[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk about this AGAIN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: ewok.jpg (66 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ewok.jpg
66 KB, 480x270
About 10 minutes of ROTJ are unwatchable, not bad not passable but garbage you know this to be true.
>ewoks intro
>ewoks fight scenes

V and IV > III and VI >> VII >> I and II

pd I with english jar jar dub is also unwatchable
>>
>>64277078
Literally nothing is wrong with the ewoks, jar jar is in offencive. Hating ewoks is a meme
>>
pd: VII is refurbished shit
>>
>>64277130
Only a fucking 10 year old could like them
>>
VII was miles ahead of prequels and VI. At least it didn't have any unwatchable scenes or unintentionally cringeworthy lines.
>>
>>64277196
Tell that to KANJAKLUB and the mindtrick scene
>>
VI is better than III regardless of the Ewok scenes you autist.
>>
>>64277078
only 10 minutes?

that's about 40 minutes fewer at least than any of the movies that followed it
>>
>>64277078
It takes 40 minutes of total runtime to get Han and leave Tatooine

40 minutes

Almost an entire fucking hour

Of

Nothing
>>
>>64277078
everyone knows ewoks were a mistake.
>>
File: deadewok.jpg (57 KB, 355x302) Image search: [Google]
deadewok.jpg
57 KB, 355x302
>>64277078

>Hating the ewoks

This scene alone stirs more powerful emotions than anything in TFA, even Han's death.
>>
>>64277078
Ewoks are based
>>
>>64277078

I don't have a problem with Ewoks. They contribute to the feel of a lived-in universe which is one of the big appeals of Star Wars
>>
>>64277306
[ewok grief noises intensify]

seriously though, great sound design
>>
>>64277196
Maz entire character is cringeworthy.
>>
>>64277078
I think they're kinda cute but creepy at times, with Jar Jar George pushed his luck too much

What saves this movie is Luke being a complete badass, I love Mark Hamill (No homo)
>>
>>64277257
>implying jabbas palace isnt a GOAT/10 introductory sequence.

Its also there to inform the audience about what luke has been up to.

It isn't a great segway into the movie propper, but stands up fine on its own.
>>
>>64277196
When did it become a meme to hate Return of the Jedi?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I

Sure, it's not Empire Strikes Back, but its still pretty good. Far better than VII

The cinematography of the final duel trumps all of VII or the prequels
>>
>>64277257
That part makes sense and OP dont hate that we are talking about ewoks here.

You cant watch the best scenes in the trilogy because of the intermission of ewok fights
>>
>>64277196
wtf VII has no STORY no goddam pace no emotion
just the duel has a fucking deux ex machina and mary sue
>>
>>64277507
the problem is that you have to watch a full movie for 5 good scenes
>You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger.
>>
>>64277078
Close, put I above VII and you got it.

The one that's just awfully irredeemable is II, but the other two prequels are faaaar better than the rehash garbage that is VII. VII is only marginally better than II.

I also wasn't THAT bad, cut out "now THIS is pod racing," and it's a decent film. Especially with that fight at the end.
>>
>>64277740
>"I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!"
>WEEEEEE
>>
>>64277740
jar jar ..
>>
>>64277078
>not liking Ewoks
fuck off faggot, Wicket would skewer you in the asshole with a spear and then the ewoks would spitroast you to death
>>
>>64277078
Kill yourself underage millenial /v/edditor scum
>>
>>64279414
Hahah I just saw VI and I just scrolled ALL the ewok scenes just watched the one where C3PO flies
>>
>>64277078

>People hate Ewoks

Don't you think you're taking your movies about space wizards with laser swords a little TOO seriously?
>>
>>64277257

>Showing Luke's character growth and the reunion of our heroes is nothing

I can see how modern movies with their emphasis on constant action and not on story appeals to you.
>>
>>64279414
>replacing Wookies with Ewoks

You fuck off, Ewoks are terrible.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.