[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he just use his own shit to create the bacteria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (241 KB, 690x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
241 KB, 690x500
Why didn't he just use his own shit to create the bacteria needed for the source of organic matter to grow more crops?
>>
he didn't do the math
>>
>>64268979

You can't shit if you don't eat.
>>
>>64268979
He decided it was better to Reddit the shit out of Mars rather than science it.
>>
>>64268979
because all of the existing crops were destroyed i think
>>
>>64269045
He had a shitload of potatoes
Like a few hundred of them atleast, he calculated he has just over a year's worth
In a few months he would have had enough shit to sow another set of crops
>>
>>64268979
>LE SCIENCE THE SHIT MAN XD

YFW NASA BLEW AT LEAST A BILLION RESCUING ONE MAN

NAAAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEppthWAGq8&t=16m58s
Research incomplete. Returning to base. P.A.: Negative. Not cost-effective. Terminate self.
>>
>>64268979
Except that... HE DID???
>>
Wasn't the room with the crops the same room with the bathroom? I thought that was the reason, he couldnt use that restroom anymore after the accident.
>>
>>64269338
he didn't else they didn't need to do the reddit Agents of Marvel man manouver
>>
>>64269271
They were blown out of the airlock, and froze. Killing off the eyes making them basically dead. He could eat them still but not grow any more
>>
>>64269348

So you think he stopped shitting for a few years?
>>
>>64269325
>>LE SCIENCE THE LE SHIT MAN XD

Does reddit really talk that way?
>>
>>64268979
But he did? He even says hes eating his own shit at one point
>>
But he literally did grow the plants in his shit...
>>
>>64269397
HE LE USED HIS SHIT TO SCIENCE DEM POTATOES XDDD
>>
>>64268979
Because at the point when the HAB depressurized and the crops and soil were exposed and all the nutrients evaporated and all the bacteria froze, there wasn't enough of an available timeline remaining to fertilize the martian soil and grow more/enough potatoes to justify the effort.

He'd have sacrificed dozens of potatoes and hundreds of man hours to start from scratch, probably didn't have enough of his shit reserved to fertilize the entire HAB, and wouldn't have grown any more before he had to leave for the ARES IV site.
>>
>>64269397

I'm starting to think it was only ever 4chan who did
>>
Shit status: Scienced out of
>>
>>64269465
As well as
>>64269385
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
Read the book!
>>
>>64269348
oh yeah that fucking makes sense (not being sarcastic)

I knew there couldn't be a serious plothole this big

But I thought all the shit he shits is sealed and put in a sealed box

>>64269385
No he had good potatoes that he harvested and put in another lock

He also used potatoes without eyes intially to grow the crops (i think)
>>
>>64268979
Because reddit would have downboat it
>>
Why would they show his ass
I can understand why Americans would look at that, but not other people in the world
>>
>>64269539
SHITTING PLANETS
>>
>>64269516
>>64269465
>>64269385

They might have been able to grow after being flash frozen, but most likely wouldn't have. In the book the inside of the HAB is exposed for well over a day. In the movie it seems like he manages to repair things after a few hours. But the length of exposure probably doesn't matter too much after a few minutes. He does note that some of the bacteria did manage to survive even after being exposed for 24+ hours. But not enough to matter.
>>
>>64269651
They also say all the water evaporated
>>
>>64269348
He repaired the HAB. The entire structure was exposed when the airlock blew, but after he patched the hole he was able to resume normal functioning. He didn't not shit for like 15 months.
>>
>>64269692
OH YEAH that's really the most critical factor. There was no way to recover the water in the atmosphere and the soil (everything not in the tanks or reclaimer). All of that water was lost forever to the martian atmosphere, with no way to make more.
>>
>>64269646
only downside to this movie desu
International audiences aren't as comfortable watching ass as American/Europeans ones are
>>
>>64269773
I've watched the movie a few times, don't remember any butts at all. Weird though saying "international audiences" then excluding Europe and America. Other than like China, Korea, and Japan every market that matters apparently falls into the "ok with watching ass" demographic. And Chinese box office was almost $100 million.
>>
garbage movie

At least Armageddon had self awareness
>>
>>64268979
Why didn't they just colonize Mars and terraformed it over the centuries to make it Earth like eventually?
>>
>>64268979
imagine having all that mommy-fu poo
>>
>>64270226
yfw realizing he's the fucking reddit version of hiroko ai

thanks 2015
>>
Whose poop produced healthier potatoes, Mara's or Chastain's?
>>
File: 1449505083227.gif (2 MB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1449505083227.gif
2 MB, 200x160
>>64270390
>>
>>64270390
I'd try some Mara flavored potatoes.
>>
>>64270390

>when bae is on her period so you decide to eat her ass instead
>>
>>64268979
He does in the book, which is superior in every way compared to the film.
>>
>>64268979
anon there is no atmosphere, organic stuff decays because there is nothing holding heat among other things. He would be better off eating himself
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.