[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the best Roald Dahl film adaptation and why is it The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: The_Witches_3033993k.jpg (156 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
The_Witches_3033993k.jpg
156 KB, 858x536
Which is the best Roald Dahl film adaptation and why is it The Witches?

Absolutely terrified watching this as a young kid.
>>
Bane?
>>
Witches was the best, I guess, followed by Matilda.

Too bad Roald never wrote a sequel to Witches. The stage was all set (in the book) for it.
>>
Oy vey
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
HUMAN BEAN
>>
>>64271443

BFG really needs a movie.
>>
I don't know why but Roald Dahl adaptations always turn out great.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is my favourite.

Someone should adapt George's Marvellous Medicine or The Twits.
>>
>>64271496

Shit, Spielberg and Disney have teamed up to make BFG. Has potential.
>>
File: tve56073-2478-20140427-0.jpg (38 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tve56073-2478-20140427-0.jpg
38 KB, 320x240
>>64271496
>>
>>64271496
steven spielberg, next year.
>>
Reminder that if your mom didn't read The Witches, George's Marvelous Medicine, Matilda, The BFG, The Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Twits etc to you at your bedside, you had a shit childhood and a shit mom.
>>
>>64271365
"There's a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity ... I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn't just pick on them for no reason." -Roald Dahl
>>
>>64271857

son you should have read them all yourself, apart from george's marvellous medicine, which you should have watched based rik mayall read on TV.
>>
>>64271894

I did read them myself too. My mom started reading them to me before I knew how to read, and before I appreciated reading by myself, though. Loved them. I had better attention span for being told good stories than most kids my age. But I didn't like reading them myself until 8-9.

She started with The Fantastic Mr. Fox when I was 4, was comfy as hell. When I learned reading at 5, we had read through half those books.
>>
>>64271860
Try to read Roald Dahl again today. he was redpilled af
>>
i hated the books because roald dahl is norwegian and i went to a norwegian elementary school and most of his books were required reading at a very early age
>>
>>64271860
Wasn't his family good friends with Gary Glitter?
>>
>>64272372
Roald Dahl was from Cardiff m8
>>
>>64272415

>Born in Wales to Norwegian parents

if he was born in east london to muslim parents you would have called him a foreign mudskin sandnigger
>>
>>64269903
I feel you family, i feels ya
>>
>>64272415

>Roald Dahl was born in 1916 at Villa Marie, Fairwater Road, in Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales to Norwegian parents, Harald Dahl and Sofie Magdalene Dahl (née Hesselberg).[10] Dahl's father had emigrated to Britain from Sarpsborg, Norway, and settled in Cardiff in the 1880s. His mother came over and married his father in 1911. Dahl was named after the polar explorer Roald Amundsen, a Norwegian national hero. His first language was Norwegian, which he spoke at home with his parents and his sisters Astri, Alfhild and Else. Dahl and his sisters were raised in the Lutheran faith, and were baptised at the Norwegian Church, Cardiff, where their parents worshipped
>>
>>64272493
Bro.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.