[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the new empire are nazis quality writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1451498647277.jpg (629 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1451498647277.jpg
629 KB, 1200x600
>the new empire are nazis
quality writing
>>
They were always nazis.
>>
Why do they need propagandistic speeches if force users can mind control? Couldn't Snookie just wave his hand as say "you serve me now forever"?
>>
hard-hitting, nuanced stuff, JJ.

>inb4 hurr durr the old Empire was based off of Nazi Germany

Loosely based, and it wasn't over the top, it was subtle, and also carried tones of influence from the British Empire. Intended to convey a sense of strong order, hierarchy, and controlled ruthlessness, as well as being intimidating.

This new portrayal was just all-out Nazi imagery masturbation. And we're getting further and further away from the era of the Nazis anyway, which makes it seem all the more cheap and petty.
>>
>>64275293
You can't simultaneously control thousands of troops, his head would explode.
>>
>Nazis were bad
>>
>>64275326
Actually, in the pre-existing EU that's exactly what The Emperor did. One of the reasons the Rebellion won is because once he dies, his battle meditation over the troops ended, and they started getting blown the fuck out.
>>
>>64275294
Yeah, when I think of nuance and subtlety, Star Wars is what comes to mind.
>>
Why the fuck do they have surface access on a PLANET THAT EATS SUNS
>>
>>64275216
the goyim might forget the holocaust, you dont want to live in a non-jew world
>>
>>64275216
>I point it out for the 4576th time
quality reddit post
>>
>>64275251
They weren't incredibly blunt about it

During the speech scene they could have given the guy a Hitler mustache and be yelling in German and it would have only be a little less subtle
>>
File: Texas military.jpg (94 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
Texas military.jpg
94 KB, 500x335
>>64275251
And romans, and british, and ruskies, and pretty much everything else.
>>
>>64275397

Why did you think this was worth posting
>>
>>64275447
Because your post was stupid and I felt like you thought it was decent or something.
>>
>>64275216
the original Star Wars is a copy of a french comic

so, it isn't strance that teh bad guys are nazis and the guys the Resistance
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 527x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 527x305
>>64275216
It's JJ what did you expect? The white guys have to be evil Nazis
>>
Is this your first star wars movie?
>>
File: raidersnazis.jpg (565 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
raidersnazis.jpg
565 KB, 1280x800
Whats with jews taking Lucas's vision and shoehorning nazis into them?
>>
Why does he need to give a speech to a bunch of brainwashed drones?
>>
>>64275790
JJ and Spielberg are both Jewish duh
>>
>OP is a faggot
quality writing
>>
>>64275790
read a book
>>
this triggers you retards so hard, it's funny

The galaxy's largest totalitarian regime looks like Earth's largest totalitarian regime. Wow.
>>
>>64275534

Compelling retort, fuckwit
>>
>>64275294
The bad guys were called stormtroopers. STORMTROOPERS.
>>
>>64275869
As an aside, this is also a very stupid post.
>>
>>64275858
That looks nothing like the US military though
>>
>>64275869
>>64275908
Get a fucking room already
>>
>>64275899

Yeah, but they didn't hold Nuremberg rallies for who knows what

Tarken wasn't a screeching Hitler carbon copy

and what's with these red banners?

entirely unnecessary and cheap

>let's not establish their place on the moral scale with an actual plot, let's go all out with typical Nazi symbolism
>>
that speech was fun, 100% evil cheese

it's just star wars
>>
>>64275216

>people rant about New order = nazis
>then post that pic in which everything fucking looks Japanese inspired

The silver helmet is just a copy of Samurai helmets, the vertical banners are Japanese and even more. The films have always taken inspiration from Japan/Germany since Lucas was a massive fan of Kurosawa films and New hope is pretty much one of Kurosawas films in space. Also, the fact that the majority of the directors/producers were old enough to remember the war makes it obvious that they wouild draw from it heavily
>>
>>64275973
>DON'T DO ANYTHING NEW
>BE EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINALS
>NEW IDEAS SCARE ME
>>
>>64275251
The Empire was primarily a mix of mostly Roman and Soviet practices and ideals, Commonwealth and German uniforms from the early 20th century and, according to Lucas anyways, Nixon's administration.

They weren't just straight up nazis like in TFA.
>>
>>64276024

How is this new at all? This trope has been beaten to death.

>trying to imply this movie was trying to be radical and new

You must be joking my nigger
>>
HITLER DIDNU NUFFIN
HE WAS A GOOD BOY

am I cool or edgy yet?
>>
Nazis are the bad guys just like the new empire
>>
>>64275843
a fantasy book
>>
>>64276087
You're hello reddit
>>
>muh lazy nazi reference
>>
File: texas pruben.jpg (165 KB, 644x440) Image search: [Google]
texas pruben.jpg
165 KB, 644x440
>>64276031

Return of the jedi is literally about vietnam kicking american imperialism in the balls.

>>64275980
That-s the thing, the speech was literally a cartoon of what jews and americans think hitler was. his hair even looks similar at one point.

Prussian styled armies always look similar, but the new order is clearly the nazis, no one would say the same about modern real prussian armies like pic related.
>>
>>64276053
>How is this new at all?

You said it yourself. They expanded our knowledge of how the Empire works, and veered heavier into the Nazi imagery.
>>
>>64276874
>That-s the thing, the speech was literally a cartoon of what jews and americans think hitler was.

The speech was very similar to Hitler's speaking pattern, stop talking outta your ass.
>>
>>64276951
>The speech was very similar to Hitler's speaking pattern, stop talking outta your ass.

A cartoon.
>>
>>64277076
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9kyocogKo#t=05m33s

Fuck off kiddo.
>>
>>64276031
Simon Pegg on the right?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.