[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Episode I Podrace Scene > The Force Awakens' Entire 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Podrace.png (865 KB, 1280x575) Image search: [Google]
Podrace.png
865 KB, 1280x575
Episode I Podrace Scene > The Force Awakens' Entire 2 Hour & 16 Minute Runtime

This is the objective truth. There is more imagination and spectacle in this one scene than the entirety of TFA.
>>
You are not wrong
>>
>>64261442
Sorry fagola, no matter how much you want people to not like TFA, the prequels still suck shit.
>>
>>64261442
You guys with these posts make it seem that being better than TFA is hard or some kind of accomplishment
>>
>>64261467
I think he might definitely not be incorrect
>>
>based lucas has a scene from initial d
I enjoyed the prequels when watching them for the first time, I can't say that about VII
>>
>>64261512
The first one was alright, but then they killed off Liam Neeson and everything went to shit.
>>
>>64261467
Yeah.. actually, I think so. I mean, at least people tried to act in that movie.
+Liam Neeson
>>
File: 1450831885389.jpg (63 KB, 467x660) Image search: [Google]
1450831885389.jpg
63 KB, 467x660
Eventually this meme is going to move all the way to the farthest extreme saying all Star Wars is shit all the time.
>>
>>64261442
...followed by an hour and 1/2 of shit on a screen
>>
>>64261442
Think about the story. A man enters and then wins a race. That hadn't been done in star wars before. Phenomenal.
>>
>>64261442
George Lucas's vision of the world building far exceed his ability to build them. He just ended up depending on CGI, which was not that great back then and age horribly in a few years.

I think TFA did lack severely in creativity. The only nice part was Rey's home planet in the beginning, even if it is just a slight twist from tatooine. Everything, from military assets, droids, and weapons are just recycled and recolored(using "fan service" as the excuse). Even new alien forms are heavily recycled or uncreative. Maz Kanata is an absolutely lazy design for a major character who looks like E.T. or a generic big head big eyes, small noses alien.

Even when recycling stuffs, they fail to make it as impressive as the prequel. The new "death star" is just bigger but worse in every other aspect compared to both of the previous death star.
>>
>>64261722
nah
>>
>>64261626
Not funny
>>
>>64261805
I agree with the op, podracing was dope.
the phantom menace introduced a lot of the cool new stuff, but it was also farthest away from the original timeline. as the other prequels progressed they got more and more lazy and reliant on cgi and more "hey look see we're tying it up with the original movies" what did aotc introduce? boba fett clones, sand people slaughtering, cgi yoda fights, colloseum battle.
the only thing new in revenge of the sith was greivous.
TFA was building on the original lore and had the original cast and was closer in the timeline, they were more restricted with how far they could deviate. it's like what can you do. fan service plays a part of it. they're free to deviate and expand in the sequels now that they've set the stage with the new characters.
>>
>>64261442
This is the only good thing about episode one anyways.
>>
>>64262036
>no Evan obi wan
>none of the bluepilled racist humor
>>
>>64261512
The prequels do suck shit, just not as bad as TFA
>>
>>64262291
aotc and rots are literally video game cutscenes.
>>
>>64262017
The whole droid army, the clone army, and their tanks, gunships, walkers, and spaceships are pretty cool. There were a lot of different designs, though some of aliens are comical and out of places. George Lucas was trying to expand the universe with multiple different aliens and alien worlds.

What does the TFA bring? Even the grand battle finale for the "bigger death star" consists of a few x-wing and tie fighters. For a while, you forget that this is suppose to be a struggle for the galaxy instead of just human and nazis in space. Even the battle of Endor in ROTJ see more diversity on the set with a whole fleet of different ships from the rebel for the attack.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.