[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bingewatched the final hour of this, why is it rated so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: sevensamurai.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1844) Image search: [Google]
sevensamurai.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1844
Just bingewatched the final hour of this, why is it rated so highly on imdb? The action was shit and fake looking and the acting was campy and over the top. Also it was gay as fuck, loads of shots of mens asses and shit and I swear the young guy who fucked the girl was actually a faggot.
>>
hello reddit nice to finally meet you
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=doaQC-S8de8

Don't worry about having to think let the internet break it down for you.
>>
>>64283752
Brilliance is lost on you. Go back to watching Fight Club and Pulp Fiction.
>>
>>64283752
you should try watching The Force Awakens I heard on reddit that it has great exciting action and good acting "better than the prequels 9/10"
>>
>>64283809

>posting every cuck a painting

Back to reddit you go
>>
the way A.K's films move is incredible. He really was one of the GOAT directors
>>
something about this movie doesn't click for me either, and i love kurosawa.

feels like one of his more overrated works, although not as much so as say kagemusha or hidden fortress. it's still definitely at least an 8/10 but im not sure why so many individual lists and almost every attempt at averaging his filmography leads to this one floating to the top.
>>
File: 1447281785274.jpg (60 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1447281785274.jpg
60 KB, 431x450
How do you "bingewatch" a movie. Let alone part of a movie.
>>
File: seven_fourgraves[1].jpg (26 KB, 450x341) Image search: [Google]
seven_fourgraves[1].jpg
26 KB, 450x341
>>64283955
you have to buy into the tragedy of the warrior mentality it builds itself on, plus the way it depicts an utterly complete and self-contained world. it's like a perfect fable that neither underplays or overplays anything.
>>
>>64284111
It's a meme senpai, this whole thread is just bait.
>>
>>64284111
he'll reply later.
it takes him an hour too close all the ads in his tabs

>le reddit normie adblock disabled mode
>>
>>64284169

>that shitty greenscreen

What the FUCK was Kurosawa thinking?
>>
Are there any big budget directors who still edit their own movies like Kurosawa?
>>
>>64283752
>bingewatched the final hour
>watching one (1) hour is bingewatching

FUCKING MILLENIALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64284431
iirc Scorsese sits in with the editor the entire time for his films
>>
it's an archetypal action film. truly grand and timeless.
>>
The trick with these old b/w universally acclaimed movies is to watch some recent tv show or film that parodies it and then reading the wikipedia article + the imdb trivia
>>
>>64284431
all good directors will sit through the whole process. editing is done with software now though it's not a technical skill.
>>
>>64284558

>timeless
>boring as shit and with incredibly unrealistic action

Try again my pretentious friend
>>
>>64285361
you're just describing fury road now, not seven samurai
>>
>>64285486

But I agree that fury road was shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.