[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do other actors and comedians hate Chevy Chase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 615x409
Why do other actors and comedians hate Chevy Chase?
>>
Because he's an asshole by all accounts
>>
>>64308302
What did he do? Is an example of this recorded?
>>
He's a blue blood old money asshole according to literally everyone that has interacted with him.
>>
Because he is a racist sexist bigoted old asshole.
>>
I think it's probably because he's a completely intolerable cunt to everyone and everything.
>>
>>64308302
This. An unrepentant asshole to the core. No one he's ever worked with seems to like him.
>>
>>64308340
more like what didn't he do.

http://gawker.com/5899097/hes-not-chevy-hes-an-asshole-a-history-of-chevy-chases-horrific-behavior

yes yes I know it's gawker, but it's one of the best and most concise articles out there about his assholeness.

also, the recent Gilbert Gottfried podcast episode he did is a must-listen. funny funny stuff.
>>
>>64308340
I don't know nigga I never met him but you always hear people saying he's a nightmare to work with

Him and that Community guy were constantly on the verge of leaping over the table and strangling each other
>>
>>64308489
Yeha, Joel McHale has said in multiple interviews that Chevy made it very clear he didn't enjoy being on Community.
>>
>>64308340
Everyone around him says it. There has to be some validity to it.

Like he made rape jokes towards the female cast of community and shit like that.
>>
>>64308302
>>64308398
In a nutshell Chevy doesn't act. That character he plays on TV the asshole who will say hugely devastating insulting things to your face then just smile and laugh as you attempt to figure out if he's joking? Yeah that's actually him.

>The SNL cast hated him. He would berate them about stupid ideas WEEKS after they had it. He would insult costumes, the way people dressed, etc.
>Johnny Carson hated him because he couldn't ad-lib comedy on his feet.
>SNL cast hated him because after his contract was up he never re-negotiated. He just stopped showing, stopped taking their calls, and just started to do his own thing independent of all them. No goodbyes, no final episode, just DROPPED.
>His first wife left him after 17 months citing threats of violence and abuse.
>When he finally came back for episode of SNL he requested a lot of scenes/acts out of spite. He purposely showboated the whole episode and made it completely about him.
>Him and Bill Murray had a huge fight. Bill Murray didn't like his uppity-holier-then-you attitude.
>He came back to SNL in '85. Made fun of Robert Downey Jr.'s Dad, "Didn't your dad used to make movies? What happened to him? Oh yeah he died.. Ya know he's gotta be burning in hell."
>Then started making gay jokes about the only openly gay cast member.
>Him and Howard Stern got in a big fight on Larry King. They made up, he came to Howard's wedding then got thrown out for making a massively inappropriate wedding toast.

B A S E D A F
B
A
S
E
D
A
F
>>
I wonder if he ever pissed off Steve Martin and. Martin Short while working on Three Amigos?
>>
>>64308744

It is literally impossible to find someone defending his character. Anyone that works with him or says something positive is from the separating art from the artist camp but even that I don't get because he's really funny enough to justify his personality.
>>
>>64308278
>>64308302
Reminder the Chevy QUIT SNL after the first season because he felt he was "above" skit comedies and that staying with his old pals would drag him down.
>>
>>64308278
Holy shit even for Chevy that's pretty JUST
>>
>>64308840
Yep, he bought into his own hype and the cool handsome one in the cast. After Caddyshack, I think he felt like he would be Harold Ramis' go-to guy but that ended up being Bill Murray for good reasons.
>>
>>64308691
>They made up, he came to Howard's wedding then got thrown out for making a massively inappropriate wedding toast.

Good.
>>
>>64308278
this pic is basically what happened to me when I was unemployed for a long period of time
>>
Remember how Chase's career was practically dead by the late 90's? Community salvaged it, but he still poisons the waters with his attitude.

The day he dies, I really wonder if there's gonna be an outpouring of praise by the entertainment community or deafening silence? Or maybe some apologists trying to do damage control?

I grew up on the Lampoon's vacation trilogy, Caddyshack, Spies Likes Us, and Three Amigos. They were fun and I can separate the man from the entertainer, but I can honestly say I wouldn't give a fuck when Chase croaks.
>>
>>64308883
And even that relationship fell apart after Groundhog's Day. I like Murray, but he can be a real cunt I hear.
>>
>>64308479
>Chevy was known as "a viciously effective put-down artist, the sort who could find the one thing somebody was sensitive about — a pimple on the nose, perhaps — and then kid about it, mercilessly." In meetings, he'd smirk at writers' suggestions and say "gee, I don't think that's very good at all.

seems like Hollywood narcissists can't handle the bantz
>>
>>64309162
You can definitely see why Ryan Reynolds got compared to Chevy early in his career. Except Reynolds is a super polite Canadian and not a complete dickhead.
>>
>>64308278
Say what you will about Dan Harmon, but this pretty much solidified Chevy Chase being an asshole to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXRf06GFMIc

Also, his sketches as Gerald Ford on SNL were really uninspired. At least all the other comedians tried to sound or act like the president they were impersonating -- Chevy Chase just fell down a lot and said stupid things without even trying to look like Ford.
>>
>>64309142
True, I think Murray was especially difficult to work with on Harold Ramis movies because he knew he could get away with more.
>>
File: paul_dano.jpg (149 KB, 570x350) Image search: [Google]
paul_dano.jpg
149 KB, 570x350
>>64308479
>was relentlessly hateful to Terry Sweeney, suggesting that SNL's first openly gay cast member star in a sketch where they weighed him every week to see if he had AIDS.
>>
>>64309162

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po9FAQPNXPU

seems like he's the one who couldn't handle people dishing it back out to him

notice how no one of any importance was there, none of his old "friends" gave two shits about him enough to actually show up to the roast
>>
>>64309162
Have you ever had a real job that required maintaining relationships with people? Chase's shit is beyond the pale. He just comes off as another old-money NYC asshole who thinks he's above everyone else.
>>
Highly recommend his recent appearance on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, great episode, he's really lucid and surprisingly funny and chill. Talks a little shit on Bill Murray about their fight.
>>
>>64309162
he looks vaguely like jeb bush in that pic.

there's a difference between being a great insult artist (Rickles, for example) and being a genuine asshole like chevy chase. most of what he says isn't even that witty or funny, just pointlessly mean.
>>
>>64308278
He's a very funny man that doesn't put up with their shit and doesn't give one fuck about their feelings.
>>
>>64309259
I'm surprised he doesn't get flak from
SJWs over this. I'm indifferent toward gays but mocking a guy for his sexual preference and joking about having AIDS in the 80's is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>64309289
Was just going to post about him being from an old generation New York family. It's not surprising that the only characters he was able to play well were assholes.
>>
>>64309279
>all those younger comedians who Chevy barely knew JUST utterly destroying him.

I wonder if he is at all aware of his reputation or how people perceive him. On the Gottfried podcast, he was talking about the physical fight he had with Murray. He explained that Murray was being an asshole to lots of people and he came to their defense and fought Murray.

I wonder if there's any truth to this, or if he's just totally delusional or what.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1VHASqjLw

>JUST: the roast
>>
>>64309497
Bill Murray also has somewhat of a reputation for being difficult but I'm gonna call bullshit on Chevy's version of the story.
>>
>>64308278
>>64309082

I finally watched Fletch a month ago after seeing everything you else he's famous for (Caddyshack, Vacation, Three Amigos, Spies Like Us).

Chevy Chase isn't the type of humor that would work on a show like SNL, so it makes sense why he left. He's way more deadpan. He makes a better straightman than anything else. It's why he worked on Community.

He's utter shite in real life though
>>
>>64309048
How did you afford the food to get fat?
>>
>>64309345
because he's old and irrelevant.

besides, what could they do? write an article about what an asshole he is? by this point everyone's reaction is just ''so what else is new?''
>>
>>64309549
Bill Murray was always known for being a bit of a hardass, but sort of like that one uncle who's always pressing your buttons just because he himself has some pretty high walls up.

Murray hated that Ghostbusters is what he became known for, and struggled to come back for the sequel of the video game. When he tried making the jump to serious roles via Lost in Translation, he was praised and I think the guy honestly thought this was his break into "honest acting." But if you watch the clips of him not winning Best Actor at the Oscars, you literally see him breaking down in the aisles. The man shattered.

Now he's just bitter and you can see it all over his performances. I think dudes like Wes Anderson still give him work and he loves it, but he's miserable. Part of the cult following these days is all from that. He's a sad clown and always will be now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esqwP4wN7gc Watch starting at 1:33 to see Bill Murray's "well, fuck this industry" face
>>
>>64309497
Murray can be an asshole but I think Chase is BS'ing. The truth might be closer to the middle like Bill making a jest or snarky remark that Chase took the wrong way, but Chevy's history of assholery counts against him.

I wonder how /tv/ will react the day he drops dead? Praise or ridicule?
>>
File: image.gif (260 KB, 266x207) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
260 KB, 266x207
>>64309543
>tfw Comedy Central edited out "That hurt."
>>
>>64309654
You definitely summed it up very well. His one and only attempt at directing was The Razor's Edge which was both his directorial debut and a move to more dramatic work. I don't think he ever got over it being a flop. Especially since he only agreed to do Ghostbusters in order to get funding for his passion project.
>>
>>64309682
I'm more interested in the Facebooker response. Will they leap praise on him like they did Robin Williams? (Robin being known as a generqlly nice guy, of course).
>>
>>64309794
Doubtful. All of Chevy's most well loved roles are from the early to mid-80s.
>>
>>64309654
I saw Quick Change a year after it premiered and I loved it despite only being 7 at the time. A real shame that it wasn't appreciated because Murray was gunning for it.
>>
>>64309654
That really is a kick in the balls. Murray totally deserved to win out of that group in my opinion.
>>
>>64309794
Anyone born in the 70's and 80's will say a word about how funny his highlights were, but the younger generation won't give a shit besides Community fans.
>>
>>64309654
I'm not a fan of bill murray but I don't feel that's an accurate appraisal of him. He still absolutely loves what he does, he's just a seasoned veteran at this stage. He's not trying to win awards with gritty human dramas, but he's doing what he wants both in the industry and out. Even in his prime he came of as a fairly apathetic character in most movies.
>>
>>64309543

steven colbert just absolutely fucking his shit up at the end, so glorious
>>
>>64309926
It's probably somewhere in the middle. He's always been known for playing sort of sad-sack characters that use sarcasm and humor as a deflection.
>>
i like chevy.

hes the anti-cuck and was in the best snl line up of all time. his movies are generally fun, but beyond that, he is very charismatic and memorable. as you see, we are still talking about him now.
>>
>>64309991
B-b-but he's a big dumb meaniehead :(
>>
>>64309314
Fucking Republicans. How could anyone get off to the idea of removing Jeb Bush’s clothes and licking his tiny body all over, nibbling his neck and kissing his adorable little nipples? Only a heartless monster would think about his cute girlish mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick TRUMP slick with his saliva, pumping in and out of his mouth until it erupts, the guacamole more than his little throat can swallow. The idea of thick viscous guacamole overflowing, dribbling down his chin over his flat chest, his tiny hands scooping it all up and watching him suck it off his fingertips is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading his smooth slender thighs, TRUMP poised at the entrance to his pure, tight, virginal asshole, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes his lips which are slippery with guacamole, while his small body shudders from having his cherry taken in one quick stroke. I am disgusted at how you'd get even more excited as you lean over him, listening to his quickening breath, his girlish moans and gasps while you hasten your strokes, his sweet pants warm and moist on your face and his flat chest, shiny with a sheen of fresh sweat, rising and falling rapidly to meet yours. It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over his tiny body while you violate him, feeling his nipples hardening against your tongue as you lick his chest and his neck, savoring the scent of his skin and sweat while he trembles from the stimulation and as he reaches his climax, hearing him cry out softly as he has his first orgasm while that TRUMP is buried impossibly deep inside him, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot guacamole spurts forth and floods through his freshly-deflowered asshole for the first time, filling his ass only to spill out of him with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop his flushed body, he sighs breathlessly and his fingers dig into your back as he feels your TRUMP hardening inside him again.
>>
>>64309553
>He's utter shite in real life though
He reportedly has a nice side to him though. Dan Harmon mentioned that he was an old school trooper when it came to his fans, treated them nice and went way and beyond in making their day when they approached him. It's just that he can't seemingly work with other people without pushing their buttons.
>>
these ''supposed'' stories are form actors that couldnt handle the banter. the problem is with them, not chevy.
actors should be quirky and interesting.

we need more chevy#s in the world, not accountants.
>>
>>64309543
Shit, this is absolutely brutal.
>>
>>64309543
Reminder Chevy was in the band that would eventually become Steely Dan
>>
>>64310322
There's a difference between quirky and being a straight up asshole. Chase definitely falls into the latter category.
>>
>>64308278
It's pretty damning how badly he dissappeared in the 90s.

When I was growing up, I thought of him and Murray and Ackroyd et all as THE 80s comedy film masters.
>>
>>64309543
Jesus. Marc Maron looks and sounds like a totally different person and this wasn't even that long ago.
>>
>>64309866
Your opinion is wrong. Sean Penn in Mystic River was incredible.
>>
>>64310947
I'll admit he was good and that I hate Sean Penn as a person. He might be an even bigger asshole than Chevy Chase.
>>
>>64310981
you raise a valid point, Chevy never nearly beat Madonna to death
>>
I-I can still like National Lampoon vacation movies right?
>>
File: billbomb.png (1 MB, 992x752) Image search: [Google]
billbomb.png
1 MB, 992x752
Murray showed up to my friends jazz gig a few weeks ago

Poor guy
>>
>>64308346
Is he Pierce IRL?
>>
>>64309566
Not the guy but something similar happened to me.. It's simple, you're living on a shoestring budget. Nutritious food costs. Shit food is cheap. You end up stocking up on the shit food. Couple that with depression and leading a sedentary lifestyle due to unemployment and, boom, instant fatty.

I also quit smoking and Adderall. I became a fucking elephant, t bh f am. Still digging out of that hole.
>>
File: brando.jpg (39 KB, 375x669) Image search: [Google]
brando.jpg
39 KB, 375x669
>Chevy and Brando never appeared in a movie together

Just imagine all the behind-the-scenes madness we could enjoy reading about today
>>
>>64308691
>arsehole
>based
Yeah...
>>
>>64311491
I hate how Bill Murray has become a meme.
>>
>>64308691
>SNL cast hated him because after his contract was up he never re-negotiated. He just stopped showing, stopped taking their calls, and just started to do his own thing independent of all them. No goodbyes, no final episode, just DROPPED.

What fucking business is it of theirs?
>>
>tfw you thought as a kid that Chevy Chase was legendary and loved because off all the Chevy Chase streets in various towns
>>
>>64309790
I don't agree that he's not trying anymore, but you're right about Razor's Edge being his Rosetta Stone. It's crazy how overlooked it is and the last shot basically sums up his entire career.
>>
>>64311757

Because they were an ensemble. There are two schools of thought there. One is that showing solidarity would strengthen everyone's bargaining ability. The controversial move is to go "every man for himself." His prerogative but it was an asshole move to not even man up and reveal his plans to the cast.
>>
>>64308691
Why is he not our King? Fuck dude he is the living spirit of /pol
>>
>>64312119

Nobody likes /pol/ either though
>>
>>64312186
sup reddit
>>
>>64312246
No, he's right. /pol/ is full of venomous, surly assholes and ment of you are pompous and confrontational on top of that...

Be yourself, of course but Rudy these are pretty universal traits of the insufferable can't be a shock to you.
>>
>>64308278
hes an unfunny asshole
>>
>>64311574
this is literally me right now.

I actually have to go out soon and buy new pants because two of my three pairs of jeans don't fit anymore, and the last pair is almost too small too.
>>
>>64309543
>all that butthurt at the end

top kek talk about not being able to take it
>>
>>64312748
I read an article about the aftermath of that taping. He was crying in his hotel room or something and Paul Shafer called him to check on him. It was the lowest point of his career recorded for everyone to see
>>
>>64311574
Can confirm this. I ate a lot of Little Caesar's pizzas when I was a NEET and was too depressed/apathetic to work out. I only ever looked forward to eating shitty food and getting drunk. I can't comprehend how any of you want the NEET lifestyle unless you come from a rich family.
>>
>>64311574
But you're likely not 6'4'' like Chevy. There is no fucking excuse at that height.
>>
File: 1451519692310.png (349 KB, 308x409) Image search: [Google]
1451519692310.png
349 KB, 308x409
>>64309259
Top kek
>>
Opening line of the Comedy Central Roast of Chevy Chase:

>I can explain what happened to Chevy's career in about three gramms...
>>
>>64313188
No but I'm 6'0 and I have a really long torso. So, for me to look fat is no easy task. I've JUSTed my shit up good.

Chevy Chase is just old and has stopped giving a fuck.
>>
>>64313188
You see it happen with a lot of former pro athletes too though. They got used to being able to eat huge amounts of food until middle age hits them hard.
>>
>>64311491
jesus christ he looks like palpatine
>>
>>64308691
In the fight with Bill Murray, which came to blows, Murray got knocked down in a tumult of multiple cast members trying to break them up. He got to his feet, headed for the door, then issued the most devastating show business insult of all time. Pointing at Chase, he said, "Medium talent." And exited the room.
>>
File: 1430504315479.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1430504315479.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
>>64308278
>Why do other actors and comedians hate Chevy Chase?

TayTay loves Fletch
>>
>>64313660
ahahahaha
>>
File: 1442780942365.png (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1442780942365.png
19 KB, 499x499
>>64313700
you just know
>>
Friendly reminder that Chase was DESTROYED during his roast.

>no established acts showed up
>he spent the entire time trying not to cry
>almost entire "cast" were (at the time) B-listers he didn't know

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2002/12/the_meanest_roast.html

>"The only time Chevy Chase has a funny bone in his body is when I fuck him in the ass"-Richard Belzer

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>64313938
Belzer was awesome. I had no idea he used to do comedy before Law & Order.
>>
>>64313938
>Richard Belzer
Mention Hulk Hogan and he shits his pants
>>
>>64314028
In the Pacino Scarface (Scorsese), Belzer is the stand up act in the Miami nightclub when the gunmen try to assassinate Tony.
>>
>>64314038
Didn't Belzer talked how fake is wrestling to Hogan. Hogan took the offense and show him him how 'fake' wrestling is, choked him until he drops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7n_SHrK408
Cocky little idiot.
>>
>>64314368

He showed him by doing something no wrestlers actually do in wrestling lmao
>>
>>64313660
MEDIOCRE!
>>
>>64314428
To be fair, Hulk was probably so blasted on roids and coke he probably thought he was in Madison Square Garden
>>
File: cusack.png (365 KB, 446x724) Image search: [Google]
cusack.png
365 KB, 446x724
>>64314444
4u
>>
>>64308278
He even looks like an asshole
>>
>>64314368
Belzer is a pussy for suing over that. It made for great content.
>>
>>64314127
>(Scorsese)
You mean De Palma?
>>
>>64311574
>Nutritious food costs. Shit food is cheap.
When will this meme die? Fresh vegetables, herbs, rice, beans, chicken, etc are all cheap as fuck. Most definitely cheaper than McDonald's and frozen meals cost you.
>>
>>64313097
>lowest point of his career recorded for everyone to see
Are there any clips of "The Chevy Chase Show" floating around anywhere?
>>
>>64314843
You can get a frozen meal for 69 cents
>>
>>64311579
Imagine Chevy and Brando in a movie directed by Stanley Kubrick. The behind the scenes madness would be legendary.
>>
>>64314843
Technically correct but when you're in the depressed NEET mindset, you're too lazy and apathetic to actually buy ingredients and assemble them into a meal.
>>
File: ..jpg (14 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
14 KB, 446x299
>>64309259
>>was relentlessly hateful to Terry Sweeney, suggesting that SNL's first openly gay cast member star in a sketch where they weighed him every week to see if he had AIDS.
>>
>>64313700
> taytay will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
>>64314919
Literally what frozen meal costs 69 cents?
>>
>>64308691
>>64309162
Sad

>>64308817
What the fuck were you even trying to say in your post?
>>
What can I say, the guy's hateable and a huge prick.
>>
>begging Dan Harmon to make your character cooler because you can't handle self-depreciating humor
>>
>>64312460
Hi, Reddit.
>>
File: 1450998437132.png (66 KB, 241x255) Image search: [Google]
1450998437132.png
66 KB, 241x255
>>64314444
Checked
>>
>>64309279
He's visibly suffering.
>>
>>64309345
What? Why would they even know who he is? His last role was a crazy old man
>>
File: 1423940669281.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1423940669281.gif
1 MB, 220x200
>it's a "/tv/ finds something to like in spite of the overwhelming opinion" thread
>>
>>64311491
>washed-up has-been shows up at place, desperate for attention

What a fucking loser.
>>
>>64308594
>Like he made rape jokes towards the female cast of community and shit like that.
The horror, those womyn must have felt oppressed.
>>
>>64308479
>In meetings, he'd smirk at writers' suggestions and say "gee, I don't think that's very good at all."

WOW simply brutal, amazing bants form chevy!
What a complete a-hole!

>gawker
>'i heard'

KYS
>>
>>64309279
So that's what the Roger Smith roast was based on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEv34wcDoZk
>>
>>64308278
I don't give a fuck. Christmas Vacation is a timeless classic and I'll always like him for that.
>>
>>64309228
The Ford skits were the only funny thing he did on SNL. You don't get the joke.
>>
>>64315461
The original Vacation is infinitely better than Christmas.
>>
>>64308479
You're supposed to walk away from this article going "gee chevy sure is an asshole" but what I took from it was "damn that dude is hilarious and brutal." My respect for him went up.

As far as the roast goes, it's always those same people at the roast, plus like one or two friends. In Chevy's case, his two friends were the band leader dude and Al Franken. They're desperate to make him seem hated but he's not.
>>
>>64310761
It's playing at a higher pitch so copyright detection doesn't pick it up.
>>
>>64315569
Bullshit it is. Christmas Vacation shits all over the other Vacation films.
>>
>>64315569
Christmas > Vacation > shit > Las Vegas > European
>>
>>64311491
>UNLIMITED POOOWEEEERRR
>>
>>64309279
Based fucking shaffer rekting niggers left n right
>>
>>64309279
brutal
>>
File: BabylonClub.png (699 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
BabylonClub.png
699 KB, 1024x576
>>64314841
Yeah. The brats are all alike. I can never keep them straight. Belzer was the comic though.
>>
>>64313097
Link?
>>
>>64315654
I'd rank Vacation higher due to the R rating and Beverly D'Angelo shower scene.
>>
>>64308340
I think he tried to fight Bill Murray once backstage on SNL.
>>
>>64308278

Because he's really Jim Morrison.
>>
>>64315766
http://www.ew.com/article/2004/08/10/snls-first-breakout-star-laughs-about-his-disappearance

not the exact one but similar
>>
>>64308278
>guy has a career spanning decades
>a few people in hollywood said bad things about him
Okay? And?
>>
>>64314915
http://youtu.be/OdqMEfV-r9A

I think literally everything else has been burned
>>
>>64309279
>13mins in and its time for le jewess to MC
>proceeds to make dildo and vagina jokes
>[forced laughs intensify]

Jesus fuck showbiz niggers are truly the cuckiest clucks of our greatest ally
>>
>>64315938
Which comedian has a career that didn't crash and burn at some point? Adam Sandler? Bill Murray? Will Ferrel?

Comedians don't have a long shelf life.
>>
why are americans so shit at banter
>>
>>64315992
I don't think you know what an MC is but yeah, I hate her "comedy".
>>
>>64314444
WITNESSED
>>
>>64315941
Look at his filmography compared to Bill Murray's and keep in mind that he left SNL to become a big
>>
>>64316288
big movie star*
>>
>>64309279
>22:50
>le female comedienne makes a meme joke about Chevy being a holocaust denier, then reinforces that chevy is a cokehead

Holy fucking shit no wonder he was pissed at that roast. What Jew did he piss off to get smeared like he has?

/pol/ is always right
>>
>>64316288
>bill murray
>filmography
Good early stuff followed by years of crap and nothing. Wes Andersen picks him up and now he's the sad old dude in movies (and a lot of them are shit).

>chevy chase
>filmography
Good early stuff followed by years of crap and nothing. Community picked him up but he's fucked off again now.

I don't think one is better than the other.
>>
>>64315430
>being autistic
>>
>>64316355
She was one of the original SNL cast members, you brainless mouthbreather.
>>
>>64316389
You can make that argument, but Chevy's "good early stuff" amounts to maybe three movies.
>>
>>64314368
"Put me in a headlock you big faker"
(Hulk does it)
"I'm going to sue you now."
>>
>>64316412
And? She literally muh holocausted chevy chase and painted him to be a coke fiend.

This wasnt a roast, it was a character assassination.

The audience of cucks is terrified not to laugh because they wont get a gig if they show any sign of boredom. Just look at that fucking how she loves atrocious hambeasts 'bit' earlier on talking about fucking black men and whiteys liek Chevy are evi

Fucking degenerate industry of clowns

I
>>
>>64316052
Carlin?
>>
>>64316609
>i fucked that right up

Just look at that atrocious fucking hambeast's 'bit' earlier on, talking about how she loves to fuck black men and whiteys like Chevy are evil
>>
>>64316609
I'm not sure you understand the concept of a celebrity roast to begin with. Also, Chevy was quite the cocaine fan back in the 70s.
>>
>>64316114
>says this whilst watching American programming without a TV license
>>
File: 1449165658612.gif (2 MB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1449165658612.gif
2 MB, 500x376
>>64310143
>>
>>64308278
He was an asshole right from the start.
Early on, when SNL was first a hit, the whole cast was invited onto the Mike Douglas Show (NBC talk show popular at the time).
The only one who refused was Chevy Chase.
So the rest of the cast went on it and had to explain his absence.
>>
>>64312246
>Only Reddit dislikes /pol/

You're retarded, /pol/ is shit no wonder you like /tv/ too. And you say shit like "he should be our god"? Cringiet shit I've ever read. There is no "our" you child you're surrounded by fucking strangers that you will never really know and you want some old comedy man to be your god because he said some harsh jokes? Literally worse than Reddit fucking kill yourself you faggot
>>
>Falling for jewish vendettas and hatchet pieces
>>
>>64315992
> I fuck blacks, so many blacks come to my apartment that the neighbors think there's a branch of Social Welfare in here.

would've been better tbqh familia
>>
>>64317270
>>64312246
/tv/ pretneding to be /pol/ and wrecking themselves, how original.

> I sure showed that tough guy bully a thing or two.
>>
>>64316684
I was talking more about movies than stand-up careers for comedians.
>>
>>64316684
Carlin got a little bitter and less funny towards the end of his life.
>>
Holy shit I thought he was a normal guy
>>
>>64314368
>people bitching that he sued over medical damages
he dropped him on the floor like a sack of bricks and he had to get stitches, of course he's going to sue over that
>>
>>64309162
He told Bill Murray that Neil Armstrong landed on his face but had to be physically restrained when Bill replied "go fuck your wife, she could use it."
>>
>>64308883
>After Caddyshack, I think he felt like he would be Harold Ramis' go-to guy but that ended up being Bill Murray for good reasons.

Murray owes his entire film career to being Ramis' alter ego while Harold himself played mostly low-key side characters on those movies.
>>
>>64308585
Joel also said he knew where Chevy was coming from. That his character had turned into the racist for no reason.

Pierce was the first casualty to the flanderisation that ruined that show, but he was not the last. Chase was just the first to speak up about it, and also the only one to speak up about Dan Harmon showing up to work drunk as fuck every single day.

Say what you will about Chevy Chase, he always showed up on time ready to work.
>>
>>64308691
When Chevy was at Haverford, he put a cow on the second floor of a dorm. Cows do not go downstairs in a living state.

He buttered the train tracks so the train couldn't stop.

He launched a giant garbage bag full of water from the third story of a dorm at the dean. Had he not missed, the dean would have been either killed or seriously injured. Haverford told him to either get psychiatric counseling or leave. He chose the latter.
>>
File: brando.png (370 KB, 697x420) Image search: [Google]
brando.png
370 KB, 697x420
>>64311579
>By the 1980s, it was reported that one of Brando’s girlfriends had left him because he wouldn’t keep his promise to lose weight. He always seemed to be dieting, but the pounds weren’t coming off much. Unknown to her, he had some of his buddies throw bags of Burger King Whoppers over the gates of his Mulholland Drive estate.

>Later in the ’80s, Marlon was routinely spotted at a Beverly Hills ice cream parlor buying five gallon containers of ice cream- which he would eat all himself. Reportedly, one of his favorite “snacks” around this time was a full pound of cooked bacon placed in an entire loaf of bread. During these years, the 5′ 10″ Marlon’s weight would balloon up to an incredible 350 pounds at one point.

>Brando also loved to frequent hot dog stands late at night, particularly the L.A. hot dog joint Pink’s at 3 and 4 o’clock in the morning, where he’d wolf down as many as six hot dogs at a time.
>>
>>64309228
>the voicemail was left after Dan Harmon insulted Chevy Chase, his wife, and his daughter, in front of a crown of people

Dan Harmon deserved far more then a voicemail telling him he was merely mediocre you faggot.

Also, LOL at an alcoholic who got fired from multiple jobs for being drunk as fuck on the clock, making fun of CC for having a drink.

You are pathetic anon, and should go back to reddit with the rest of the harmontown retards.
>>
>>64314915
>Are there any clips of "The Chevy Chase Show"

In TV Guide, there were half-page ads for it where he was squinting and grinning with a photoshopped David Letterman gap between his teeth. He was that cocky.
>>
>>64316684
Are you joking? Carlin didn't have a good stand up special the entirety of the 00's and was basically mediocre by the end of the 90's
>>
>>64318555
I am starting to think Brando had an eating disorder...

I mean a real one as well, like that bitch who ate nothing but cheesy potatoes, not a fake one like anorexia.
>>
>>64316609
>This wasnt a roast, it was a character assassination.

That's literally what a celebrity roast is, and it goes triple for comedians.
>>
>>64308278

How the fuck did he get so fucking fat?
>>
>>64314368
>wakes up
>has no idea what is going on
>training takes over, smile, throw to a commercial

Pretty based desu
>>
>>64315986
>the cake moment
That was actually the best thing to happen in the Chevy Chase Show.

I think I still have some VHS tapes of it in my collection. Is it really absent on the internet? I might have to dig through them and post what I can find if that's the case.
>>
>>64318431
>and also the only one to speak up about Dan Harmon showing up to work drunk as fuck every single day.

Dan's cancer walking on two legs and convinced he created a whole new paradigm for sitcoms. What he pulled behind the scenes with Rick & Morty should have had him blackballed.

>Say what you will about Chevy Chase, he always showed up on time ready to work.

He did once his star fell. There are no anecdotes about his professionalism dating back much further than Community.
>>
>>64318699
And he was still head and shoulders better than Louis CK and continually writing new routines every year. Carlin didn't go out like Lenny Bruce.
>>
>>64318555
Jesus wept
>>
>>64318842
>How the fuck did he get so fucking fat?

Remember le funny falling man for the bulk of his year on SNL? The irony of making fun of Gerald Ford as a clumsy fuck is that when you get addicted to painkillers you end up at…

…Betty Ford.

Remember how fat Ted and John Kennedy's faces got? Both of them were on the steroids that don't get you ripped. So's Chevy. Also, he looks like he's forgotten what salads are.
>>
>>64318842
by consuming more calories than he was burning
>>
>>64318943
>what he pulled behind the scenes of R&M should have him blackballed

Expand on this
>>
>>64318943
What did he do with Rick and Morty?
>>
JAYNI

JAYNI

HANG UP THE PHONE JAYNI
>>
>>64318943
>>and also the only one to speak up about Dan Harmon showing up to work drunk as fuck every single day.
I dunno, Harmon seems to wear his alcoholism on his sleeve.
>>
>>64319042
The North American animators who produce the show unionized and Harmon's response was to create a shell corporation that owned the show so he wouldn't be accountable to the union.

No matter what your feelings about unions are, it was a remarkably dishonest thing to do to people you work with directly.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-fuck-the-union-103723.html
>>
>>64308378
So he's like, Ash, if Ash was a comedian and fatter? Oh, so he's a great guy then.
>>
>>64319142
>Actually produce an animated show in america instead of korea like every other show, despite the costs being higher, because you are a patriot
>Ungrateful art faggots unionize and try and gouge me
>first option, fire everyone, move to production overseas
>second option, go full jew, and invalidate the union with legal trickery, and business continues as normal

I would say go fuck yourself. That is nothing like the lack of professionalism showing up drunk as fuck entails.
>>
>>64308691
THIS MAN IS SO BASED, MY GOSH HE'S JUST OOZING WITH AWSESXOMNESS!

you faggots, dykes, liberals, socially castrated goyim and all other liberal progressive scum, could go suck a black man's huge dingus because Chevy's the new king of /tv/ now.
>>
>>64319370

There is a clearly defined line between being based and just being an asshole
>>
>>64318938
It's probably just gets taken down due to copyright. I think it exists as a clip in a Family Guy opening too.
>>
Chevy's cameo in the new Vacation almost made the movie worth it. Almost.

I watched it on the seatback screen on an airplane, that shit isn't worth paying for
>>
>>64318978
Mate, driving yourself into the ground isn't more noble than only presenting material when you know it's good
>>
>>64319417
How awful was it?
>>
>>64313938
>slate.com
>2002

Slate existed in 2002?!
>>
>>64319390
what we need now are more assholes. the liberal left is comprised of butthurt victims who always bitches about stuff. when dealing with an ocean of bitchy butthurts, you're going to need a world size asshole.
>>
>>64309654
Real talk Depp should have won
>>
>>64315806
Bill Murray called him a "medium tallent."
>>
>>64319724
You don't make any goddamn sense.
>>
>>64308691
>then got thrown out for making a massively inappropriate wedding toast.
How Inappropriate of a toast does it have to be to get thrown out of Howard fucking Stern's reception?
>>
>>64319574
It wasn't bad so much as lazy. Most of the jokes you can see coming from a mile away. One big missed opportunity.

I did laugh at the Four Corners scene though.
>>
>>64315037
Your mom in winter
>>
>>64319137
Yah, and people SHOULD have a problem with that.
>>
>>64319390
>There is a clearly defined line between being based and just being an asshole
It's not as clear as you like to think.
>>
>>64320033
Go fuck yourself, you good for nothing busybody.
>>
>>64308840
>he felt he was "above" skit comedies

I don't blame him. SNL is and always has been absolute trash.
>>
>>64308479
Gawker should never, under any circumstance, be used as proof or evidence
>>
>>64320190
>waaaa, let me act like an asshole, insult people in drunk rages, and causes property damage
>I am a tortured artist
>That actor said something bad about me, I am going to say horrible things about him in front of his daughter while blackout drunk
>that actor left me a message on my answering machine insulting me
>Why would he do that? I am so nice all the time OMG

Fuck off, harmons drinking was ruining everything that he touched.
>>
>>64319890
neither does the liberal left, pay attention.
>>
>>64318526
>cows dont go downstairs
It takes a crane to get them out
>>
>>64320476
are you actually trying to act as if Chase isn't an asshole?

all of these stories are sourced from various different sources and even Chevy has confirmed that they are true. it's just the most comprehensive and lucid list out there.
>>
He's an asshole with an elitist sense of entitlement. He made fun of Brie and Gillian Jacobs on set. Which is what ruined his time in the show. He also called Harmon a hack I believe. But he never reached the plain of assholehood like Marlon Brando.
>>
>>64320727
>teased some broads

Truly worse than hilter
>>
>>64308340
Read some books on the early years of SNL
or anything about him in regards to SNL. Hes rude, hit hits people, he's full of himself. I think he's banned from hosting
>>
>>64321054
He didn't teased them. He pretty much insulted them with sexist jokes about rape and being in the kitchen. He was careful with Brie since she is Jewish. Chase is old money WASP and those types hate anything that's not anglo-saxon protestant.
>>
File: 1440782897884.jpg (16 KB, 321x362) Image search: [Google]
1440782897884.jpg
16 KB, 321x362
>>64318555
> he had some of his buddies throw bags of Burger King Whoppers over the gates of his Mulholland Drive estate.

>bags
>>
tl;dr based chevy, king of bantz
>>
File: 1442934544452.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1442934544452.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>64314444
damn
>>
the modern Diogenes
>>
>>64316609
>This wasnt a roast, it was a character assassination.
Stop posting, /pol/tard. You've clearly never watched a celebrity roast before, all of them are character assassination.
>>
>>64309259
Holy shit that's hilarious.
>>
>>64308346
My aunt met him when she was a teenager and confirmed this. Was a huge asshole to her.
>>
>>64320727
Harmon is as much of an asshole as Chase so I don't give a fuck what either one said to the other. They are both cunts.
>>
why are hollykikes so incapable of handling the bantz?
>>
>>64322497
That's true, which is why Harmon was fired. Hollywood is filled with egotistical males who act like women. This is why a lot of actress don't date/marry actors. They always marry some guy outside the industry. Models do the same thing.
>>
>>64309654
He has some issues if he looks back on his successful filmography and still feels like a failure.
>known for Ghostbusters
Ask anyone what his "biggest role" is and a majority won't say Ghostbusters, you'll hear more of What About Bob and Groundhog Day.
>>
>>64308479

I wasted my time reading that whole thing, literally nothing that bad at all. I wanted to read funny stories of him being a complete piece of shit, instead it's a bunch of vague reports of stuff that isn't all that bad.
>>
>>64308479
>Bill Murray told Tom Shales and James Miller when they interviewed him for Live from New York, their oral history of Saturday Night Live. "You can't help yourself. It happens to everybody. You've got like two years to pull it together — or it's permanent.

Bill Murrary is such an awful meme

Why does he always answer things in a way that seem like Reddit upvote bait
>>
If he's such an asshole, why did/do people keep giving him roles?

It's not like he's some Oscar worthy performer who has a reason you'll put up with stuff
>>
File: 1444134130807.png (197 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
1444134130807.png
197 KB, 800x1160
>>64309259
It's funny because chevy is a huge liberal. Typical liberal cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>64318311
based chevy, his insult is clever, murrays is lame
>>
File: 1448837203780.jpg (30 KB, 383x390) Image search: [Google]
1448837203780.jpg
30 KB, 383x390
>>64321960
>Chase is old money WASP and those types hate anything that's not anglo-saxon protestant.

Good. They should.
>>
>>64323665
There is a 99% chance you're not part of this group either. Most Americans are descendant of Irish, Germans, and Mexicans. The three biggest immigrant groups in US history.
>>
>>64323006
does it have a penis
>>
File: accsually.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
accsually.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>64324469
I was (mostly) just memeing but you're right I am a standard model Irish/German American mutt. That doesn't mean that I can't think the WASPS are/were correct about lots of things even if their goals were contrary to the best interests of my ancestors. I can recognize the validity of things even if I disagree with them. Give it a shot some time.
>>
>>64324744
>I trolled you
I know you were memeing. But a lot of people don't know their mutts of Irish/Germans. In 50 years Mexicans will mix into the equation of typical "whites". They're already breeding with white girls in the west coast. I can't wait till the mixed hotties start popping up in a few years.
>>
>>64311042
When she started using that british accent I wanted to beat her to death.
>>
>>64316716
Not the same poster
But that was a completely un-funny, way-too-serious way to accuse someone of holocaust denial
It literally was "muh holocaust"
>>
>>64314583
Are you fucking joking
that's easily a million dollar lawsuit
>>
>>64325394
He goaded Hulk into doing it.
>>
>chase fucked a prime beverly de angelo
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (93 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
93 KB, 500x706
>>64325017
Do you really think a guy posting Hitler maymays doesn't know the history of his ancestors and isn't an embarrassing heritagefag? C'mon. I don't hate Mexicans dude, I actually like them a lot and dated a Latina and would again if I wasn't married. My cousin is marrying a Mexican guy from her Christian college and I don't care about that either. I just think that the WASPS were right that newcomers to this country(esp the Jews) were detrimental to the homogeneity and health of their society. They weren't wrong.

Also
>their mutts
GG faggit.
>>
File: fatfaye.IMG_8296.jpg (149 KB, 671x1000) Image search: [Google]
fatfaye.IMG_8296.jpg
149 KB, 671x1000
What does it say about /tv/ that a thread about Chevy Chase (whom nobody in the film industry has a single good word about) turns into a thread bashing Bill Murray (arguably one of the most beloved figures in comedy)?

/tv/ looks at Chevy Chase, sees itself, and wants to defend a bloated self-fellating asshole, looks at Bill Murray and can't stand to see somebody who is loved.

/tv/: One step away from the animal abuse gore threads of /b/
>>
>>64325911
That woman has JUSTed.
>>
>>64325911
>Bill Murray (arguably one of the most beloved figures in comedy)

Bill Murray is also a reddit-tier meme at this point who has totally jumped the shark and Chevy Chase is a universally reviled figure. So it's fun to argue the merits of the hated underdog over the merits of the guy that normie-bros wear t-shirts of.

>>>/trash/
>>>reddit
>>
>>64325911
more fat faye?

anyone?
>>
>>64325911
HIGH
TEST
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.