[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Never invented the wheel >Can't into microbiology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: War_worlds_spielberg_43_x.jpg (51 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
War_worlds_spielberg_43_x.jpg
51 KB, 400x306
>Never invented the wheel
>Can't into microbiology
>Need to fucking fire themselves out of a cannon to get to Earth because they don't know how rockets work
>Said cannon turns the entire surface of Mars into a volcanic winter after only ten shots
>Fail to take into account Earth's higher gravity, thus instantly killing their own food species upon arrival
>Take days to adapt to primitive Victorian era tactics despite taking the country entirely by surprise
>Allow themselves to be destroyed several times by walking up to the enemy when they could just keep their distance and fire heat rays
>Neutralise their own chemical weapons when there are still living humans and they literally have no reason to do so

Why were the Martians so fucking retarded?
>>
>>64257910
>a few martians make mistakes
>HURR ALL MARTIANS ARE RETARDED
i want the /pol/ bigots off my /tv/
>>
>>64257982
Seriously they need to fuck off back to their containment board. I guarantee none of them have ever met or even spoken two words to a single Martian in their entire miserable lives.
>>
>>64257982
>pol now hates aliens
>>
>>64258042
>>64258051

>Martians invade
>/pol/ explodes
>News footage of young white male shouting at a tripod
>"FUCK OFF BACK TO VENUS YOU SPACENIGGERS"
>>
File: 1445113024762.png (74 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1445113024762.png
74 KB, 499x499
>>64257910
The aliens in Spielberg's version are not Martians, they're described as coming from "a darker corner of the universe"
>>
Not all Martians are invaders you fucking /pol/tard. Mars is a planet of peace
>>
>>64257910
It's implied that microorganisms either never existed on Mars or their biological sciences eliminated them so long ago they can no longer remember them.

As for the cannon thing, at the time the book was written it was predominantly believed that this was the only way space travel could have been done. Ironically I'm pretty sure Wells' works inspired the first liquid fuel rockets.
>>
>>64258136
Actually they're described as coming from "a darker corner of your anus"
>>
>>64257910
This movie was ruined by the fucking little girl.
>>
File: hurrburrt.png (61 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
hurrburrt.png
61 KB, 500x411
>>64258108
>"FUCK OFF BACK TO VENUS YOU SPACENIGGERS"
>>
>>64258241
I give this reply one quarter portion.
>>
>>64258329
But it was half a portion last week!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.