[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we have watched Sicario more than twice and will watch it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1450588448816.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450588448816.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
ITT: we have watched Sicario more than twice and will watch it again before the year 2016 because it was the only decent movie in 2015.
>>
>>64303915

Medajean?
>>
>>64303980
Bane?
>>
>>64303915

Such a stupid fucking movie. Riddled with plotholes. Why would a cartel hide dead bodies inside the walls of a house in a suburb? Why not just dig a ditch with a Bobcat and bury them?
>>
>>64303915
Movie was boring desu. & it felt like everyone was whispering instead of talking in a normal speaking voice.

Prisoners is superior.
>>
PENDEJO
>>
>>64304092
Well its happened irl so I'm guessing that's where they got it from
>>
Why is Benicio Del Toro soo an underrated actor?
>>
MAMARRACHO
>>
Bone Tomahawk
>>
>>64303915
It wasn't even that great, I mean you don't even see the bad guy until the end and suddenly the Colombian dude is the main character(?) I kept wondering what the point of this movie was afterwards.
>>
>>64304591
exactly. Pretty forgettable flick imho
>>
>>64303915

Every second of the interaction between CIA man and SWAT girl is a masterpiece of discomforting exploitation; kept entire cinema I was in in a state of heightened suspense.

Been a long time since I was so perfectly misdirected and unable to rely on tropes by a movie.
>>
>>64304092
ill never understand what that idiot was thinking
>hmm a swat team Ill probably put up a good resistance with my shotgun
>ill provably totally miss the 1 person I was aiming for and reveal the corpses in the wall but whatever yeah this is a good plan
>>
>>64304400

No, it isn't happening in real life. Cite such an occurrence.
>>
>>64305144

As if the smell of 100 dead Mexican bodies rotting in the AZ heat wouldn't have already clued in the entire suburb.
>>
the guy who wrote the script did his research on google

and it shows
>>
>>64303915
OP its true
>>
>>64305144
>>64305188
this, the bodies would already stink and it'd be unbearable just to be in the house

but, yeah, i guess google didn't tell the writer that
>>
>>64304525
Pergunta paisano, quiere morir?
>>
>>64305004
I think almost every single person in the cinema sank into their seats when the red impala appeared with the crazy looking mofo.
>>
>>64304549
/thread
>>
>>64305297
What does "paisano' mean?

Are Mexicans or Colombians who say that?
>>
File: Emily Blunt.jpg (30 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Emily Blunt.jpg
30 KB, 1280x536
some of the scenes were extremely anal-clenching intense. I watched this movie with a puckered tight asshole about 7 times now.
>>
>>64305451
it means "pleb"

>>64305615
The music was insufferably and suffocatingly manipulative. Back the fuck off a bit and let the image do the talking. Almost ruined the movie tbhfam.
>>
>>64304092
the place was probably a killhouse. they d bring them in and kill them. moving around dead bodies is dangerous, so is digging holes in the backyard.
>>
In my opinion...

The entire message to Sicario is that evil begets evil, however in today's society those who are evil live by different rules than those who are just. These rules can shield evildoers and even when caught, their punishments are not in comparison with the suffering they have caused.

Benicio's backstory is irrelevant outside of the idea he represents the victims of crime, terrorism, etc. Those who have directly suffered loss at the hands of evildoers. He is given free reign to exact his revenge.

Emily is the moral general public. Even when she finds a house filled with bodies and booby traps designed to main her colleagues, she will still likely complain when someone is tortured to prevent such evil being carried out.

In the end, the entire system is shown to be corrupt in that loopholes have been identified to allow evil to be visited on the evildoers but in a way that keeps those who are not directly involved free of consequence.

Emily remains moral to the end until she is visited by the evil and she signs. The message being, it is fine to be so moral about evil acts being performed to prevent evil however your opinion may change when the evil is now on your doorstop affecting you directly.

The very fact she sought revenge on Benicio by looking to shoot him in the back showed she was momentarily brought into the same mindset. The fact she did not shoot showed she was just weak as opposed to moral hence why Benicio tells her to just move away because of the wolves.

A clever thing shown was the Mexican cop's backstory. He tries to keep his son moral but is being paid by the cartel. Benicio drops him with no regard for the backstory we have been allowed to see. Anyone who profits, gains or is involved in the evil is deemed to be guilty in the eyes of those who have suffered.

In short, liberal views on crime, terrorism, etc may not be the best approach when dealing with evil maniacs who have no moral compass.
>>
>>64308753
I wish I could come up with nice deep thoughts like this
>>
>he hasn't seen Sicario at least 4 times at the cinema

Do you even kino, pleb?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.