[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be OK with Luke dying in episode 8/9? http://straw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
Would you be OK with Luke dying in episode 8/9?
http://strawpoll.me/6385118
>>
>>64279906

100000% he becomes a force ghost. SCREENSHOT THIS
>>
I'm okay with anyone dying if it makes the story better.
>>
Yes, just don't kill based Leia.
>>
>>64279906
No
If rey doesnt die and Luke doesn't save the day in the end,I will be upset
>>
>>64279906
it doesn't matter IF he dies, because we know in advance it will be in a poorly-executed or anticlimactic way.
>>
He has to die. The new movies need to focus on the new generation. Even having him in the background would take attention away from them.
>>
>>64279906
Only in IX, I'm already a bit pissed we didn't have time with all of them together (now that's impossible).
>>
There's a lot of pottery in the sequel trilogy but if they kill Luke leaving rey to be the last jedi and having eey rebuild the order I swear to god i will flip my shit

>episode 10 plot, first order reforms as the second order, rey goes into hiding while the third republic stands by and does nothing
>>
>>64280028
well given that he's guaranteed to come back as a Force Ghost, the new leads better not mind being upstaged.
>>
No. They already killed Han, if they just go through killing the entire old cast it will be incredibly repetitive. Maybe do it in IX but definitely not in VIII.
>>
>>64280067
I'm not THAT confident (I mean, I enjoyed TFA quite a bit, but...), but I hope they actually depart from the POTTERY.

One film retreating shit and poterrying the shit out of a previous one is enough.
>>
>>64280071
Force Ghost is fine, because then he can't actively change anything. Being alive changes that, because then everyone will be wanting him to resolve the conflict instead of the new cast.
>>
Chewie will be next and if Lando ever returns he will be even more expendable than Han.
>>
>>64280131
He will get fucked up. Put in the a "Darth Vapor TM" suit. End scene.
"No. I am my father" "NOOOOOO"
fade to black
>>
desu it's so expected at this point that keeping him alive would be the more interesting choice
>>
>>64280067
>I swear to god i will flip my shit

OH NO
I'M SURE DISNEY WILL BE SO SAD THAT YOU DIDN'T LIKE A MOVIE THEY THEMSELVES DIDN'T CARE ABOUT
>>
>>64279906
Yea at the end 8 and Poe or Finn should die early in 9.whoever lives should be Rey's pet on the end of a chain while she rules the galaxy with Leia.
>>
>>64280170
>Ren squares up to Luke
>Luke: "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine"
>Ren: "I AM THE MASTER NOW"
>Ren attacks
>Luke blocks, looking smugly at the camera while the in-studio audience cheers
>>
>>64279906
I hope he does. Same with Leia (or just have her not appear much in these movies, like they did with Jar Jar).

New trees need space to grow. For that to happen, we've got to get rid of some old pines.
>>
>>64280367
Why euthanasia is illegal I'll never understand.
>>
>>64280268
I'd honestly like that. They should just mock any potential pottery for trolling purposes.
It's also consistent with Kylo constantly fucking up.
>>
Luke's power level is going to be beyond extreme in episode 8, but he wont show it often. They already made Rey OP so it only makes sense for her master to be even more OP
>>
That would be stupid, predictable, and forced

So you know they're absolutely going to do it
>>
>>64280447
>Star Wars should become tongue-in-cheek and meta

I'm sure those days will be upon us sooner than we think
>>
>>64280584
I guess it doesn't sound so good when you word it like that, but I'd take it over blind copypasta.
>>
Rey teach luke how to use the force like her, luke becomes the apprentice and Rey the Jedi Master. She also then turns into a force ghost by her own force brain and turns herself into a force arrow of light that flies across the galaxy ridding all evil.

Episode 9 is where they all head to naboo for a massive orgy. Finn and poe finally get it on and both of them penetrative each other using the force . The ending scene is rey spraying her gash juice all offer jar Jar binks, he turns to the camera and says

MEESA JAR JAR BINKS

end credits. What an ebin adventure :^)
>>
he might die in episode 9, like Yoda did in ROTJ. But not in Episode 8
>>
everyone should die excpet c3p0 and r2d2, so we end the trilogy as it began.
>>
>>64280655
Han dies in VII, Finn replaces him as the comic relief.
Luke dies in VIII, Rey replaces him as the orphaned Jedi forced to redeem blood (her brother Ben)
Leia dies of old age in XI, Poe replaces him as Republic General

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

I want Luke to survive, but his sacrifice is a narrative inevitability.
>>
No, Luke is the hero of Star Wars for me.

No Luke no Star Wars.
>>
>>64279906
The question mentions "leaving Rey to be the last Jedi". So no. I would be fine with Luke dying, but I would like for him to successfully reestablish the Jedi first.
>>
>>64280775
>brother

More like cousin, if they were related then Han and Leia would have went out of their way to give her dem real daughteru hugs.
>>
>>64280914
Literally symphonic music blasting both times Han and Leia hugged her.

They had to hide her on Jakku after Kylo's training failed since they knew Snoke would send him after her - more poetry with ANH.
>>
>>64279906
I'd like it if at least one of the original cast's characters lived to see the happy ending of everything they worked for.
>>
>>64281017
Only Leia hugged her though

Even Finn got to hug her while Han didn't
>>
>>64279906
Episode IX, after telling Rey that she's, in fact, related to Kylo Ren, and warning her about underestimating the powers of the Emp...Snoke.
>>
>>64281084
That whole 'job offer' scene was Han's version of a hug.
>>
>>64280834
i agree
would have been better with only the original cast in ep7-9 and a better story and a better...
>>
>>64280584
We're already there.

>And I'll drop my gun
>WRONG FUSE
>It is I, C-3PO!
>>
>no "i don't give a single fuck" option

ya done goofered OP
>>
I'm OK as long as he becomes a Sith lord beforehand
>>
>>64281173
this.

I am so over this fucking franchise.
>>
>>64280067
This. I wanna see Luke fuck shit up and rebuild the Jedi order, fuck that Mary Sue chick.
>>
File: 1450548087117.jpg (7 KB, 281x283) Image search: [Google]
1450548087117.jpg
7 KB, 281x283
>>64280652
Top kek.
>>
File: poll.jpg (70 KB, 1048x462) Image search: [Google]
poll.jpg
70 KB, 1048x462
It seems we are at an impasse.
>>
>>64279950
>all major Jedi have become force ghosts after death
>I BET LUKE IS GONNA FORCE GHOST GUYS, SCREENSHOT MY POST I HAVE INSIDER INFORMATION
>>
>>64279906

Are you implying he won't?
>>
If he dies it better be in IX and it better be in a blaze of glory.
>>
Better not, Luke IS star wars for me
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.