[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Matter and Killjoys are so fucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: expanse.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
expanse.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
Dark Matter and Killjoys are so fucked
>>
but I like killjoys
>>
File: edgy_firefly.jpg (23 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
edgy_firefly.jpg
23 KB, 400x225
>>64276337
Was Dark Matter any good? It looked like it was trying to be some edgier version of Firefly, didn't appeal to me?
>>
>>64276517
Killjoys was the Firefly rip-off, senpai. Dark Matter was the amnesia show.

When did SyFy become so good, bros?
>>
>>64276517
Group of varied classes with no memories stuck on a ship just going through the motions and trying to make it work, Hopefully Season 2 gets better.
>>64276397
I preferred Killyjoys towards the last 5ish episodes
>>
>>64276800
I'm only like half a season in. Does it get any less uncomfortable with the "my shoehorned-in brother is suddenly better than me at everything and I am always upset about it" shit? It fills the firefly void for me but that part annoys me
>>
>>64276900
It gets better when the new brother decides to ditch them
>>
>>64276950
Sick. I'm gonna pick it back up then.
>>
>>64276900
>>64276517
>>64276800
dark mater was better up front when it was just about survival

killjoys had a better back end when it got to extreme tech
>>
>>64276337
They are both fine and way better than when syfy was doing before.
>>
>>64276983
Slow your roll big guy, I said it gets better not it was considerably better
>>
>>64277134
I just like the tech, so if there's less "wahh I'm insecure about group dynamic bullshit" then that's fine by me
>>
>>64276337
those shows will get at least 3+ seasons
The Expanse looks like it will be a "fuck it, let's air the remaining episodes this weekend"
>>
>>64277221
i think it has a chance.
as long as it sticks to ep4 quality and stay away from the turd of the first 3 episodes.
>>
>>64276337
Anyone know why the score for dark matter sounds exactly like NIN?
>>
>>64276517
Dark Matter has a ridiculously small budget and a shitty pilot episode. But over the course of the first season it managed to get progressively better and also got better at hiding its budget problems.

It has a weird mix of edginess and corniness. E.g. it'll try to create a dark and brooding atmosphere in the same episode where one of the protagonists is doing something retarded like having a swordfight with space samurai. Overall though, it's a pretty entertaining show and better than what Syfy usually puts out. If you don't mind low budgets and you can appreciate some cornball in your dark and edgy, give it a shot
>>
>>64278280
I heard it was from the Stargate writers and I was slightly hopeful, but then after getting a look at it, it reminded me too much of SGU and I didn't really bother with it. You're saying it's not overly grimdark and edgy?
>>
>>64278541
I don't think it is. It is darker and edgier than SG-1, but still lighter and cornier than SGU.
>>
You know in the book they basically save Earth with the power of love right? Also zombies, teleporting alien asteroids etc. I'm not looking forward at all to that crap.
>>
So is there hope for decent sci-fi show?
I mean, it's 2015 and will be for the next few hours so you know.
>>
>>64278937
Sounds promising I suppose, gives me something to do this weekend anyway.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.