[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official Authorized Star Wars Movie Power Rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: starwars.jpg (117 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
117 KB, 976x549
**Do Not Copy**
--These Power Rankings Officially Licensed By Lucasfilm LTD™--
◦◦Arguing With These Power Rankings Is Illegal and Punishable By Ban From All Future Star Wars® Films◦◦
∙∙Disagreeing Proves You Are Bad At Watching Movies∙∙

1. Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
2. Episode IV - Star Wars / A New Hope
3. Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
4. Episode VII - The Force Awakens
5. Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
6. Episode II - Attack of the Clones
9001. Episode I - The Phantom Menace
>>
>>64304306
>III is worse than VII meme
>VI's peaks even coming close to making up for its valleys
C+ apply yourself
>>
>3.Episode V
Bait
>>
>>64304306
Who puts VI first?

It's 4 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 3 and you an argue about 7 but fuck sake 6 is not first.
>>
File: 1431824159388.jpg (94 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1431824159388.jpg
94 KB, 640x616
God Tier
>4, 5
Good Enough Tier
>6,7
Getting a little out of hand tier
>3,1
Oh Shit Nigger what are you doing Tier
>2
>>
>>64304471
3 isn't better than 2.
>>
Shut the fuck up OP.

4 > 5 > 7=3 > 6 > 1 > 2
>>
6 was getting too close to Muppet territory
>>
File: 1354907753482.jpg (41 KB, 517x720) Image search: [Google]
1354907753482.jpg
41 KB, 517x720
>>64304495
>>
V > IV > VI >>> VII > III >>>>>>>>>>> II > I
>>
File: 1323488149757[1].jpg (32 KB, 650x452) Image search: [Google]
1323488149757[1].jpg
32 KB, 650x452
>he bothers ranking any of the film made after 1983

haha well i guess nerds need something to argue about lol!
>>
1. ANH
2. ESB
3. ROTS
4. ROTJ
5. AOTC
6. TPM

these are the nonreddit rankings
>>
>>64304537

This is basically correct, except II is worse than I.
>>
5>4>6>7>3>2>1

Anyone who argues otherwise is either retarded or lying to themselves.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 599x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 599x655
>>64304606

>tfa is better than the prequels!
>i enjoyed watching a capeshit movie in space with no real relation to star wars!
>>
>>64304586
>ESB not 1st

R E D D I T

E

D

D

I

T
>>
>>64304606
7 is not even a real star wars film.
>>
>>64304495
Honey, 2 is abysmal. Not even in the 'lol VII is bad' or 'lol Phantom Menace is bad'.

No, Attack of the Clones is irredeemably terrible.
>>
>>64304638

It was, it's not any sort of feat.
>>
>>64304638
Most movies are better than the prequels because they are fucking terrible and this ridiculous contrarian meme that they're good is fucking retarded. Just because you don't like TFA doesn't mean you have to start to enjoy eating shit.
>>
>>64304665
>Attack of the Clones is irredeemably terrible.
how?
>>
>>64304700
For one and a half hours, we watch:
-Obi Wan chase after the plot, where he asks "Who is the bad guy" when the bad guys are standing right in front of him.
-Anakin and Padme having some of the most forced and painful romantic dialogue with the most bland acting.
>>
>>64304665

Actually if you just remove the whole padme anakin thing the movies pretty good. Unfortunately that takes up about 45 minutes but still there are a lot of good parts.
>>
>>64304700
name one single positive outside of Lee, Mcgregor, Mcdiarmid or Hershlag
>>
That list is wrong in almost every way. Here is the true list:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Ewoks: The Battle For Endor
6. The Phantom Menace
7. The Star Wars Holiday Special
8. Revenge of the Sith
9. Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
10. Attack of the Clones
11. The Clone Wars
>>
>>64304665
It is, but 3 is worse, you can see it in everybody's eyes, it's a dead horse, it's not a film, it's a exercise in cruelty, it goes beyond just being bad into new horrifying territory. It's an abusive partner you can't escape from, it is the mind killer. Ep2 is your parents shouting at you. Ep2 is them telling you they're disappointed in you.
>>
>>64304772
3 is bad, but 3's plot actually had momentum. Stuff happened. Was it good? No, but it was at least watchable.

The worst thing a movie can be is boring, and Attack of the Clones is that in spades. Or at least for the first 60% of the movie.
>>
>>64304735
>not enjoying the introduction of jango fett, boba fett, and the history behind the stormtroopers
>not enjoying obi wan kenobi be jedi detective across the galaxy
>not enjoying based fight between bounty hunter and jedi
>not enjoying asteroid chase scene with god tier sound design

ok so the romance between anakin and padme can be cringeworthy at times, which is subjective, because at least natalie portman is fine as fuck and great to look at unlike...
>>
File: lords-of-the-sith-cover.jpg (834 KB, 1713x2160) Image search: [Google]
lords-of-the-sith-cover.jpg
834 KB, 1713x2160
You're all retarded. Holy shit.

V>IV>VI=VII=III>I>II

How you rank RotS, RotJ and TFA is irrelevant so long as they are in between ESB/ANH and TPM/AotC.

Get your shit together and stop having shit taste.
>>
Unlike most of you 12 year olds, I actually grew up with Star Wars. I saw the original trilogy in theaters in the 70s and 80s, the remakes in the 90s and the prequels. The actual list is as follows:

1. Empire
2. A new hope
3. Force Awakens
4. Jedi
5. Sith
6. Phantom Menace
7. Clones

All shitposting and epic memes aside, this is the correct list.
>>
>>64304873
Whether you grew up with the originals or not is irrelevant, because the only place your list is wrong is in the prequels.

Phantom Menace is objectively the best of the prequels.
>>
>>64304873
100% correct list here
>>
1. A New Hope
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Farce Awakens
>>
>people still pretend phantom menace isnt the least terrible prequel
>>
>>64304900
The only good thing about Phantom Menace(apart from the music) was the pod racing, and even that dragged on for too long.

Revenge of the Sith had a tiny bit of emotion, at least.
>>
>>64304865

thats literally reddit: the rankings
>>
>>64304865
>ESB and ANH is a ratio. TPM and AotC is also a ratio

wtf man
>>
>>64304958
None of the prequels had emotion, but at least Phantom Menace had effort and craftsmanship put into it. It felt like an actual film. Not a great film, but a film.

Revenge and Attack didn't feel like actual films. They felt like pointless, effortless, manufactured products.
>>
>>64304980
ESB and ANH are interchangeable depending on whatever dumbass you ask. AotC is the most boring and useless of the entire 7 movie series so far, and should always be placed dead last. TPM has slivers of decent material in them. The other three are decent but have their flaws.

There's such a divide on this topic that nobody is going to agree on a universal list but mine isn't made out of memes at least.
>>
>>64304817
you could sleep through ep3 and it would have had the same effect on you
nothing mattered, anakin was already bad in ep2, nothing fucking mattered, stuff happened in ep2 we saw the empire rise, nothing. fucking. happened. in ep3.
>>
>>64304958
literally no emotion in ep3, it's just time wasting in between 2 and 4, it's not a film it's just visual effects.
>>
>>64304761
This
>>
>>64305028
>Anakin becomes Darth Vader
>Jedi are slaughtered
>Yoda goes into hiding
>Luke and Leia are born
>The Empire is created

>Nothing happened
You're a 100% certified retard. Congratulations.
>>
>>64304817
not to mention ep3 makes no sense and had no desire to
>>
uh you guys
why exactly do most of you all put Empire at #1? I genuinly wanna know, my personal pick for #1 would either be New Hope or ROTJ
>>
>>64305086
because it's a great follow up to an already impressive start
>>
>>64305023
I don't think you understood what was meant. He was litereally farting bubbles about your choice of typed characters.
>>
>>64305058
anakin was already vader in ep2, you can't make him unevil then evil again that's stupid
the jedi dying and yoda going into hiding and luke and leia being born are so minor and needless they could have been skipped entirely
you didn't need to see the babies literally being delivered on screen, we know he's vader's son
we know the jedi go into hiding
the empire rose in ep2, they got a clone army, in ep1 sheev already has a stranglehold on the senate.
ep3 was just flashing lights.

>>64305086
rotj is shit
I pick a new hope
personally I don't like the comedy in empire or the other films.
>>
>>64305138
you have shit taste. you should probably be aware of that
>>
>>64305173
what's shit about my taste? I don't even like star wars that much.
>>
1. IV - 9/10
2. V - 9/10
3. VI - 8/10
4. VII - 7/10
5. III - 6/10
6. I - 5/10
7. II - 4/10

I always say in these threads, the important thing is -

Top 2
IV and V

Middle 3
VI, III and VII

Bottom 2
I and II

Swap as much as you want within those rows, but stick to those tiers and you're just fine by me.
>>
>>64305187
Then your opinion is even more irrelevant. Wonderful.

>>64305124
Considering this is /tv/ and a Star Wars thread that could be said of about 50% of posts.
>>
>>64305212
I have to like the prequels to talk about them?
And I have shit taste?
Even if you only take into account the two trilogies then four of the films pretty much suck. That's most of it.
>>
I actually liked Phantom Menace.
>>
File: f49.png (478 KB, 680x689) Image search: [Google]
f49.png
478 KB, 680x689
How the actual fuck can someone think that A New Hope is better than Empire Strikes Back?
>>
File: War Stars.png (301 KB, 540x386) Image search: [Google]
War Stars.png
301 KB, 540x386
Best star wars movie right here.
>>
>>64305212
For all the people putting A New Hope as #1, shouldn't you also put The Force Awakens as #1 since they are basically the same movie?

Anyway, my list, not including The Force Awakens since I just saw it and want to let it sink in a bit before I rank it.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

I think they are all good movies aside from Phantom Menace, which I still think is ok, it had it's moments. Yes, that includes Attack of the Clones which was a really cool movie if you ignore all the poorly acted romance scenes. Plus, Count Dooku is awesome and is one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise.
>>
>>64305281
Because ANH doesn't have that goofball yoda in it or blue space ghosts or weird love scenes and it does have an origin story and Alec Guinness in the flesh and Peter Cushing.
>>
>>64305318
Well, according to your own logic, you'd have it at 3 or 4.
>>
Thrawn Triogy>ESB>ANH>ROTJ>>>TFA=ROTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a pile of dead pigeons>>>>>>>>>>>>PM>AOTC
>>
>>64305318
Troll post?
>>
>>64304306
People always seem to shit on ROTJ, but what was actually bad about it other than the ewoks?

The Space battle, some of the endor shit and the confrontation with the emperor were all great. Also finally seeing Luke be a badass.

Legitimately never felt that ROTJ was weaker than the other two original films, any particular reasons you guys don't think it holds up as well?
>>
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. ROTJ
4. ROTS
5. TFA
6. TPM/AOTC

Only good list.
>>
>>64305355
>>64305335

The first part was a troll, but the list was serious
>>
Haven't seen 7

5 > 4 > 6 >= 7 > 3 > 1 >= 2
>>
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. RotJ
>>
>>64305382
The script and the acting and the things that happened.
They built another death star, that's just lazy, I could have written that and I'm a retard. The ewoks are so vital to the success it becomes farcical, how did sheev not think to massacre the troublesome populace?
>>
>>64305396
I don't understand how anybody can watch revenge of the sith and find anything to like.
>>
>>64305382
I was honestly a lot more okay with the ewoks than I was with the first fifteen minutes (not the whole Jabba sequence, just the shit before Luke walks in).
>>
>>64305382
Ewoks is the only real reason. The tonal shift from the Endor scenes to the stuff in space and on the Death Star causes a bit of a mood whiplash for me. Had it not been such a goofy planet scene with such a goofy species, I'd be tempted to rank Jedi the highest. The Luke and Vader stuff is the best stuff in the whole saga.
>>
The math of you people horify me

7>6>5>4>3>2>1

1=/=2=/=3 etc
>>
>>64305464
>The Luke and Vader stuff is the best stuff in the whole saga
It's a shame that's the only thing good about it.
Even the space fight is silly, they somehow win with ten times the ships against them.
>>
>>64304471
I approve.
>>
>there are people who unironically believe revenge of the sith was actually quite good

just as bad as clones imho, literally the only good scenes were at the very end and they essentially weren't original because they were tied to the death star/tatooine/leia's ship ANH scenes.

the phantom menace is the only passable prequel and it might even feel like a film as opposed to a bloated CGI shitfest
>>
It really hurts me when I see a ranking with II above anything. I'm starting to be concerned about some of you
>>
>>64305211
I'd argue I should be in Middle 4 but other than that I like your 3 tier claisifcation
>>
V - IV - VIII - III - VI - II - I

There is no other
>>
>>64304306
1. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope
3. Star Wars Episode VI: Return of a Jedi
4. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
5. Star Wars : The Clone Wars CGI
6. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
7. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Midi Clorians
8. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom of Solace
>>
I would say if there was gonna be an objective order, it'd have to be 5>4>6>7>3>2>1

That being said, I agree with the tiers here >>64305211

>>64305483
5/10 for effort.
>>
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the compromised and boring "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

J. J. Abrams is a postmodernist with an eye for dense compositions and an autist (much like Lucas) who was a bad choice for a supposedly "charming" and "humorous" reunion movie--the only interesting character is the autistic Kylo Ren (the autistic Spock from "Star Trek" is the only interesting character there too), and overall lack of human "charm" emphasizes logical problems.

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"
5. "Star Wars"
6. "The Empire Strikes Back"
7. "Return of the Jedi"
>>
>>64305593
episode 8 isn't out yet
>>
>People consistently ranking III this high

I don't understand this. Will someone explain what was good about it? For me even TPM is immeasurably better than that shitfest. The fucking lava factory lightsaber duel was absolutely ridiculous
>>
Taking my boyfriend to see the new film this weekend but he hasn't watched the others, am I ruining his experience? I'll probably make him do 7 4 5 6 and then only recommend 1 2 3 if he wants to know more about how he became Darth Vader.
>>
Who the fuck ranks episode 7 above anything? Meth babies.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.