[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was with the random narrative in the middle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 612x380
What was with the random narrative in the middle?
>>
Racist police
>>
>>64262223
>What was with the random narrative in the middle?

what you talking about? jackson's? and do you guys think he really made the general's son suck the bbc
>>
>>64262223
Taritauliosno must've wrote the script, read it over, shot it, and either forgot to explain a crucial part of the movie, or got so engrossed in Samuel's beautiful retelling of "The Black Peckerhead", he forgot to reposition the camera. So, to save his ass, he hoped into the boof, wrote some bullshit narration to explain the scenes, and spat it out in one take.

Of course, because he is well-known for his "brilliant" use of non-sequintors, he gets a free pass to pull that crap.
>>
>>64262406
Without being autistic, I kind of agree. Seems like he got into the editing booth and couldn't find a way to effectively tell the story with the footage he had shot.

I still think he could have though.
>>
>>64262223
About to watch either this, the big short, or the revenant, which is better
>>
do you mean narration?
>>
>>64262564
I haven't seen Revenant yet, but THE is better than TBS
>>
>>64262406
>>64262447
What could have it been to make the narration possibly?

>>64262564
How is it better?

>>64262598
TBS?
>>
File: wjdk bird.gif (994 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wjdk bird.gif
994 KB, 250x250
>>64262741
>What could have it been to make the narration possibly?
>>
Revenant sucked so hard and it was super unrealistic.
>>
>>64262957
Any ideas of theories..?
>>
>that final scene with Goggins and SLJ hanging the bitch

was great mang. I know /tv/ hates TH8 for WARM DINGUS but it was p. good

better than jango atleast. Maybe part of why i enjoyed it so much was just the theatre experience, saw the roadshow cut in a fantastic theater with a great audience, also had good seats
>>
File: 1450880237490.jpg (51 KB, 463x263) Image search: [Google]
1450880237490.jpg
51 KB, 463x263
>>
>>64263189
>movie ends withtwo racists joining together to do what's right

Beautiful moral.
>>
File: 1437704535090.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1437704535090.gif
439 KB, 640x360
WARM
>>
>>64262406
this is probably the right answer. Other possibilities:
>Tarantino's original cut was too long was told to trim by producers
>Taranfeeto hit a writers block and just thought he write the rest of the script and come back to this point...and never did
>>
>>64263189
better than jango atleast

No. Django has a sort of charm that TH8 does not. There's more happening and the story doesn't draw itself out with backstory. Not to mention better characters that you could/couldn't feel for and better acting.
>>
>>64262223
It's actually after the intermission, which you'd prolly kno nothin about lel. Kinda made sense to me.
>>
Just Quentin self indulging again
>>
>>64263723
I'll give you better story because there was an actual story, but hateful 8 had better characters for sure.

django and waltz were sort of boring characters
>>
>>64262223

Are you guys fucking retarded? Have you never seen a breaking of the 4th wall before?

>what is metanarrative?

It's almost like he was expecting you to go out to your car and get high as fuck during intermission, and then laugh your ass off during Daisy's Got A Secret as I did.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.