[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Macbeth? For me it was pretty good, though I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Macfuckyou.jpg (173 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Macfuckyou.jpg
173 KB, 1500x1000
Thoughts on Macbeth?

For me it was pretty good, though I would have liked to see more of King Lupin.
>>
File: FUCK.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>saying the name
>not 'That Scottish movie'
enjoy your curse
>>
>>64267117
But "that scottish movie" might also be Braveheart. Checkmate imperialist scum
>>
>>64266302
It was underwhelming but that's because I was expecting a fucking masterpiece but it's definitely in the top 5% of quality cinema of this shitty year.
>>
>>64267304
so.. "that new scottish movie"
>>
>>64267117
that curse only affects live performances you dumb fuck
>>
Good movie. Too much slow motion in the beginning but the rest of it was fine. 10/10 soundtrack.

a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶h̶ ̶c̶o̶t̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶u̶h̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶s̶y̶
>>
>>64267117
Does the curse still apply if you type it out?
>>
>>64266302
I want to watch this adaption so bad but none of the theatres in my country seem to screen it. also no proper resolution torrents and it would be a shame to watch a 480 p version with this camera work.
It's great that there is a proper shooted macbeth adaption, the older ones seem to have missed the dramatic potential with the cinematography.
>>
>>64266302
How many nig nogs in it though?
>>
>>64268230
Z E R O
E E
R R
O O
>>
>>64268262
kek
>>
>>64266302
I remember having to read Macbeth for our Senior year of Highschool, and since no one liked to read, I got to read practically all the leading roles by myself.

I was like that one guy on youtube who won't shut up about how he can do a million different character voices.

Acting out Shakespeare plays are really fun as fuck. They have so much action and drama and excitement in them.

Which is why it surprises me when Shakespeare movies only get 70-80% approval ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and stuff...

I DO remember the sword fight scene in Roman's adaptation of the play. It was bretty good smhtbhfam.
>>
Is a rip out yet?

I missed it in cinemas but I'd like to see it.
>>
do they talk like faggots in this movie as well
>>
As an adaptation is it good like Coriolanus, or utter TRASH like The Tempest?

Shakespeare doesn't seem to always work in the modern movie style.
>>
>>64266302
No screener yet
I accidentally downloaded the 1970 version by the world renowned Pedo director instead. Still have to watch it.
I heard its really pretty
>>
>>64269321
It's pretty good.
You should also watch the Throne Of Blood.
>>
HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH! HAIL MACBETH!
>>
>>64269321
The Polanski one is good, I just wateched it recently. It's a bit slow but it holds up.
>>
>>64266302
I loved it, the acting was incredible and I'm honestly a little pissed that Fassbender is getting more attention for Steve Jobs than he is for this. Marion Cotillard was also really good in the 'spot' scene. Cinematography is great. To me, though, it suffered from some pacing issues near the middle, but the ending brought it right back up. Honestly, highest praise is how visually stunning it is, so fucking beautiful
>>
Friendly reminder that if you want really good Shakespeare download the recorded RSC productions.

The one for King Lear with McKellen is really, REALLY good.
>>
>>64268262
Phew
>>
Screener when
>>
beautiful cinematography, perfect soundtrack, great performances, loved the pacing too - it was slow burn for sure but I liked the "meditativeness" of some passages, could have been longer though, ending felt a bit rushed
bonus points for Swans in the trailer
8/10 will see again
>>
File: 1451128799321.jpg (144 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
1451128799321.jpg
144 KB, 700x933
>>64269107
aye, knave.
>>
>no Branagh
What's the point
>>
>>64270915
Shakespeare existed before Branagh, you know.
>>
>>64270985
Yeah, but there are no good film adaptions of Shakespeare before Branagh.
>>
>>64270903
Literally who?
>>
>>64271010
Not true and you know it.
>>
>we want the Game of Thrones audience

shit adaption desu senpai. Polanski's version is vastly superior.
>>
>>64271010
Jesus, have you never heard of Sir Laurence Olivier?
>>
>>64271015
that's scott steiner
>>
>>64272519
What are you basing this on?
>>
I love the play will I like this?
>>
>>64266302
It was a great adaptation. The acting, costumes and sets were fantastic. Also no sjw shit with race bending. Made me miss high school where I was able to indulge in this crap.
>>
SCREENER

WHEN
>>
>>64266302
when and where can I watch this fucking movie

I am from Holland
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.