[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what fucking idiot decided that this was even a remotely good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
So what fucking idiot decided that this was even a remotely good idea?

Everyone on /tv/ these days is talking about TFA ruining a legacy and shitting on source material which, by the way, no, you're wrong and stupid, but no one ever remembers that this one did it first.

Holy FUCK this movie is godawful. At least the first AVP tried to keep the spirit intact.
>>
>>64280770
Alien died when they decided to make a sequel to Aliens. Avp2 just dug the grave deeper
>>
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>64280814
At least Alien3 and Resurrection were all part of the same story, so they had a solid base to work with.

AVPR, and to a lesser extent AVP, were just some Fox exec playing with some toys and not knowing why people liked those toys in the first place.
>>
>>64280770
Ridley Scott certainly never envisioned a plot point in an Alien film that involved keys being lost in the sewer.
>>
>>64281000
He was probably foaming at the mouth with pure fucking rage when he finally sat down to watch it.
And the unrated cut is just as bad, if not worse. They didn't even fix the fucking lighting.
>>
>>64280770
I just wanted to see predators stomping on aliens. pretty much just like the comics which, similar to the EU, had some great and terribly stupid stories. the action was fun but one of the biggest issues was setting it in modern day. come on, we need more space marine smart guns!
>>
>>64281214
Too bad Ridleys gonna do even more damage now
>>
>>64281417
Prometheus is fucking leagues better than both of the AVP movies.

>>64281376
Making the setting contemporary just ruins the whole fucking enchilada, at least Prometheus came along and fixed the timeline.
>>
>>64281820
>Prometheus is fucking leagues better than both of the AVP movies.

Not that anon, but with the retconned jockeys Ridley did more harm to the continuity and the mythology as a whole than the two AVPs ever could.

The shitty ancient aliens backstory and some of the expedition scenes were copy/paste crap from the first AVP btw. Very fucking disappointed with Ridley.
>>
>>64282678
Ah, shit. I forgot about the space jockeys.
So yeah, you're right.

But at least it retconned the AvP movies out of the timeline, what with the different Weyland origins. It also removes all the implications of the general public knowing about the shit that went down in Requiem.
Before prometheus, its easy to assume that the town getting nuked by Weyland Yutani would be public knowledge by the time Alien rolls around. With that in mind, there is NO WAY that they wouldnt know about the Xenomorphs or what their weaknesse are, thus making the Colonial Marines from Aliens look like complete fucking morons.
One could assume that WY completely scrubbed it from public knowledge, though.
>>
AVPR is the third best Alien movie
>>
>>64283116
I don't think you're just supposed to think of the AVP movies as their own timeline anyway. They really don't make sense if they're in the same continuity of either series
>>
>>64283169
Here's your (You)
>>
File: 1446769074297.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1446769074297.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>64280770
>This Christmas there will be no peace on Earth

Jesus Christ, this has to be one of the worst taglines I ever read.
>>
>>64283432
I honestly can't think of one thats worse.

>>64283292
Its just baffling to me that people at Fox actually approved the script. Like what in the actual hell.

And dont even get me started on the special effects. The CGI is already garbage, and a lot of the practical effects are terrible too. And Im a major proponent of more practical stuff in films. Hell, even simple things like the fucking lighting were bad. It doesnt take a fucking college grad to light a fight scene.
>>
>>64283116
AVPs were cheap fun spin-off stories. Prometheus tries to re-invent the wheel and blow your mind, but it crashes and burns.

>It also removes all the implications of the general public knowing about the shit that went down in Requiem.
Nobody knows shit except for a handful of survivors. WY didn't nuke the town; Weyland isn't in a partnership with Yutani yet in the movie.

>there is NO WAY that they wouldnt know about the Xenomorphs or what their weaknesse are
It's clear from the movie that they don't know or learn anything about them. Yutani acquiring some Predator tech is the only new thing introduced here, with the slight implication that this might have jumpstarted our space age technology.

As a prequel I'll take this any day over the retconned jockeys and Mr. Weyland being a cartoon villain with Biff Tannen's old man make-up bantering his retarded Captain Ahab/Mr. Tyrell crap.

Man, it makes me sad thinking about it. Requiem was a trashy B movie I loved to hate and make fun of, but this is some Episode I-tier stuff. How do you want your legacy today, Sir Ridley?

>>64283292
Watch Alien and Prometheus again and say that it makes sense in the same continuity, I dare you.
>>
>>64284155
In AVPR its not exactly implied nor explicitly stated that the survivors have to keep any secrets.

And in the first one, Weyland fucking died. Sure the company cold have outright lied to the public about the circumstances, but they'd still be without a CEO. there is no way in hell that the last girl would be keeping any secrets, either.
>>
>>64285057
>In AVPR its not exactly implied nor explicitly stated that the survivors have to keep any secrets.

Military chick would know it's a bad idea to blabber about it. Who would believe them about aliums anyway?

>Weyland fucking died.
Weyland was dying of cancer, he was nearing his death no matter what. (Another tired plot element re-used in Prommie.)

>no way in hell that the last girl would be keeping any secrets, either.
Given that she manages to get from Antarctica alive. Again, who would believe her though?
>>
File: rstones.png (921 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
rstones.png
921 KB, 1366x768
>>64280770
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.