[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Even if you think all four Transformers movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: transformers.jpg (223 KB, 542x800) Image search: [Google]
transformers.jpg
223 KB, 542x800
What went wrong?

Even if you think all four Transformers movies were terrible, 2 is objectively "the bad one"
>>
Michael bay forgot to make it anything akin to the show or even the first movie and wanted to be a comedian and write all the transformers as if they're all buddies and constantly quip and make jokes

Also the final battle is hilariously anti climactic
>>
I'm glad they finally stopped wanking the army in the 4th movie. Those army scenes budget should've went to the special effects.
>>
>>64270302
Horrible timing with the writer's strike.
>>
It was written by Ehren Kruger, working anonymously as a scab during the writer's strike, in like two weeks right after the first one made big bucks. When the strike was over, Orci and Kurtzman came on board expecting an outline at best and were given a first draft with the name on the front whited out. They were then sequestered in a hotel room for a few weeks to do their own draft that they could put their names on, with Kruger continuing to do uncredited rewrites on everything they turned in. Kruger's additions to the film most notably included the Twins.

On top of that, the series in general (and the first two very much in particular) used largely improvised dialogue on the actual shoot. Much of the terrible or nonsensical dialogue uttered by John Turturro ("I am directly beneath the enemy scrotum"), Shia LaBeouf ("Kitten calendar, kitten calendar, kitten calendar"), or Kevin Dunn ("Judy, that's reefer!") and Julie White ("I'd do anything for an A, professor~") is completely ad-libbed.

The end result is a movie with far, far too many cooks and not a single person with any sort of editorial oversight.
>>
It's a shitfest but still contains some GOAT scene like Sideswipe slicing a car in a half and Megs coming out of the ocean

Also that fucking forest battle
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451487138729.jpg (43 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451487138729.jpg
43 KB, 720x720
>>64270856
Even with all of those flaws, these movies would still be entertaining if the robit fights we paid to see weren't blurry close ups of indistinguishable nonsense.
>>
>>64270489
Bay didn't even write the movie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95S1vfq9QnI

This is the closest thing to a live action Transformers cartoon we can get

>all that autobot banter

Based Bay
>>
As much as RLM gets shit on, their video on Transformers where they watched the first 3 side by side was eye opening
>>
>>64270856
For proof, here's something weird the movie accidentally does but then doesn't elaborate on at all: Every single kind of combination in the franchise is in Revenge of the Fallen. You've got multiple vehicles into one bot in the form of the bike sisters, you've got multiple bots into one vehicle in the form of the twins, you've got Soundwave as a deployer, you've got a multi-bot gestalt in the constructicons, and the film ends with an Armada-style Optimus/Jetfire superlink.

Any hack writer worth his weight in radioactive waste could string together some interesting thematic parallels with all this combination going on. The movie's human cast is tangled up in a profoundly shitty non-romance, surely that could have been recast as something far more thematically appropriate. Baby making, maybe, I don't know.

>>64271054
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Vr05B94Q0
This part was also fun. Nothing to either side of it, but this part alone.
>>
DECEPTICOOOOOOOOONSSS

BEGIN OUR ASSAULT!
>>
I thought the third one was the worst.

The second one is where the series took it's sharp decline(not that it was very good to begin with), but I'd say the third one was still worse than the second.
>>
>>64271488
DOTM would be GOAT if they cut like 50 minutes of the retarded human subplots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NByULRkB7X0
>>
I like that they made each movie 10 minutes longer than the last
>>
>>64271488
The third one IS the worst one
>>
>>64273391
4u maybe
>>
>>64273391

I kind of liked Dark of the Moon. I couldn't even figure out what was supposed to be going on in Age of Extinction.
>>
>>64273420
>is longer than 2
>shia is at his most whiney and autistic
>the asian guy's jokes were fucking horrible
>more in your face shit
>optimus is a literal psychopath
It is the worst
>>
>>64270302
Optimus Prime executing a former mentor as he begs for mercy.
>>
>>64273671
Which was immediatly proceeded by him killing his brother (who asked for a truce) with an axe

Whatever happened to "freedom is the right of all sentient beings" you asshole?
>>
Did anyone else have the problem of not being able to visually comprehend what was happening on the screen during the action scenes.

It just started to look like a computer threw up on film.
>>
2 is shit

I like the other three.

They're at least better than the SW prequel trilogy or JarJar Wars
>>
>>64273847
>3 and 4 batter then the prequels

I get the prequels weren't good, but the transformers sequels are literal cinematic abortions by comparison
>>
>>64273847

I put AoE on the same level as AotC as far as failure of cinematic storytelling goes.
>>
File: Optimus vs Galvatron.webm (2 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
Optimus vs Galvatron.webm
2 MB, 1280x533
I thought TF4 was pretty decent. It had an atmosphere to it similar to the first one. It's not a masterpiece but it's as entertaining as blockbusters get these days.
>>
>>64270302
My favorite from the first one was Scorponok and they made me wait 2 hours and 15 minutes into this one for him to show up. When he did, they killed him in two seconds.

Fuck this movie for that alone
>>
Stull better than Star Wars.
>>
>>64275477
That's not even true ironically
>>
>>64275477
>>64275522
But which dubs are true ?
>>
File: ROTF.webm (1 MB, 1024x432) Image search: [Google]
ROTF.webm
1 MB, 1024x432
dat prime Fox tho
>>
>>64275642
She always looked so dirty in a bad way, like is get an std just by touching her
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.