[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: HpLH3jZF.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HpLH3jZF.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
What went right?
>>
>>64272073
Brucey
>>
It's shit.

Too "Army of Darkness". Unfunny and forced, shitty cast all over, feels like a bad college movie.
>>
it started off great and then it became more about that fucking jew girl and the nigga woman and got worse and worse
>>
>just the two of us
>>
>>64272286
This.

Evil Dead 1 and 2 was more horror than comedy. Now it just a parody of itself. The first 3 episodes were decent. Also that fucking Jew is a shit actress.

Pablo is okay tho.
>>
what do you expect. 12 episodes in a cabin?
>>
It's only missing the Sam Raimi dance.
>>
>>64272073

The first few episodes and the last few episodes.
Why? Because they're trying to be Evil Dead 2. The rest of the series is trying to be Army of Darkness and it shows with its cheesy plot, awful side characters, and bad acting.
>>
It should be just Bruce and that Pablo guy (he is kinda brilliant) and Lucy Lawless' character should have been merged with that black cop woman to create new character - Lucy Lawless.

It's all ok though.
>>
It's one of the best shows of 2015 by default. A show that's unafraid to be goofy and frivolous yet obviously has some effort and passion put into it.
>>
>>64272286
>>64273251
>>64272895
but the nigger cop got killed, we won't have to see her anymore
plus, its very possible that the kike will get killed as well
>>
The last two episodes were great, but everything before was decent or shit
>>
>>64273349
I think there's something to be said for decent throwaway television. You could argue there were a few clunkers (the one with the doomsday compound was the only one I outright didn't like but even it had a few redeeming qualities), but it's never offensively bad, doesn't take itself too seriously, and most importantly doesn't seem to be pandering to any general demographic outside of Campbell and schlocky horror fans.
>>
>>64272073
Not a lot. It's missing so many things

>Ash being afraid

Even in Army of Darkness, Ash didn't spout so many one liners and looked like he was in distress, not just mildly annoyed

>the weirdness

We are gonna, get you, we are gonna get you or the scene where everything was laughing. Evil Dead always had a bit of mystery when it came to the eponymous Evil. It wasn't just evil, it was also gleeful and in a very sadistic way, playful.

>immense amounts of abuse suffered by Ash

Seeing Ash get splattered with all kinds of supposed bodily fluids, beaten by skeletons or tied up by mini-hims was half the fun of Evil Dead

>the sidekicks trying to be funny and badass

If everyone has one liners, it's just lame.

>no S-mart

How come one the most iconic name in the franchise got left out?

>the enemies

The Deadites unfortunately look very uniform.

>the CGI

Cheap special effects can be funny. Cheap CGI is just bad.
>>
How come second ash was missing the same hand as regular Ash when second Ash was grown from the hand that regular Ash was missing
>>
>>64273826
These are nitpicks. I don't know how you can argue against the notion that the show mostly captures the tone of the movies and at a minimum let's classic Bruce Campbell do his thing.
>>
>>64273826
>How come one the most iconic name in the franchise got left out?
dumbass
>>
>>64272073
O fuck off you ungrateful bastards, first episodes were great, last 2 have been great. If this gets another season theyre gonna have a much larger budget so you can kiss the shit CGI goodbye and expect more practical effects which are indeed more expensive. This show was lucky it got greenlit and I expected the worst but was happily surprised. Theres nothing else like it on television right now
>>
>>64273826
>no S-mart

But that's incorrect
>>
>>64274149
it's already got another season but I doubt it'll have a higher budget since its ratings are so low viewer wise
>>
How is is it possible that Lucy Lawless still looks so good
>>
>>64274323

She's a literal semen demon
>>
>>64272125
4U
>>
>>64273324
Just because she's dead doesn't mean we won't see her anymore. Proof: last episode.
>>
>>64273854
Most important question. Maybe second ash chopped of that hand again? Also, where did he get the clothes?
>>
>not selling DVD/BD
Enjoy your no budget for season 2
>>
>>64273854
He was a whole Evil Ash with the rotting hand at first. Black Cop thought the hand was possessing regular Ash and chopped it off/destroyed it.
>>
>>64274916

Ahh, yes, I remember now.
>>
I liked that blue-red demon from earlier this season. His design was fantastic. Post webm plox.
>>
First couple of episodes were great, middle was shit, but it's picking up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYfnH72a4bU

Finale actually looks like Evil Dead, complete insanity
>>
kelly's huge schnoz gives me a quarter chub
>>
>>64274005
>tone of the movies

Tone of the movies was horror. Even Evil Dead 2 with all its slapstick was a horror. Ash vs. Evil Dead is just a wacky adventure.

>classic Bruce Campbell do his thing

But he no longer overacts hilariously.
>>64274174
>>64274021
He worked at Value Stop. Apparently it's a licensing issue which sucks but atleast it should have been addressed in the series.
>>
>>64275433
The point of the licensing issue is that they literally cant make reference to or address S-Mart in any way shape or form without it being copyright infringement and opening them up to a massive lawsuit that would more than likely end the show.
>>
>>64275433
It's still schlocky horror, and when you add Army of Darkness into the mix the tone of the series gets significantly lighter. And if you don't think Campbell is still overacting hilariously then I don't think you've really watched the show.
>>
>>64272731
This show has had comedic moments that rival anything from 2015.
>>
>>64273826
They don't have the rights for Army of Darkness, so they cannot use S-Mart.
>>
>>64272731
there were other songs through the season that were fitting to the actual happenings
>>
>>64273826
>>no S-mart
>>How come one the most iconic name in the franchise got left out?

why do you complain about that, that doesn't even appeared in the first place, only in an alternate ending.

>>The Deadites unfortunately look very uniform.

looks like one evil capures all the bodies, or at least they have a collective psyché, knowing everything that happaened with the other dedites, so of course they look the same
>>
>>64272073
I was going off it but the last two episodes have been GOAT

>Raimi Tier
Episode 1

>Good Tier
Episode 2
Episode 8
Episode 9

>OK Tier
Episode 6

>Shit Tier
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 7
>>
so is the finale gonna be pilot length or a measly 22 minutes again then?
>>
>>64272073
This entire scene was something else!!
>>
>>64278576
Hopefully Pilot length. Having a final episode just cut down to 20-25 minutes doesn't help anybody really. Its what kinda hurts the show as a whole sometimes.

Sometimes it works because you can just catch up quickly with no real problems. but scenes are divided into having certain people with maybe two or three short scenes each episode.

Anyway its a pretty good show and Season 2 should be fun!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.