[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The most successful film of all-time, the motion picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: rey vs kylo.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rey vs kylo.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>The most successful film of all-time, the motion picture event of a generation, is a space-faring adventure about a homeless white woman and a traitorous black man beating the shit out of a whiny white man obsessed with his lineage.

How does this make you feel?
>>
Liberated.
>>
Stop being such a whiny little bitch nigga, OP. It's a fucking movie. Go back to eating your tendies and pretending there's more to your life than being a film elitist.
>>
File: sith rey.gif (4 MB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
sith rey.gif
4 MB, 400x229
it'll all make sense when they make Rey a villain in the third movie to show feminism has gone too far
>>
>>64307892
It feels kinda awesome considering everyone is cheering for the whiny kid.
>>
> The most successful film of all-time,

sure man
>>
>First half of the movie on the desert planet is fine; she's a skilled hunter and is waiting for her parents or somebody to save her from these terrible conditions

>Meet Han Solo and Chewbacca, still nothing wrong there

>Feels the need to leave because she still can't handle the fact that her parents are never coming back and can't accept it

As soon as she's captured by the First Order is where things start to fall apart. Are you telling me that she was able to:

-Resist Kylo Ren's Force powers SO WELL that she was able to get into his head? This young woman who didn't even know the Force existed like two hours ago?

-Without knowing anything about Luke's previous adventures figures out how to use that fucking incredibly useful mind control to get a Stormtrooper to leave his weapon and leave the room. The scene was funny, but still.

-Lightsaber battle was pretty terrible as well. Seeing the lightsaber fly into the snow, if Rey hadn't shown any latent Force ability (or very little Force ability), it might have been a bit nerve wracking seeing Kylo try to reach for it. But since Rey has already shown she's a fucking master of the Force, even better than Luke fucking Skywalker, she has no difficulty pulling the lightsaber no problem. It also would have made much more sense thematically if she was able to best Kylo Ren because of her skill as a warrior on the desert planet, and not close her eyes and think "DA FORCE!!" and then wreck him after that.

-Has a long moment of solidarity with General Leia even though they've never met

She might not be a Mary Sue, but as a character a lot of her growth felt super wasted.
>>
>>64308018
in less than 2 months this movie will have outgrossed Gone with the Wind (adjusted for inflation). it hasn't even come out in China and it's shattering every record prediction.
>>
>>64307978
>Rey becomes a Sith
>Kylo becomes a Jedi
LIKE POTTERY
>>
>>64307892

george lucas is irrirtated about it, so im happy
>>
>>64308051
Its still a pile of horseshit
>>
Will they pull out a Revan out of Rei?
>>
>>64307978
is the lightsaber making all this red glowing in the woods?
Seems a bit much...
>>
>>64308018
Kid's movies are the shit. Period.
Kids and adults go see it. And if kids want to go several times, adults have to go too.
>>
File: heyyynoewww.gif (973 KB, 245x275) Image search: [Google]
heyyynoewww.gif
973 KB, 245x275
>mfw all those Kylo Ren/Rey shippers on tumblr

Why set yourself up for dissapointment?
>>
>>64308832
some people want to get cucked
>>
I feel safe because I know /pol/ is out there. Defending our race.
>>
>>64308301
So was Gone in the Wind and Titanic.

>inb4 ad populum argument and appeal to authority
>>
>>64308301
if a white guy was the main character you'd love the movie, racist
>>
>>64307892
All in the search for a white guy, the only one with the power to save the galaxy.
>>
>>64307892
That doesn't sound like the plot of Avatar at all
>>
>>64309245
The most forgotten film of all-time, the 3d event of a generation, is a space-faring adventure about a homeless alien (played by a black woman) and a traitorous white man beating the shit out of a whiny white man obsessed with his species' survival.

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>64307892
>I will read into every movie anything /pol/ feeds me in order to fit in with my online friends
I hated the The Force Awakens but you are one sad, sad person OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 342x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 342x450
>>64308051
What are you smoking?

>The most anticipated film of all time will just clear the Avengers sequels...
It's hardly the event it was predicted to be.
>>
>>64307986

this

Team Kylo
>>
File: kylo knows what he has to do.gif (2 MB, 268x149) Image search: [Google]
kylo knows what he has to do.gif
2 MB, 268x149
>>64309941
>>
>Star Wars movie triggers brainwashed /pol/ virgins

I love it tbf and I haven't even seen it.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 461x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 461x600
TFA at 750M.

Beating the original trilogy will prove tougher. Return of the Jedi sits at $784 million, which is theoretically doable, while The Empire Strikes Back is at just under $819 million, which will be tougher. Suffice to say if The Force Awakens surpasses A New Hope's adjusted total of $1.485 billion, it will have had the kind of box office run movies just don't have any more.

So it's not even competing with Avengers, Jurassic World, or Furious 7 yet, and it may not even beat the OT.
>>
>>64309377
Oh vey!
>>
>>64310124
it's been out 2 weeks
>>
>/pol/ and /tv/ talking shit for months
>predicting film is gonna be a racemixing flop
>harasses actors on social media sites
>film is the biggest box office success

kek enjoy your new years on this board you lonely clueless faggot.
>>
>>64310124
isn't it at a billion
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x606
>>64310248
It looks like it can beat Avengers if it scores 200 Million in China. We'll know a little more when it opens there in nine days.

It's not a Titanic success, or one close to Avatar at the moment though.
>>
>>64310286
it's hilarious

and it's going to happen again

and again

and again
>>
>>64307978
If rey becomes a raging Sith, this will redeem the franchise for me.
>>
>>64310388
Avatar was a huge success because it was in theaters for over 8 months. When will people understand this?
>>
>>64307892
how doz uzz lite saba
>goes full jedi knight
>>
>>64308517
it's an edit, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 800x450
>>64310572
And it was in theatres for eight months... because it was a success.

It could happen with TFA, but because it's more comedic than experiential (Gone With the Wind, Titanic, and Avatar are all huge on atmosphere), I don't know if chains will extend its run in theatres.
>>
>>64310545
Do you honestly believe Disney is going to take it any other direction than having Rey be the Lightside Goddess JJ's always wanked over in his fanfiction?
>>
>>64310987
Of course not. It's 2015 people, girls can't be evil.
>>
>>64311063

female villain in divergent?
>>
>>64311643
she wasn't a protagonist tho. Rey is going to be The "Lightning" of SW.
>>
>>64307892
Rey had a home though, she lives in the big AT-AT walker.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.