[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, can we all agree that Force Awakens soundtrack was huge fail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
So, can we all agree that Force Awakens soundtrack was huge fail?
The only memorable piece was Rey's theme and it was more suitable for some Red riding hood ecranisation.
Post what you thought were great, seriously all OT is shit, wtf
>>
>>64254185
It is actually great. The opening track is good especially the part where Kylo lands and BB8 leaves the village, those are some great but short parts in the soundtrack I really liked just like the Poe + Finn theme. Rey's theme is great and so is Scavenger. I liked march of the resistance as well, it gets better the more you hear it. The ending and second to last tracks were really great and probably the best of the soundtrack.
>>
Yeah it was pretty obviouw John phoned it in. Literally nothing memorable, even compared to the prequels.
>>
>>64254678
>Memorable
>Only out for a few weeks
It needs time..
>>
>>64254185
What about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
>>
Was recorded in LA instead of London. John is an older man now and there are rumours he is unwell.
>>
>>64254791
I've listened to nearly all of johns work over the years.

You can just tell he isn't trying anymore. He's getting old, we just have to accept it.
>>
There was a soundtrack? Didn't even notice
>>
>>64254185
We all agree that you're a huge faggot and should kill yourself.
>>
Tried to discuss this with my friends.

>YOU'RE JUST BEING CONTRARIAN IT WAS A GREAT ADDITION TO THE FRANCHISE

That's like the only negative I've talked about with them because I actually liked the movie and they know it. The music minus a few tunes really was forgettable. I liked Jedi Steps (may just be because I like Luke so I'm associating that music with finally seeing him again for the first time in 25 years) but Rey's Theme sounded like it belonged in Harry Potter.
>>
>>64254945
>You can just tell he isn't trying anymore.
I wouldn't say that. His style has definitely changed since his earlier (more iconic) stuff from the 70s and 80s, which is fair enough. His recent scores are more like contemporary classical music, like the stuff Vaughan Williams wrote. It's not that suitable for film but it's still better than 95% of film soundtracks coming out these days
>>
Its fucking terrible
Only mongoloids that know nothing about music praise it
>>
>>64254819
Can't hold a candle to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzIelt75e0
>>
It was horrible. I love John Williams but he is too old. They should have got Giacchino to do it since he respects old themes and introduces new good ones
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.