[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching movies alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: forever-alone-cinema.jpg (127 KB, 1024x447) Image search: [Google]
forever-alone-cinema.jpg
127 KB, 1024x447
Who else loves going to the movies alone? Don't fucking judge me you pieces of shit.
>>
>>64290150
Yea i do this all the time. Makes me enjoy the movie more.
>>
Best way to see a movie
>>
Do you mean in an empty theatre or no one accompanying you?
>>
>>64290150
I think it's fantastic.

No squabbling over times, no having to convenience other people with where to meet or when to set off etc

The whole point of the cinema is to watch the film anyway
>>
>>64290150

When I saw Bridge of Spies the first time, I ended up being in the theater completely alone. I felt terrible. Next time, I made sure to bring friends. The theater was PACKED the second time, though. I don't understand.
>>
>>64290759
>>64290789
>>64290850

It's been proven that the first step to becoming a psychopath is watching movies alone.
>>
>>64290820

I go to movies alone regularly without incident, no singles taxes or memes, etc. Nobody looks at me funny, or if they do, I don't notice.

But your thing is also interesting. After all, it's literally what OP's picture depicts. I've been to maybe 2-300 movie theater screenings over the course of my life (quantity is not the point, I won't do the pissing match thing with anyone, I have a different point here), but even during weekday matinees, I can't recall actually /being all alone by myself in the room, with NOBODY else/. There's always at least one other weirdo, or a couple or something.

Except one time. And that was this past summer, when I went to see an H. R. Giger documentary: Dark Star. It was a mid-day matinee during a bright, hot summer weekend day, so I guess most normies didn't want to spend their afternoon watching a flick about the life and times of an old Euro pervert who always wears black (I don't know why!) Anyway I was totally alone.

So once I realized what I'd walked into (a personal first, IIRC), I sat right in the middle of the space - a few rows forward. The experience of the movie and the total paid-for solitude was interesting, but it was kind of a sad thing about an old man whose best days were behind him, and who was about to fall down some stairs. The closing shot shows Giger lumbering away from his company at the dinner table, and slowly descending the stairs (Giger would later die of a fall on a staircase, just as the documentary was wrapping).

A sad, moody picture which matched the sad moody fact that I had just watched it totally alone. As if I was the only person in the world who cared that he'd died, but I knew that that wasn't true just by watching the flick.

The moral of the story is: don't litter the floors of your home with crap, as Giger did. Another tired meme is that "the house/set/town/spaceship is its own character", but this certainly was true of Giger's house. This character, it seems, killed Giger.
>>
Just don't see a children's movie or Frozen 2 alone and you should be just fine.
>>
>>64290912
Sweet, where do I sign up?
>>
File: 5DoS.jpg (197 KB, 586x903) Image search: [Google]
5DoS.jpg
197 KB, 586x903
>>64290150
The first and only movie I ever saw alone was pic related.
I'd bought two tickets and was waiting for my girlfriend to show up when she dumped me by text, about ten minutes before the movie started.
So I watched it alone, and loved it - probably to do with the subject matter and my literally 10-minute-old breakup.
I haven't watched a movie alone since, but it's not something I'm hugely opposed to, I guess.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.