[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feel free to say variations of "muh Ozymandias"; You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: 1380556906721[1].png (14 KB, 557x557) Image search: [Google]
1380556906721[1].png
14 KB, 557x557
Feel free to say variations of "muh Ozymandias"; You know I'm right.
>>
>>64268630
redditfags will get triggered by this
>>
If you had told me that neo-nazis would be the final villains in BrBa I would have top kek'd in your face during season 4.
>>
>>64268630
But you're right, it peaked at season 1 and it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>64268630
ozymandias was good though
>>
>>64268630

What episode does Walt turn down the offer from his previous employer?

That's when it gets ridiculous and weak.
>>
>>64268710
Low-IQ poster detected.
Walter turned down the offer because the money would have only supplied him with enough money for treatment, which wasn't a guaranteed way out of cancer, Walter calculated how much money he needed to sustain his family's current standard of living and getting his kids through college.
A sum of money he wasn't getting paid by Gretchen and her husband.

Can't believe I have to explain this to at least 50 low-IQ posters every month.
>>
>>64268630
walter shouldnt die and go to prison with jessie, then it should be like breaking bad
at the end they get away and live in another country
>>
>>64268744
>having such a pathetic level of brand loyalty that you feel the need to arbitrarily defend a long-finished show on a regular basis
You are the most pathetic person here.
>>
File: 1417938581792.gif (3 MB, 390x215) Image search: [Google]
1417938581792.gif
3 MB, 390x215
>>64268630
The edge is strong in this one lord vader.
>>
>>64268790
I voiced criticism a few posts above this, not only is your IQ low you are also a volatile monkey.
This conversation is over.
- Motoko
>>
>>64268811

I guarantee this guy's still a virgin.
>>
>>64269103
By choice*
>>
granite state was really good though

the last 10 minutes of that episode is breaking bad at its best
>>
>>64268811
what kind of ignoramus can't even follow some simple website rules

>>>/global/rules/13
>>
File: 1442265794984.gif (456 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1442265794984.gif
456 KB, 160x159
>>64269115
>>
I hated Jesse and like Walt in season 1.

By season 3 things were completely reversed. Jesse actually developed while Walt just revealed what a twisted fuck he was all along.
>>
>It's a JIDF thread
Fuck off, Motoko you dumb kike.
>>
>>64269267
>By season 3 things were completely reversed
Jesse literally spends seasons 3-5 crying. So fucking terrible.
>>
The moment I hated Walt was when Gus and Mike took him out to the desert and told him he was fired. The car wash was making a profit; he could have easily walked away and had an moderately successful life without putting his family in danger, but no, he couldn't walk away because MUH PRIDE. He alienated his family and got Hank killed. Walt was a piece of shit.

From that point on I was rooting for based Jesse.
>>
>>64269375
Except Walter had figured that they are trying to alienate Jesse from Walter so they can kill him off without Jesse throwing a tantrum (which was their actual plan).
FUCK OFF LOW-IQ POSTER
Why are people like you even allowed to post, how is /tv/ so bad at comprehending a show like Breaking Bad
>>
It would be so much better if Ted was black.
>>
Gus dying should have been the end. It didn't wrap anything up, but it was the last good episode of that show.
>>
>>64269441
I didn't even say they WEREN'T try to alienate him from Jesse. My point was that Gus Fring gave Walt a way out by firing him. The car wash was bringing in money at that time, Walt could have walked away from the meth trade and just run a moderately successful car wash business, but no, he didn't because of pride. As a result, he alienated himself from his family and got Hank killed.

Jesus man, read my post before you attack me....
>>
>>64269598
>My point was that Gus Fring gave Walt a way out by firing him. The car wash was bringing in money at that time, Walt could have walked away from the meth trade and just run a moderately successful car wash business, but no, he didn't because of pride. As a result, he alienated himself from his family and got Hank killed.

EXCEPT THIS WAS ALL A RUSE TO BE ABLE TO MURDER (MURDER) WALT
WALT UNDERSTOOD THIS

STOP POSTING YOU STUPID NIGGER
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1680x940) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84 KB, 1680x940
>>64268630
Funny you say that

Reminder the guy who directed Ozymandias is writing EPVIII and IX
>>
>>64268630
When anyone ever says or types "meh" or "muh" I instantly know they're retarded and all opinions can be immediately trashed.
>>
File: 32.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>64269115
>>
>>64268630
Only reddit disagrees
>>
>>64269473
BIG
>>
>>64268744
>Walter turned down the offer because the money would have only supplied him with enough money for treatment

No that's not true. It was explicitly expressed that Walt's family would be taken care of after he died.

I didn't even bother reading the rest of your post.
>>
>Weak final season
>Only the final season
The only reason people could say that about the final season is if they binge watched it on netflix. All the seasons are slow and overrated
>>
>>64270313
It wasn't though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJAk-5bFo8
>>
>>64270351
It was though

Do you actually think people believe your shitposting?
>>
>>64270480
It wasn't, you are lying or confused.
>>
>>64268630
What is Granite State
>>
>>64270351

Walt, it's Gretchen.
Oh, hey.
Hey, Gretchen.
How are you? You know, it was really great seeing you two the other day.
What a party.
Elliott told me about the cancer.
I'm so sorry.
Well, you know, it is what it is, I guess.
I don't know what to say except I'm always here for you.
Both of us are.
We wanted you to know that.
Yeah, well, thank you.
Walt, Elliott's told me he had offered to pay for the treatment.
You have to accept.
That money, as far as we're both concerned, that belongs to you.
Even the name of our company, it's half yours. Your family will be taken care of.
Walt Is this about you and me? Gretchen, I really appreciate the offer.
I do.
But we're fine.

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=breaking-bad&episode=s01e05
>>
You have to be a poorfag for most of your life like me to really understand Walt's character and his story arc with the Grey Matter guys, and the resentment he feels as they look down on him.

His hubris as he made money on himself starting from literally nothing was perfectly justified, I'm not defending his behaviour but I understand him and it's a realistic thing for a character that had his backstory.
>>
The live threads we had on /tv/ prove you wrong, OP.

the last 8 epsiodes were fucking god tier.
>>
>>64270533
#CHECKED and

#REKT #REK'D
>>
The problem with Breaking Bad's finale is that you could have predicted every part of it.

All of it.

100% of it.
>>
>>64270533
Trolled
>>
>>64270498
You're such a god damn idiot it's almost unbelievable
>>
>>64270542

>muh hubris
>muh ozymandias

god please fuck off
>>
>>64268763
and then they get caught and put into a panamian prison
>>
>>64270575
>you need to disappoint the audience in order to be called good 10 years later

No anon, Twin Peaks didn't have a good finale either.
>>
>>64270575
Yes you predicted the turret machine gun

you're a genius anon
>>
>>64270577

I don't think you know what that means.
>>
>>64270414
>nothing will be as exciting

>thread lightly

jesus fucknig christ
>>
>>64270607
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlNl0fKwxQ

has anything come close in the past few years ?
>>
>>64270615
Perhaps not in that detail.

I (and many others) predicted that both Walt and the Nazis would die though.
>>
>>64270778
woah man that's a long shot you did
>>
>>64270575
That's good. I hate it when they feel the need to do something so unexpected that it almost doesn't feel like part of the show. Or some "unexpected" character dies. It's not good writing if you just do something random that surprises the audience. See from the first moment on when Walter met Gus, I knew shit was going to go down. I just wasn't sure how or when. That created suspense.
>>
>>64270414
>>64270736
Both of those advertisements before the clip made me violently ill
>>
>>64268675
It peaked with Fring.

Really started to slip when Walt began plotting.
>>
>>64269267
This.

Jesse develops when he realizes this lifestyle robbed him of his soul, he loses everything, and he becomes a main story on When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong.
>>
>>64270575
Except no one did.

We had some great finales written in the BrBa threads too, but none of them were correct.
>>
File: 1451259829732.jpg (27 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1451259829732.jpg
27 KB, 228x260
>>64270533
Bravo, anon
>>
File: 1450549674561.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1450549674561.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>64268811
Holy shit, are you like, THE Motoko?
>>
>>64270542
Yeah man being a poor faggot like you really connects with a fucking meth dealer with cancer. Deep bro, so deep.
>>
>>64268744
you're an idiot
>>
Was Lydia mentioned in season 4? It felt like she came out of nowhere. Actually, the Neo-Nazis came out of nowhere too. My gripe was we didn't see just how powerful Walt was. We spent 4 seasons waiting for him to become this great king pin but they barely showed off power. The entire season was
>Mike is angry
>Jesse is sad
>Walt is badass for like that one scene in the desert
>the trio enlist the help of an autistic boy to rob a train
>autist fucks up
>Jesse is sad again
>Hank finds out that Walt is Heisenberg in the most idiotic way possible
>And then the rest of the season is just filled with Walt being a retard, Jesse being a bitch, Todd being a creep, and Vince Gilligan getting champagne enemas
>>
>>64271480
>Was Lydia mentioned in season 4?

Lydia herself wasn't mentioned, but Hank mentions that Gus' operation was being funded by a conglomerate called Madrigal and he attempted to investigate them before being stonewalled

and honestly, I kind of liked the way Hank found out about Walt. They mention repeatedly throughout the show how criminals get caught in the most ridiculous ways possible; Walt specifically mentions the tape on the door at the Watergate hotel at one point.
>>
>>64270577
How do you respond to being proven completely fucking stupid?
>>
>>64268630
granite state was better than ozymandias
>>
>>64268630
Even before the final season, the show's characters were weak enough to cause major problems.

Jesse's development tanked after killing Gale and he became a weeping, stale, insufferable waste of space. Both Aaron Paul and the writing for this character nosedived every since.

Getting Skyler involved in the money laundering was a rare good move by the writers as it allowed them to use the character's intelligence for more than snooping on Walt and being an eternal pain in the ass, but it's still not enough. The problem isn't misogyny, it's the writing. She was still a black hole compared to Carmela or Betty.

Honk, Mike, Marie, Breakfast and Neo-Nazis were non-entities. Gus and Saul were great; as was Walt, but Bryan Cranston isn't worth an ensemble of shit.
>>
>>64268630
unless this is star wars related fuck off, we own tv now and only allow star wars posts
>>
B-but what about le ebin train heist?
>>
>>64269267
Jesse's development was nothing but crying and whimpering about the situation he put himself in, with love interests as catalysts. it was rinse, and repeat, lazy and unimaginative character development.
Walt was exactly the same in the final seasons. we saw him go from desperate, to professional, to deluded and twisted by power. the power delusion continued to act as his character development, and served to provide the internet obsessed audience with one-liners and 'bad-ass' actions to obsess over.
Jesse should have died in S1. It might have prompted the writers to actually work at an interesting arc with a cancer ridden chemistry teacher drug dealer as a the center of the universe, instead of a scarface in comfortable shoes and his overly-emotional hip-hop vernacular side-kick.
it was a fun ride at times, but it was a waste of material when looked at as a total product.
>>
>>64270549
reddit was a large part of /tv/ at that point thanks to /got/
>>
>>64271858
>>64271858
how anyone considers that james bond tier garbage to be above the level of drama of a south park episode is beyond me. it even has the now safe and chummy bill burr spouting off quippy dialogue throughout. sickening.
>>
fargo > breaking bad

no one can prove me wrong
>>
>>64272016
I can and just did
>>
>>64272016
The Shield > Justified > Fargo > Sons of Anarchy > Breaking Bad
>>
I dropped that shit show during the plane accident story arc. I was ridiculed for calling the show out for what it was then. I know a lot of you hopping on the BrBa hate train are doing it because it's the hot contrarian opinion, but I'm glad that there are at least some people who genuinely hate this show like I do.
>>
>>64270577
joke's on you, i added the line "your family will be taken care of"
>>
>>64268630
still better than the star wars the turd awakens
>>
>>64269598
goddamn motherfucker they wanted Walt dead, and even if they didn't, he wouldn't know that for sure and be never secure until Fring is dead for good.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.