[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit that this guy was a way better villain than bitch boy kylo ren.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 9
File: darth-maul-main.jpg (260 KB, 1200x729) Image search: [Google]
darth-maul-main.jpg
260 KB, 1200x729
Admit that this guy was a way better villain than bitch boy kylo ren.
>>
what was darth mauls personality

what was his motivation behind attacking the jedis
>>
>>64296859
Same that Vader's, just a tool.
>>
>no characterization
>one line of dialogue
>does nothing to impact the overall story (Obi-Wan is immediately promoted, Anakin was going to be trained anyway)
>next to no interactions with the cast

but oh no just because Kylo Ren wasn't literally Darth Vader 2.0 he's the worst ever
>>
>>64296859
darth maul is the most skilled sith lord i have ever seen. he can fight 2 jedi at once.
>>
>>64296825
nah, this guy had no character. Klyo Ren had a character, but it was probably a bad one considering he changed from a ridiculously overpowered badass that can stunlock people and freeze blaster bolts to a weak opponent that the heroes can stomp when the script demands it
>>
>>64296825
Why didn't they fix the seams on his prosthetics?
>>
>>64296825

I don't remember anything about Maul, really.

Ren was more memorable. His mental instability only makes him scarier because you KNOW that he could snap at any moment.
>>
Shit tier bait.

Leave.
>>
>>64296896
but he got beaten by one jedi
>>
maybe kylo ren would have been cool if he hadn't taken his mask off so early. it kind of spoils the mystique that vader enjoyed. He just acts like such a bitch boy I don't respect him or his power. he killed han solo.
>>
>>64296912
HD didn't exist yet.
>>
>>64296825
better villain, worse character
>>
>>64296930
true. I think if you watch the fight scene darth maul really fucks up. he just stands there and watches obi-won jump up and slash him. with his mouth agape. it seems like a sith warrior like darth maul should have done a dodge or a flip as soon as Obi-won re-entered the combat zone.
>>
>>64296971
That is the point. Kylo Ren is a whiny bitch boy that thinks his dead grandpa is the coolest shit
>>
>>64296901
more like when you get shot in the gut by an extremely powerful weapon and go through a tramautic experience you're not at the top of your game

not to mention Ren was winning the majority of the fight
>>
>>64296917
that's pretty twisted. i bet his mom's gonna freak
>>
>>64296901
he didn't do shit to impress me after that freezing of the blaster bolt. that was the last time I thought he was cool in the movie. took the mask off way too early to reveal a pale slimy skinny white boi.
>>
>>64297033
it was to make it rhyme with episode 3 where anakin does the same but fails
>>
>>64296980
>special editions change every little thing
>can't be bothered to fix obvious fucking glued on horns
>>
>>64296825
Yeah he was really cool when he got cut in half by a padawan, then came back more whiny than Kylo and Anakin combined.
>>
>>64296825

He was a cooler villain but I gotta admit that Kylo is a much better written character with some actual depth to him. However small that might be.
>>
>>64297146
interesting. I never noticed that.
>>
>>64297033
Obi wan should have jumped to the opposite side of the hole across from maul pulled qui gons lightsaber and turned it on mid flight cutting him in half

he never would have seen it coming
>>
>>64297193
the poetry meme is rooted in reality. george did that crap all the time in the prequels
>>
>>64297146
So the whole highground thing was a joke?
>>
>>64297216
he should've used the force to float it up to behind maul's head and then use the force to ignite it
>>
>>64297052
Dude watch the fuck in scene, he toys with both of them right up until Rey, who has been losing is bent over a cliff, and he says "I can teach you the force", and she 180s into god mode and beats him.
I'm so sick of this elephant crap that he was injured, shut the fuck up, you dumbass
>>
>>64296859

his motivation? how about ending the fucking theocracy dictatorship with that mumbling midget green goblin fucker and his nigger sidekick

qui gon and obi wan talk about their bullshit beliefs all the time because they constantly have to remind themselves that they are totally the good guys and they are totally serving justice

darth maul doesnt need that shit because he knows the jedi are all full of shit. theyre just an oppressive bullshit religion
>>
>>64297133
>he didn't do shit to impress me after that freezing of the blaster bolt.
what about force pulling that guy to him

It's fucked up that they make him look strong then decide he sucks.
>>
>>64297254
it was true, from a specific POV
>>
>>64296901
Ren was injured by chewie, and still dominated the majority of the fight, despite the fact the he was mentally unstable.
Not to mention Luke's daughter is obviously going to be crazy strong with the force, even without training
>>
who would win if Kylo faced Maul?

I think Maul would win. He would be waay better in a lightsaber dual and as everyone knows bitch boy kylo renn got beat by Finn and Rey - who were both using a saber for the first time.
>>
>>64296825
objectively no; but he is a talented dancer.
>>
>>64297345
Kylo would know all Maul's moves because he comes from the future.
>>
>>64297345
Currently Kylo hasn't even finished his training while Maul is a full fledged with lord. After his training with Snoke, Kylo will stomp
>>
>>64297281
Nothin personal darth
>>
>>64297307
good movie but yeah his character seemed way cooler to me during the buildup to the release. now I just kind of see him as pitiful and disappointing. 5/10 on the coolness scale.
>>
>>64297335
We wasn't injured in any applicable way, you fucking idiot. Watch the fight. He's very clearly playing with them until Rey goes avatar when he says "teach you the force".
And Lukes daughter or not (citation needed cum guzzler), there's no way the force we've been shown up until now can take a malnourished scavenger shit and match her against someone trained SINCE BIRTH by Luke and Snoke, oh, and who also happens to be proven to be Lukes nephew since his bloodline is so fucking important
>>
>>64297301
Le religion is bad *tips fedora*
>>
Maul is one of the best villains because
>Appears just long enough to do something badass
>not long enough and with not enough focus for Lucas to give him retarded lines and writing

Then he got raped hard without lube but got given one of the best storylines right after in TCW, where he becomes leader of a criminal syndicate and takes over Mandalore only to end up fucked up by Sheev in a cool as fuck final battle
>>
>>64296825
What? He was terrible. Kylo Ren might be a little bitch but at least he has actual characterization.
>>
>>64297446
He wasn't really supposed to be cool, he's basically what you'd get if a typical /pol/ack had force powers and happened to be Erwin Rommel's grandson.

He's a very talented and evil whiny little bitch.
>>
>>64297500
u got mad
>>
>>64297500
He was limping, stumbling, and hitting the wound the entire fight you faggot. Even the dindu managed to cut his shoulder once. He was clearly fighting with a handicap the entire time
>>
>>64297624
Uhh he was clearly fooling around against the dindu
As soon as Obongo landed a grazing hit he disarmed him in one pass and condemned him to a life in a wheelchair with the next

The mental gymnastics to which you guys go to defend your Marey Sue waifu are simply amazing
>>
>>64296896
>has the high ground
>still gets btfo
dude was a scrub and Qui-Gon was a joke
>>
>>64296825
>facepaint villain
>cool villain

Pick one, OP.
>>
>>64297693
This, 100%
>>
>>64297693
>Implying Cyber-Finn in Episode VIII won't quad-wield Vibro-axes
>>
>>64297693
Don't you talk shit about my waifu nigga
>>
>>64297781
But Kylo Ren is the better waifu. Even his face looks better.
>>
>>64297693
Starshills BTFO
>>
>>64296896
Your mom is the most skilled _____ I have ever seen. She can take 2 _____ at once.
>>
File: CloneWars12.jpg (37 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
CloneWars12.jpg
37 KB, 480x320
>>64297773
>yfw they give him a cough because original ideas are hard to come up with
>>
>>64297858
pilot, enemy ships
>>
>>64297824
Come on, Rey is hotter than Leia was in the originals, and on par with Padme. She's a top tier waifu, only Twileks beat her
>>
>>64297858
>cook
>orders

Did I win?
>>
>>64297862
A good guy version of Grievous would be cool as shit though.
>>
>>64297858
Beast master
Rancors
>>
>>64297901
How can one """man""" be so wrong
>>
>>64297947
I'd lick her sweet skywalker snatch for days on end m8
>>
>>64297965
She is Sheev's granddaughter though
>>
>>64297995
>implying that doesn't just turn me on even more
>>
>>64297901
not true. she has a manly chipmunk face when it's not perfect angles and lighting and makes horribly ugly expressions. both leia and hershlag were top tier jewesses
>>
>>64297965
It's okay to have shit taste anon, just keep it to yourself please
>>
>>64297693
that's called fighting conservatively, not fooling around
>>
>tfw they didn't keep him through at least one more prequel as the main intimidating Sith rival to Obi-Wan

Missed the fucking boat
>>
>>64298064
why would you fight conservatively if you're bleeding out?
>>
>>64296825
Ren was a better character. Maul looked cool and had an awesome fight. But besides that, he had zero personality.
>>
>>64298092
So his organs didn't fall out of his sides
>>
>>64298064
Why would you "fight conservatively" when you're far better than your opponent
>>
Sith Lord Ranking
Vader>Sheev>Dooku>>>Maul
>>
>>64298183
>URAAGH
>>
>>64298122
he could've just pounded them back in if they started to herniate
>>
>>64298183
Uhm no

Kreia >>>> Sheev >> Vader > Dooku >>> Maul
>>
>>64296825
Yep. Ep 1 had the best Sith AND the best Jedi.
>>
I think there are some people here, star wars fans, that are willing to be okay with and accept that if a character is holding a red lightsaber that means they have character IE greed, lust for power, anger, mystique, hatred. Same applies to Jedi. They know the lore so that's good enough for them.

Most people fucking don't know or don't care or are normal human beings that need a character with more dimensions than none. It's why the prequels failed, because nobody gives a fuck about these assholes with lightsabers instead of character.

Also those same star wars fans probably got themselves involved with the extranious star wars media like the books, novels, comics and especially the video games where the characters are fleshed out more and we see them in situations that would make us care about them or give them more dimensions. Lucas assumed this was widely the case and as a result most people go into the movies and are completely lost at the get-go. The parents of the kids who saw the 2D clone wars series and saw grevious kidnap palpatine even though this still makes no sense in the movie were completely lost yet the kids had something to go on. This isn't how movies work at any level. You're not given a pamphlet explaining character motivation and general plot outline when you walk in like a stage play.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 150x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 150x210
>>64298236
It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her robes, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery... and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall.
>>
>>64298236
Revan>>>>>Kreia>>Sheev>Malak>Vader>>Ren>>>Dooku>>>>Maul
>>
>>64298301
>anyone above Kreia

I think not, friend
>>
>>64298128
I dunno that's a good question. Personally I wouldn't do it unless I was injured and trying to conserve energy.
>>
>>64298330
Not even based Revan?
>most badass with of all time
>would BTFO Sheev in seconds if they fought
>>
>>64298092
>why would you fight conservatively if you're bleeding out?

You should ask the majority of fighters in boxing and MMA that do it practically every fight.
>>
>>64298401
how about i ask you to suck my bbc, whitey
>>
>>64296825
Nice horn glue, jackass.
>>
>>64298290
is that from the game? dont remember that dialogue
>>
>>64298370
not him, but...

I like Revan, but while he's interesting as a concet, Kreia was the most well written character in this entire universe/franchise.
>>
>>64298330
ye sorry m8 my boy >>64298370 knows Revan is the best sith 100%
>>
>>64297858
>blow queen
>dicks
>>
>>64298370
I don't mind Revan being as big of a Mary Sue as he is, but come on, Kreia is a much better written character

>>64298401
Do people get stabbed in the stomach at the start of your boxing matches?

>>64298468
Kreia talking about Visas Marr
I don't think it was cut content
>>
>>64298468
when you're part way through the dueling arc with brianna you can talk to kreia and she'll say how for the echani dueling is very intimate and it'll probably progress to more, then says that
>>
>>64296825
Maul
>Has no backstory
>His personality is completely defined by his physical appearance and nothing more. He's evil.
>He wants revenge, for no aparent reason
>Not really a commander or figure of power, not really a bounty hunter either
>Great lightsaber skills, we don't even know how well does he use the force
>Somehow failed to kill Obi-Wan despite having the high ground
>The Double lightsaber looks nice, he looks evil

Ren
>Apprentice of Luke gone astray because of his lust for power and admiration for Darth Vader. How snoke seduced him to the dark side is yet to be seen
>Hates his family for no apparent reason, despite the fact that he has a loving mother and his father is Han fucking Solo. He is in conflict, however, between the strife for power and the love for his family. Part of him wants to come home.
>Powerful use of the force, but still has a lot to learn. Flawed lightsaber technique. Still immature.
>He kills his father and is humiliated and beaten by somebody who has just barely learned to use the Force. His family is gone, and now he has a motivation to become more powerful, thus surrendering completely to the Dark side and having the potential to become a menacing villain in the next movies
>Fucking ugly, and his lightsaber crossguard is pointless
I'll go Ren
>>
>>64298543
oh my bad, thought it was talking about best girl
>>
>>64296825

Nah, I liked that they give Kylo Ren an actual character. Darth Maul doesn't do anything the entire movie and then dies, exciting stuff.
>>
File: frodon1.jpg (45 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
frodon1.jpg
45 KB, 480x480
>>64298580
>powerful use of the force
>can't even beat a girl that has never used the force before at force pulling

tip top kek m8

Also I don't remember Maul talking about revenge
>>
>>64298543
>Do people get stabbed in the stomach at the start of your boxing matches?

No, often times much worse stuff happens like they are on the verge of losing within the first minute. It's almost as if people with skill in fighting think it's better to feel out their opponent to the best of their abilities before they commit to attempting to injure them. But I'm not expert. Has you experience with a katana contradicted this in anyway?
>>
>>64298702
He didn't beat her at pulling, Anakin's force ghost selected her to get the saber and sent it towards her.
>>
>>64298702
blah blah he had just been injured by a weapon that was shown to be really destructive and blah blah blah just read the rest of the thread m8
Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHit_vQ1f7Q
>>
>>64298580
>Hates his family for no apparent reason,
It's kinda implies that there wasn't a stable household which makes sense since Leia is a high ranking commander and Han is more of the same but still very much a rogue and they're the complete opposites personality wise. Kylo saying "he [Han] would've disappointed you" is all we need to know about their relationship.
>>
>>64298770
>we will
>we

He's talking about the sith as a whole, remember when Qui Gon tells the council about him, thinking he's a sith lord and Dindu replies
>siths have not been heard of since over a thousand years ago
>>
>>64296896
>got killed by a padawan while he had high ground
Nope.
>>
People are SO angry that Kylo was a great villain
>>
>>64297301
his point was darth maul was a one dimensional character who had zero development, you fuck
>>
>>64296825
>than bitch boy
The fact that you characterize him as this shows that Kylo has at least some sort of characterization.
>>
>>64298706
What "much worse stuff" are you talking about there anon?
And I'd expect someone even halfway through training to notice that Finn is dogshit with a lightsaber
>>
>>64296825
Kylo was a faggot and I hate him, but at least he was something. This guy wasn't anything.
>>
>>64296901
>Villains aren't cool when they show vulnerability.
Blame for the decline of television and film falls squarely on the grossly misshapen heads of people at your intelligence level.
>>
>>64297500
>>64297335
Obviously trolling or overstocked on chromosones but I'll post anyway.

We know from every canon source that a single blaster bolt is enough to kill someone. We know from this film that a blaster bolt can destroy an X-Wing's engines in one hit. We know from this film that the wookiee bowcaster is blatantly more powerful than a typical blaster rifle.

Kylo Ren was hit DIRECTLY (not grazing, DIRECTLY) by a wookiee bowcaster bolt, and not only survived, but was able to fight in spite of that.

That shows remarkable constitution and resolve but is also a SEVERE handicap. I'm assuming your mom didn't buy you a ticket to the film ahead of time so you haven't see it yet and don't know he was bleeding and in incredible pain.
>>
>>64299639
Terrible, pointless post

You know closing your ears and repeating the same thing over and over won't make it true
>>
>>64297500
>there's no way the force we've been shown up until now can take a malnourished scavenger
Remember when Anakin blew up an entire Trade Federation battle station on accident in a stolen Naboo Starfighter, and also won a pod race, and Liam Neeson said he can see the future and it's why he appears to have good reflexes? Remember when Luke got into a starfighter for the first time in his life and made a nearly impossible shot without a targeting computers within like an hour, and was one of the few surviving pilots of one of the most gruesome space battles the Alliance had ever faced at this point?

>and match her against someone trained SINCE BIRTH by Luke and Snoke
[Citation Needed] Who says Ben was trained by Luke and Snoke from birth? Who said Snoke trained Kylo Ren, and not the entire Knights of Ren, and ergo had enough time to properly train him? Who said Luke taught Ben how to fight with a lightsaber when such a trait would've been unimportant for Ben to learn?
>oh, and who also happens to be proven to be Lukes nephew since his bloodline is so fucking important
The Force has been proven to be hereditary in the Skywalker bloodline, his bloodline is diluted by the non-sensitive Han Solo. Furthermore, he was both critically wounded and suffering from serious conflictedness due to the pull of the Light side of the Force. You couldn't follow the film and instead obsessively tried to draw parallels between it and your animes/video games, which is why you're obsessed with the idea that lightsaber skill and the Force is based on power levels and that more training = always wins.
>>
>>64296825
Darth maul was certainly more intimidating than Kylo.
At his very best, I thought Kylo was going to just be a shittier Darth Vader.
Now, he's just a bitch who got his butt kicked by girl on her very first try.
>>
>>64297738
theyre tattoos you skrub and theyre sick af
>>
>>64296825

he really was lol. its too bad the movie in general isnt very good.
>>
One thing that made Darth Maul really cool was how he was pretty much just a Sith Hitman. He never hesitated, he was always went in for the kill. That scene on Tattooine of him with the speeder was great.
>>
>>64296859
He was a jerk and if insist on me being specific then he was a big jerk probably one of the biggest jerks the Star Wars has ever seen. Note the spikes on his head and the VERY spooky/scary tattoos that he has. Now would dearth maul be someone that you'd introduce to a friend? To be friends? I think not.
>>
>be Darth Maul
>look cool and that is literally it
>have a single line of dialogue not even spoken by the actor playing him
>manage to get chopped in half by a padawan right after killing his master even though Maul had the high ground

The Clone Wars cartoon really redeemed the shit out of him. He was pretty badass tearing shit up with Savage and taking control of Mandalore before he got Sheeved hard. Though I understand there's apparently a book that details how he escapes from Sheev's torture chamber and goes on to run a new smaller criminal empire. So that's kinda cool.
>>
>>64296896
Didn't Palpatine take on 4 at once?
>>
>>64297862
FUCK. THAT ANIMATION WAS SO COOL.
>>
>>64297901
>Hotter than Leia
>On par with Padme

I guess these are the people who actually like this movie huh?
>>
>>64298702
>Also I don't remember Maul talking about revenge
Is this a troll? Literally his only line is 'At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.'
>>
kyle is probably one of the shittiest villians, half of the time he is on screen he is comic relief with his temper tantrums, he only kills an old fat guy, this is not how you set up a villian for future movies
>>
>>64298290
thats about visas, not handmaiden you pleb
>>
His design and concept were cool as fuck, obviously. Way better than Ren's.
I don't think you could really call him a "better villain", though. He's little more than a plot device. He has no character.

Unless you're also talking stuff outside the seven movies, but they're all I've seen.
>>
File: 1362234451600.jpg (195 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1362234451600.jpg
195 KB, 640x360
>>64296825
I missed something,

Why was Kylo Ren a villian?
As in why did he choose the dark side of the force? What made him to be this brooding bad guy in the film?
Nothing happened to him in the movie that lead him down the dark path.
His parents were alive and loved him, he even got to train with the man himself Luke Skywalker! but then he decides to join the dark side and wipe out the jedi order for some reason.

I must have missed something obvious because I dont know why he is a bad guy other then "just because"

It must have been something pretty horrific to make you kill your own father

So what happened please?
>>
>>64302604
Darth Vader fanboyism and Snoke.
>>
>>64302681
Damn he must have really liked Darth Vader enough to murder his own father :(
Probably supreme meme master Snookey that made him do it!
>>
>>64297301
so did dooku
>>
i refuse to even acknowledge episode 7 as being canon
>>
>>64296917
oh no he could smash a computer or a spaceship wall
>>
File: 1442512124825.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1442512124825.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>64297301
hahahahaha oh wow
>>
File: 1446316485416.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1446316485416.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>64297301
hahahaha oh wow
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.