[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there been a more inspired casting choice this year? He literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Has there been a more inspired casting choice this year? He literally saved the movie
>>
He did. As someone who has been told (even before this movie made Adam Driver popular) that I look like him I really am glad he was in it. He did a good job as Kylo and he's the only reason I'm interested in seeing the next movies.
>>
>>64256092
I really don't get the love for this guy. His performance was wooden (I'm sure he's a good actor in other things but he could not save the writing for his character)
>>
>>64256092

I actually agree. I ended up liking Kylo a lot more than I thought I would.
>>
>>64256092
I honestly enjoyed Poe more.
The movie left me wanting to know more about how he got off Jakku.
>>
>>64256313
ITs actually his worst role yet. What you're seeing is desperation for something to like in this mediocre movie and a tasteless /co/mblr pleb OP
>>
>>64256359
Wait, what /co/ stuff is he in? Has he done a lot of voice stuff or something?
>>
>>64256313
His acting was good, particularly on the bridge scene. But the reason people like him isn't just the acting, but how the character was written. He starts off intimidating, but once he takes off his mask you realize that he's just an edgy petulant kid with daddy issues. The film instead of having a plot twist, it has a character twist. And in a movie that copies A New Hope beat for beat, the fact that they didn't just make another Vader makes him the most memorable part of the movie.
>>
Look at his filmography-- Driver has been great or at very least, serviceable in everything he's done

If nothing else JJ and Kathleen should be lauded for their casting choices
>>
>>64256446
Nothing
I'm saying OP is from /co/ and is desperate for something to praise in this trash movie
>>
>he's ugly so he's great actor!
Its Cucumberbatch all over again
>>
>>64256539
>I'm saying OP is from /co/
I'm not
>>
>>64256539
But /co/ also hates this movie, or at least a lot of people there do
>>
>>64257011
It's weird how JJ gets so much ire on the internet when Whedon and Nolan are infinitely worse directors.
>>
>>64257041
It's just that a large amount of 4chan users feel the need to act contrarian so that nobody suspects they actually like something that's popular.

There is a lot of praise for the movie here, and /tv/ isn't one person.
>>
>>64256092
not enoough Poe and Finn bromance
i was rooting for Kylo,not maRey-sue.
>>64257041
JJ is rehash master flex where nolan whedon are mostly opposed hacks.
>>
>>64257516
Have you ever based an opinion on a desire to be different than the mainstream even if it was contrary to how you actually felt? Or is it just something you think other people (whose opinions you disagree with) do?

I suspect that rarely if ever happens, and is nothing more than an easy way to dismiss opinions you don't like or can't argue against effectively.
>>
>>64256475
It makes me sad, because the reason most people don't like him is exactly why I love him. NOT being Vader makes him an infinitely better antagonist than whatever we could have got.
>>
>>64257565
It's clearly something that happens on /tv/, given the numerous threads bashing great films like Mad Max, Birdman, and There Will Be Blood.
>>
>>64257565
It happens a lot. As someone who frequently browsed /a/ and /v/ in the past and actively participated in the communities they provided, you would see a vocal majority voicing dislike for popular things (ie Evangelion), but if you lost the anonymity and took part on an offsite discussion with people who used the board they would readily admit that they enjoyed the same thing.

Anonymity just gives people the ability to say things they don't actually believe and forms the illusion that not only are those the popular opinions, but that they most be conformed to in order to be part of the collective.
>>
>>64257630
Why are they great films? Do explain in great detail
>>
File: 1451024168383.png (362 KB, 504x436) Image search: [Google]
1451024168383.png
362 KB, 504x436
>>64256092
>>
>>64257583
agreed
>>
>>64257583
They're going to ruin him in the next movie because everyone wants "muh badass"
>>
>>64256475
>>64257583
this
>>
>>64257041

this.

Nolan and ESPECIALLY Whedon know nothing compared to JJ.
>>
All the plebs are complaining about him. We as a public don't deserve good movies
>>
>>64256621
A lot of people find him to be attractive, actually, same with cucumberbotch. He's one of those 'not traditionally attractive, but attractive" types.
>>
>>64256092
>the extra from degrassi saved A New Hope 2: Laser Boogaloo
>>
Has he shown his dick on Girls? I want to see it
>>
No, we want a total pussy who can't beat an untrained girl.
Fuck off
>>
File: WHATATWEEST.jpg (16 KB, 298x387) Image search: [Google]
WHATATWEEST.jpg
16 KB, 298x387
>>64256475
>the character twist is that he is actually retarded
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.