[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sherlock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Sherlock-Special.jpg (70 KB, 1022x637) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock-Special.jpg
70 KB, 1022x637
How pumped are you for the Sherlock Special, /tv/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk86jSLufLs
>>
3 pumps out of 5, minus 1 pump for irene not being there, minus 1 pump for gay moriaty being there.
>>
>tfw havent seen 1st or 2nd season only 3rd

damn it was good i should really watch those two seasons aswell
>>
>>64304330
you should, go watch them and come back
>>
File: brett-sherlock-holmes.jpg (237 KB, 564x800) Image search: [Google]
brett-sherlock-holmes.jpg
237 KB, 564x800
I like the Jeremy Brett parallels they're trying to draw with Cabbatchpatch, though they're barely the same character. He even kinda looks like him (albeit a more alieny looking version of him).

That's basically all Moffat's good at, when I think about it. Bringing up nostalgic imagery to keep you interested.
>>
>>64304330
Season 2 is by far the best, watch it right now.
>>
I can't watch EatADick ComeForLunch with a straight face, sorry anon.
>>
Why has it suddenly become a period piece?
>>
File: Copy of DSCN6153a.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Copy of DSCN6153a.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>64304234
mfw I have better handlebars than Bilbo Baggins
>>
>>64304588

The Third Season didn't do so good, so it's an attempt to keep people on board with a traditional episode.
>>
File: 130409natalie-dormer1.jpg (56 KB, 349x509) Image search: [Google]
130409natalie-dormer1.jpg
56 KB, 349x509
>>64304276
elementary irene was better
>>
>Let's take a Victorian book series and adapt it to modern world
>Now when our new show is a smashing hit, let's make it into Victorian setting
What kind of logic is this?
>>
>>64304776
not
even
close

just kidding, never bother watching elementary, who has?

I bet they have a better moriaty though
>>
>>64304796
Their Moriarty is a woman living under alias Irene Adler

By the way, how is it doing now? I kinda fell out after first season.
>>
>>64304603
The difference is that he actually gets paid to look like an idiot.
>>
>>64304776
wait... she wasn't actually Irene
>>
Not at all. Who even watches this show? It's subpar in all regards.
>>
>>64304234
>a period version of a modern version of Sherlock
Does it invlove time travel?
>>
>>64304816
I think it's still enjoyable in the latest season, but it's not as on point, just like with all American procedurals after a season or two. Worst part was Holmes having a single relapse in a legitimately bad moment and then returning to sobriety, since it ruined that angle of the story.

I'm still amazed that they managed to do a better modern-Sherlock, I fully expected it to be total shit and then they went and actually had his addiction mean something story-wise.

They even managed to have a decent 4chan expy without making it ridiculous.
>>
>>64304330
but the 3rd season was by far the worst anon
>>
>>64304776
> Elementary
> Better than Sherlock at anything

Elementary is just a standard US detective show, with the Sherlock Holmes name shoved on for marketing purposes
>>
>>64305033
Sherlock Holmes is a standard detective book series anyway. In fact a lousy one if you are into fair play.

So I don't see the problem.
>>
I really like Martin Freeman so I'll probably watch it despite hating most everything else
>>
>>64305033
>a standard US detective show

How many standard US detective shows heavily feature the main character's heroin addiction?

Sherlock copped out by going the meme-route with Sherlock just using fucking nicotine patches, Elementary actually made it mean something for the character and story.
>>
>>64305033

And yet it's still better. Sherlock is fap material for tumblrina Dr Who types.
>>
>they're back in time for some reason

man I tried so hard to defend this show even after season 3 came out with all its sillyness. why do this? why make it a cheesy gag?

I know its because theyve run out of ideas, but still it makes me sad
>>
>>64305110
Nice meaningless buzzwords m8
>>
Why didn't they set it even further in the future instead?

Sci-Fi Sherlock who actually uses his mind while the police use gadgets and databases too much to think outside the box.

Oh wait that'd require great writing instead of Christmas nostalgia.
>>
>>64304234
Zero out of ten pumped, first off why is it so fucking dramatized and secondly why is that alien playing Sherlock again?
>>
>>64304234
I hope it's not filler shit like the latest season.
>>
>>64305129
I hated it from the very first episode

>The entire mystery is that the guy somehow won a 50/50 game each time
dropped
>>
>>64305387

It wasn't 50/50 because he purposefully offered them one option first knowing that would affect the outcome in his favour.
>>
>>64304234
Is the show good? I´m a big fan of the books and remember watching the series at the point where Sherlock explain the whole "jump" and "fake dead" thing and I feel like disappointed for the bullshit level of the show
>>
File: FkxEV15.png (257 KB, 915x933) Image search: [Google]
FkxEV15.png
257 KB, 915x933
>>64305500
It's meme shit. Not even shitposting, it's just stupid, and huge hiatuses don't help. Picrelated
>>
I watched part of the first episode the other day. But it felt like CSI the mystery show. Sherlock knew everything about Watson instantly. I hated it. I love mystery shows, but this just seemed awful
>>
>>64304776
She was also Moriarty and fucked Sherlock, What a twist!
>>
>>64304234
This show is Tumblr shit for slow-in-the-minds
>>
>>64305686
>Sherlock knew everything about Watson instantly.
That was pretty much lifted from the books. Have you read original books?
>>
>>64306332
Is everything based on books these days?
>>
>>64306332
No I haven't. But if that is the case in glad I didn't read that garbage.
>>
You know what I find the most telling about the Elementary/Sherlock comparison?

Sherlock had him IM'ing with multiple people using one laptop for each person, because he's apparently incapable of having more than one chat open at once, or just wants to look like a faggot with ten laptops.
Elementary has Sherlock using multiple large screens hooked up to a computer/s to view several videos simultaneously, because he's capable of absorbing more than one screen at once.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.