[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Misunderstood masterpieces
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: LL27[1].jpg (97 KB, 650x883) Image search: [Google]
LL27[1].jpg
97 KB, 650x883
ITT: Misunderstood masterpieces
>>
File: hh.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
186 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: mv2006.jpg (59 KB, 449x571) Image search: [Google]
mv2006.jpg
59 KB, 449x571
>Time is luck
>>
I hated this movie, so fucking obnoxious. The dialogue was Pretentious as fuck, meaning it tried to sound more intelligent then it really was.
>>
>>64292553

It was great, and I'm one of those faggots that continues to never shut up about how Cronenberg needs to start making horror movies again.
>>
>>64292391
ma nigga.

read the book though. it's obviously more cogent.

>Nancy Babbage
>>
>>64292473
That movie was terrible. Had a lot of homosexual undertones too.
>>
CAME FROM THE STREETS

TO MECCA
>>
>>64292465
You must have misread what OP asked for. He said "Misunderstood masterpieces", not absolute trash that Bruce Willis should be ashamed of.
>>
>>64292769

It is misunderstood. The movie is a comedic adventure flick, yet it was marketed by the studios as an action movie in the vein of Die Hard. This caused the wrong audiences to see it, causing it to fail spectacularly. When seeing Hudson Hawk as a simple comedic adventure movie, the movie is fantastic. Almost feels like a Crosby and Hope movie. Stop parroting what you've heard everyone else say and actually watch the movie.
>>
Star Wars Prequelz
>>
File: 1449272992902.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1449272992902.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>64292844
>comedic adventure flick
>Hudson Hawk
>comedic
>>
File: td mains.jpg (53 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
td mains.jpg
53 KB, 680x478
>>
>>64292942
Too many characters/storylines, but I still really liked it. Just didn't live up to the first season.
>>
>>64292933

Again, actually watch the movie and stop just repeating what people have said since it came out. It might surprise you. It's funny, I've encountered quite a few people that have said Hudson Hawk was a bad movie, but when I asked them why they thought it was, they couldn't answer. Why? They'd never seen it, and only heard it was bad. I'd then sit them down to watch it, explaining the studio interference beforehand, and at the end, they said they actually liked the movie.
>>
>>64292993
Agreed, actually.

Maybe I jumped the gun posting it in a thread asking for "masterpieces." I think it's great, but it's flawed up the ass.

That said, I do think that it's misunderstood and underrated. Can't believe that it's making worst-of lists.
>>
>>64293052
Bruce Willis isn't funny.
>>
>>64292391
>Misunderstood masterpieces
UNINTELLIGIBLE masturbators
>>
>>64292391
I understood Robert Pattinson's character as the embodiment of captalism. The bodyguard represents the government, protecting him (capitalism) from an assasination (popular revolution) until he grows tired of the few rules imposed on him and shoots him. Haircut from a mom and pop barber = tax cut.

But this isn't Elysium tier junk food. Giamatti satircally encapsulates Marxist theory, he is ultimately a fraud who couldn't achieve anything in life and wants to blame the system. As Paul points the gun at Robert he says: I wanted you to save me. In our heart of hearts, everyone (including college communists) wants to believe in the god of the free market. That we can all somehow be rich by working in our own self interests.

It's a more fun movie to think about than to watch.
>>
>>64292942
I nearly fell for this meme until people started pretending it blows S1 out of the water.
>>
>>64293606
The ending literally capped the entire movie and what it was about. Don't know why the critics were so harsh on it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.