[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the best films ever made.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 180x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 180x270
This is one of the best films ever made.
>>
Yes, so?
>>
>>64267066
So, yes.
>>
Apparently it's a "docudrama".
I don't get this. I need to watch this again I don't remember any scenes with the real people talking to the camera about their memories.
>>
Tom Hanks ends up in a lot of good stuff.

Big
Toy Story
Saving Private Ryan
Castaway
A League of Their Own
Forrest Gump

I think his only work I didnt like was that Captain Philips or whatever movie.
>>
>>64267046

>implying

This was reddit the movie before there was reddit. At least GRAVITY had the courage to star a leading woman.
>>
>>64267122
A dramatized documentary. They took a documentary and dramatized it.
>>
>>64267170
Your tumblrshit has no power here.
This is Tom Hanks. He transcends the petty squabbling of the sexes.
He is neither man nor woman.
He is Tom Hanks.
>>
Saving Private Ryan was followed by Band of Brothers and Apollo 13 was followed by From the Earth to the Moon. Unfortunately it wasn't as successful.
>>
>>64267122
There are plenty of those. Apollo 13 is nearly 100% accurate and uses artistic license only to transcend the film format. It is one of the most gripping dramas ever.

Humans have retold stories for as long as we have existed. Now we use film.
>>
>>64267046
Ron Howard's best film.
>>
>>64267395
Adventures are good for docudramas. There's Shackleton's Captain, The Wildest Dream and Beyond the Edge and probably a couple more but those three are a must see for anyone who loves things like adventure, expedition and harrowing tales of survival.
>>
one of the great underlooked and underrated works of the 90s and almost certainly ron howards best.

serious question though, is this a movie or a film? it feels like a movie and is definitely presented as such stylistically, but there are filmatic themes and some.. bigger ideas that are kind of underplayed but ever present.

i feel like the emphasis and how the narrative specifically is treated and approached makes it a movie, but i can't get past the fact that it is most definitely a film story that maybe just happens to be presented as a movie for commercial (and dare i even say artistic?) reasons.

someone help me here
>>
>>64267732
>a movie
>or a film

Anon, I want to introduce you to the word "synonym".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.