[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this last night, what the fuck is up with the ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_4VBC7IYt.jpg (67 KB, 484x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_4VBC7IYt.jpg
67 KB, 484x720
I just finished this last night, what the fuck is up with the ending?
>>
>>64260546
It's scifi 2beehonest
>>
Oddly enough, one of the few stories Philip K. Dick wrote while not doing assloads of meth.
>>
>>64260546
did nazis take over america or something

did /pol/ write this series
>>
>>64260642
alternate universe history where the Nazis win because they invenr the Abomb first and America is split between nazis and Jap control
>>
>>64260702
that sounds kind of cool. I might have to get into that
>>
>>64260546
The actual ending: he uses that locket imbued with Frank's Wu to travel to the real/alternative reality. I can't remember how he travels there in the book.

One idea was something like a reflection on our own prosperity/way of life where the people who got fukt on the way to this prosperity just aren't there or really spoken about. Like the 50's Americana scene for VA day. (this is the vibe I get from the show)

Then something about the nature of reality, which universe is real, something about how everything is similar but independent action matters. The scene with Childan and the lighter was great.

I'm really not sure desu. I can't remember how is I Ching fits into everything but it's the key, haven't read the book in forever and it is really short. And Dick was a schizo. So..

fun fact: he used the i ching to make plot/character/etc decisions in the writing of the novel.
>>
>>64261041
>fun fact: he used the i ching to make plot/character/etc decisions in the writing of the novel.

OH IT SHOWS PHILIP KINDRED, IT SHOWS
>>
>>64260702
former /pol/ here, Nazis had zero interest in taking over America, not that it was actually possible to do.
>>
>>64260642
>>64261173
> doesn't know nazi philosophy took over America
>>
>>64261281
??
>>
>>64260546
Shang tsung prequel
>>
Were they too scared to put swastikas on the posters?
>>
>>64262626
yeh, advertising bruh. they got their ad pulled from nyc metro and there was no swastika, just that eagle and rising sun flag.

swastikas everywhere in the show though
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.