[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
This makes no sense. Is it actually good?
>>
>>64308107
I hate the main character, but the rest is ok.
>>
>>64308107
>Star Wars: ep.7 score
>>
>>64308107
don't all tv shows get at least a 90% on RT? (except for TD season 2 lel.)
>>
File: 1451529107358.jpg (59 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1451529107358.jpg
59 KB, 540x960
>>64308107
Look at literally any series on rotten tomatoes, every single one of them is at least 90% approval.
>>
File: 10150294204727374.jpg (36 KB, 437x600) Image search: [Google]
10150294204727374.jpg
36 KB, 437x600
>>64308107
it's good. has a fast pace, no filler. there are the usual trite plot-armor situations but i think it's something endemic to fiction in general and goes with the territory.
>>
>>64308107
>Average rating 7.4/10
Okay i guess.
>>
>>64308107
>This makes no sense.
??????????

>Is it actually good?
Yes
>>
Watching it right now, at episode 3 and thinking of dropping it. Flat characters, lots of talking and little action. Basically a lot of characters I don't give a shit about.
>>
Pretty much any review site tends to give TV a high score, not just RT, because even if it's shit, the characters grow on you, for example Dexter...1,2,3,4,7 were all really fucking good, but 5 6 and 8 were still treated as decent because the characters and familiarity are what drive it.

I'm going to check this out soon, it's on my to watch list. If it's anything like Vikings I'll enjoy it a lot.
>>
File: dads rotten.png (164 KB, 575x345) Image search: [Google]
dads rotten.png
164 KB, 575x345
>>64308188
>>64308192
That's not always true though, but I agree that such a tendency exists.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dads/s01/
>>
File: thignken of formation.jpg (40 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
thignken of formation.jpg
40 KB, 506x316
>>64308107
It's alright, and if it weren't surrounded by superior, similar shows then it would probably be appreciated more. It lacks the weird mystical vibe and likeable characters of Vikings, and feels a little low-budget next to Game of Thrones (which itself is a little creaky). In essence, we don't have much reason to root for the main character since he seems to oscillate between being an absolute fuckwit with no common sense to being some sort of omniscient godlike chess grandmaster who is playing everyone ten moves ahead of where they actually are. It also feels really bottled up in places in terms of sets and plot.

I know it's based on a novel so the scope to change the story is limited, but the whole thing would have been better as an adventure story with Uthred bro-ing it up with Ragnar and Leofric trying to get his gold back or whatever, and sort of periodically intersecting with the historical Alfred storyline, like Pullo and Vorenus' story in Rome did with Caesar's Civil War shenanigans.
>>
Rottwntomatoes gives stupid high scores when it comes to television series.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.