[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 800x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 800x544
The Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > Attack of the Clones = The Phantom Menace

Look deep into your heart, /tv/. You know I'm right.
>>
>>64288380
Perfect taste anon.
>>
oh look, the same sterile ranking every redditor has been shoving around /tv/ for the past week
>>
Doesn't matter, when the TR-8R movie gets made then it'll be top of the pile.

https://www.change.org/p/disney-lucas-film-give-tr-8r-his-own-spinoff-movie
>>
pretty much, yeah
still debating about ROTS and TFA though
>>
>>64288380
TFA isnt cannon. Its a Disney version and has nothing to do with Lucas, ergo nothing to do with Star Wars.
>>
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
Those are my exact feelings OP, good job
>>
File: 1448475234209.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1448475234209.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>Return of the Jedi above Revenge of the Sith and The Force Awakens
No.
>>
>>64288380
I feel jedi luke should be center stage under the vader head
>>
File: 1449184314776.jpg (10 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1449184314776.jpg
10 KB, 240x240
>>64288380
>>
>>64288496
But MUH VADER
>>
>>64288412
let's see your list fuccboi
>>
Return of the Jedi is the best of the OT, it is THE Star Wars movie. Hivemind bandwagon Empire faggots opinions do not matter
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.