[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, if there is a conceivable way to fix Star Wars, honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: star wars kylo ren jfmsu.jpg (97 KB, 793x598) Image search: [Google]
star wars kylo ren jfmsu.jpg
97 KB, 793x598
Seriously, if there is a conceivable way to fix Star Wars, honestly how would you?

I didn't find the First Order terrifying, or intimidating, so second question is: How would you make them more threatening?
>>
>>64279423
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

he has the JUST haircut

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

just fuck my shit up senpai t.b.h f.a.m.

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

familia
>>
>>64279423
I KNOW! MAKE THE DEATH STAR SUPER SUPER BIGGER!
>>
>>64279423
Clearly Starkiller base wasn't big enough. They need a dyson sphere sized death star that draws power from a binary system.
>>
>>64279423
The Imperial Remnant seemed pretty menacing to me with their planet-destroying technology and blatant Nazi imagery. Let's not forget that they are not an Empire at this point, but simply a separate government from the Republic.
>>
>>64279423

The entire "Starkiller Destroys An Entire System" feels so rushed that it never has the horrifying impact that it should. I dunno, might be better to start off by showing them kidnapping and enslaving people, then later on, perhaps in the second movie, reveal that the slaves were being forced to make the Starkiller Base. THEN, have it fire and kill the Republic or whatever, but give the station proper build-up before having it fire.

Finn said that he was kidnapped as a child, so he could easily be motivated by a desire to prevent that from happening to others. It definitely would have given him a better motivation than "I want to bang Rey" which is basically his entire motivation in the third act of TFA.
>>
>>64279663
I completely agree.
>>
It could have stuck with being fantasy/Laurence of Arabia in space. Instead it has committed the same error as Lucas in the prequels: actually taking the retarded neckbeard EU and lore seriously. As soon as the name "Snoke" was used with a straight face and Jedi Orders I knew it had flopped.
>>
File: sw just.jpg (11 KB, 141x144) Image search: [Google]
sw just.jpg
11 KB, 141x144
>>64279423
DAT HAIR
>>
>>64279423
They should have been investing in improved storm troopers similar to a super solider program.

It also would have been a good idea to have them actually being charitable to planets to support for their cause to expand their influence across the galaxy.

Finally, Snoke should have been looking to find, identify and kidnap as many force sensitive users that he could find so he could turn them to the Dark side and build up his Sith ranks.
>>
>>64280995
>It also would have been a good idea to have them actually being charitable to planets to support for their cause to expand their influence across the galaxy.
Woah, buddy calm down. This is Star Wars not LoGH. :^)
>>
>>64279423

JUST
>>
>>64279663
People talk about Finn's motivation but remember it was his first mission besides santation, furthermore the stormtroopers were brainwashed if they didn't comply hence hux talking about rehabilitation
>>
>>64279495
delete this post
>>
they should have played up the angle of the entire new order being a bunch of kidnapped kids raised to love papa snoke and the new order, since kylo and hux were so young

they mentioned the stormtroopers being kidnapped but it really didn't make them feel any more different to the old stormtroopers or the old empire

which i suppose was the point of the entire movie
>>
>>64282151
I'm just saying wouldn't it have been cooler to see the First Order manipulating planets through charitable efforts at first but have it all be part of a broader more sinister scheme.

That's much more interesting then the usual blow up the planets story line.
>>
>>64279423
>How would you make them more threatening?
Give them some sort of motivation other than just being the bad guys
Give Ren a bit of volume to that 2D personality
Not fuck about with the general tone of the film by playing Stormtroopers for (admittedly good) laughs
>>
>>64282969
>volume to that 2D

I like you, anon. Can we be friends?
>>
>>64279663
The movie is about Rey and Finn doing force shit, the deathstar is the B plot. You know, like RotJ.
>>
File: goahr072ayqpugihqekl.jpg (43 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
goahr072ayqpugihqekl.jpg
43 KB, 620x400
>>64279423
GUMMO
>>
>>64279846
Snoke is no more ridiculous than most Star Wars names.
>>
>>64279663
>feels so rushed

Everything about this movie feels so rushed.

The CGI is mediocre, there are mediocre green screens, a lot of pointless scenes that should have never even made it into the final product, the ending shots on the island felt rushed to fucking shit (Seriously helicopter go-pro shot? what the fuck?), the script feels rushed, Snoke is halfassed (why could Snoke ONLY be done with CGI? He's fucking identical to Voldermort)

Honestly it felt like they probably filmed this entire movie over a week or two then spent the rest of the time in editing.

As someone else said, it feels like a 2 hours of a 3 hour movie and probably a lot ended up on the cutting room floor. (which would be in line with the original New Hope as well)
>>
>>64279423
>the force, Ben
>JUST use it
>>
File: Darth-Plagueis-1-850x560.jpg (48 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Plagueis-1-850x560.jpg
48 KB, 850x560
>>64279423
Darth Plagueis = Snoke.
>>
>>64279423
Why was this a promotional picture? They never near a cold planet. Did they goof and post a pic for the next movie in Hoth?
>>
>>64287775
They are literally on a snow planet in the last third of the film you retarded fuck.
>>
>>64279423
This is what I would do. The first movie would be the rise of the first order, and show how it came to power after the fall of the empire.

Finn would be conditioned to belief in the views of the first order, and I would make him higher in command. He eventually gets captured an shown/deconditioned. He flees the rebel camp, but can't go back to the first order due to the new knowledge he has.

Luke skywalker runs a school with some promising pupils (rey), well some are good, others feel the taint of the dark side, and begin to secretly dwelve into the dark art.
>>
>>64287870
>ignoring the 30 year time gap
>whole movie about politics
kill me now
>>
Obviously spoilers

I just saw the movie and was disappointed. Scenes existed just to patch up an already weak plot while others went on for far too long (Han and the smuggled aliens).

For a movie that is supposedly about finding the pieces of the map and then getting to Luke, you don't get a lot of either. The super death star just kind of shows up in the middle of the movie and then becomes the focus. Luke is pushed towards being the anticlimactic ending. And the plot only got there by R2D2 being relegated to the duty of deus ex machina.

There are two plot holes so bad that the movie acknowledges them and then brushes them off without explaining what actually happened.

The first is when Rey discovers Luke's lightsaber. She asks how the owner of the cantina found it, and she gets a non-answer.

The second is when Poe shows up after being presumably killed. Finn asks Poe how he got back to the Rebellion HQ. Poe starts saying, "Well, we (Poe and Finn) crashed on Jukka and then...that doesn't matter! Tell me about you!"

Seriously, the plot is fucking weak. I have a bad memory of the prequels. But this movie does not stand on its own two feet imho.
>>
>>64279423
make them more like isis and less like stormtroopers/nazis etc

at most make them wear old troopers outfit but all old and fucked up. Essentially turn the boomer fantasy of "good anti-imperialists" of the ewoks on its head.

The villain doesnt need to be perfect, nazi-organized, clean and over-powered and totalitarian. Just drop the white guilt and make savages villains again.

Also Kylo should be a good guy who infiltrated the dark side to know it intimatly and have the power to defeat it, like Luke in that story, but he loses it a bit. Like Donnie Brasco.

Rey is too powerful to be a interesting hero but enough to be a challenging villain. Maker her either the new vader or the new palpatine
>>
>>64288753
There was a pre-pre-pre trailer that showed Luke's light saber drifting in space, so I guess episode 8 is when they'll tell us the story.
>>
> LE HAHAHAH STAR WARS IS SHIT YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK YOUR FUCKING MEMES YOU SHITTY FUCKING KEK GODDAMN IT I HOPE YOU GET ANALY RAPED FUCK YOU FUCK UFCK FUCK UYOU YOUS BPEICE P FU SHIT FUCKING CUNT YOU WEHF SDUFH FUCK YOUR MOTHEr ASS
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.