[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we all just going to pretend it's okay for a faceless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 139924-george-lucas~01.jpg (207 KB, 950x1295) Image search: [Google]
139924-george-lucas~01.jpg
207 KB, 950x1295
Are we all just going to pretend it's okay for a faceless corporation to hijack this man's vision for their own selfish motives?

Say what you want about George and the prequels, they were his babies and his vision. There wouldn't even be Star Wars without this man.

I just don't understand why anyone has the right to take that from him and to try and make it their own.

We're basically living in a world gone mad right now.
>>
>I just don't understand why anyone has the right to take that from him and to try and make it their own.

because they paid him $4bn for the privilege
>>
>faceless corporation
The faceless corporation where he's the second largest shareholder?
>hijack
Before or after they payed 4 billion dollars for it?
>There wouldn't even be Star Wars without this man.
There wouldn't be Star Wars as we know it without a lot of people, some of whom George Lucas treated worse than Disney treats him.
>>
>>64305659
>they were his babies and his vision

Then why do all Star Wars movies he directed, with the exception of A New Hope, lack all the soul and passion you would expect from such a statement? Don't even need to watch the movies to see what I mean, just compare the behind the scenes footage.
>>
>>64305659
He's old. I'd like new proper episodes done by him, but he's too old and can die before he can finish all 12.
>>
I think he got scammed by Disney.
He probably was under the impression that they would base the sequels on the stuff he wrote but when the deal was finished Disney was "lol nope" and George was like "wtf why".
>>
Does OP understand the concept of ownership, Lucas sold the rights to Star Wars and was very happy to take a bucket of enchanted jew gold for it as well.
>>
>>64306562
How can he be scammed when they paid him 4 billion USD?
>>
File: george lucas at work.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
george lucas at work.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>it's contrarian chic to defend george lucas now just because a new star wars movie came out

lovely, I love this board
>>
>>64305659
>Are we all just going to pretend it's okay for a faceless corporation to hijack this man's vision for their own selfish motives?

Are we all going to ignore that this fat fuck jew sold out to the mouse for a fat paycheck and has literally no right to bitch?
>>
>>64306647
It's so dense
>>
>>64305673
This. If anything, you can blame Lucas the most for whatever happens to the kanjiklub franchise
>>
>>64306644
Because they deceived him into thinking that there was more to the deal.

I believe that because he loved Star Wars, didn't need the money and is now throwing quips at Disney, why would he do that if the deal was transparent?
>>
>>64306750
>didnt need the money
Millenials, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>64306750
Because he's a giant whiny baby who can't accept that he was what was standing in the way of his franchise being a success for the last 15 years?
>>
>>64306793
He donated it all.
>>
>>64305718
Hello reddit
>>
>>64306822
>Star Wars wasn't successful before TFA
Kill yourself
>>
>>64306849
No, he didnt.
And even if he had, you need to go learn about tax writeoffs and nonprofit payrolls. There is no such thing as donating large sums of money
>>
>>64306940
http://www.ifc.com/2012/11/george-lucas-donating-4-05-billion-from-disney-deal-to-charity

Also he always kept donating a few millions here and there so it's obvious he isn't desperate for money.
>>
I believe Lucas wanted to really do 7,8,9 but he thought he was too old to finish them (which in reality he prob could've but didn't want his last years dedicated to it). He prob wrestled with the idea for years, along came Disney with their cash & he caved, thinking they'd do it justice.

After seeing 7 he likely regrets it though, but its too late. For him its prob like watching your ex wife (whom you still love) going off with some all flash douche bag & raising your kids. It would hurt even more if you had the chance to save the relationship but didn't.
>>
>>64306940
>donates 4 billion dollars
>NA-UH HE DIDN'T DONATE SHIT HE'LL MAKE IT BACK THROUGH TAX RETURNS

Suddenly, /v/ looks like a rather intelligant board right now. Kill this board Mootwo/An Hiro/Goot
>>
>>64306896
Star Wars was not a success in terms of making quality movies in the last 20 years until Disney bought the IP.
>>
>/tv/ loves george lucas now

holy shit the fucking contrarian levels. How long till we start saying TPM was a good movie?
>>
>>64307052

except in this case george lucas massively abused the proverbial ex-wife
>>
>>64307103

>How long till we start saying TPM was a good movie?

Eh, I like TFA and rate it the third best after ESB and ANH and for me TPM is the best prequel by far. I don't understand the love ROTS gets on this board. It's fucking abysmal.
>>
>>64307090
So now its "not successful at making quality"? Who judges " quality" anyway, anon?? Lemme guess, a website like RT. You god damn millennials.

Besides, if that's the gauge, TFA right now sits at something like 94% positive on those shit sites. So that means it must be awesome right? Right??
>>
>>64307005
>>64307072
>George Lucas Educational Foundation
Do you understand how much taxes you pay on $4 billion? Over $1.2 billion.
You assclowns. Ask yourselves why every celebrity and their grandmother has a charity upon which their family members sit on the board and are paid exorbitant amounts for contracting. I bet you think Zuckerberg doesnt make money of Facebooo anymor, as well.Sorry to burst your bubble, kids.
>>
>>64307142
>I like TFA and rate it the third best after ESB and ANH
are you literally braindead friend
>>
>>64307103
I think it's more people are realizing he really was the irreplaceable creative force behind SW. Even though he obviously made mistakes along the way, you still felt you were watching a SW movie with all of them, unlike TFA.
>>
>>64306647
What is he doing with the markers?
>>
>>64308198
Destroying a franchise
>>
>>64306861
i dunno mang,

paying actors a share of profits, but using creative accoutants to disappear those profits?
>>
>>64307090
not feature length films, no.

If you'd hired those guys that did the first clone wars cartoon to do something full on... you'd have been blown away compared to TFA.

Also
>last 20 years
Yea bro, the last movie that mattered came out 30 years ago anyway. George had a good thing going with the first lot, but didn't have anyone to reign in his goofy shmuck side for the prequels to really bring their potential
>>
>>64308198

One is what'll be practical effects, the other is what'll be CGI.

You can probably guess which color is CG.
>>
Honestly whatever story he had in mind for 7-9 eps. It likely would have been better than a amateur pasta JJ managed to pull from his arsehole.
>>
The prequel haters have enormous double standards. In a thread just the other day, they were upset that George Lucas was referred to as the creator of Star Wars and said that he doesn't deserve any credit for the original trilogy. Anyone who disagrees doesn't understand how movies work they said. But they do lay all the blame for the prequels on George Lucas, with those it's appropriate to give all the credit or blame to one person.
>>
>>64309012
yes because Lucas had total creative control over the prequels, but he didn't have total creative control over the OT.
>>
File: blackpeopleemoticon.jpg (10 KB, 390x234) Image search: [Google]
blackpeopleemoticon.jpg
10 KB, 390x234
>>64307367
Observe the Redditor floundering outside his element. His blind meme hatred can't help him here, but he'll keep trying to his dying breath.
>>
>>64308513

kek
>>
>>64309012
That's because in the OT Lucas was pretty much forced to accept input from others like Marcia, his producer, etc. In the prequels it was Lucas flying solo. No one would dare tell him he wrote and directed like an autistic child.
>>
>>64306644

Somethings in life are more important than money.

Never mind, YOU won't understand.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.