i think a lot of people just completely disregard the prequels (some even hold grudges against them). watching the prequels can be an enjoyable experience overall, but that'll only happen if you swallow your pride and let them do their magic
>>
>>64317676
>it could be argued that the prequels are bad movies, disasters even
I don't see it. Sorry.
>>
File: ani.jpg (76 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ani.jpg
76 KB, 400x400
>>64317839
it's true, they're not exactly good movies
>>
Goddamn I just gave in and started watching RLM after enduring years of you faggots sucking their dicks and now you turn on them for not agreeing with your contrarianism.
>>
>>64317971
The only one we ever actually liked was Jack.
>>
I enjoy his reviews and the films
>>
>>64313740
Anecdotal at best
>>
>>64313740
I can't watch his videos. They're waay too long and I can't stand the way he talks, it sounds like he's stuffing donuts in his face continuously.
>>
>>64313740
I would rather read the 108 pages long answer to the TPM review written by some anonymous nerd on the internet
>>
Where the fuck is this years stream?
>>
>>64318562
Sorry friend, but YOU'RE the anonymous one. The heroic 108 page rebuttal was written by Mr. Jim Raynor, a man who has no need to hide behind anonymity or "comedy" characters.
>>
>>64318660
You know that "Jim Raynor" is a name he took from a StarCraft character?
>>
>>64318744
lol ok whatever. Sorry to inform you but not everything is about video games.
>>
File: 1446602686214.gif (184 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
1446602686214.gif
184 KB, 500x733
I feel like Rich hated TFA but he hold his opinions to not harm the channel.
>>
>>64313740
I liked the murderer thing at first but he ruined it when he made it a narrative, and then fucking Sheev turned up, it was worse than Channel Awesome tier. He should have left it in the background.
>>
>>64318863
Rich doesn't have high opinions on anything.
>>
>>64313740

So did anyone on /tv/ actually pay attention to Plinkett's arguments or did they just masturbate to the edgy ex-wife jokes? Because The Force Awakens does practically everything right Plinkett criticized about the prequels.
>>
>>64319083
>did they just masturbate to the edgy ex-wife jokes
I turned it off because of these "edgy" jokes. A mind sick enough to write and enjoy serial killer "gags" is not someone I'm going to take seriously as a film analyst.
>>
>>64318863
One of them had to express dissatisfaction with the movie otherwise they would seem like complete tools. The way they maneuvered around that was smart. Rich, as a quirky tongue-in-cheek santa clause character, sort of "conveyed" that he didn't like the movie. Jay gave it a few punches (The Farce Awakens), but it was ultimately decided that Mike had to like it so the fans would also like it.

Nothing these guys do is genuine.
>>
Why do you guys call him Rich? Are you friends?
>>
>>64319276
They are master manipulators.
>>
File: 1324674382552.jpg (649 KB, 686x3126) Image search: [Google]
1324674382552.jpg
649 KB, 686x3126
Plinkett BTFO
>>
>>64319305
Not really. You'd have to be a complete idiot to not see through it.

Then again these are RLM fans we're talking about.
>>
>>64319363
Waiting for the guy who goes on a rant about how the prequels were disliked before the reviews. You can always count on captain obvious to arrive right on time.
>>
>>64319363
I always knew that Plinkett couldn't argue his way out of a wet Bantha Buy Bag*.

(*from Jacen and Jaina's Mos Eisley Market Mishap: The Young Jedi Academy #35 (2002))
>>
I urge every single one of you prequel lovers to watch Colo Crawfish's rebuttal to Mr. Plinkett's review of episode 1
>>
>>64313740

Finally back after watching all of the reviews, holy shit OP. You were right, I always thought The Phantom Menace was bad but I never really sat down and picked apart the plot like this guy did. The movie made no fucking sense whatsoever, the writing was utter shit. I'm convinced Lucas is a complete hack at this point, his ideas for the prequels were so utterly moronic.
>>
>>64318863
>>64319276
What makes you think they hate it?

Face it, they're kinda autistic but at their core they're normies. They're not /tv/ level contrarians and never have been, they like it as much as everyone else.
>>
>>64317676
>DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF
Prequels are boring, bro
>>
>implying I don't watch them on a daily basis
>>
>>64319363
>it's fiction so it doesn't have to make sense
Great logic kiddo
>>
>>64320059
>he took his videos down

Oh god no. The last bastion against the nitpickers is gone.
>>
>>64319363

>haha hey look at us two cool normal guys talking about this thing we like despite most people not liking it
>HERE I AM THE UGLY LOUD BRASH COUNTER ARGUMENT GUY. YOU ARE ALL RETARDS LOL HERE'S MY SIMPLIFIED ARGUMENT THE COMIC MAKER DIDNT TAKE TIME TO FLESH OUT AT ALL
>haha actually loud dude, you're overreacting! my opinion is the right one, because i am calm, cool, collected and i browse Reddit
>NO FUCK YOU! I'M SO ANGRY I RESULT TO STRICTLY AD HOMINEM AND DONT REBUKE ANY OF YOUR RETARDED STATEMENTS ANYMORE!
>relax man! i browse Reddit!

Haha so true dude these comics are rad, do you have any other ones???
>>
File: strawman I AM SILLY.jpg (279 KB, 1004x1890) Image search: [Google]
strawman I AM SILLY.jpg
279 KB, 1004x1890
>>64319363
>>
>>64313815
hello reddit!
>>
File: 1449176509857.jpg (58 KB, 499x496) Image search: [Google]
1449176509857.jpg
58 KB, 499x496
>>64316134
dumb anon
>>
>>64313740
THE REDLETTERMEDIA VIDEOS GET A LOT OF THINGS WRONG, OVEREXAGGERATE THINGS, AND COMPLETELY MISREPRESENT THINGS. IT IS CLEAR THAT THESE GUYS WERE HUGE STAR WARS NERDS WHO THOUGHT THERE FILMS WERE PERFECT AND WERE DISAPPOINTED WHEN THE PREQUELS FAILED TO LIVE UP TO THEIR UNREALISTIC AND IMPOSSIBLE TO MEET EXPECTATIONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPx9OA9sz7A

THE HONEST TRUTH IS THAT THE PREQUELS WEREN'T THAT BAD BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE INTERNET CAN ONLY REACT IN DUMB HYPERBOLE WHERE THINGS ARE EITHER "THE BEST THING EVER" OR "THE WORST THING EVER."

ALSO, THE STUFF ABOUT KILLING HOOKERS WAS REALLY DUMB AND NOT AS FUNNY AS THEY THOUGHT IT WAS.
>>
>>64322889
>ALSO, THE STUFF ABOUT KILLING HOOKERS WAS REALLY DUMB AND NOT AS FUNNY AS THEY THOUGHT IT WAS.
I can agree on this at least
>>
>>64313740
Watched them before. Luckily I can think for myself and don't get convinced by something because it's delivered in a comedic way like a disgusting reddit-tier liberal.
>>
notice how no one here has actually disproved any of his points op, prequelbabies are utter retards
>>
>>64321332
The only people loving this film are millennials, wich makes sense because you haven't experienced an event so transcendent like Star Wars or Terminator or Back to the future so you have no choice but to regurgitate the hype.

I watched the originals when I was a kid and it was a waste of time to watch a bad remake of ANH. This is not contrarian everyone who watched the originals in the theater agree.
>>
>>64313862
thats a very tiny thing to focus on in the review and just shows how denial you are in
>>
>>64313740
>taking a "review" of the prequels seriously when the reviewer(s) can't identify the protagonist of phantom menace
It's Qui-Gon Jinn.

Qui-Gon Jinn was the protagonist of the Phantom Menace.
>>
>>64322098
im using this
>>
>>64324588
why is it qui gon?
>>
File: Kodiak.jpg (40 KB, 727x458) Image search: [Google]
Kodiak.jpg
40 KB, 727x458
>>64324175
>>
>>64313740
I love their stuff. I play these videos, his other reviews, and Best of the Worst in the background all the time.

But taking them as the gospel isn't a good idea. While they make some good points, they get a lot of basic stuff wrong about the prequels. A lot of their criticisms are also things that you could easily apply to the original trilogy (for example, the "shot reverse shot" stuff), and a lot of it can really be applied to the new one.

You should just watch them as funny videos, and form your own opinions of the films on your own.
>>
>>64319241
id love to curb stomp you. or just take your head and scrape your face on cement back and forth
>>
>>64313805
>>64313853

This to be honest my relatives by blood.
Star Wars is for kids. Stop treat it like it's real movies.
>>
>>64317676

The problem with the prequels is that people end up arguing how much they enjoy the movie vs. how good it is. When you sit down and start going through the prequels and ask questions about character motivations, plot details, design choices for planets, aliens, ships, and weapons and try to unpack the story from Ep. I to Ep. III the whole thing becomes a really obvious mess. This is compounded if you read about the making of and behind the scenes for these films, what decisions Lucas made, and the drama at Lucasfilm. It feels pretentious because the more you know the worse they get.

So I don't really try to argue them because it's not worth it.

The Plinkett reviews get the reactions that they do because when you haven't spend a minute of your time thinking about these movies those reviews come out of nowhere and seem like pure genius, so idiots parrot them to seem smart.
>>
>>64324622
He's the character who we spend the most time with, the character who is the most active in resolving the problems of the story, the character who solves the most problems, and the character who makes the most decisions.

He dies at the end, but protagonists sometimes die at the end of their stories.
>>
>>64316198
So it's ok that I like the prequels, but acknowledge they're worse than the OT?
>>
>>64324839
I wish obi wan the protagonist.
>>
>>64316378
He's saying the he's never seen someone argue that a movie is objectively bad, not that you can't argue something objectively.

You have misunderstood what he's said.
>>
>>64324922
If wishes were fishes we'd be up to our asses in basses.

Who gives a fuck? It's Star Wars.
>>
>>64324839

He's a protagonist in the same way that Max is the protagonist in Fury Road. He's the audience POV character, he's the first person we see and hear and he's the one we follow around, but the story isn't about him.
>>
>>64324938
>argue that a movie is bad objectively successfully
Missed a word there.
>>
>>64324973
yeah how dare he have opinion
>>
>>64324989
The story of Star Wars ultimately is not about Qui-Gon Jinn. This is correct. At the same time, he is the major driving force, the protagonist, of the Phantom Menace.
>>
>>64325053
Crying about the prequels ruining Star Wars is silly at best.
>>
File: Sheev preparing to thrust.png (756 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
Sheev preparing to thrust.png
756 KB, 1200x816
>>64313740

The purpose of the politics was to flesh-out the Star Wars galaxy and show how the different races worked together in a Republic before it became an Empire - and how that change occurred. It also gave a lot more weight to Sheev Palpatine's character, the Emperor himself, who was the head of the focus of the villains in the original trilogy. I'm glad Lucas included them. The original trilogy was about a relatively small resistance group fighting a well-established and monolithic enemy. However, the Clone Wars was a galaxy-spanning conflict between well-matched forces, and thus needed more context. It also led to the rise of humanocentrism seen in the Empire, since the Outer-Rim regions where mostly Seperatist and governed by aliens, while Coruscant and the Core Worlds were dominated by humans. Human resentment for aliens and distrust in democracy was what lead to the Empire's policies.
>>
I like RLM but why does everyone treat autistic reviewers as gods?

Anthony Fat-ano is a meme spewing sjw with decent reviews but his words, and RLM's words, aren't the law.
>>
>>64315524
I couldn't watch that BotW because of him. I literally closed out of chrome when I saw his stupid fucking face get into frame. I got up, walked away from the computer, took the dog for a walk, did the dishes and then I just read a book all day.

Fuck you Max.
>>
New video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

I wonder if what they're reading was officially released, or is just some fanfic.
>>
>>64325330
>two - three minute joke at best
>twenty-five minutes
No, cuz. We ain't doing this.
>>
>>64313740

I watched Ep I review and it's full of shit.

Supposed plot holes and dumb decissions are nothing compared to TFA's, yet he loves TFA.

>hurr durr why do droids land on the opposite side of the planet from where the capital is
>imblying they were just invading one city and not the whole planet
>hurr durr why do they say to the gungans droids will go after them once they end with the humans
>imblying again they weren't invading the whole planet

Etc.

Then:

>hurr durr it has no protagonist

It has several main characters faggot. It's telling you the story of Obi-Wan as a padawan, Qui Gonn his master, Anakin's childhood, Leia and Luke's mother Padme, etc. Not enough for you? Do you really need one of them to stand apart from the rest in terms of screen time to enjoy the movie?

>hurr durr characters have no depth

Just because you show scenes of Amidala with a serious face on the background it doesn't mean she didn't have scenes where she showed some charm (like those in Tatooine).

And so many other retardations not worth arguing about on that review.

Has valid points: Jar Jar is annoying, the blockade thing doesn't have much sense, etc. but generally it's just a stupid review.
>>
>>64325330
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader%27s_armor
>>
>>64313740
>Plinkett
reddit meme trash

go beg for more money on patreon
>>
File: 1451550135348.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1451550135348.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
>>64315524
I like Max, actually.
>>
File: 1401416892484.jpg (50 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1401416892484.jpg
50 KB, 375x375
What part of the whole debate behind TFA do you not fucking get that no one is "in love" with the prequels or think they're good movies?

TFA is balls deep drenched with the same issues as the prequels get yet only the prequels are met with absolute scorn, why is that Red Letter Mooks? Did your check clear from Disney yet or what?
>>
>>64325429

The blockade was all Sheev's plan to make himself more powerful in the Senate.
>>
File: 1340995368143.gif (2 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1340995368143.gif
2 MB, 353x234
>>64313740
this is like watching a long ass family guy cutaway gag but it lasts for the whole episode.
>>
>>64313740
>still shilling
no thanks faggot
>>
>>64326035

Yeah, I know. From Sheev's pov the thing looks profitable.

Now the question is: what profit does it bring for the trade federation to block Naboo? Or to invade it? Doesn't seem like a planet full of valuable resources.

Or are they just doing it because Sheev tells them to do it? Then he gives them shekels.

Idk. I agree with plinkett about the blockade not being enough explained or just being a dumb idea.

I give him that.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.