[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think about Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
What did you think about Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003)
>>
I watched it and the prequels for the first time a few weeks ago, I thought it was pretty awesome
>>
Best portrayal of most prequel characters.
>>
loved it, best thing they had going involving the prequels. Real shame it's not canon anymore.
>>
File: 1435356582413.jpg (53 KB, 741x533) Image search: [Google]
1435356582413.jpg
53 KB, 741x533
Best Star Wars since ESB, Better than TFA.
>>
Best prequel media that isn't Republic Commando.
>>
>>64252813
They treated Windu alot better than that racist fucking 3D series.

Seriously, in the clone wars Mace just gets disrespected by Skywalker every episode he's in, and thats all he ever does. Dude is canonically the greatest swordsman in the existence, and I don't think he ever fought a single person or even drew his saber in the 3D show.
Fuck, that show makes me angry. They should have just kept the Gendy one, star wars is best done samurai jack style, tbqh-senpai.

Also the Mortis arc was the worst thing to rape the lore, not countingbioware related offenses.
>>
>>64252813
B A S E D
>>
>>64252813
>2d
what the prequels should have been
>3d
crap at first but GOAT by the end
didn't like S6 though
>>
How come Ben wears that white armor in the show but never in the films? Even the toys give him that white armor.
>>
>>64252813

I thought it was kind of mindless action, but fun enough. 3D series started out weak but got pretty darned good.
>>
>>64252813
remember it fondly but on the rewatch it was actually not too well done and had a hard time remaining self-consistent.
>>
>>64253891
>Disliking s6
The best duels in the franchise took place in s6
>>
>>64253841
I stopped watching the new Clone Wars because I found Ahsoka annoying. Did it get any better after the first season? I loved the one from 2003 though. Grievous felt intimidating, Anakin wasn't an autistic rapist, Windu was actually respectable.
>>
>>64252813
I liked the idea that it was meant to represent Republic propaganda news reels and thus explained some of the exaggerations (e.g. Windu punching super battle droids, Grievous's first fight, etc.)
>>
>>64254015
Yeah some epsidoe were actually pretty good in the mid-late seasons. The clone centric episodes in the 3D were surprisingly interesting, sometimes more so than the Jedi episodes.

And yeah, grievous was amazing in the 2D show. It's a damn shame the 3D one decided to make him more like the movie version, which is shit obviously.
Cartoon grevous could have easily been one of the greatest villains, if Lucas had kept him as a bad-ass killing machine. I think he really had something against the guys that made the 2D cartoon, for some reason.
>>
>>64253841
>Show doesn't focus on character I like. >Characters so happens to be black
>Dddasss RACISSS
>>
File: 1428353238061.webm (1 MB, 448x544) Image search: [Google]
1428353238061.webm
1 MB, 448x544
>>64252813
Too short, multi-part stories were a pain to follow because of time spent waiting for the next installment. Had its good moments, but it felt rushed mostly.

>>64254015
Yes, it gets better.
>>
>>64254187
Go back to reddit, faggot.
>>
Expecting the DVDs of them to arrive next week
>>
File: clones.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
clones.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>64252813
>What did you think about Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003)
Bad ass
>>
>watch the CGI cartoon
>Yoda actuall had a vision of Anakin turning and the jedi getting slaughtered before Episode 3
>hew knew whtat was going to happen and did nothing
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.