[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You will remove these restraints and shitpost in my thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 809x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 809x342
You will remove these restraints and shitpost in my thread.
>>
What did you say?
>>
>>64283671
this was the only scene that really made me cringe
>>
>>64283671
are mums gyals?
>>64284125
it only made me cringe because she succeded.fucking maRey-sue.
>>
>>64283671
TELL
>>
THAT
>>
>>64283671
I will tighten those restraints and report your thread.
>>
I will tighten the restrains and quality post in this thread
>>
>>64283671
Everything up to this point I was going with (in regards to her story), but this was just... Wew lad
>>
>>64284590
TO
>>
SCAVENGER
>>
You can't tell me what to do, you aren't my real dad
>>
>>64284706
SCUM
>>
There is no lapdance in this scene. [x]
>>
So, /tv/, why didn't he tighten the restraints?
>>
>and you'll drop your weapon too
>>
Isn't it called a Jedi Mind trick? As in, you have to be a Jedi to use it?

She just masters it, without teaching, on her 2nd try?
>>
File: Pepe is kill.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
Pepe is kill.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>Rey will never boss you around and femdom you using the Force
Just pull the fucking trigger
>>
So liam Neeson was the one to say "aaand I'l drop my weapon."
>>
Rey: "I know kung fu"
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1062x821) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1062x821
>>64284242
She obviously learned to mind-trick when she mind-melded with Kylo Ren. Duh
>>
File: monitor-window.jpg (59 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
monitor-window.jpg
59 KB, 323x400
>>64284815
>she knows she has that skill without being taught and masters it on the second try
>>
Fucking hell these people complaining about Rey using the force annoy me.

The Force is a credible and recognised thing at this point. You even see Rey using a helmet with a faded visor early on in the film. It could be implied from this that she had received SOME training in the force. The implication that she is already at Padawan level at the start of the movie is there, in which case the force awakens depicts the growth of a Padawan-level Jedi to a Knight-level Jedi.

We know nothing of Rey prior to her internment at the Jakku dustbowl, For all we know she's already had a grounding in the principles of the use of the force. The story of Luke Skywalker is as recognised as Han Solo and Lando Calrissian at this point canonically, so therefore knowledge of the force and the legends associated with it must therefore also be more widely known than at the start of A New Hope.

Also, if she is indeed the daughter of Luke Skywalker, then he would have been a fool to have left her on Jakku without any training whatsoever.
>>
>>64284870
I thought it was Daniel Craig.
>>
>>64284994
However she does not necessarily exist in a universe where such powers are unheard of.
>>
>>64284870
It was Daniel Craig.
>>
>>64285098
>Can use the force with 0 training
>Something we've seen before takes years to practice and master
>Defeats a dark jedi with years of experience and a dark master to train under without ever having touched a lightsaber in her life
>>
You will remove those restraints and shitpost in your thread.
>>
Why are OT Star Wars neckbeards such bad people? Luke blocks a blaster shot on his second try after Obi-Wan tells him some stupid cliche. Then a moment later Han calls it luck, even though the probability of doing that through sheer luck is essentially non-existent. I don't think JJ Abrams was accounting for your weird neckbeard loser double standards when he made a new Star Wars movie. He probably thought he was being consistent with the existing universe because he was, even if mentally impaired /pol/ shitposters claim otherwise.
>>
>>64285217

She's either the most powerful force user EVAR or just crappy mary sue writing.

Maybe she will be the most powerful force user evar....
>>
>>64285098
>You even see Rey using a helmet with a faded visor early on in the film. It could be implied from this that she had received SOME training in the force

Huh?

How does that signify force training of any kind?
>>
>>64285217
There are scenes in the film implying that Rey had some awareness of the force. It's perfectly possible she has encountered individuals who may have offered limited guidance.
>>
File: joan_of_arc.jpg (135 KB, 672x1000) Image search: [Google]
joan_of_arc.jpg
135 KB, 672x1000
>yfw Rey will end the episode IX as the first Saint of the Church of the Force.

>yfw she will never be romantically attached to any character because saints are chaste

>yfw she looks like every old portrayal of pic related

>yfw she has a halo in over a dozen shots in the film

>yfw she resurrects Lor San Tekka
>>
>>64285351
>One vision after touching Luke's old sword in the bar basement
>Oh i guess im a jedi now xDDD
>>
>>64285329
You are now realizing it could very well be the same helmet used by Luke. We know from the scene with the lightsaber that experiences and visions echo through the force.
>>
>>64285144
>>64285201
Then who was TR-8R?
>>
> can use jedi mind trick
> can read minds
> can resist mind read
> can wield light saber well

can we just call her a Jedi already?
>>
Who /inlovewithRey/ here?
>>
>>64285380
> luke's old sword.
> wielded by two of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy.
>>
File: joan-of-arc.jpg (178 KB, 742x434) Image search: [Google]
joan-of-arc.jpg
178 KB, 742x434
>>64285436
>>
>>64285354
Let's just hope it isn't revealed that she was immaculately conceived by fucking midichlorians
>>
>>64283671
You will bring me the man called BANE
>>
>>64285436
>can we just call her a Jedi already?

I mean, she's probably already stronger than most of those B & C team jedi scurbs from eps1-3
>>
>>64285463
>Lightsabers are now Harry Potter wands guys!

Since when did the lightsabers ever have ANY spiritual meaning, other than being powerful weapons wielded by force users only. I get that they have a significant meaning to the jedi obviously, but literally the fucking SWORD calling on her?

Come on
>>
File: Spectre.jpg (44 KB, 980x653) Image search: [Google]
Spectre.jpg
44 KB, 980x653
>>64283671

Remember that scene where he removed his uniform?
>>
>>64285419
That just seems like bad storytelling to me

So she comes into contact with magic artifacts and becomes powerful? It just doesn't seem like Star Wars to me
>>
Luke Skywalker trains her when she is very young as a Padawan, drops her on Jakku, She forgets a lot of it just trying to survive. Then Han shows up and the legend of Skywalker makes her remember.

Seemple.
>>
>>64284698
KANJIKLOB
>>
>>64285561
>>64285597

The force is known to have an impact on physical objects. See the Dark side cave in episode 5.

Hell, Luke's lightsaber is probably thrumming with Light side energy at this point.
>>
>>64285463
Knowledge of how to use the force doesn't spread like a cold
>>
Can anyone make an argument that any of these "Mary Sue" complaints from smelly obese losers would exist if the character was a male? Rey seems perfectly in line with preceding characters. Even non-force users like Han do literally impossible things out of plot convenience, like navigating a field of asteroids. Luke uses the force to do something totally impossible in ANH without any prior training. If you're claiming that it's unacceptable for someone without training to use the force to great effect, then you're claiming it's unacceptable for Luke to have destroyed the death star.

It also seems like the same people who are complaining that the movie is a rehash of ANH are also complaining about the ways in which it differs from ANH, which is fucking hilarious.

>not muh one dimensional brooding villain!
>>
File: traitor7.jpg (37 KB, 590x369) Image search: [Google]
traitor7.jpg
37 KB, 590x369
I guess I was wrong, there was no traitor after all.
>>
>>64285730
The force is awakening. The rules are changing. Suck a dick.
>>
>>64285773
She kills, a fucking dark jedi, with years of experience and training under the new emporer, without ever having touch a lightsaber in her life.
>>
>>64285597

So you'd be satisfied if, instead of coming into contact with an artifact, someone gave her vacuous advice like "Use the force" or "Search your feelings"?

Serious question, do you autists actually expect anyone to ever satisfy you? I guess I can accept that you have a mental disease and can't resist nitpicking, but are you also so lacking in basic self-awareness that you expect writers to consult with you before creating something?
>>
>>64285773
>navigating a field of asteroids
Dangerous, not impossible.

>uke uses the force to do something totally impossible in ANH
Explicitly stated to not be impossible.
>>
>>64285822
There's no explanation, no reason why she can do the things she can do with no experience. Everything Rey defenders have is simply conjecture and speculation.

It's just poor storytelling.
>>
>>64285899
The old movies spents so many screen minutes of Luke training, with Obi-wan and with Yoda.

But who's got time for that Karate Kid wax-on wax-off shit, this is 2015 baby woo!
>>
>>64285890
Kylo Ren had years of experience slaughtering weaklings, who were at maximum Padawan level.

Rey is a Padawan who survived.
>>
>>64283671
that scene was really reddit
>>
>>64286045
And everything the haters have is short-sightedness and pithy commentary.
>>
>>64286094
This guy froze a blaster shot mid-air in the first act, he basically runs the entire opperation, do you really think the dark side would not put the best and brightest in charge of the 2.0 Deathstare and be the main student of Snoke?

He is quite literally a mini-Vader
>>
>>64285217
that dark jedi was wounded and he wasnt trying to kill her he was trying to recruit her
>>
>>64285890

He was shot in the core of his body by a projectile that was knocking stormtroopers into the air. If anything, it was stupid that he could fight at all. Weird how you forgot to mention that fact. Do you not realize how embarrassing it is that you're biased over a literal work of fiction to the point where you'll lie to push your agenda? It's a fantasy story and you're lying about it. How does it feel that I know you're a /pol/ shitposter just by your unheard of stupidity and cringeworthy dishonesty?
>>
>>64285773
>It also seems like the same people who are complaining that the movie is a rehash of ANH are also complaining about the ways in which it differs from ANH, which is fucking hilarious.

Yes I'm sure you'd be able to tell because we all have unique usernames.

Anyway, you're not really understanding what makes her a "Mary Sue". It's not the fact that she does seemingly impossible things. Characters in most fantasy stories do that, including Star Wars. What makes her a Mary Sue is that we never really see her struggling or failing outside of the first few minutes of the movie. Pretty much as soon as she boards the Falcon she's just kicking ass non-stop.

Compare her to Luke, whose successes (blowing up the Death Star, destroying AT-ATs, freeing Han from Jabba, defeating Vader) are balanced by a multitude of failures (Life saved by Obi-Wan twice on Tattooine, almost dies on Hoth, fails his training with Yoda, fails against Vader, gets captured by Jabba, etc.).

It's not just that she does amazing things, it's that the writing doesn't really show us WHY she's able to do those things. We believe Luke can blow up the Death Star because he's doing something that we've been told several times he's good at- flying. He uses the Force to help him focus at the end, but we accept that because we know he's a great pilot (and a good shot) already. What we know about Rey is that she's a scavenger, which doesn't explain her power throughout in any way (except perhaps her abilities to repair/use the Falcon).
>>
Kylo wasnt trying to kill her, she was, kinda hard to fight In a lightsaber battle without trying to kill and the other does
>>
>>64286225
>It's a fantasy story

Stories where the main character has no weaknesses tend to be kinda dull
>>
File: it's not a phase dad.jpg (76 KB, 759x500) Image search: [Google]
it's not a phase dad.jpg
76 KB, 759x500
Did anyone else laugh every time he removed his mask?
>>
>>64286129
Plot holes, bad storytelling etc is not "pithy commentary"
>>
>>64286194
And Vader was defeated by Luke Skywalker pretending to be a Jedi Master.

Luke Skywalker on the Death Star 2 was only Jedi Knight level. Rey in TFA is already Padawan level.

It might also just be that SHE'S BETTER AT UNDERSTANDING THE FORCE.
>>
File: 1440631955618.jpg (41 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1440631955618.jpg
41 KB, 288x288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qYShc9D9uk
>>
>>64285899
>are you also so lacking in basic self-awareness that you expect writers to consult with you before creating something?
What are you talking about? We're criticizing/debating a movie, people have been doing this for a long time.

>So you'd be satisfied if, instead of coming into contact with an artifact, someone gave her vacuous advice like "Use the force" or "Search your feelings"?

That's a better explanation than Luke's magical lightsaber. Of course, those "vacuous" lines you're referring to were also backed up by other guidance and training, so it was more believable.
>>
>>64286308
>It might also just be that SHE'S BETTER AT UNDERSTANDING THE FORCE.

All those training sessions with Obi-wan and Yoda truely paying off!

I guess I missed the jedi-training Rocky montage when I went for a piss at the cinema
>>
>>64286343
This can't be happening!

I'm in charge here!
>>
>>64286371
I guess you're just a cunt who thinks nothing happened before the start of the film. Did it occur to you that she might have been left on Jakku for a fucking reason?
>>
can someone tell me why motherfucking daniel craig was the stormtrooper in this scene?
>>
>>64285773
>the same people who are complaining that the movie is a rehash of ANH are also complaining about the ways in which it differs from ANH
Yes, when the first movie does things well and another does things poorly while desperately trying to replicate the former, it invites comparisons. What are you having difficulty understanding here?
>>
>>64285310
Aren't the two options basically the same?
>>
>>64286432
>Did it occur to you that she might have been left on Jakku for a fucking reason?

And in true MCU fashion they're just going to make us wait till the next movie to find out why

it's good for business but really bad storytelling
>>
>>64286454

>Yes, when the first movie does things well and another does things poorly

This part is blatant nonsense though. The original Star Wars films are cheesy tripe. You can't discuss and critique movies if you're blinded by that weird bias hipster fat losers have where they add 9 points to the score of anything made before they were born. You're a fat waste of oxygen and no amount of cringeworthy application of double standards while anonymous can change that.
>>
>>64286432
>She trained her force powers on Jakku XDDD

Dude, she even admits to Solo that she thought the whole thing was just a myth.
>>
So did Daniel Craig just went up to JJ and asked him if he can play a stormtrooper even if he's not getting paid?

Can actors do this?
>>
>>64284816
Just lock me in a church and burn it down already ;_;
>>
>>64286577
> make us wait to find out why.

Nah m8. I already know. Rey was a young Padawan under Luke, but Luke sensed through the force that she had to be removed from the academy for her own protection. It's possible even that this is standard practice for all young padawans, only when Kylo went edgemaster she got left behind, it's just Luke never went back for her because she was safer on Jakku where her force powers could mature.

In terms of sheer power, she's already at the point of Luke in Empire Strikes Back, but she hasn't had any of the tutelage that Kylo had. I might even point out that prior to meeting Yoda Luke had like a day's training and he was able to manipulate the force around him.
>>
>>64286699
>unironically using the word hipster
>in 2016 minus 1 day and 6 hours

ayy
>>
>>64286721
Which makes it an astonishingly well-written character if she explored those concepts anyway despite thinking it's just a myth. She could also have just said that in order to protect herself.
>>
>>64286750
Yeah. It's the same as getting a celebrity zombie in TWD, dude.
>>
>>64286835
>Which makes it an astonishingly well-written character if she explored those concepts anyway despite thinking it's just a myth

How is that evidence of her being astonishingly well-written
>>
>>64286750
If you're James Bond, then yes.
>>
>>64286454
You're dealing with a Disney marketer.
>>
>>64286868
Layers of depth. Please tell me you're not one of those types that just throws out random fucking hot-topic statements without actually understanding what it is you're saying.

Would you be able to tell a well-written character when you saw one?
>>
>>64286835
What are you even talking about

She brushes it off saying she thought it was just a myth

How the fuck does that explain her suddenly being able to pull years of training about of her arse

And we haven't even talked about her she goes from being a scavenger to being an expert pilot out of the blue
>>
>>64286775
That's all entirely possible but it's also just speculation

>I might even point out that prior to meeting Yoda Luke had like a day's training and he was able to manipulate the force around him.
Yes, but he had lots of time to train by himself (using the basic ideas that Obi-Wan taught him) in between ANH and ESB.
>>
>>64286966
You never see Luke fly a starfighter until the death star run but no one questions that, either.
>>
I think most of you retards are failing to put yourself in the perspective of having watched A New Hope for the first time, before the sequels to it came out, and using that context to compare it to TFA.

In ANH, Luke is a water farmer who proceeds to infiltrate the evil empire's base of operations on a whim. He then destroys it in a dogfight during which everyone else dies by using le force to calculate the trajectory of an impossible shot. He also blocks a blaster shot on his second attempt.

Sure, you guys are /pol/-tier stupid and, rather than admitting you're wrong, you'll come up with endless excuses of how it's different. Objectively speaking, you're nitpicking at best and your agenda is really obvious.
>>
>>64286996
And if Rey was given a Padawan's orientation prior to being dropped on Jakku for an entire fucking decade then that would justify it as well.
>>
>>64283671
I hate women Grr. Women evil. Mary Sue. Ooga Booga. I'm a 33-year old virgin.
>>
>>64287031
Wasn't he refered to many times a one of the best pilots in the fleet?

Which implies that he has been on a few missions
>>
DEEPEST LORE

Stormtrooper JB-007 is actually a secret agent assigned to infiltrate their ranks and help the Resistance cause.
>>
>>64283671

This is the exact scene where the movie turned to shit
>>
>>64287064
>She was a Padawan all along

Oh I guess she forgot everything and shockling looked at Han Solo when he told her everything about jedi and the force was true and not a myth.
>>
>>64287077
He literally goes from Death Star infiltration to Death Star run in a matter of ten minutes m8.
>>
>>64287119
First Order is a known quantity. It isn't difficult to see why she would lie in that instance if it was known that they were hunting Jedi.
>>
>>64286929
JJ Gittes, Travis Bickle, and Harry Caul are well-written characters. They have strengths and shortcomings. They contradict themselves, they need help sometimes, they mess up sometimes. I'm not seeing how Rey compares to those characters in terms of depth (although I'm not even implying that any OT Star Wars characters do either)

>>64287064
Yes, IF

Meanwhile I'm going to operate on what we actually know
>>
>>64287126
We don't know what happend in his early years between the prequels and sequels.

He is probably affliated with the resistance because of his flying skills, who knows
>>
>>64287173
Then you are short-sighted and lack intelligence.
>>
>>64287191
Yes we fucking do. He was planning on joining the Imperial fucking Academy with his friends at the start of A New Hope you cunt.
>>
>>64287040
>Luke is a water farmer
and renowned pilot

>who proceeds to infiltrate the evil empire's base of operations
with the help of an infamous smuggler, a wookiee, a jedi master, and two droids (not to mention Leia, once they free her). Luke actually does the least out of anyone in the whole infiltration sequence, the other characters basically carry him through it

>He then destroys it in a dogfight during which everyone else dies by using le force to calculate the trajectory of an impossible shot.
He's an excellent pilot/marksman, the Force just helped him focus enough to get the shot

>Objectively speaking, you're nitpicking at best and your agenda is really obvious.
you're paranoid m8
>>
>>64287210
I'm short-sighted because I'm not willing to make things up to support theories about a poorly written story?
>>
>>64284994
third* try actually
>>
Luke never even used the light saber, and only used the force ONCE in episode 4
>>
>>64286440
I'm assuming it's like Colbert and LOTR, he just wanted to be in the movie.
>>
>>64287248

And defecting to join the Rebellion, like his friend. He explcitiely states that he hates the empire
>>
File: smelly.jpg (12 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
smelly.jpg
12 KB, 269x200
>>
How come people are comparing the faults of The Force Awakens to A New Hope as if that somehow excuses TFAs faults?

If the 7th installment of a movie franchise with a 200 million dollar budget has has the same/similar flaws to a movie made 40 years ago with an 11 million dollar budget, Id say that makes the problems even worse.
>>
>>64287031
It's established he's a pilot earlier in the movie
>>
>>64287040
>Objectively speaking, you're nitpicking at best and your agenda is really obvious.
To shit on terrible characters? You got me.
>>
>>64287040

See >>64283321
>>
>>64286343
Someone get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>64287376
Because all you do is try and narrate things according to your perspective to which refuse to accept that there is even a possibility that you might be wrong.

Self-deceit is quite an interesting character trait as well, from an objective perspective. Subjectively it makes you an annoying tit.
>>
>>64287481
big smelly dummy
>>
>>64285436

> can wield light saber well

That was a weak ass fight from both Kylo and Rey in the end. I wouldn't say they wield well.
>>
>>64286343

Speaking of which, why didn't Luke get magic visions and divinity when he tocuehd Anakin's Light Saber?
Oh yeah because the Force doesn't work that way and Abrams is a hack
>>
File: jdimsa.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
jdimsa.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>64283671
I'd let a qt Rey tighten my restraints tbqhfam
>>
>>64287666
I still can't fathom how she can pick up a lightsaber for the first time in her life and defeat a guy with extensive training and experience.
>>
>>64287740
He had wounds though. Also she used THE FORCE near the end and that somehow let her overcome him?
>>
>>
>>64287666
Kylo wasn't sure what he was dealing with. He knew that Rey had force abilities and lost his confidence in his ego, which is basically what his power is channelled by.

Look at it from his perspective - you haven't seen a jedi in years, and all of a sudden someone shows up with so much innate talent it legitimately scares you. Then that someone picks up a lightsaber wielded by A) your hero and B) the person who killed your hero.

Not even just picking it up even, full on fucking tearing it from your grasp in the middle of a battle of will.

I for one am happy that we finally have a female Jedi on screen, though i'm sure a lot of stupid fuckers won't be.
>>
>>64287774
How did she even know what to do with THE FORCE.

Did she watch the movies before the fight and learned how to wave the magic hand?
>>
>>64287708
Does it not occur to you that perhaps individuals interact with the force differently?
>>
>>64287331

You think 4chan spergs nitpicking female characters is paranoia? Jesus, kill yourself.
>>
>>64287851
Probably felt it guiding her and shit, force is a weird thing in Star Wars
>>
>>64287817

You know a character is bad when her only redemption is "b-but she's female!" Imagine if everything Rey did was done by Finn instead and how much bullshit you'd call on that.
>>
>>64287612
There's definitely a possibility that they will "fix" her character to some extent in VIII. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying as of right now, it's a really disappointing character.
>>
>>64287901
Lucas was a genius creating a universe where every single plothole and and every piece of dumb writing could be explained by something
>>
>>64287905
I like how you focused on the last part of my post exclusively to everything else.

>>64287907
> it's a disappointing character.
Which means that unlike the others there's a lot of room for growth.

Hell, at this point I wouldn't even mind if she stepped back and became a supporting character and Luke stepped in as the primary protagonist as a Jedi Master with Rey as his light-side apprentice.
>>
>>64287895
Assuming people have an "agenda" in a debate about TFA is pointless. It's also exactly what the /pol/tards criticize people for doing (defending Rey because she's a woman, Finn because he's black, etc).
>>
>>64287481
That would be a fair point if you weren't a big smelly dummy.
>>
>>64287977
Power of nerdy fans too. Shit like the Kessel Run which was supposed to be bullshit ended up becoming an actual thing.
>>
>>64287977

But even Lucas was careful enough to not overly rely on it. At least not in the OT. It's a magic power, but he never used it as a deus ex but as an enhancement of abilities that only becomes useful if you spent a lot of time understanding and training it.
Rey just goes against everything we have learned about the Force and how people make use of it and any rule that was set by Star Wars
>>
>>64287977

That's literally what religion is though. The average American believes a universe creating zombie impregnated a virgin with himself and gave them a list of rules to follow, and any criticism of the plot holes in that story are met with "but it's magic."
>>
can someone explain to me how the starkiller base works? obviously it sucked up a star to fuel its laser, but how did it fuel the first shot then? does it have massive engines that fly it to different stars?

also why didnt they just replicate the deathstar laser which had the same result and didnt require you to eat stars.
>>
>>64288122
they wanted it to look cool as fuck.
>>
>>64288110

*Tips euphoria*
>>
>>64288016
It has nothing to do with race or gender, this is just a dumb strawman.

Now, I'm not a million dollar screen writer or anything. But simple character progression, flaws and learning how to deal with them, hardships and evolution is usually something that goes into great character development.

Not just suddenly *bing* unlocking skills because it's convinient for the story.
>>
>>64288122
why even bother with lasers when you could slap thrusters on an asteroid and ram it into a planet at light speed?
>>
File: 1450655952097.gif (1 MB, 395x512) Image search: [Google]
1450655952097.gif
1 MB, 395x512
>>64285459
>>
File: 1447701107783.jpg (368 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1447701107783.jpg
368 KB, 840x700
i can forgive this. >>64287740
i can also forgive this >>64286279 (because i too laughed)
i can even go so far as to forgive this >>64284125

but what i absolutely can NEVER forgive is the fact that they said that they were blowing up a MOTHER FUCKING OSCILLATOR!!!

they dont even know what an oscillator does. they described it as something that is circular and has wires running around it with a conductive medium in the middle that stored massive amounts of energy for a short time and then discharged it in one burst. THATS NOT AN OSCILLATOR!!! thats a capacitor. these people can create, maintain, and repair the complicated electrical circuits that go into droids and space ships and they dont know what a capacitor does.
>>
>>64288016

So you can say with a straight face that if Rey were male this Mary Sue whining would still be here? You're either retarded as fuck or suffering from severe schizophrenia.
>>
>>64288239
star wars has always had horrible technology wording
>>
>>64288171

I was just informing you of the fact that Lucas adopted religion's tactics. Doing that doesn't make him a genius. "It was the Force" and "God did it" are functionally identical.
>>
>>64288195
>why even bother with lasers when you could slap thrusters on an asteroid and ram it into a planet at light speed?
That's what Gundam did. Minus the lightspeed.
>>
>>64288275
There's no male characters being called Mary Sue? (or their male equivalent, Gary Stu, but nobody uses that one). Are you being serious?
>>
>>64288007
>Which means that unlike the others there's a lot of room for growth.

Actually she doesn't. How exactly can Rey grow from here? Be trained by Luke? So she figures out Force trick we somehow should believe she can't figure out on her own like she's constantly shown? Become even more powerful although she already defeated the new Dark Lord by using the force and a lightsaber for the first time in her life?
Suddenly get flaws because she was perfect before?

It's funny because even though everyone loves her, nobody has actually really built up a conenction to her. The only one was maybe Han Solo who she described as his father figure, but he's already dead and it didn't really affect her at all.
So even the possibility of her turning to the dark side out of rage or losing a loved one is already removed.

What exactly can Rey do to become an interesting character now? She's a boring as shit Mary Sue that always does the right thing and after Luke swooning over her too and teaching her everything (VIII will be a carbon copy of V and Rey will get the Yoda training from Luke) she will be even more boring and more overpowered.
>>
>>64288337
not that guy but ok? so what? you still hate religion and are euphoric about it. your retort doesnt make sense
>>
>>64288239
admittedly if they did blow up the oscilator on "starkiller base" it would have undoubtedly ceased to function (assuming they hit the right one) but it most definitely would NOT have exploded.
>>
>>64288182

So you're complaining that a Star Wars movie is a Star Wars movie? Luke encounters hardships in A New Hope, but not any challenges that he has any difficulty overcoming. It's hard to understand how it has nothing to do with gender when you're literally crying that Rey is the same as Luke.
>>
>>64284125
> Autists cringing about perfectly fine stuff
Think of something new /tv/
>>
>>64288275

She's basically the Wesley Crusher of Star Wars. No they wouldn't call her a Mary Sue, but maybe just a horrible annoying and irritating character that everybody hates.

But Hollywood writers are actually competent enough with male characters to not make them Mary Sues. Look at Finn. I thought I was gonna hate him at first but he was actually a pretty well done character. He is not a overpowered fuck who magically gets everything handed to him and actually has to struggle in this new world he's thrown into. He's much more the new Luke than Rey is even though he doesn't get to do anything at all because Rey does everything
>>
>>64288396
She could fall to the dark side.
>>
>>64288396
>the light side will finally have an overpowered character sort of like anakin was to the dark side for years

maybe that's really the twist they going for, and going to let her go completely ham in the name of the light, but ultimately fail because of muh balance in muh force.
>>
>>64288420

My retort doesn't make sense because you're actually retarded. No, really. Every single thing about the way you type and communicate proves to me that you are either under 10 years old or have a severe mental disability. I also didn't say that I hated religion, I just acknowledge the fact that religious people are delusional and satisfied with non-explanations.
>>
Doujin of that scene when?
>>
>>64288532
>Better call him a retard!

damagecontrol.jpg
>>
>>64288122
I don't think it destroys a star with each shot. The star the planet was orbiting probably had enough fuel for multiple shots. Just think about the average size of a star compared to a planet.

However, they do say that when the star dims or the light stops shining or whatever that the weapon will be ready. I guess they suck enough energy to dim the star each time.
>>
>>64288298
so youre telling me that there wasnt a single electrician on that set who couldnt have raised hand and said "ummm guys, it doesnt work like that." the fact that that didnt happen is a failure upon a great many people. either the electrically savy people who undoubtedly helped to build the set for not speaking or the writer for not listening.
>>
>>64288532
finally someone else on this hellhole of a website that is as intellegent as me. Are you also voting for bernie? fuck all those religious troglodytes who blindly follow their new god trump. atheists will inherit the earth!
>>
File: 1449176923076.png (158 KB, 212x304) Image search: [Google]
1449176923076.png
158 KB, 212x304
WE
>>
>>64288337
Such amazing insight
>>
>>64288007
how does being a disappointing character mean there is room for growth? how do the other characters somehow not have any room for growth "unlike" her?
>>
>>64288582
>Just think about the average size of a star compared to a planet.

I think Abrams doesn't actually know there is a difference as the planet blew up to become another star with the same size
>>
>>64288527

But Anakin was pretty shit desu
Obi Wan defeated him singlehandedly. And he not only defeated him, he absolutely wrecked him. Literally
>>
>>64285230

Because form IV and manipulating the mind are exactly the same thing.

I don't even have words...
>>
>>64288611
its a problem of egos. no underlings can speak up without fear of getting fired. the same thing happens in the episode 1 behind the scenes footage, theres plenty of webms capturing the looks of horror of all the other people working on stuff whenever lucas does anything.
>>
>>64288783
yeah i cant deny that your right. i feel it safe to say that majority of his force skills went into piloting because he was a far better pilot than obi wan.
which makes sense given his childhood
>>
>>64288508
I think the movie would've been better if Rei was the one being knocked and Finn the one saving the day. You can even make Rei still do most of the fight and hurt Kylo, but in he end she is defeated by one of this force magic tricks. Just before Kylo finishes her, Finn defends her and the earth shake deus ex machina happens.

This way you show Rei is a very capable Force user and a potential jedi (again). You make Kylo a bit more threatening and a better enemy for the next movies. And allow Finn to prove he can be brave and useful. Everybody wins.
>>
File: 1448757780377.png (424 KB, 552x654) Image search: [Google]
1448757780377.png
424 KB, 552x654
>>64283671
>Three movies of Luke learning how to control the Force and becoming a jedi
>Rey instantly knows how to do everything and be a master at lightsaber fighting because the Force Awakenedâ„¢
>>
>>64283671
>you will tighten the restraints and fuck me senseless
A man can dream...
>>
If she would had heard or seen about it before, I would had understood.

She has the force, maybe she thought ''if I thought hard enough and said this I could dominate his mind, I heard tales of Jedi doing it''.

Instead it was, HEY REMOVE THESE RESTRAINTS ''le epic laugh from the crowd''.
>>
>>64288834
you should copyright that. make a porno with it. or at least make the people making the porno pay you.
>>
>>64288834

Every single thing in the post is made up. You're trying to pass off a socially retarded neckbeard's speculation as fact.

>theres plenty of webms capturing the looks of horror of all the other people working on stuff whenever lucas does anything.

A bunch of mentally retarded original trilogy Star Wars fans circle jerking something doesn't make it true. Your knowledge of body language and facial expressions are equivalent to that of a monkey. You claim to know what those people were thinking, but really you were just selectively interpreting their expressions so it came out fitting the conclusion you wanted.
>>
>>64288865

Not even that. Just don't have her go all "close eyes for 5 seconds and suddenly become Jedi master Deus Ex"
Haver her put up a fight. Maybe even let her gain force powers during the fight showing that she's crazy potent, but still have Ren beat her. Maybe even cut her arm for full pottery. Then she lies next to Finn as the ground cracks up.
Then she takes Finn and after some autisimal Ben speech she just takes him and jumps down, and is saved by Chewbacca just doing the perfect transition to V's ending so it's not a full clone of IV and we don't have to expect a V clone for VIII because the V references were already done
>>
>>64288904
She should have gotten out in another way. Even the 'picking the lock with a hairpin' cliche would have been better.

You can show a crafty intelligent and strong character without absolutely having to resort to le gandalf powers
>>
>>64288988
ok
>>
>>64288904
But she heard tales. And then Han confirmed that all of it is true.
>>
>>64288892

The way the force works, it's expected that Rey would be instantly serviceable with a lightsaber. Someone who can see slightly into the future is instantly going to be a skilled swordsman, even if they have literally zero prior sword fighting experience. Luke was instantly able to block a blaster shot. Also she isn't a "master" of anything, you're just using that description because you're biased. The way you desperately use mental gymnastics to push your agenda tells me where you're from and where you belong.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>64289093
All of it?
>>
>>64288989
>Chewie going into full autismo mode after seeing Solo killed by Ben
>Saves Finn and Rey when he jumpes down and franticly mauls Ben and they both drop to their death

Would have been a perfect way to kill Chewie off too
>>
>>64289226

Uhm I was more thinking about them jumping on the Millenium Falcon like they ended up doing anyway, but yeah that works too
>>
>>64289141
This mental gymnastics on a scale I never seen before.
>Suddenly can beat a trained skilled former jedi in light saber combat
>Can use force powers instantly, without having to learn them
>Can pilot without ever flying a ship

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>64289141
>Luke was instantly able to block a blaster shot

Except he wasn't. He was training with Obi Wan for an indefinite time and actually failed at it until Obi Wan told him to put on the helmet and instructed him on how to use the Force.
And even then Han pointed out that it's just a drone and not comparable at all to a real blaster shot.
Luke keeps using the blaster in IV because he's actually not proficient enough with the Light Saber or the Force to takeo out Storm Troopers instantly
>>
>>64289295
Reminder that Kylo is
>Wounded after being shot by Chewie
>Emotionally fucked after killing his dad (in the books it states that instead of making him stronger like he supposed it only made him weaker)
>Is new to lightsabers in combat (stated in the book). Very probably he is overreliant on force powers and doesn't know shit about lightsabers, that fucking cross is laughable
>The only experience he has with fighting off force users is killing Jedi trainees - basically he is SW equivalent of an /r9k/ school shooter
>still hasn't completed his training
>Is smitten by Rey as stated in the novel and doesn't want to kill her (wants to ‘train’ her)
>Tired after fighting Finn
>Has equipotential for Light and Dark and as the saying goes, ‘Jack of all trades is master of none’
>Has nowhere near the level of experience that Darth Vader has and isn’t even in the position/respected enough to command soldiers

Reminder that Rey is
>Experienced as a fuck with a staff (see the Finn incident) and has been living in a shithole her entire life compared to Kylo who had a great life with two loving parents
>Is still fresh from the fight
>Draws power from the dark side which is fuelled by hate (for both the interrogation and Han’s death), revenge and anger (as stated in the novel. Furthermore she attacks Kylo ‘viciously’ and he states that she wants to kill him twice)
>Luke is her dad and she is most definitely possessed of genetic destiny (Han isn't a great force user so Kylo's inheritance is potentially diminished)
>trained using a flight simulator
>>
>>64287814
TRAITOR
>>
>>64289295

What kind of mental illness would a person have to have to just leave out the fact that Kylo was mortally wounded in the center of his fucking body when discussing the fact that he lost a fight? I can't get over how retarded everyone here is. How are all of you this stupid?
>>
>>64289402
>in the books
FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>64289397

>And even then Han pointed out that it's just a drone and not comparable at all to a real blaster shot

He blocked a projectile while blindfolded because an old guy told him to use his feelings. My god, kill yourself. This damage control is fucking embarrassing. If Rey is a Mary Sue then so is Luke. This is not a debatable topic.
>>
>>64289431
The type of mentally ill retard who doesn't even bother reading the side material even when it is posted on a wiki solely dedicated to spoonfeeding for retards.
>>
>>64289431

Because the movie didn't portray his wound being the reason why he suddenly was overpowered at all. Rey closed her eyes and suddenly went Avatar State on him. It didn't make the impression that the wound made a difference and it's doubtful that it actually did.
Even if it did, what do we take from that? Kylo going all "This isn't even my final form!"? Doesn't change that Rey defeated him with no training at all and straight overpowered him and is now gonna be trained to maximize her Sue powers. No matter if Kylo completes his power and then fights at 100%, Rey had ten times worse the handicap as she HAD NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL FIGHTING EITHER A FORCE USER OR A LIGHTSABER. And she's just gonna surpass Kylo even by so much more once she actually does get trained
>>
>>64289402
Reminder that
>Being injured doesn't diminish your ability to use the force
>Being new with lightsabers doesn't mean he is new to melee weapons.
If Rey was trained with a staff wouldn't it make sense that Kylo was trained as well?

>Trained using a flight simulator
Jesus Christ the gymnastics start.
>Still fresh
>Was thrown up into a tree with a hard force push
>Draws power from the dark side
Wouldn't that make her worse at fighting and make her an evil character anyway?
>Luke is her dad
dropped
>>
>>64289402
>Tired after fighting Finn, the stormtrooper

BWHAHAHAHA
>>
>>64289431

They could at least put some more effort into choreography and made it more realistic

inb4 " star wars huuurrrr realism "
>>
>>64287814
TAYLOR
>>
>>64289545

Poe's Law. If you're trying to be ironic, you're doing a horrible job at it, so I'm gonna argue anyway

>scene specifically to show that Luke actually receives training
>also to show that Luke is a novice and just learning the absolute basics
>further shown that he actually doesn't use the Light Saber in real combat
>proceeds to be useless for the rest of the movie until the climax
>Mary Sue
>>
>>64289613
>>64287814
>>64289404
THAT POST, IT BELONGS TO ME.
>>
>>64289560

Wait, what? He was shot with a projectile that was knocking soldiers backwards into the air. Did I actually just read you saying it wasn't clear if that made a difference in the fight? How do you get the impression that you're qualified to hold opinions when you're this stupid?
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1242x2208
I'm here for the shitposting
>>
>>64289617

He doesn't receive training, an old guy gives him a platitude. Being told to use the force is not training, it's just being told to use the force. Are you retarded?
>>
>All these shitposts about Rey being trained before in the Force before the movie began.

She literally says she thought Luke was a myth
>>
>>64289656

Because Kylo Ren was still straight up dominating her until Rey went Deus Ex and acquired a sudden power burst.
He still could knock her 20 feet into the air and knock her out easily
Even with his wounds he still is the more experienced fighter both in using the force as well as in Lightsaber combat.

And maybe it's because we're talking about a villain in a universe where we got Vader, a guy who's constant state is "mortally wounded" and he's still the most dangerous Sith there is.
>>
>>64289718
>He doesn't receive training
>Every single movie spents a significant amount of screen time literally showing him training against the flying laser droid, and going on a spiritual field trip with Yoda
>>
>>64285504
Would be awkward if it was revealed Luke birthed her seahorse-style
>>
>>64289570
>If Rey was trained with a staff wouldn't it make sense that Kylo was trained as well?
>what is 'Kylo hasn't finished his training yet'

>Jesus Christ the gymnastics start.
Read 'Before the Awakening' (it's on Kat). TFA is literally shitty Aldnoah.zero tier writing with all the canon material to fill the inexplicable plot holes in the side books to sell money.

>Wouldn't that make her worse at fighting and make her an evil character anyway?
>implying she isn't already an evil character
>implying that she isn't nu!Revan

>Luke is her dad
>implying that Disney wouldn't pull the most obvious and shit twist
>>
>>64289739
yes but her memory was wiped in a scene I imagined, therefore the movie is well-written :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 640x960
>>64289647
jej
>>
>>64289718

>Literally using a training drone to train Luke's force sensitivy and reaction
>LOL IT'S NOT TRAINING XD

Again, poe's law. You're a legitimate retard, nothing else
>>
>>64287814
TRAITOR
>>
rey is LITERALLY the force

she's like the actual force in human form

thats why she is OP
>>
File: 21NrqBp.png (39 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
21NrqBp.png
39 KB, 500x518
>>64289785
>>
>>64289785
I'm sorry man, when did Rey receive her training? She completed her training by a weapons expert right?
>>
>>64289829

Fan Speculation until proven to be true. And even then she'd be another Anakin. Remember how much everybody loved Anakin in the prequels?
>>
Reminder that Kylo was the good guy all along and Rey was the evil one who got mind wiped like in Kotor.
>>
>>64289804

We see him fail to block the bolt, saying "it's impossible," and then succeed on the very next attempt because an old guy told him to use his feelings. That's not training, that's being a Mary Sue. He's also an expert at dogfighting in space with no prior experience being shot at. Luke becomes proficient at a previously impossible task because a ghost tells him to use the force.
>>
AN SOLO, UR A DED MON
>>
>>64289560

Rey being so naturally intuitive with the Force would actually be a good setup to her blowing off training and becoming arrogant/over-confident to the point where she's tempted by the easy path.

Kylo will put in the extra work to complete his training, fueled by rage over Rey beating him. Then he'll slap her shit and she'll need to either put some work in or go Dark Side to take the quick and easy path to victory.

They've actually set up a lot of potential for the future movies to have interesting development and character interactions. People are just too short-sighted and uncreative to think of the possibilities.

Is Rey a Mary Sue? Maybe you can call her that. Basically she's a Force prodigy who's naturally in tune with the Force in a way most people aren't. But that's where the complacency can start to set in. Like that kid who was really smart and didn't need to study in school but then his laziness caused him to fall behind and he ended up not getting into college and only having shit jobs because he never figured out the value of hard work before it was too late. Rey could easily become that and it could lead interesting places.
>>
>>64289916
>Being instructed in how to do something is not training

just stop anon
>>
>>64289786

Why do Star Wars fans suddenly care how their movies are written? The originals are full of nonsense, terrible writing, and totally unrealistic behavior by characters. The OT is a collection of three horrible movies if you judge them outside the context of being kiddie movies for manchildren.
>>
>>64289570
>>Being injured doesn't diminish your ability to use the force

Using the force requires concentration. An injury is a pretty big distraction. As is killing your father and suddenly realizing you feel more conflicted than you expected about it.

Remember in Empire Strikes Back when Luke is practicing with Yoda and his thoughts briefly wander to Han and Leia and he just completely drops his force powers? Same principle with Kylo.
>>
>>64283671
whats worse is that you have to hear it in London voice. pass the barf bags please.
>>
>>64290026
But if that was the case Rey should had been as conflicted as Kylo as she just lost one of her only friends and Finn was rekt'd
>>
>>64290026
>The Dark Jedi Apprentice, the second in command of The First Order, is worse than a random scavanger girl who had one vision and a random foot marine.

Him being conflicted, wounded and vulnable is great, but it should have never been an even fight to begin with.
>>
>>64289916

>an old guy
>a ghost

Casually ignoring that that "old guy" is a Jedi Master who did nothing else but train Jedis?

Failing and then suceeding is the typical progression of training. You just trying to make it sound succinct doesn't change that. He didn't solve any problem with that, the only purpose of the scene was to show that Luke was literally getting trained by Obi Wan. And also only the absolute basics because he couldn't do more advanced stuff yet. That came later when Yoda trained him.

And stop the "Luke has no experience at flying" meme. The one ONE thing that was constantly said about Luke in the entire movie was that he was a good flyer. It was the one character trait that they always said about Luke but never showed off and in the climax that was his time to shine. Gee it's like it was all building up to that moment through logical and sound plot and character progression!
And even then he didn't just singlehandedly take out the Death Star. He was accompanied by his friends and a lot of other expert pilots (and Luke wasn't really better than them. The top dogs all got taken out by Vader and Vader would've taken out Luke, too if Han didn't return for the last moment)

Yes Luke finally was able to use the force in a crucial moment, but he still didn't do anything more than just feel the force. He didn't just suddenly get a power burst and sent Vaders's ship flying. He did the most basic feat you can do with the force while training it the whole movie.
>>
>>64290130

No, anon. That's you speculating on a possible alternative, not reality, and not how anything "should" be. Is this board satire?
>>
>>64289916
You're beaten it's useless to resist!
>>
>>64283671
Tell that to katakana cabal
>>
Can we all agree that it would have been good reverse poetry to have Rey fail and just have it end with the restraints being tightened?

1. Finn would get to do something heroic without Rey sabotaging it
2. It would show First Order stormtroopers to be more disciplined and stronger willed
3. It would let Rey develop her force powers over several movies, rather than 10 min
>>
>>64290237

>>64289037
>>
>>64290181

Excusing Luke destroying the Death Star because he's good at flying is identical to excusing a character rolling with Navy SEALs because they have excellent aim on a gun range. Worse, actually, since in a space battle threats come from 360 degrees. Oh, and they were flying low over an enemy space station covered in fucking turrets. You're an unfathomably stupid person and the more you "argue" the more I cringe. There is objectively nothing that makes Luke less of a Mary Sue than Rey.
>>
>>64290237
>Can we all agree that it would have been good reverse poetry to have Rey fail and just have it end with the restraints being tightened?

Legitimately expected that to happen.

>1. Finn would get to do something heroic without Rey sabotaging it

Can't have muh strong independent womyn be saved by a man
I can already tell you that Rey will NEVER EVER be saved by Finn in the entire Trilogy. He will always try but fail
>>
>>64286279
The close ups of him always made me think of Andre the Giant.
>>
>>64290130

Kylo said Rey thought of Han as a father figure and she clearly is attached to Finn by this point. Seeing Kylo wreck both of them wouldn't make her conflicted, it would give her resolve. By this point, she wants Kylo fucking dead.

Kylo was conflicted because he murdered his own father. He thought it would unlock the Dark Side somehow, but it left him still feeling uncertain. He's trying to figure out what the fuck to make of it. It's not even remotely the same.

>>64290151

See: >>64289947

I think the way things played out in TFA has a lot of potential. The writers will probably fuck it all up, though, which will be disappointing to the core.
>>
>>64290336
>Legitimately expected that to happen.

Same, I was really disappointed when it did work though.
>>
>>64290331

He wasn't "just" good at flying. He had back up from his friends, he followed a strategy the entire team followed and Han Solo saved him last minute.
But of course you won't care about all that because you're just a shitposter who wants to defend his Rey Sue waifu.
Never mind that NOBODY EVER called Luke a Mary Sue before Rey and that it's an absolutely retarded claim and that evidently so.
Luke is a character in a story that relies on many characters doing their part. Luke didn't do anything useful for the most part of the movie and Han was more of a hero than he was.
Rey is just Luke, Han, Obi Wan and Leia all put in one character and solves every single problem that's thrown at her with ease. There is no struggle, there is no conflict, there is no story. Just Mary Sue parading over the entire cast while the suppsoed main characters all swoon over how awesome she is
>>
According to what information I can find, Luke destroys the Death Star about a week after he finds Obi-Wan Kenobi as a 19 year old water farmer.

If you need more information than that to stop calling Rey a Mary Sue then you're definitely an idiot.
>>
>>64290331
>comparing a space adventure for children to Navy SEALs

not even that guy but you are a retard, the point of the scene was to show luke as a novice. Secondly he got lucky in destroying the deathstar, and even luckier destroying it and escaping alive (because Han saved his ass), MaRey Sue can never be rescued by anyone cause shes a strong independent woman while Luke is getting his ass saved by other guys all the time, Vader even saved him from dying. At this point you're just trying to bait to continue the argument even though you clearly lost
>>
>>64290331
>There is objectively nothing that makes Luke less of a Mary Sue than Rey.
She's good at everything and everybody loves her for no other reason than she's the star of the movie. This is not difficult.
>>
>>64290336
>>64290237

Also it reminded me of what Anita Sarkeesian thinks a good story looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKtFfHIGrA
>>
>MaREY Sue
>>
>>64283671
TELL ADA KANGIKLUB
>>
>>64290486
Was that before or after he mastered the force with no training at all and was loved and admired by everyone instantly?
>>
>>64290482

Luke being a great pilot is just throwaway backstory to justify what a Mary Sue he is. Those lines were shoehorned in to horrible, unintentionally comedic effect.

>"It isn't that hard to hit a small ventilation shaft on a moon-sized space station while being shot at by trained soldiers after my entire team and childhood friend were just brutally killed! I used to bullseye rats back home under equally strenuous conditions! I'm a teenager who was farming water a few days ago, but listen to me speak confidently in a room full of trained combat pilots!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again... fans of the original star wars trilogy are not only delusional but honestly bad people. You're so stupid and you have zero awareness to recognize that you're not allowed to debate anything with anyone. Your double standards are either incredibly sad or incredibly hilarious or both simultaneously.
>>
>>64290544
Ehh theres nothing wrong with a female protagonist being proactive, Leia was strong but not Mary Sue-ish the most mary sue thing she did was resist interrogation.

I always compare Rey to Anderson from Dredd she's a good female protag that progresses over the the course of the film (she gets more confident in her own abilities) She escapes capture on her own but in a way thats not retarded like how Rey did, whats hard to understand about this?
>>
>>64290696

You clearly don't know what a Mary Sue is.
Luke is not overly competent at everything. He does not immediately swoon everyone. He doesn't do everything better than what everyone is best at respectively.
Yes he's a good flyer. It's his skill. Much like Han being a badass and a good shooter is his skill and how Leia being headstrong and quick to act is hers. It's what makes them individual characters that work together in a whole story and Luke doesn't overshadow anyone. As I keep saying, Luke is pretty useless throughout the entire movie until the finale. He is the hero. The entire movie has been building up to that one moment. If you actually think "Those lines were shoehorned in to horrible, unintentionally comedic effect." you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>64290482
>refusing to acknowledge that the franchise is shit and has been shit since the prequel trilogy and that Anakin, Luke and Rey are all the worst types of Mary Sue
>refusing to acknowledge that Star Wars was never even good as scifi with space magic jesus bullshit tier plot and always was a mass marketing scam to sell itself to the biggest possible demographic and to sell toys
>Star Wars more like 'we have black and white morality and nothing in between and every dark side force user is legitimately evil'
>refusing to acknowledge that Rey is just one shit in the shittiest fanfiction tier plot complete with a Vader clone, a Luke clone, a Han Solo clone and a literal Death Star clone to exist
Starwars fags will still defend this.
>>
>>64290696
Mister if you don't know what the term Mary Sue means you shouldn't try to debate with someone over it.
>>
>>64290696

Did you ever notice they describe the ventilation shaft as being 2 METERS wide, and Luke says he used to bullseye wamp rats who weren't much larger than that? I think the writers didn't realize that 2 meters isn't actually all that short a distance... Apparently the rodent pests on Tatooine were each the size of 1.5 full grown men.
>>
File: back-to-reddit.jpg.jpg (229 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
back-to-reddit.jpg.jpg
229 KB, 717x880
>>64290849
>mister
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.