[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's fantastic that Spider-Man is now being bought back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Ralph in Thought.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Ralph in Thought.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
It's fantastic that Spider-Man is now being bought back into the Marvel series. But am I the only one who is a little disappointed we didn't get The Amazing Spider-Man 3 before it happened? I mean I know you couldn't delay Spider-Man's appearence in the MCU for any longer and this is probably best.

But it just feels incomplete. I'm left with a feeling that we've missed out on the ending of this story. Especially since I feel like I'm one of the only people to actually enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (my main complaint was how much of a beta Electro was).
>>
And I thought Andrew Garfield did an awesome job as Peter.
>>
>>64275003
>Especially since I feel like I'm one of the only people to actually enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man 2

You might actually be. That movie is objectively worse than the new F4, and one of the worst capeshit if not the worst.
>>
>caring about any of that

Why
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 486x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 486x683
>Be me working in a cinema box office
>Idly flipping through the release schedule we have
>Go to the furthest date I can
>See the Amazing Spiderman 4 is going to be released some time in 2019
>Ask the cute girl I'm working with if she wants to go out with me to see it
>She laughs and says "Sure, anon"
>See that the Amazing Spiderman franchise has been cancelled a few months later
>tfw

Thanks Sony, you ruined my long term plans. Now I'll be a wizard forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>>64275135
>>
>>64275055
>That movie is objectively worse than the new F4
Now now, let's not be rash. It was below average but it wasn't that bad. I can understand some of the complaints, but overall I thought it was fine.
> Rhino was in it for 5 minutes at the end despite the film being advertised as 3 enemies and such
> Electro being a failure in life was a bit too much on the nose, especially with the Homer Simpson comb-over

Other than I found it enjoyable.
>>
>>64275003
>I feel like I'm one of the only people to actually enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man 2
You ain't alone fàm, I loved the shit out of it too. I was so sad to see it bashed like it was.
>>
>>64275158

Then there's also a ton of teen love melodrama that never goes anywhere, a main villain who's supposed to be Parker's best bud but we never heard of him before, a ton of dumb decisions by Osborn, two very non threatening villains, comical shit that's supposed to be serious or doesn't fit, a lot of shit that just doesn't make any sense, cheesy dialogue, and that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>64275303
>teen love melodrama
Because he was a teen maybe?
>a main villain who's supposed to be Parker's best bud but we never heard of him before
Who's not heard of Harry Osbourne?
>two very non threatening villains
I don't know, an electric guy who is unstable as fuck seems pretty threatening.
>comical shit that's supposed to be serious or doesn't fit
... like?
>a lot of shit that just doesn't make any sense
... like?
>cheesy dialogue
... like? We can't all be sitting around brooding like Batman.
>>
>>64275003
It's one if those movies where the production of the movie is more interesting than the movie itself. Someone made a thread not too long ago detailing the history if movie spiderman and how sony messed it up.

However, just wait till marvel makes their spiderman, then tv will defend this movie for the memes it spawned
>>
>>64275640

There was way too much teen drama, through out the whole movie they have an on and off relationship to the point where it just gets tiring. It was clear they wanted a female audience and this was their way of bringing them in. Osbourne appears out of nowhere and we immediately see him and Parker bonding together, the Raimi movies did a way more better job at building their relationship and even he fucked up a little. Electro was hardly threatening and the reason why he became a villain was because people couldn't remember his name. Which leads to the comical shit that wasn't meant to be funny but was, on top of his reasons for becoming a villain you have for example that scene where his teeth get fixed while getting his powers. As for shit that doesn't make sense one example is how Osbourne is just kicked out of his company by some security guards with no trial or anything of the sort.
>>
>But am I the only one who is a little disappointed we didn't get The Amazing Spider-Man 3 before it happened?
Yes
>>
File: The Fuck is This Bullshit!.jpg (90 KB, 696x672) Image search: [Google]
The Fuck is This Bullshit!.jpg
90 KB, 696x672
>>64275870
>how Osbourne is just kicked out of his company by some security guards with no trial
>>
>>64275901
>implying tv wouldn't be excited about 1-3 more films of Dane Dehaan memes
>>
I don't even remember an Amazing Spider-Man 2. Even googling "Marvel Movies" shows every modern live-action since Hulk 2003 aside from Amazing Spider-Man 2.
>>
>>64275870
>Osbourne appears out of nowhere and we immediately see him and Parker bonding together
It's like they're old friends or something... would you rather:
"Hi Harry... bye!"
>>
>>64276006
Because it was made by Sony.
>>
>>64276055
Ah. I see.

All these franchises being owned by x studio gets really confusing.
>>
>>64276018

The problem was that there was no buildup. He shows up without being referenced on the first movie, he becomes best friends with Parker, some scenes later he hates Spider Man, a couple of scenes later he hates Parker too and is willing to kill innocents.
>>
>>64276114
Here's a quick run down:
> Marvel Studios started making Blade series
> Sold the rights of Spider-Man to Sony
> Sony proceeded to make the trilogy and the reboot films
> Sold the rights of Fantastic Four and X-Men to Fox
> All of the films made by them
> Started their MCU with Iron-Man
And now we are here.
>>
>>64276122
Were you just not paying attention? Harry was slowly losing it throughout the film, he had an illness that was going to kill him slowly decaying him. They also talk about how they used to hang out all the time, so of course it's natural that they fall back into that, they weren't just meeting each other for the first time.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.