[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/soap/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: mad-men-1.jpg (60 KB, 635x420) Image search: [Google]
mad-men-1.jpg
60 KB, 635x420
Can we get a soap opera thread going? Post your favorite soap opera.
>>
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
The Wire
Most Bergman films
Anna Karenina
War and Peace
The Brothers Karamazov
>>
Forgot these two:

I, Claudius
Twin Peaks
>>
>>64294353
>Breaking Bad
>Game of Thrones
>The Wire

Nice try, fám, but those aren't soap operas. Soap operas are badly-written, poorly acted shows that appeal to women. Like Mad Men.
>>
>>64294427
Fits the definition of all of television then. Breaking Bad is the very definition of soap opera.
>>
OP I can tell you're false-flagging to get a good mad men thread going.

It's okay OP, I miss /scdp/ too. We all do. But it's time to let go.
>>
>>64294427

i dont know what opinion is more reddit, thinking mad men fits that definition or thinking that breaking bad/game of thrones dont

yes i realize this is a bait thread
>>
File: 1449900001488.jpg (105 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
1449900001488.jpg
105 KB, 739x742
>>64294088
Bait thread in disguise
>>
not OP, but i did give up on the show at the end of saison 1, when Peggy is pregnant

i recall thinking "fuck this soap opera"
>>
>>64294088

>Mad Men is a soap

Kek you failed the pleb test, go straight to reddit, do not pass go do not collect £200
>>
>>64294715
This. These NEETs can deny it all they want. It's a literal fucking soap opera.

>le long lost brother
>>
File: full pleb.png (322 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
full pleb.png
322 KB, 579x527
>>64294793
>>64294715
Friendly reminder that not liking Mad Men is the best pleb filter on /tv/
>>
>>64294898
>friendly reminder that /tv/ only likes Mad Men because it's universally accepted as inferior to Breaking Bad
>>
>>64294898

k patricia
>>
>>64294943

>universally accepted
>PLEBS AGREE WITH ME SO IT'S TRUE

If you want people to upvote what you say there's a site you should know about...
>>
File: thumbs up don.png (352 KB, 541x501) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up don.png
352 KB, 541x501
>>64294943
>>64294975
>plebs on damage control
Keep it coming
>>
soap op·er·a
noun
noun: soap opera; plural noun: soap operas

a television or radio drama series dealing typically with daily events in the lives of the same group of characters.
>>
>>64295015
>literally everyone outside of 4chan acknowledges that BrBa shits all over Mad Men
>kek they're just plebs xD

Yeah, I'll take the word of writers and critics over the word of some fat, fedora-tipping NEET on /tv/.
>>
>>64294088
It's a work place comedy. Pleb
>>
Attack of the Clones
>>
https://bluezigzag.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/why-i-admire-don-draper/
>>
>>64294088
Buffy and Angel
>>
"haha yeah breaking bad is awesome dude I love explosions join my frat, pass that blunt bro" - the average 4chan user now
how did it get this bad?
>>
>>64294427
See
>>64295028
Ur a fucking pleb. Don't even know what a soap opera fucking is m8

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64295092
>writers and critics
>published in magazines and websites that make money off ads

They don't want you to catch on that it's ALL advertising. Of course they'd cast the show out of the limelight.

>mad men cast getting hollywood work now
>BB cast has been busy
>>
>>64295092

Breaking Bad is more easily accessible therefore it is more popular. Plebs like you mistake universal general acclaim to mean that something is better, which is not the case. The best kind of art, of which Mad Men is, is divisive. Mad Men is deeply existential and political, whilst not being plot focused. This alienates a large portion of the audience whilst those who do like it find a rich reward. Breaking Bad is a simple show executed well. Because of the good execution most people like it, but the pleasures are all surface level and beyond some clever visual symbolism it doesn't really reward the viewer with more than a simple crime story. Mad Men is a gourmet meal in a Michelin restaurant, not to everyone's taste but excellent to people who understand food. Breaking Bad is street vendor hot dog.
>>
>>64295289
Cranston's about to get an Oscar nomination. What's the last thing Hamm did that wasn't a cameo?
>>
File: 1436713153024.png (159 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
1436713153024.png
159 KB, 464x470
>>64295340
>>
don draper wouldn't watch "mad men"
>>
>>64295360
Fucking 10/10's left and right with his evian-dick, because he's don draper and his ex couldn't handle his success.
>>
Sons of Anarchy.
>>
>>64295440
so epic bro, it's like why bring anything to the table when I can just post this image
>>
>>64295504
Fucking women isn't hard when you're rich and famous. Just look at Leo's fat ass. My question was, what notable work has Hamm (or any other Mad Men cast member, for that matter) been getting?
>>
>>64295472
what are you even trying to say though?
>goku could/would read manga
>>
>>64295289
>Mad Men cast
>8 seasons, 1 actor, 1 Emmy (a pity win)

>Breaking Bad cast
>6 seasons, 3 actors, 9 Emmys

The casts are the very last things you should be trying to compare. You lose every time.
>>
File: hfwsheseesyourdick.gif (368 KB, 205x219) Image search: [Google]
hfwsheseesyourdick.gif
368 KB, 205x219
>>64295709

>Emmy wins

Holy fuck this has to be bait
>>
>>64295623
isn't don draper supposed to be real/achievable ideal and goku is not?
>>
>>64295750
>gets BTFO
>lel bait xD

Nice damage control, pal.
>>
>>64295808
>real/achievable ideal
did you watch the show? dude's a fucking mess
>>
>>64295835

Why are you starting flame wars about Mad Men on /tv/ anon? Do you have plans for new years? Is there a girl for you to kiss or will you be shitposting on /tv/ at midnight?
>>
>>
>>64295872
what do you like about his character?
>>
>>64295613
Elisabeth Moss, who put in a better performance on Mad Men than Hamm, won an Emmy for Top of the Lake and has been going steady with Alex Ross Perry and a few other films.

Drive and Lost River aside, Hendricks is on some Comedy Central show right now but she's got a new film with Refn due next year along with Hap and Leonard
>>
my gf made me watch downton abbey recently and I realized the definition of soap opera

both mad men and that show have the appearance and trappings of being quality tv,
however downton abbey never explains why characters behave the way they do, barely deals with events and their consequences on the characters, and regularly insults the viewers intelligence by explaining everything like you're 8y old

tl,dr watching terrible pretend-age tv made me realize how good mad men is
>>
Praising Breaking Bad on here is basically a form of post-post-post-ironic pre-post-memetic neo-inauthentic metamodernist insincerity.
>>
>>64296300
Care to translate that to English? I don't speak meme.
>>
>>64296352
liking breaking bad is a meme
>>
Soapiest
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.