[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something nice about Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: 20151230_133424.png (819 KB, 1059x700) Image search: [Google]
20151230_133424.png
819 KB, 1059x700
Say something nice about Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
>>
It spawned the plinkett reviews
>>
The pod race was okay.
>>
Darth Maul
>>
Hayden Christensen wasnt in it
>>
Jar Jar was the key to everything.
>>
its racist and nobody even noticed
>>
>>64276009
>implying making RLM famous isn't the worst thing about the movie
>>
>>64275977
The score is fantastic, particularly Duel if the Fates, which was so good they reused it in ep. III.
>>
>>64276132
That's the best part about it
>>
>>64276083
This this, a thousand times this
>>
>>64275977
The score, ewan and Liam Neeson, jackie chan lightsaber duel, the bluepilled racist humor
>>
>>64276132
It wasn't racist, George Lucas is just extremely bluepilled
>>
>>64276198
This, plus QTs Kiera and Natalie, Sebulba, and, of course, this is pod racing.
>>
Bjork refused to play the part of Anakins Mom
>>
>>64276263

being unaware you are a racist still makes you a racist
>>
>>64275977

It was better than TFA
>>
>>64275977
Aunt Jar Jar Mima
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZKfPTSY6dg
>>
CG seems to have aged a bit better compared to the next two movies, with the obvious exception of Jar Jar and the Gungan/droid battle. They had a few actual practical effects and real sets too.

Still doesn't look very good but nowhere near as bad as the bluescreen hell of Clones/Revenge.
>>
I liked the bit where they asked whether Maul was the apprentice or the master, then the camera lingered upon Palpatine. Good sinister foreboding.
>>
It was pretty wizard
>>
>>64276132
I remember a lot of complaining about Jar Jar being a racist caricature which didn't make any sense to me since he was played by a black guy.
>>
It didn't affect anime
>>
>>64276340
>the camera lingered upon Palpatine
nope, it was on Jar Jar, the real Phantom Menace
>>
it is the most butthurt causing movie in the history of Autism
>>
>>64276009
This flimflam
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 976x549
>>64276314
>>64276132
You guys act like the racism wasn't funny
>>
Liam Neeson's elbow / backfist combo on Darth Maul
>>
>>64275977
It resulted in this:

https://youtu.be/VgICnbC2-_Y
>>
>>64276386
It's only racist to Jamaicans, and there are so few of those.
>>
Phantom Menace is the only decent prequel movie, the others went full retard

It has lots of issues though, and while the fights are far better choreographed than in 2 or 3, they still set up inconsistencies with the OT which isn't good

It is also the only good one since Obi Wan is the main character and Anakin is secondary, as it should have been all the way through. Anakin really should have gone missing at some point through his training, with Obi Wan tracking him down and finally finding him, only to discover his student and friend has been turned to the dark side and he must stop him
>>
>>64275977
pod racing was cool

the battledroids were cool pre lets make them silly and give them death noises ( im looking at you episode 3 "stupid little astrodroid" )

expanded world building

darth maul

duel of fates is 10/10 battle theme

how it sets up mystery as to what sidious is slowly planning
>>
>>64276609
There is no main character. I is boring, II is bad, III was fun but heavily flawed.
>>
>>64276709
Obi Wan is most definitely the main character. The film focuses on his character development only, Anakin merely shows his potential, Qui Gon is killed and so almost is Obi Wan trying to avenge him

He's the most focused on character
>>
>>64276132
>>64276198

Exactly what was "racist" about it?
>>
The characters can't be summed up in a single word e.g. Rogue
>>
>>64277003
there was a race
>>
>>64277003
It's only racist if you're extremely redpilled, but generally people say:

>boss nass's dialect is offencive against African tribes
>jar jar is liek a minstrel show black character
>watto is Jewish
>trade federation talk like asians
>>
>>64276783
Jar Jar has more screen time and backstory than Obi Wan. Obi has no character development or any sort of arc.
>>
the pod race was fun, original and 100% relevant backstory for Anakin
>>
Liam is a decent actor, and qui-gon was fun despite being retarded
>>
the three way saber fight is epic as is the music
>>
>>64277075
Not really, it was just showing off the sound quality of theaters. They were just waving their special effects dick around to compensate for lack of a story.
>>
Some of the world design is gorgeous. The podrace and Darth Maul fight still hold up really well.

Okay I'm done.
>>
>>64277100
Good actor but he was boring as fuck in I.
>>
>>64277184
Naboo did look really cool. Just the surface though.
>>
>>64275977
it was better than A Newer Hope, both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were god tier, and the fight against Maul at the end was amazing
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.