[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worthy of being the crossover hit that it is or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
Is this worthy of being the crossover hit that it is or is it just a reddit meme show?
>>
it's pretty good though /a/ hates since it's popular and doesn't have enough moeshit for them
>>
>>64275492
/a/ loves this reddit tier garbage though. Thats why retards like you and many others think they can spam it all over the site.
>>
>>64275551
>reddit gets this triggered over anime

the asspain is palatable
>>
Its anime for people who usually hate anime.

Don't really get the appeal since it seems to reference a lot of anime clishe's but all the normies are crazy about it.

I swear I wouldn't be surprised if my 90 year old grandma would ask me about One Punch Man.
>>
>>64275646
hey reddit
>>
>>64275687
Reddit loves OPM
>>
>>64275702

You sure do know a lot about reddit.
>>
>>64275775
Not as much as you do. Even just someone sharing his opinion is enough for you to recognize reddit.

you must spend ages on that website.
>>
>>64275702
are you the head of the reddit newsletter, m8?
>>
>>64275492
Only half of /a/ hates it. Like most things.

Normies fucking love it. Even my coworkers watched it.
>>
File: 1366585419574.gif (2 MB, 359x360) Image search: [Google]
1366585419574.gif
2 MB, 359x360
>>64275806
FUCKING BLOWN OUT
>>
Overrated as all hell but if you aren't expecting anything especially deep it's worth your time.
>>
>>64275806

I'm not even him
>>
>>64275702
That explains why its being spammed here too
>>
Best anime since Himouto desu senpaitachi
>>
>>64275853
>"""""""spammed"""""""
>two threads in the past 8 hours

Totally, compared to the star wars and frogposter amirite? xD
>>
I generally dislike anime but so far I'm enjoying One Punch Man. The only thing that I hope is that it doesn't last 50+ episodes or that it becomes the things it mocks.
>>
>>64275413
I heard you were a reddit meme
>>
>>64275994
it's already over
>>
>>64275413
+best action I've seen since Gurren Lagann +chemistry between Saitama and Genos is hilarious and unique
+Puri Puri Prisoner (and generally creative heroes and villains)
+premise is hilarious...
-until it's the only thing holding the plot together
>>
>>64275994
I enjoyed it, but I expect both to happen. It's popular which means it is going to be seriously fucked given enough time. The hating popular things meme isn't without basis. Let anything trot on long enough and it will inevitably turn to absolute shit.
>>
>>64276070

Really? It seems that they were setting it up for more episodes.
>>
made it to episode 2 and lost interest. Is it worth giving it another shot?
>>
>>64276138
Some shows have the guts to end their run at height of popularity. Breaking Bad for example.
>>
>>64276187
If you have a reddit mindset yes
>>
>>64276187
It hots back up, yeah. The last third is especially strong.
>>
>>64275492
>/a/ hates it

Half the fucking threads in /a/ are OPM

And honestly the only way you can hate it is if you hate fun or are simply a contrarian
>>
I watched the first episode for 6 minutes and turned that shit off. The only anime I have given any shits about has been the Ghibli films and the work directed by Anno and Otomo.
>>
i would like to just publicly announce i dislike reddit
>>
>>64276255
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with childish sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>64276223
Well, in the case of anime just look up whether or not there's a manga still ongoing. Now, check if it's popular and you will have your answer. Expecting things not to be shit is a dangerous game.
>>
>>64275551

The entire 4chan loves reddit
Everything good and bad is called reddit here
Just fuck already
>>
>>64276187

If you completely lost interest in the first 2 episode then I doubt you would like the rest.
>>
>>64275806
#shotsfired
>>
>Normies don't know anime companies
>every time asking for season 2
>don't know about MadHouse

Their tears will be delicious
>>
>whole show is a parody
>literally no character devlopment because he beats everyone and is never challenged

perfect show for milennials desu.
>>
>>64276467
The development is for everyone else
>>
>>64276467
>implying all conflicts have to be physical
>implying one pawnch is the one changing
>implying the arcs aren't the people around him
>>
>>64276324
I'm totally green when it comes to manga and anime so correct me if I'm wrong but Full Metal Alchemist? (Brotherhood).
>>
>>64276522
Aha, but Brotherhood was the second go-around. They fucked FMA up, and then decided to do it right with a solid idea of the episode count, a cogent narrative, trim off all the fat and make it the best it could have been. As far as I'm concerned, they succeeded.
>>
>>64276606
Would like a claymore reboot at some time. The anime ended terribly
>>
>>64276467

I like the show because it's dumb silly fun. I like the ridiculous naive designs of both the heroes and the monsters, the silly plot, the overpowered hero that doesn't have any bullshit other than he's just powerful and that's it, and of course the humor which is it's saving grace.
>>
>>64276606
Man I have never heard anyone not absolutely endorse Brotherhood.

It can't possibly be that good. Its still anime.
>>
>>64275837
I went in to it with zero expectation other than expecting it to get old fast, but was pleasantly surprised
>>
>>64276692
it's shit, objectively worse than the original FMA.
>>
>>64276692
Even my friends who hate anime really liked the series. It's not good anime, it's good television.
>>
>>64276692
Well jam on Netflix or get your kaizoku coat on and find out then. It is anime, it's battle shounen, but it's the best of its kind. If you don't like 'em, you won't like it. Still worth a crack, mind.

>>64276762
>/tv/ - Contrarians and Footfags
>>
>>64275413
I stopped liking it once it became popular.
>>
>>64276606
Just say how it is, they simply stayed faithful to the manga.
>>
>>64276312
>literally thinks 4chan is something of value

The majority of posters that you engage with are underage idiots that are contrary for the sake of it. Get a life loser
>>
>>64277054

Not him but if it isn't something of value why do you spend so many hours here?
>>
>>64275646
>Its anime for people who usually hate anime.

This is just a nonsense, but easy way to spot a wannabe expert on anime.
>>
>>64277114
Not him, but I know several people who have watched OPM and no other anime. And I don't know a lot of people.
>>
I watched the first episode.

I'm so fucking sick of anime that has shit story structure.

I'm presuming that he stays bored and overpowered for several more episodes. Lol what's character development?

I much prefer Mary Sue characters who don't change much over a series to whiney, mopey, Japanese protagonists who stay shitty for hours and hours of screen time. I can't take it.

Fuck you Shinji.

Fuck you Mikado.
>>
>>64277096
Sometimes it's funny, it's not the worst, but that guy was being a little bitch about contrarians as if he actually thinks the posters here aren't a bunch of edgy faggot teenagers
>>
>>64277249
>autism
>>
>>64277249
>I much prefer Mary Sue characters who don't change much over a series to whiney, mopey, Japanese protagonists who stay shitty for hours and hours of screen time. I can't take it.
A little too close to home, sport?
>>
>>64277249
>>64275413
>The entire story/manga/anime is a complete parody of every cliche but has good use for it.
Like the title says, he's one punch man but even then there's some good stuff around it. Someone had made a list of all the parodies of it like One Punch Man = Anpanman etc.
Overall it's got good action scenes nonetheless.
>>
If you look for this show to make you think, you'll be in for a bad time.

This show is not about saitama directly, but about the characters and villains who populate his world, saitama is just the lens through which we see.

It's a good show once you stop looking for the citizen kane of anime, literally turn your brain off and have fun, faggots
>>
Reminds me of Kill La Kill in that it's an action anime that feels like it has no stakes.

Action needs stakes, fellas.
>>
>>64277887
This is fucking stupid. If you turn off your brain when watching this you wouldn't notice the story, character development and the themes it tries to put out.Sure it isn't a thinking anime but it sure as hell isn't mindless fun. It's a gag series that makes fun off normal hero stories and also manage to tell it's theme to people.
>>
>>64277959
This show is the anime version of the riddle 'can god create a stone so heavy even he cant lift it?'

"Is there a being strong enough to challenge saitama?" is the question you should ask
>>
>>64277959
>Action needs stakes
No you don't.
>>
>another shitty action anime gets spammed across all boards again
>>
>>64278089
>"Is there a being strong enough to challenge saitama?" is the question you should ask

This is bullshit. No one listen to this poster. The series is based around one repetitive joke.
>>
>>64275413
I like humor side of the show.
>>
>>64278126
>implying any tv shows are better
That's quite funny.
>>
File: 5940837875434.gif (1 MB, 311x240) Image search: [Google]
5940837875434.gif
1 MB, 311x240
>>64276097
Genos does nothing but get his ass kicked. It's hilarious watching him try to do anything without getting beat the fuck down.
>>
>>64275551
>/a/ loves this reddit tier garbage though.

/a/ liked OPM long before it became a meme
>>
>>64276187
What >>64276396 said. The introduction of Genos and him raping the shit out of mosquito girl is pretty much top tier aside from Genos and the comet with Silver Fang, Genos vs. Saitama, and Saitama Vs. Boros.
>>
>>64278197
This. It's a pretty funny joke, but gets old SUPER faster. And every episode is just built up to it

The action is even more boring though, it makes fun of stupid DBZ shit then just indulges in it 2 seconds later
>>
>>64278985

I was going to say do our reddit friends even know it was webcomic?
>>
File: 1447623451135.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447623451135.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>chink humor
>>
>>64275806
this

before anyone else types "reddit" into their comment box, please breathe in some cyanide gas first. worst /tv/ meme out of legions.
>>
File: 3171661-1372359324330 (2).png (545 KB, 1084x379) Image search: [Google]
3171661-1372359324330 (2).png
545 KB, 1084x379
>>64279257
>american humor
>>
>>64279409
nice reddit opinion you memeshitter
>>
>>64277227
Watching no other anime is hardly the same as hating anime.

OPM is a parody of American superheroes, of course it is more welcoming to Americans. Just like Cowboy Bebop is, does not mean either of that is for people "that hate anime".
>>
>>64279229
probably not
>>
The voice acting is incredible.
The OST is bretty good (though they are resuing a lot of scores now).
The pacing used to be excellent, but the show took a dive after episode 3.

I still like the show, but you can see a clear drop in quality after episode 3.

Still a good show.
>>
Webcomic is patrician tier
Manga is acceptable
Anime isn't as good but has become a meme so avoid it.
>>
>>64278930
which is made 1000 times funnier by the fact that he has the back story and behavior of a very serious protagonist and always gets shown up by casual "part time hero" saitama
>>
One Joke Man is fucking awful, and of course reddit & /v/ laps it up
>>
If I hate basically every anime in existence but love DBZ would I enjoy OPM?
>>
>>64279722
Yes.
>>
>>64279722

Seeing it takes the piss out of DBZ's retarded powerups and 10 episode long fights probably not
>>
Watched it for around 15 minutes. A few bits made me smile but I got bored and turned it off.
>>
>>64276267
>tips straw hat
>>
>>64279606
>"Avoid memes", said anon on /tv/
>>
>>64279722
OPM could beat Goku
>>
File: OPM.png (10 KB, 738x513) Image search: [Google]
OPM.png
10 KB, 738x513
I wish the show sustained its quality through out its episodes.
>>
It's interesting in the sense of "how can you make a story where the protagonist is stronger than all his opponents by far interesting". I enjoyed it though I felt the finale was a bit lackluster.

Licenseless Rider against the Sea King was the best moment of the show.
>>
>>64280098
Cant agree more. Had tears.
>>
>>64280098
Mumen Rider is the most heroic character ever.
>>
>>64275413
will this get dubbed? surprised there hasn't been any news about it or is its popularity just an internet thing
>>
>>64281012
Just watch it subbed you animal.
>>
>capeshit anime

Ugh. It's not as bad as Tiger & Bunny, but it's still shit
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.