[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dunkirk the film that will finally pop this guy's bubble?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
Is Dunkirk the film that will finally pop this guy's bubble? He hasn't made a good film since The Dark Knight.
>>
Plebs still think Interstellar was the best movie of 2014 so no
>>
>>64267443

>always kind of thought Nolan was a fascist
>had fascist themes in his movies that he beats over your head
>well maybe he is just making a really dark fascist batman
>he gets to make one himself now, no studio interference.

>Makes a movie about the evacuation of Dunkirk by the defeated allied armies after the Battle of France in 1940

not helping your case here pal.
>>
File: Breivik.jpg (1 MB, 3524x2349) Image search: [Google]
Breivik.jpg
1 MB, 3524x2349
>>64267523
He even fucking looks like Breivik
>>
>>64267443
That was a very abrupt change of genre imo.

I think a project that would've been perfect was Assassins Creed adaptation...He could've made a great film imo
>>
It better be historically correct and not some retarded propaganda bullshit glorifying the brits
>>
>>64267714
>It better be historically correct and not some retarded propaganda bullshit glorifying the brits

Now that they have barely a country much less an empire they want to make the world think that WWII was won by Britain after it failed to lose the Battle of Britain.

The only thing worse is when your commie history prof pulls out the death counts as if Red Army dying twice as fast means they were twice as important
>>
Hey guys, who do you think he'll get to play the older paternal character that provides the protagonist and audience with exposition?
>>
He hasn't made a good film since Memento.
>>
File: 785951.jpg (18 KB, 540x317) Image search: [Google]
785951.jpg
18 KB, 540x317
>>64267775
>>
>>64267443

>He hasn't made a good film since The Dark Knight.
>>
>>64267912
Inception was a radio play.
>>
File: lel.gif (2 MB, 430x352) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
2 MB, 430x352
>>64267756

>he doesn't realize the americans died just as quickly as the russians
>>
>>64267912
Inception is cinéma, we're talking about films here.
>>
File: ww2.webm (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
ww2.webm
2 MB, 500x280
>>64267756
What are you saying exactly
>>
>>64267680
Based Nolan would not lower himself to that
>>
>>64267680
Nolan shouldn't be let near science fiction or capeshit, there's less for him to fuck up with classic genres. Who knows, he might even make a decent film for once.
>>
i fucking love christopher nolan
>>
>>64267443
is he the new Kubrik or what? original material across genres I love my nigga Nolan
>>
I hope it will be a grand WWII epic movie like The Longest Day or A Bridge Too Far. Multiple points of view, scenes in the conference room etc. If Michael Caine stars in this it would be a nice comeback as he was in A Bridge Too Far.

But I really really hope it will be a WWII story and nothing originally written for the movie by Christopher Nolan. Either make a new thing in this setting like SPR or Fury or make a faithful adaptation.
>>
Spitfires in IMAX with Hans Zimmer!

Can't wait!
>>
this is it, this is the movie that will finally land him the Oscar he deserves
>>
>>64268149
Based Nolan, have you felt it?
>>
Should've attacked Hitler a couple years sooner, eh western Allies?
>>
>>64267473
Inerestellar will survive as an all time classic of science fiction the same way 2001 did. He can't do wrong. Sorry pal. Geniuses pisses off mediocre people like yourself, deal with it.
>>
>>64268149
He is the new Kubrik indeed.
>>
>>64268055
Vidyashit is going to be the new capeshit very soon

Just wait and see
>>
>>64267523
john milius is a fascist and he made a couple fun movies
>>
>>64267443
Will this faggot ever make a non-meme original script? Something deeply human and small scale grounded in the issues of contemporary urban society? Or is he too autistic for that?
>>
>>64267523
>>64267586
Nolan has always been unapologetically uber right-wing. 4chan would love him if he wasn't such a mainstream hack.
He used to talk about how indie filmmakers that get government support/financing should go fuck themselves because the BFI never helped him when he was starting out. Add to that all the bullshit in TDK trilogy
>extraditing someone out of a foreign country as a private citizen with no warrant
>mental health hospitals are just ways to brainwash people/test new drugs
>occupy wallstreet was basically just a terrorist with no endgame that hated the rich and wanted everyone to die
>le good looking rich crimefighter that started as an orphan and worked to be the symbol of justice and gives shit loads of money to orphanages
>phone-hacking software that spies on everybody's hones (before the NSA reveal) used to catch the worst terrorist possible

He just so happens to be a bleeding-heart edgy atheist conservative so reddit loves him.
>LOVE TARS
>DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
>>
>>64267443
>He hasn't made a good film since The Dark Knight.
>The Dark Knight
>"good"
>"no"
>>
File: jokeri.jpg (40 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
jokeri.jpg
40 KB, 500x453
>>64268540
It was good because of Heat Legend.
>>
Nolan takes typical oscar-bait scripts and edits them. Because your average oscar-bait script is so focused on a particular subject that retards can't enjoy them without some knowledge/understanding of the subject. Plus, the time spent defining the characters bores them.

So what Nolan does, is he takes a script like that, cuts all character development (which is like 50% of the script) and replaces it with exposition and explosions. But he keeps the focused themes. This attracts plebs who now think his films are oscar-tier but, because they're so much easier to watch and have so many more explosions, plebs think their enjoyment of these films with deep commentary must mean the film is amazing and god-tier

tldr; nolan films make idiots feel clever by dumbing down complex themes
>>
what mumbo jumbo memery will nolan inject into this noble story? I don't believe for a minute it will be a straight ww2 movie.
>>
>>64268733
same as all his movies. love.
>>
>>64268771

but it needs some kind of gimmick to make dumb people feel smart. time travel, backwards bullshit, game theory, dreams etc.

he won't abandon his dumbass fans will he?
>>
>>64268636
>it was good because Heat Legend went full "It's been a long day my friend"

FTFY
>>
File: nolan.png (73 KB, 296x326) Image search: [Google]
nolan.png
73 KB, 296x326
>>64268648
>nolan films make idiots feel clever by dumbing down complex themes

This.
>>
>>64268733
Nothing - this will be a straight shot.

How do you guys not like Nolan? Without him you would all be dying of boredom.
>>
>>64268805
A man who has just lost his wife decides to leave his son and friends behind and take his small boat to Dunkirk to help rescue wounded troops. One his last trip he gets shot but still finishes the load. The men he just rescued look back to thank him and realise he is already dead. Maybe he was dead the whole time. On the dash of the boat is a picture of the man's son he left behind, named Alfred.
>>
>>64269157
That's nice, but I have the feeling the catch of this will be a WWII film in IMAX with real planes, props, the whole deal.

Nolan likes to go nuts with the story, but he is a respectful guy who probably isn't about to go gravedancing over the guys who died doing this seventy years ago.
>>
>>64269202
Nothing I wrote is dancing on any grave. A shitload of real guys took their little boats over to act as ferries from shore to hostpital ships and some of them died. Having a kid named Alfred is not anything to get offended over. Dial back your autism.
>>
>>64269288
Alright I didn't know about the small boat thing... my bad.
>>
>>64269157

that's a big twist.

maybe he'll just rehash jacob's ladder somehow.
>>
>>64269317
No worries.
>>
>>64269405
Interesting idea.
>>
>>64269450

not really. unless he is going for 100% oscarbait after crashing so hard with interstellar, I just can't believe it will be a straight story. him and brother just aren't talented enough to make a gimmick-free movie.
>>
>>64268648
>tldr; nolan films make idiots feel clever by dumbing down complex themes
brevity is... wit
>>
>>64269505
>the no-twist twist
Brava
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.