[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never understood, why did Obi Wan let Darth Vader kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 188466.gif.jpg (156 KB, 1450x815) Image search: [Google]
188466.gif.jpg
156 KB, 1450x815
I've never understood, why did Obi Wan let Darth Vader kill him like that? Why didn't he hang around and help Luke fight the Empire?
>>
>>64256191
Obi-Wan was just an incompetent retard the entire time.

Turns out he Prequels didn't ruin his character, they just explained why he was such a fuck up.
>>
>>64256191

to become more powerful than Vader could possibly imagine
>>
He had raging diarrhea all the time and it got all over his robes constantly. He humiliated himself on a daily basis. Wouldn't you want to die?
>>
>>64256191
Obi Wan says "IF you strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

His point isn't that he'll turn into a ghost. You'll notice he makes absolutely sure Luke is there to witness Vader killing him before he dies. Obi Wan is giving Luke a reason to fight to empire, an emotional foothold to really want to take Vader down.
>>
>>64256191
That's strange, since it was answered for you when you made this thread last week
>>
>>64256191
He was distracting Vader so the others could get away.

Then he was allowing himself to die to manipulate Luke onto the required path.
>>
to achieve the spiritual high ground
>>
When I was a kid, I thought the lightsaber disintegrated him.

I just thought that's what they did for a long time and was confused when it only cut of Luke's hand in Empire.
>>
why does he disappear when hit with the lightsaber but now it just causes a minor burn?
>>
>>64256402
He became one with the Force.
>>
>>64256191
He's a Martyr.

And he could guide Luke in ways he couldn't if he was alive. How would he have given Luke the advice to trust in the force at the crucial moment when he was about to blow up the death star?
>>
>>64256349
Came here to post this, like I do in all of these stupid threads. This question was answered almost 40 years ago.
>>
>>64256191
Can you not grasp a basic plot point? Just fuck back off to whatever board you came from
>>
>>64256454
Well thanks for articulating it for me anon, I wasn't able to really phrase it until you spelled it out for me
>>
>>64256349
>>64256402
Why does he lop someone's arm off in the cantina and there's blood all over the place?
>>
>>64256523
That guy was like a werewolf or something
>>
>>64256349
So basically Obi Wan manipulates Luke into becoming fueled by hatred and revenge. That jedi wisdom
>>
couldn't Obi Wan have done all of that without getting himself killed?
>>
man that fight sucked ass, i would have killed the fuck out of both of them and become the new sith lord
>>
>>64256191

Because he is tired and old.
>>
>>64257202
Both actors were like 70-80 years old man, lay off.
>>
>>64256523
Because, talk shit get hit.

>death sentence on 12 systems...

Pfft... If only that nigga knew the shit Obi-wan did years before.
>>
>>64256191
Self-sacrefice. please stop posting.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.