[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he r-right, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1171x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1171x276
Is he r-right, /tv/?
>>
Dumb mobileposter
>>
>>64276968
>hey look, i've seen plinkett reviews
>>
No. ROTS and ESB are the best of the series.
>>
File: dumb frog post.jpg (20 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
dumb frog post.jpg
20 KB, 396x385
>Star Wars
>film
>>
I was worse than Phantom Menace, not all the prequels.
>>
Well he's a 'writer director guy', and he takes the time to share his thoughts on Twitter, so he must be.
>>
>>64277016

One does not need to see them in order to know why the prequels are bad movies.
>>
>>64276968
ROTS was better. Sheev easily made the movie better than the reboot known as TFA
>>
Why is everyone coming out of the woodwork to defend this shitty movie?
TFA was bad. Deal with it.
>>
>>64276968
>film
>>
File: 1449669208576.png (8 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1449669208576.png
8 KB, 469x463
>film
>>
Of course he's right, the Force Awakens actually looked decent and was not a sterile, barren CGI backdrop, the fights were more realistic and not an overly choreographed mess, the characters actually had some character for once, there was humour and potential for development. No shit ass political dialogue and an attempt to actually restore some sort of mystery to the force/jedi rather than turn them into some sort of petty bureaucracy resembling your local council.
>>
>>64277116
Only after Plinkett it became cool to hate the prequels.
>>
>>64277128
>Noooooooooooooo
>>
>>64277128
>well it's treeason then -- AIAOIRIAOARRR
>>
>>64277381

Wrong.

http://variety.com/1999/film/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1117499730/
>>
>>64277381
Dank ass meme this is one of my favorites
>>
If you aren't offended by the fact that Disney thought that pimping out a huge rehash-fest of Episodes 4-6 with a myriad of plot holes and lack of explanation was acceptable, consider yourself not a real fan of Star Wars, and just along for JJ Abrams' next big easily digestible and forgettable action fest
>>
>>64277365
>this whole post
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M
>>
>>64277381
Anyone who thinks this was a fucking toddler when the prequels were released.
>>
>>64277594
>/tv/ in charge of knowing what a plot hole is
>>
>>64277633
So 99% of /tv/ then?
>>
>>64276994
Yup
>>64277016
Watching and agreeing with the plinkett reviews makes you a smarter person
>>
>>64277128
ROTS was only better because of what a clusterfuck of memery and unintentional comedy it was. TFA was mediocre but ROTS was hilariously bad instead of just being god awful bad like AOTC.

>>64277594
Why are you people offended all of the sudden? Better franchises than SW have fallen victim to modern Hollywood.
>>
>>64277685

Thanks for sharing, pedant
>>
>>64277725

>Why are you people offended all of the sudden

Because they're actively shitting on my favorite childhood franchise, now. I'm not obligated to attack any form of Hollywood bastardization imaginable.
>>
>>64277777
>>
The prequel trilogy was actually better received than the original trilogy. The internet hivemind coupled with "old stuff is better than new stuff" mentality changed perceptions
>>
TFA is better made but the prequels are more fun to watch because of how bizarrely terrible they are. TFA is just nothing.
>>
>>64277059
yes.
>>
>>64277299
>>64277336

You motherfuckers stoled my reply
>>
>>64277545
It's just a negative review, there's no hate. Most people just either disliked them or ignored. Some people liked them.

In 2015 normies will punch you if you say you like the prequels. It doesn't help that Disney obviously doing Peter Molyneux here, feeding the prequel hate and marketing TFA as the antiprequel.
>>
>>64277614

Argue against it then. Oh wait you can't you big mong.
>>
>>64276968
>dude prequels are SO bad, if you don't know why then you are a MORON, everybody should have seen Plinkett reviews by now
>>
>>64277999

There's no hate because its a professional, published review. He's not just going to spew vitriol everywhere. To an actual, emotionally invested Star Wars fan, phrases like "obviously fake backdrops", the mythology being "quite hollow and lacking in meaning" or "neither captivating nor transporting, for it lacks any emotional pull" are clear cause for hatred.
>>
>>64278203
At least he can articulate himself. Prequel hate is when random people randomly insert about prequels being worst movies everywhere and completely shrug them off in TFA discussion.
>>
DUDE PLINKETT LMAO
>>
>>64278096
>im an angry teenager that didn't realize how bad the prequels were because I was a child
>>
>>64277910
I suppose this is true. Better to be legendarily terrible than to be mediocre.

"Because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."
>>
>>64277365

>No shit ass political dialogue and an attempt to actually restore some sort of mystery to the force/jedi rather than turn them into some sort of petty bureaucracy resembling your local council.

Speak for yourself, that was my favorite part of the prequels.

Also,

>there was humour

There was plenty of humor in the prequels, and much like in TFA, most of it fell flat. The only good jokes I can think of are a few in Revenge of the Sith. However, even Phantom menace generally knows when to be serious, which TFA doesn't, as even the main villain is a laughingstock ON PURPOSE.

>the characters actually had some character for once

Don't confuse bad acting and bad directing with lack of character. All of the characters in the prequels had a personality, aside maybe from Qui-Gon, who sucks as much as Rey does. He is literally Rey.

But Padme was scared bitch who lived for false ideals and never got past that fear, thus condemning the Republic.
Anakin was brash and overly-confident, disrespectful of his superiors, emotionally weak, which is why he got in the situation he was in.
Obi-Wan was also an emotional fool, but in a different way, because he wanted to honor Qui-Gon's wishes, and he slowly turned into this overly-optimistic guy as he aged because the fight against the Federation was going well, and he never took notice of the fact that he had completely failed Anakin.

Granted, those were three movies, this was one movie, but you'd have to be a total hypocrite and a retard to imply that characters like Rey, Finn, and Poe, are somehow deeper than those of non-entities like Qui-Gon, Dooku, or Mace Windu. The only character in the Force Awakens is Kylo Ren, that's about it. The rest is not having cardboard boxes for actors, which is pretty much what Christensen and Portman were. So a character like Poe might easily seem to have more of a personality, when in reality, his character is even weaker than the other ones in the prequels - but well-acted.
>>
>>64277876
Chances are you weren't old enough to see the reception of either of these trilogies.
>>
Well yeah obviously

but thats not saying much
>>
>>64277365
Nice bait.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.