[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /tv/ think of YourMovieSucksDOTorg?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
what does /tv/ think of YourMovieSucksDOTorg?
>>
He's a faggot with painfully middlebrow taste which is made worse by the unwarranted sense of superiority he gets from watching foreign films (the run of the mill kind of European psycho dramas that have been plaguing arthouse cinema for the past several decades.)
I'm mean, he has barely seen any film made before 1990. How can you claim to be a film "critic" when you can't understand precedence and can't even trace a filmmakers influence.

He also doesn't know the difference between symbolism and metaphors.

Now stop shilling your youtube channel, Adam.
>>
I've literally only seen his video where he bashes the coolcat guy. He seems ok I guess. It was funny how condescending he was.
>>
File: 1429060561112.png (164 KB, 307x267) Image search: [Google]
1429060561112.png
164 KB, 307x267
>>64287166

>willingly listening to a furfag redditor over-analyze movies and then beg for money

ISHYGDDT
>>
Can't stand him.
>>
>>64287434
I didnt think it was possible for anyone to sound more pretentious than him, holy shit.
>>
>>64287166
>makes ugly face on purpose so no one can call him ugly
>furfag
>dank maymays in reviews
>can't just be gay, has to sound like a fag too
You can stop making these threads now Adam.
>>
Is he really a gay nazi daiperfur?

I just started watching his videos today.

I think its funny when he shills his shitty music.
>>
I have no particular opinion of the guy one way or another.
>>
File: 1424280326058.png (222 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1424280326058.png
222 KB, 500x363
He was better in his older videos because he reviewed shit that everyone knew was garbage and it was funny. His tone was monotone and depressed and down for the whole thing and it was cool

Now he actually takes himself seriously, which would have been fine if he knew what he was talking about or had a single sensible bone in his body. The only thing he can do is pick out plot inconsistencies and poke holes at how characters could have done something but they didn't. He has no idea what filmmaking is and he doesn't know jack shit about pacing, editing, cinematography, movement, or any literary aspects of film.
>>
>>64287166
He is a shitty "critic" and the only reason he is relevant is because of that Cool Cat movie he ripped apart. Also pretty high on the unwarranted self-importance scale.

But he has really nice hair that I would like to sniff in a nonsexual manner.

Can we go back to shitposting Star Wars memes now?
>>
>>64287434
/thread, 2bh

the best youtube movie reviewer is a literal 15 year old. that's how bad things are
>>
>>64287849
>he best youtube movie reviewer is a literal 15 year old
what
>>
is there a site where you can type in a movie and it will tell you if it's shit or not?
>>
>>64287911
google.com
>>
>>64287902
99filmo
there are more knowledgeable guys on youtube, but mostly with 2 or 3 total uploads and they aren't as charismatic imo
>>
>>64287948

tell me, not me tell it
>>
>>64288018
>is ____ good or shit
EZPZ
>>
He's ok when he's picking on garbage movies like After Earth and Cool Cat, but he tends to nitpick far too much and he acts like one of those edgy internet atheists at times.
>>
>>64287902
>he doesn't know about 99Filmo
>>
File: shrug.jpg (13 KB, 276x440) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
13 KB, 276x440
>>64288096
I don't. The only reviews I really check out are from Good Bad Flicks and /tv/
>>
>>64288064

but like an automatic generator that has one answer
>>
>>64288190
metacritic, rotten tomatoes, imdb, rateyourmusic, the list goes on
>>
>>64288190
Oh like those 'Fucking Weather'-type sites. Probably not. It would be easy to make though. Just have the site check IMDB or RT or whatever, set the threshold for shit or not, and display it in big obnoxious caps on the page.
>>
>>64288285

but like a comical/funny/offensive answer

you know what i mean
>>
>>64288343
You want a website that gives you meme opinions to seem cool on /tv/?
>>
>>64288343
the faggot on OP usually starts his reviews by telling you if the movie is good or shitty
>>
>>64288408

no just for the hell of it
>>
For fucks sake, don't rely on these youtube "critics" or "reviewers" to validate or choose your opinions. I think this should come naturally to everyone here. If not, kindly position yourself in the corner of the room and bang your head on the wall repeatedly until you suffer from a concussion.
>>
>>64288552
>don't rely on these youtube "critics" or "reviewers" to validate or choose your opinions

nobody does this you fucking retard.

you watch them for entertainment
>>
>>64288608
Actually, a lot of people do, sometimes subconsciously, but its not unheard of. Also, not all critiques and reviews of something are preformed in a comedic or entertaining manner.
>>
He's a furry that's all you need to know. If you want to take someone like that seriously, be my guest.
>>
>>64287166
I like his Top 10 videos. some of the films in those are ones that I'd never hear about otherwise, and I enjoyed a couple of his recommendations.

He's alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTebtHsTy7A
>>
Are there any critics on youtube who are worth watching?
>>
He needs to do more walking dead already those are the only videos I watch of his
>>
>>64288939
I like Good Bad Flicks I shilled it in an earlier post above

He mostly reviews cheesy old slasher/scifi movies
>>
>>64288939
Every Frame a Painting and Nerdwriter1 analyze films in general but they don't do reviews of everything coming out. They're very nice.
>>
>>64288939
99filmo
Better than Food: Film Review

Filmmaker IQ, >>64289021 and >>64289067 for film-related videos
>>
>>64288939
channel criswell
>>
>>64288608
>watching some guy for 30-70 minutes bitching about a movie in his bedroom
>entertaining
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.