[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss based movies that are -maybe- 'objectively'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: kurtjtandrex.jpg (47 KB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
kurtjtandrex.jpg
47 KB, 640x416
ITT: We discuss based movies that are -maybe- 'objectively' not that good, fuck up the ending, do not have a very indulging plot and/or have bad acting.
But you love them for that.

Movies you watch more often than Citizen Kane or TDKR, although you know Citizen is the superior movie and you should watch it more often. There's just something about these movies.

Pic related:
Kurt Russel in Breakdown (personally highly recommended) kicking ass as a generic man that goes to save his woman and all of a sudden is very, very resourceful and skilled. No matter how unrealistic it is, it stands symbolic for what a man will (and possibly can) do for a woman when he loves her.

The late J.T Walsh' performance as the bad guy family man is also pretty memorable and menacing.

The action scene where Jeff climbs under the truck is one of my favorite action sequences. But apart from solid action sequences there is real suspense/tension throughout.

Also, what did you think of the fact they eventually dropped the truck on Red? did he deserve it? was it the right way to go for the movie and what would you have done irl?
>>
>>64267142
I'm only in this thread to agree that Breakdown is indeed a sweetass and underrated movie.
>>
The Princess and the Warrior is my favorite romance film of all time.

A romance film made by Germans.

Fite me fuckers.

Will def check out breakdown
>>
>>64267180
And I prefer the bit where *spoilers* he walks in on the family while they're eating and the kid comes out with the shotgun. Dat tension.
>>
>>64267180
so whats your opinion on the truck at the end?
>>
File: 1386833883000.jpg (16 KB, 296x279) Image search: [Google]
1386833883000.jpg
16 KB, 296x279
>>64267180
>>64267211
The whole families reaction to him walking into the kitchen is priceless.
>>
Beyond the Reach was a great flick ruined by a shitty protag and a hilariously bad ending
>>
>>64267211
yeah. i think that is good movie making to show the kid coming up for his dad although his dad is probably a psychopath. hmm makes me wonder, maybe JT's character was indeed a psychopath. His care for his family seemed really utilitarian. I bet he didnt even really love his son. because he asked him to pull the trigger
>>
>>64267224
Well, the wife pulling the break off seemed a *little* bit forced, but shit, the rest of the movie was great. Also that bit where the highway trooper gets gunned down on the road was fucking brilliant. Did they ever release that on Bluray/HD? I might have to watch the movie again.
>>
>>64267351
*handbrake
>>
File: tumblr_m3ghih4jhh1r6s53m.jpg (28 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3ghih4jhh1r6s53m.jpg
28 KB, 320x213
>>64267314
it's not even that bit, it's the bit where the kid starts crying. And I love the bit where Russell kicks JT down the basement hole thing where his wife was being kept. Fuck, that was a well directed movie.

>just now I look up what else Jonathan Mostow (the director) has directed:

>Breakdown (1997)
>U-571 (2000)
>Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

...what the fuck?
>>
Fucking magical movie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.