[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MARY SUE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: space axe.jpg (211 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
space axe.jpg
211 KB, 665x1000
MARY SUE
>>
>>64296028
BAIT
>>
Not in the first one, the Alien had her and her crew on the ropes for like the entire movie.

Second one.... eh, kinda maybe but not really. Though the end always irks me because she manages to do what a squad of heavily armed military women and men couldnt possibly do. Also that lame as fuck duel at the end with the Queen. It kinda irks me kinda but I've learned to lighten up and not be such a prick

Havent watched the others and dont give a fuck.
>>
File: hd axe.jpg (4 MB, 3880x2135) Image search: [Google]
hd axe.jpg
4 MB, 3880x2135
damn rocco own3d you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbFKuEY5jk
>>
>>64296218
>gary sue

kek
>>
>>64296108
>she manages to do what a squad of heavily armed military women and men couldnt possibly do
If the marines had a competent commander that took the xenos seriously, and no weaselly shithead mucking up the works, they would likely have pulled out successfully and nuked the colony from orbit.
>>
>>64296108
Alien 3 is pretty damn cool. It introduced the concept of aliens taking the form of their host animals.
Alien Resurrection is interesting if you like Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
>>
>you will never be her foot slave
;_;
>>
>>64296028

>Doesn't really have any special skills or anything other than using mining equipment which is completely justified because that's literally her job
>>
Are you the same fucking person spamming this garbage with a bunch of different movies?
>>
>>64296530
True, but it still feels weird her going all Rambo at the end despite her and the rest of the squad getting BTFO'd consistently.

Have you seen Dawn of the Dead? Remember at the end when the SWAT guy decides not to blow his brains out and he heroically fights his way to the top of the mall with cheapo A Team rip off music playing? That's how inconsistent it felt with the tone of the rest of the movie.

Its not really a major complaint but it felt sorta... meh.
>>
She and John McClane (from that other insufferable thread) share the similarity of being normal working folk in an intense situation and using their skills to survive. The sequels then proceed to make them nigh invincible, forgetting that these characters were just regular people before. Curse of sequels, I guess.
>>
>>64296950
Die Hard 2 & 3 were awesome though
>>
File: Sigourney31514 (1) copy.jpg (159 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
Sigourney31514 (1) copy.jpg
159 KB, 600x874
70s Ripley was best Ripley
>>
>>64296950
Aliens was perfect until the third act.

It suffered from 80's syndrome where everything had to end with a final action packed confrontation. Alien's climax was really top notch. It was just her slowly skulking around the Alien who was hiding and just blows it out an air hatch. Like think about how many times you've seen a Spider/Snake/Rat where you did the exact same thing - just sort tip toeing and then smacking it with a shoe or something. It felt real as fuck and it was obvious she was terrified. There wasn't some comic book duel between her and the alien where she adorns like a laser pick axe or repair tool and fist fights with the alien. Both movies are products of their respective time I suppose

Idk, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I could have made a better Alien sequel, especially when you consider Aliens inspisired three following decades of Sci Fi-Horror and Sci-Fi aesthetic across countless mediums of fiction. Almost as important a Sci Fi contribution as 2001.
>>
File: 1451282875844.jpg (413 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1451282875844.jpg
413 KB, 1600x900
>>64297255

Hnnnnng
>>
>>64297255
you sure about that?

i'm not sure why they even put her in panties when she has the ass of an 8 year old
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.