[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ btfo yet again >http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: btfo.jpg (157 KB, 1180x861) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
157 KB, 1180x861
/tv/ btfo yet again

>http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/28/daisy-ridley-only-yesterday-exclusive
>>
pastebin or kill yourself
>>
>>64261138

>A talking Xenomorph

My God.
>>
contractually obligated, move along.
>>
>>64261138
that stupid brit slag probably never even saw the damn movie just read off a script. especially since disney holds distribution rights to ghibli movies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gSKk-wwLsY

sounds pretty damn good tbqh
>>
File: oy_poster.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1754) Image search: [Google]
oy_poster.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1754
Her american accent kinda sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=5gSKk-wwLsY
>>
Following Luke's footsteps i see.
>>
Is she a good actress? I fon't plan to watch TFA anytime soon, and I think this is one pf the only things she's been in. She looks like she speaks her lines like a robot though.
>>
But only yesterday came out years ago?
>>
File: 1404007731824.jpg (43 KB, 535x600) Image search: [Google]
1404007731824.jpg
43 KB, 535x600
>dubs

Check these plebs
>>
File: 1413510615738.jpg (64 KB, 935x858) Image search: [Google]
1413510615738.jpg
64 KB, 935x858
>>64261380
POTTERY
>>
>>64261138
>read about Daisy Ridley deadlifting 180 lbs last night
>go to work and coworker joking tells me to go the the gym with him and another coworker
>okay.jpg
>deadlift 180 lbs no problem and I never ever work out
>spent the day before on a latter for hours on end and crouched over/reaching out
>back is fucked
>try 300
>get it to my knees and my back just gives out
>I'm only 24
>17 year old coworker does 345

Just fuck me up senpai.
>>
>>64261688
No shit
this is a re-release with English dubbing
>>
>>64261138
>dubs
whatever
>>
>>64261764

It was dubbed years ago though
>>
File: nice_meme.gif (3 MB, 408x264) Image search: [Google]
nice_meme.gif
3 MB, 408x264
>>64261197
>>
This is great news, Disney has been putting off releasing this for years.
>>
So for doing the American voices they got a Bong Slag and that Paki from The Newsroom?
>>
>>64261757
Can you imagine being as weak as a woman, though?
>>
>>64261820
and they have a black man voicing a japanese man in samurai jack, who the fuck cares? in VA as long as you don't sound like some brain dead troglodyte it doesn't matter where you're from or your race
>>
>>64261757
>comparing yourself with someone who trains on a regular basis
just look at yourself you stupid fuck, it's not like you're gonna deadlift 300 on day one.
christ the stupidity on this board
kill yourself
>>
>"Wowed Audiences"

Ugh no it didn't. The majority praised Poe or Harrisons enthusiasm and a select few with political interests either praised Rey or Finn despite both being below average.

She isn't going to be getting a rush of big budget job offers anytime soon.
>>
>>64261883
Yeah I realized that nearly instantly and I don't have proper form.

It's not "stupidity" it's ignorance. You're the dumbass for not realizing the difference.
>>
>>64261617
no she isn't and you pretty much have it right. She also has moments where she is terrible at reacting to the scene environment around her.
>>
>Only Yesterday
>heralded classic

lmao it's one of Ghibli's weakest
>>
>>64261971
Finn was way fucking better than Poe in enthusiasm though, I don't even know how anyone would say otherwise especially given the rather massive difference in screentime where Finn's character was able to shine
>>
>>64261789
>>64261789
Didn't know that, but I knowTotoro has two different dubbed versions, pretty sure it's due to rights issues, US rights to the film switch hands but not rights to use the previous distributors' dub so they do their own? might be wrong about that though
>>
>>64262024
This, what the fuck? The only people who would be impressed by it are those who know nothing about anime outside of the popular Ghibli fare and think SoL is unique in anime
>>
>>64262028

I didn't mean Finn wasn't enthusiastic, the only fault with him was the shit dialogue he was given to try and deliver.

>"Do you have a cute boyfriend?"

I meant Harrison's enthusiasm specifically was a surprise to reviews i've read and myself.
>>
When is Disney just going to bite the bullet and buy Ghibli.
>>
>>64262187
Ghibli is dead, anon.
>>
>>64262045

They have to talk it up to justify the article.
>>
>>64262024
It's not the weakest just because it's relatively unknown in the West.

>>64262045
It's not SoL. People really have to stop abusing this term.

>>64262187
I don't think Ghibli can be bought, or that they would ever sell.
>>
>>64261371
Yeah, when she says "high point of their youth" it reaches emma watson levels of bad american accent. I mean holy shit
>>
>>64262045
>>64262024
For me I think it's their best work. But I can see why people would consider it their weakest
>>
>>64261138

>dubbed anime
>ever
>>
>its another star wars thread
When are you kids back at school?
>>
File: 1451129355013.jpg (66 KB, 599x451) Image search: [Google]
1451129355013.jpg
66 KB, 599x451
>Watching Ghibli movies in English

Fuck off
All of you
>>
>>64261344
I really dislike American redub. Are the British any better?
>>
>>64262041
Nope, all material created for a Japanese titles remains with the Japanese. Pioneer hired a company to dub Trigun, the Japanese then included that dub for free to the company that licensed it in Australia (Madman) and Singapore. Pioneer had hurt feelings, but zero rights over the issue.

That's why some companies include all the different dubs just as a fun bonus. The Secret of Mamo Lupin movie and one other come to mind. There's like 4 or 5 dubs for each of those now.
>>
>>64264515
Generally worse. Some really old ones like the Patlabor movies and Dominion Tank Police have their charm, but generally the Brit ones are a waste of time.
>>
>>64264471
>Watching Ghiblishit

Fuck off.
>>
>watching dubbed anime
>watching animated japanese movie about emotional struggles of a boring woman
ayyyyy lmao thanks the high ground Im too big for that.
>>
>>64264471
But some of them are superior in english.

British Arriety or Kiki's Delivery Service.

Stay the fuck away from the American Arriety.
>>
>>64262041
Disney redubs the things mostly to give higher production values and more "localized" flair anyway. It ends up a bit of a mixed bag as they don't seem to carry the full weight of the original in their localizations by choosing some weaker words, but at the same time the talent and overall quality like background noise/voices steps it up. Such as Porco Rosso being, in my opinion, superior for the Disney dub overall. Sure they lose some stuff in translation that the original English dub got really accurate and fit well, but you hear more people talking in the background in scenes instead of just ambient sound, and the cast was much more into it and brought the characters to life more.

Of course their last few dubs have been more about putting famous people on the cover over talent to draw people in, rather than deliver an optimal product. Kind of how a lot of American dubbing has become lately. I see the casting choice on this one is more of that and it's a shame for something so overlooked in their releases.
>>
>>64265912
Kiki's dub fucks everything up. Her cat has a completely different personality and the dub even changes the story. They were told they can't cut anything, so they did the next best thing.
>>
>>64261138
That came out like years ago, it wasnt even good
>>
>>64265912
>Stay the fuck away from the American Arriety.
I thought I was alone. I don't know how I managed to find the Brit dub first, but after hearing the American one later I really had a greater appreciation for the version I found.
>>
>>64262045
Go back to your Keions and Non Non Byori, you fucking retard.
>>
>>64264797
>says while watching haremshit, shonenshit or both.
>>
>>64261138
Is there anything these jews wont conspire to ruin?
>>
>>64261138
>a ghibli facsimile
>>
>>64261371
At leas the teeth match
>>
>>64261197
That was actually the original ending of Alien
>>
>watching the dubbed version
I hate to come off as a turbo weeb, but eat a bag of dicks, you cucks
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.