[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion of this man? https://www.youtube.com/w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6
File: lookatmyqueef.jpg (145 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
lookatmyqueef.jpg
145 KB, 618x618
What is your opinion of this man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT81JncnGdU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snxY-x9dwq4
>>
reddit incarnate
>>
>Inside out #1
Jesus christ is this a joke
>>
>>64270880
I think he's a decent bloke but he thinks that predator is rubbish which is of course wrong
>>
>>64270880
i hate his speech and mannerisms and most of his opinions, but he does bring up valid points quite often.
>>
>>64270880
I'm getting pretty annoyed with him hyping up mediocre female filmmakers
>>
>>64271064
Predator is literally reddit
>>
half of his list is literally who uk films.
>>
I enjoy listening to his reviews, and find them pretty funny and interesting. Plus his love of film cant really be faulted especially when it comes to the horror genre. Plus he was one of the first reviewers I remember kicking QT about.

In saying that very rare I agree with his opinions on movies.
>>
>>64271717
But We Need to Talk About Kevin WAS one of the best films of 2013 or whenever
>>
Brings up his shitty Marxist insane politics in his reviews way too much.
>>
CineMAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>64270880
His review of revolver is hilarious and what intorduced me to him and made me want to watch more of his reviews. I do not agree with half of his reviews and i wish he would do the rants more because they are at least entertaining https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPdPYZpR2s
>>
>>64270880
You mean BASED KERMODE?
>>
>>64271721
Expand please? Has he interviewed QT?
>>
I agree with him on everything but Twilight pretty much.
>>
>>64272143

Not that I know of, I do know he was the interviewer for when Werner Herzog was shot.

I meant he was one of the first major reviewers I know of that realized QT was a bit of a hack with Kill Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itwMCEJZRCA

Be warned though has some feminist at the end of it
>>
>>64272337
>warning has some feminist at the end of it

lol you triggered? have you no balls?

But fucking hell if kermode is not on point with that review. kill bill was the first QT movie i saw and thought "whats the fucking hype?" it was a waste of time and money which was a shame because also like kermode i really wanted to enjoy it.
>>
>>64272833
>lol you triggered? have you no balls?

I am triggered by her shitty opinions, "if you want story, go the to theater".

But yeah he is on point with Kill Bill 1 and 2 and Deathproof, I dont know what his opinions on Inglorious and Django were
>>
>>64270900
He hated Entourage. Reddit fags actually like it.
>>
he's a film critic, therefore he is a pleb
>>
>>64273055
Look at the second comment on the Reddit movies thread. Actually praising Kid Cudi's acting.
>>
>>64273035
>triggered by her shitty opinions

dude seriously grow a pair lol. but yeah he is right about KB1,2 and deathproof-again another big hairy dangler.
>>
>>64270880
>Inside out was his favourite film of 2015

Respected him until about three hours ago.
>>
>>64270880
The hero we need
>>
>>64270880
he's shit

he gave The Force Awakens a great review while shitting on the original trilogy
>>
>>64273247
If you had kids you would feel the same.
>>
>>64273336
Because when the originals were out he was like the generation of original-lovers who hated the prequels.
>>
I disagree with tons of his reviews but love listening to him anyway. I revisit his rants all the time just for entertainment value. I find myself listening to this one most weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZMfe4qnoKU
>>
>"Hi Worcester and Jeeves, after finishing an inexplicably long day last Friday and barely overcoming the so-called 'thrills' of modern parenthood the husband and I decided to engage in a spot of Friday night escapist fantasy with -FILM X- based solely upon Mark's recommendation. Imagine our shock when it turned out to be a two-hour slog through inane, baffling and incomprehensible utter tosh disguised as entertainment. Apoplectic with rage didn't even begin to cover it as we reached the sixty minute mark of inexorable dribble! We immediately retrieved the woeful disc from our DVD player of choice before returning it to the shop and instead ended up getting nice and cosy with a copy of Pirates 4. In summation we feel the good doctor owes us an apology and will take this in the form of a birthday greeting to our daughter who is currently overseas in Australia. Signed, Cunt."
>>
In one video he wears the literal jacket I had ordered off the internet only his was actually the right color. Mine ended up being almost solid black which wasn't even an option tthe site and is thus way cooler than his. However I am still conflicted because I can't decide if I agree with him and like him because at least he actually got the thing I had originally wanted and assumed to be buying over the internet, or feel a strong repulsion at his clearly lower social standing as a result of having a slightly less fashionable jacket than I.
>>
I'll never understand his hate for Godard, but if you aren't a /pol/-drone he's a great critic
>>
He's pretty much the king as far as populist film criticism. His job is to give a 5 minute long review / idea of a film for your average joe commuting to work or listening to the radio or whatever and he's pretty much the greatest at this. Most of his issues come from the limitations of this format. His experience, education and ability to defend his points is pretty much unshakeable.

Of course if you're /tv/ and you're just looking for a film critic that agrees with you and reinforces all of your own opinions and beliefs you're going to hate every film critic because that's impossible and it's not what film criticism is for. Better off just shit posting right wing talking heads as mad about a nigger being in SW as your are.
>>
>>64273708
He writes full reviews for the Grauniad.
>>
>>64273502
Yes this is another of my favs hes best when he hates a film and goes on a rant-page
>>
Brings feminism up way too often for my liking but at least he doesn't dabble on it for lengthy periods of time. A solid reviewer who expresses his opinion in a way that's meant to cause discussion, and allow for your own interpretation.
>>
>>64273940
Lol whats this deal with you guys being triggered by that shit? He brings up many subjects, i have watched many of his reviews and he's only brought up the subject twice.
>>
>>64273940
He's a good reviewer and having an opinion different to your own doesn't diminish that, I certainly wouldn't blame him for the fact feminism is a hot topic at the moment.

Besides, he's an old Trot from the '70s so I don't know what you expect
>>
>>64274008
>you guys
What? I don't mind logical feminism but bringing it up about nearly every single film is absolutely ridiculous, even more so in an era where we consider filmmaking to be an art. I don't decide whether to watch a movie or not based on the number of female characters, likewise minorities too.
>>
>>64274084
No it doesn't hence why I said he is a solid reviewer. I enjoy his reviews but often disagree with his feminist arguments for some of the films he critiques.
>>
>>64274114
Fair enough, I take far greater umbrage with his insistence on letting some films off the hook because they're aimed at kids
>>
>>64274152
Never noticed this until now that you mention it, didn't he even give Minions a pass for this reason?
>>
>>64274093
He doesnt bring it up in every review though. stop being so salty and go back to reddit if you need to be coddled.
Like i say i can name 2 reviews max he talks about that, mot of his reviews are about cinematograpy etc. hes not the new jim sterling you guys are so easily triggered lol
>>
File: CONSUME.jpg (355 KB, 522x727) Image search: [Google]
CONSUME.jpg
355 KB, 522x727
>>64273344
>XDD men are so simple-minded
>only women and their nuanced, reasonable mindset can keep the world turning :^)
>>
>>64274152
I take more of an issue of him letting films off the hook because they "aimed big and failed" like that johnny depp movie transcendance which i have probably spelt wrong.
>>
Left wing extremist who should never be given a penny of BBC licence payers money but somehow is. Actually it's not that suprising since the boss of BBC is the Jew Daniel Cohen.
>>
File: 13877420410255.gif (298 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
13877420410255.gif
298 KB, 200x150
I like him but frequently I just dont understand where he is coming from
Inside Out the best film this year? And last year he said Pain and Gain was the worst film of 2014?
>>
>>64274231
Mate I'm not being salty. I offered my opinion of him which is that I think he's a good (solid) reviewer but I disagree with his feminist critiques. I still enjoy and watch/read his content frequently, especially after I have finished watching a flick.
>>
File: wat.jpg (76 KB, 768x762) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
76 KB, 768x762
>>64274269
>>
>>64274314
I never saw Pain & Gain but apparently it's racist/ sexist, and unfunny hence his poor review.
>>
>>64273383
but Force Awakens has a lot of the same problems the prequels had, particularly with the plot not making any fucking sense

just because they cut the overly-long space politics out doesn't automatically make it better than the prequels.

original Star Wars had a more dramatic pacing to it and some political/worldbuilding exposition scenes. the prequels had too much of that, but Force Awakens has practically none.

it isn't as boring to watch as the prequels, but it certainly doesn't make anymore sense or do any better of a job at matching the tone of the originals.

TFA's main connection to the originals are the dank references and the copypasted plot points, which basically just serves as a Star Wars paintjob for what's otherwise a Marvelesque action flick
>>
>>64274320
No you clearly cannot read. You are stating he brings up feminism in most of his reviews, i have listened to a lot of his reviews and only have heard him mention it twice. This is not someone attacking you for having an opinion this is someone refuting something you are claiming is fact.
>>
>>64274420
He also really loved avengers which i thought was a pretty average movie
>>
>>64274314
>>64274395
Also, he hates Michael Bay with legendary passion. See Transformers 3 for another A+ rant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwkL53bH0PI [Embed]
>>
>>64274456
I was exaggeration, apologies then.
>>
>>64274606
exaggerating*
>>
>>64270880

Absolute feminist SJW cuckold.
>>
File: autism.webm (123 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
autism.webm
123 KB, 320x240
Tarantula blown the fuck out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-u9M8kRYk
>>
>>64270880
>The Falling
looks like a Picnic at Hanging Rock remake with an ugly lead

Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>64273708

This. While I hate him, he is unspeakably good at his job of condensing/reviewing a film for a mass audience.
>>
>>64274605
Another reason to like the man

>>64274606
You see its kinda hard to respect your opinion when, as you say yourself its exaggeration like why was there the need to do that?

Anyway while i also do not agree with a lot of kermodes opinions i do find him entertaining.
>>
>>64274231
Hambeast detected.
>>
>>64274008

would you enjoy it if a guy constantly brought up Nazism in his reviews and criticised films for being insufficiently deferential to Nazi philosophy

because that's what it's like listening to a commie bring his cancerous gender politics into capeshit reviews
>>
>>64270880
inside out was awful. i was shocked to see at number one.
>>
>>64274738
Exaggeration is used to emphasise something. In this case it was Kermode's frequent (I won't say ever video) rants about feminism. I'll leave it at that
>>
>>64274605
>Uses the word problematic
>Muh-soggy-Knees

Why are the Brits such faggots?
>>
>>64274420
> the plot not making any fucking sense
At the very least it has a plot.
>>
>>64270972
This
>>
>>64274667
>salty bitch
>>
>>64273247
Inside out was one of the most mediocre films of the year.
>>
He's a cuck, but I value his reviews. I'll always listen to what he has to say before I decide to watch a movie.
>>
>>64273336
thats only because he's been open in the past about how much he disliked the originals, he's always said that they where overrated.
>>
Don't always agree with him (he likes Twilight, and he's a gorehound but hates Jorg Buttgereit, the fuck?) but he's a legit reviewer who can be insightful and, when reviewing bad movies, very funny.
>>
If I had to pick a favorite critic, it would probably be him. I like that he tries his best to contextualize his reviews and explain what he's bringing to the film, his history with the filmmakers, etc.
>>
He has some remarkably wrong opinions.

I also really just hate listening to British people talk. It's annoying.
>>
>>64275129
>British
which accent retard?
>>
>>64270880
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXOUj9V7CeQ
>>
>>64275196
All of them, really.
>>
>>64274795
Dude you just admitted you were lying. Stop trying to cover your ass, it only makes you look worse. No shame in being wrong if you own up to it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeTQhd-wtBE

contrarians on /tv/ hate him because he shits on that hack Korine
>>
>>64275881
Perfect example of Mark getting it very badly wrong. But I still love him.
>>
>>64275986
Nope, again hes right. Its amazing how much a bunch of tits can sway people.
>>
>>64270880
One of the few critics who's opinions I respect.
>>
>>64275881

Spring Breakers is genuinely the only movie I've ever turned off half way through. And I've sat through shit you wouldn't believe.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.