[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2001: A Space Odyssey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (46 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
46 KB, 1920x1080
I feel like a moron.

Can someone please explain to me what happened at the end of this movie?

I was lost at the funkadelic colors. Did Dave essentially live out the remainder of his life within that room at an accelerated rate?
>>
>>64267237
The room was kind of like a waiting room the aliens built to make Dave feel comfortable as he transitioned into becoming the star child.
>>
>>64267287
What the fuck is a star child though? Is this something that Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick came up with or did they simply borrow from another lore?
>>
>>64267410
a higher being, the next stage of human evolution
>>
>>64267237

So the guy ended up experiencing the timeline of his life in a single moment. This realization upgraded him to a cosmic baby.

It's gay as fuck, I know. Boomers are retarded.
>>
>>64269231
I read it more as the longing and search for something greater is what brings us further in our evolutionary path.
>>
add to promote the merrican moon landing for movie hipsters.
>>
File: 1450234215923.jpg (206 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
1450234215923.jpg
206 KB, 760x596
Basically when he enters the thing it allows him to take the next step in evolution, becoming a being beyond time, space and matter.

Read the book. It's better than the "pretty effects void of plot" flick.
>>
>>64269488
So basically he becomes a god?
>>
>>64269601
More or less, yeah.He doesn't become God as it is implied that it's just another step in evolution but that's basically the gist of it.
>>
>>64269422
You mean... "AD"????
>>
>>64267237
You're not a moron. It is what it is. start there.
>>
>>64269704
no merrica has evolved beyond spelling properly
>>
>>64267237
He's awaiting the next jump in evolution via the space gods. That's what the giant space baby is. It's beyond our comprehension with our tiny human brains.
>>
>>64269699
If I remember correctly, I believe that what used to Bowman (his memories, personality, etc) is stored away for sakekeeping as well.
I really should get back into those books, things get almost hilariously weird in the sequels.
>>
"If you understand '2001' completely, we failed. We wanted to raise far more questions than we answered." ~ Arthur C. Clarke
>>
>>64269851
>hurrr durrr commie bullshit like 90% of movies.
>>
>>64269882
I wonder how Arthur C. Clarke would respond to this post.
>>
This helped me understand a lot of it OP

http://www.kubrick2001.com/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.